[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Metroid Prime 4 by not-Retro Studios, lead by the guy who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
>Metroid Prime 4 by not-Retro Studios, lead by the guy who brought us Federation Force. Not even a teaser, just a shitty logo that isn't even final art, 2019 at EARLIEST
>Literally Another Another Metroid 2 Remake: Remake, by a literally who developer
>Xenoblade 2 confirmed for autoattack MMO (offline) gameplay
>Hat capture mechanic in Mario Odyssey completely disrupts classic platforming worse than FLUDD ever did
>Kirby (2018) now with shoehorned couch co-op, you know, that thing that was so successful with the Wii U
>Yoshi (2018) now with even more arts and crafts vomit art style
>More musou reskins, complete with bad voice acting
>"We are making a game so here is a video of a developer saying so"
>Monster Hunter confirmed for no longer on Nintendo consoles, but enjoy this 3DS port (like the Wii U got)
>FIFA, Skyrim, STEEP, Rocket League and other 5 year games represent the extent of 3rd party commitment
>Rabbids. Full stop.
But no, Nintendo definitely won guys. I've never been more excited to be a Nintendo fan. This is fucking wonderful.
>>
Sony niggers really throwing that salt around.
>>
>Normies actually think World is a where the series is headed

Japan sales for MH are nearly ALL their sales. Japs hardly play consoles, vastly preferring handhelds.

If you actually think the proper MH5 isn't going to be on the current most powerful proper handheld (Switch), you're retarded.

Actual MH, if it goes multiplat, would likely be Switch/Smartphones (ugh)
>>
>>380332435

It doesn't help that Worlds looks like a reskinned Horizon. If anything Capcom is about to pull a DMC/Lost Planet.

>Release shit westernized version of a game
>Flops
>Lol oh well no more games for America xD
>>
>>380332435
>If you actually think the proper MH5 isn't going to be on the current most powerful proper handheld (Switch), you're retarded.
Most powerful doesn't mean shit. Switch hasn't even broken ONE MILLION units in Japan, in fact it's barely 50k units sold more than the Wii U over the same timeline.

Meanwhile MH:W will propel PS4 through the roof and they'll never look back. Switch is fucking dead. I had an ounce of hope that Japanese support would be good at least, but Capcom killed that yesterday, and reaffirmed it today with no MH reveal on Switch.
>>
>>380332745

Lemme repeat that.

Japs vastly prefer portables. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact of their work culture and lifestyle. Americans prefer a big screen and online play. Japs prefer whatever they can do on the train. Hence why mobage is so huge there.

On top of that, unless they start showing some actual gameplay and we get some stuff confirmed, World looks like trash right now. It looks like it plays like a generic third person open world game.
>>
>>380331914
b-but j-ust your opinion
>>
File: 1490118672971.jpg (67KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1490118672971.jpg
67KB, 576x432px
That's just your opinion, man. I'm just glad to see some games from everyone this year.
>>
>>380333792
You're lumping handhelds in with mobile gaming which isn't the same thing. Yes, Japan loves playing on the go but this has largely become on mobile phones, not handheld dedicated video game players. I really don't think MH in its current format would work on phones at all, so it considerably raises the potential that if someone wants that experience, they're going to buy the device that provides it. Whether that device is the PS4 or the Switch is probably inconsequential to them, and it sure as hell isn't going to be the Switch since it isn't coming

You're also completely ignoring the Western factor. What if MH:W is a huge hit *because* of western appeal? Previously this series has been confined to handhelds with 6th gen graphics, but they've upped that considerably and by debuting on the PS4, a very popular console in the west, it may just give the series the exposure it needs without significantly dumbing down the gameplay. If MHW ends up being a success in the West, Capcom is *very* unlikely to look backwards regardless of how well it does in Japan.
>>
fludd was cool
>>
File: fry.gif (977KB, 400x318px) Image search: [Google]
fry.gif
977KB, 400x318px
>>380334292
I agree anon. Feels good.
>>
>>380331914
>lead by the guy who brought us Federation Force.
Good, that was a good game.
>>
>>380334519
youre completely ignoring that the vita and 3ds still sell well in japan because even nips prefer buttons over touchscreens for their monhun and other weeb games
>>
>>380331914
I think you should kill yourself
>>
>>380331914
>lead by the guy who brought us Federation Force
he was also responsible for the best platformer since mario bros 3
>>
>>380331914
Everything you said is true, but here's the thing: Nintendo still won despite that. The other conferences were a complete fucking joke.
>>
>>380331914
The Metroid developers are not literal whos, they made Castlevania on 3DS which I enjoyed a lotm
>>
>>380335007
Says nothing about the Switch.

In fact, if Treehouse is any indication, it's reaffirming that Nintendo's commitment is much stronger to the 3DS than the Switch. All of these 3DS games being announced should, at a bare minimum, also be available on the Switch but we're not even getting that much.

"Nintendo is unifying their platforms into one ecosystem" was just complete horseshit. It's still divided and there's no end in sight
>>
>>380331914
ok
>>
>>380331914
Sonygro seething thread, nothing to see here.
>>
>>380331914
all of this salt
>>
>>380331914
>>Xenoblade 2 confirmed for autoattack MMO (offline) gameplay
Wait what? How is this different from previous games?
>>
>>380336583
That's what people say when they're BTFO
>>
>>380332435
Here we can see a nintentoddler striken in fear as capcom is about to give Switch a Vita treatment
>>
>>380331914
>Your salt mine has collapsed
No seriously what the fuck, you seriously just nitpicked shitty things that you barely have a grasp on.
>worse than fludd
Ok bait.
>>
>>380331914
>this level of turbo autism

grow the fuck up and just enjoy video games. you people are so embarrassing taking shit as stupid as games to this autistic level of seriousness. they're just supposed to be a bit of fun if you're not having fun go outside and find a new hobby Jesus I'm embarrassed to even enjoy the same medium as you.
>>
File: boiii.png (143KB, 642x700px) Image search: [Google]
boiii.png
143KB, 642x700px
>>380332435
>Switch
>Handheld
>>
>>380331914
The guy who brought us Federation Force directed all the Prime games
>>
>>380331914
>Metroid Prime 4 by not-Retro Studios
I fucking hope so. Most Retro devs left.

Metroid Prime 4 is being handled by a newer team, just like Prime 1 was.

> >Hat capture mechanic in Mario Odyssey completely disrupts classic platforming
Implying controlling a Mario-possessed car, real human, or T-Rex isn't the shit

> Kirby (2018) now with shoehorned couch co-op
Couch co-op is bad now?

> Yoshi now with even more arts and crafts vomit art style
It's perfect for Yoshi

> More musou reskins
Implying using Fire Emblem characters/setting for Musuo isnt the shit
>>
considering that sony had the worst e3 showing in their history and xbox is a dead console it didnt take much for nintendo to win
>>
Yeah I also didn't enjoy Nintendo's conference but I'm glad people got what they wanted. I bought a Switch but I honestly don't know why since Pokemon is the only Nintendo property I've ever cared about. Although Zelda was probably worth it, but the fact that I liked it so much is probably because it's literally my first Zelda.

I guess I just really liked the marketing and packaging for it.
>>
>>380331914
you're a Nintendo fanboy OP. This is how it will work:

1 you will pre order the game
2 you will think it's the best game of all time

You can never leave Nintendo.
>>
>>380331914
Holy shit OP do you hate having fun?
>>
All I wanted was some indie support to fill in the drought.

Got fuck all.
>>
>>380331914
Imagine being this bitter
>>
File: 1450756664545.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1450756664545.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>380331914

>Metroid Prime 4 by not-Retro Studios, lead by the guy who brought us Federation Force. Not even a teaser, just a shitty logo that isn't even final art, 2019 at EARLIEST
I feel neutral. could be good, but we have to see more first.

>Literally Another Another Metroid 2 Remake: Remake, by a literally who developer
Looks promising, but the devs have a shoddy history. We'll have to keep an eye out on it.

>Xenoblade 2
Never cared about it anyway. I hate cinematic movie games (I hate all RPGS since they basically fall into this trap)

>Hat capture mechanic in Mario Odyssey completely disrupts classic platforming worse than FLUDD ever did
They could make it worse, but I wasn't impressed so far.

>Kirby
>Yoshi
>Musou
>Monster Hunter
>ports
Not a fan of any of these. They're too simplistic for my tastes, or I can play them on another console.

>rabbids
Not impressed either.

Overall a weak presentaiton, but better than the competition.
>>
>>380337285
>>worse than fludd
>Ok bait.
FLUDD pretty much just let you hover a bit longer, or do super high jumps, I forget what the 3rd one even was but it was never used. It didn't disrupt the platforming, it added to it

The hat capture completely disrupts platforming, and you play as something else which most of the time is non-platforming
>>
File: 1496973322359.jpg (356KB, 600x858px) Image search: [Google]
1496973322359.jpg
356KB, 600x858px
>>380331914
Link to where they announced Federation Force director is making MP4? I didn't see anything about that.
>>
>>380331914
>Xenoblade 2 confirmed for autoattack MMO (offline) gameplay
thats literally how the series has always been, are you retarded?
>>
>>380331914
>lead by the guy who brought us Federation Force
Wait, what?
>>
>>380338708
>we have to see more first.
More? LOL
How about ANYTHING

>We'll have to keep an eye out on it.
At least AM2R was good, that's all I have to say. I can deal with Nintendo's franchises turning to shit when at least the fans know how to make them properly

>Overall a weak presentaiton, but better than the competition.
I find it strange that I have to agree. Nintendo once again won simply by not being as terrible as the rest, while still being frankly quite fucking bad
>>
>>380334993
Fuck off Cody.
>>
File: Salty.webm (277KB, 530x360px) Image search: [Google]
Salty.webm
277KB, 530x360px
>>380331914
>>
>>380339176

>How about ANYTHING
They're at least tiding us over with a REAL Metroid game, not just shovelware. so I'm willing to wait for more information.

>At least AM2R was good, that's all I have to say
I agree. I'd like to see Nintendo's little take on Metroid 2 remaking, but so far it looks like Am2R might still take home the gold.

>Nintendo once again won simply by not being as terrible as the rest, while still being frankly quite fucking bad
This is exactly how Sony "won" so many E3's. Remember when they literally did nothing but announce the ability to share used games, and that got them massive praise? The competition just fell all over themselves.Now it's Nintendo's turn.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.