[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Dishonored fans upset about Billie starring, or are people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 50

File: dishonored doto.jpg (685KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dishonored doto.jpg
685KB, 1920x1080px
Are Dishonored fans upset about Billie starring, or are people just upset about a negress on the cover of a game they weren't going to play anyway?

It's a bummer Daud won't be playable, but that's the only thing I don't like.
>>
>>380327282
I think the only thing Dishonored fans are upset about is that they want to kill the Outsider and most likely will do it.

My biggest problem with the game is that it looks like they're ignoring the possibility that you changed the timeline in the time travel mission. Obviously this isn't the first time Dishonored has taken its own canon and ignored yours, I just think it's something they could have done if they were so interested in her robo arm.
>>
I loved second game and really looking forward to dlc.
>>
I'll probably buy it in six months when it's on sale for 75% off. And hopefully the performance problems are fixed.
>>
dishonored players aren't the ones making the hate threads.
>>
I would bitch about the dumb premise of killing The Outsider, but considering how poorly Dishonored 2 sold and considering how this is almost certainly them saying goodbye to the series, I'm just happy we're getting a conclusion to it.
>>
>>380327802
I don't believe there are going to be able to kill the outsider. Being the literal name of the expansion I think there's a catch and reversal of expectations
>>
>>380327802
>>380327282
What is dead cannot be killed, for killing requires life. The outsider, according to Dishonored 2's lore, was killed 4000 years ago, and spurt forth the void.

The biggest concern I have is, yes, Billie's hand. It makes absolutely fucking no sense, and invalidates all player agency of Dishonored 2.

Make no mistake, this is a DLC Boxed. Staple bethesda tactics.

>Robo arm, nowhere in the base game
>Whatever eye, also nowhere in the base game
>Base game has you change the timeline if you will, and have her arm back on.

Watch them tiptoe the issue and say she got into an accident and had to get a Robotic arm. Details will be unspecified, and it will be made so vaguely, it fits both having her own arm, and not.

Ridiculous misuse, misdirection of plot.

>Not playing as Daud

>Billie has a new outfit, a robotic arm, etc.

I don't even know. Why not just add a damn DLC menu?
>>
>>380327282
I don't like Billie. It has nothing to do with her skin color.
>>
>>380328516
Possibly so that they can try to protect it with Denuvo separately?
>>
>>380328516
She had that gear in the comic, too.

>>380328568
I liked her in KoD but she was terribly boring in 2.
>>
File: Dishonored 004-022.jpg (2MB, 2008x3047px) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored 004-022.jpg
2MB, 2008x3047px
>>380328516
The comic (that came out before the game) did foreshadow this. Should have kept up with the lore :^)
>>
>>380328516
>I don't even know. Why not just add a damn DLC menu?

I think because there is inherit bad code in D2 and they don't want to build the DLC over that. Just a clean slate works better for them maybe
>>
>>380328624
>>380328516
What's the point of protecting it with Denuvo, really? Dishonored 2 has Denuvo... no point whatsoever.

I feel like this is horse armor vol 2 from Bethesda.
>>
>>380328857
Time traveling Lurk will go back 4000 years in the past and save the Outsider from getting killed in the ritual, retconning the events of Dishonored 1 and 2.
>>
File: 1490244178459.jpg (13KB, 277x277px) Image search: [Google]
1490244178459.jpg
13KB, 277x277px
>kill the outsider
Is this their way of killing the franchise off?
>>
File: 1497218501723.png (192KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497218501723.png
192KB, 512x512px
>>380327282
I honestly don't give a shit about the protagonists look and race in a first person stealth game.
It would be different if it was 3rd person.

I liked Dishonored 2, played through it once and am going to do my non lethal playthrough soon.

The only complaint I have is that the controls on PS4 are hot garbage. Makes me wish you could insert a mouse and keyboard.
>>
>>380328857
>lore
>comics

I'm sorry but I do not see any canon label on it...
Ah who the fuck cares. They're going to ignore their own plot. Meh.
>>
>>380327282
I still haven't played 2, but I'm pleased they didn't forget about her.

Daud had his time to shine, bringing him back would destroy the importance of his story.

Same people bitching about Billie are the same people bitching about Emily being playable in 2: faggots who didn't play the original Dishonored and don't know how good those characters were.
>>
>>380327282
No anon, I love that an original good franchise that was about a disgraced assassin turned into some Lifetime made for TV movie about a black transexual lesbian fighting the patriarchy.

I'm sure people are going to be lining up to buy this tumblr fanfiction
>>
>>380329171
>Literally has the exact same robot eye and arm
>Comic came out before the base game was even out
>Durr I wonder if it's canon
Are you kidding me?
>>
>>380329171
>their own plot that they already established in a different medium
>>
>>380329152
read >>380328398
>>
>>380328516
>What is dead cannot be killed, for killing requires life. The outsider, according to Dishonored 2's lore, was killed 4000 years ago, and spurt forth the void.
They could do something about the void in general. I guess we'll have to see.
>>
File: gbgaf.jpg (5KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
gbgaf.jpg
5KB, 229x220px
>>380327282
I'm not upset but the story concept makes me extremely worried.
This series did not need multiverse time travel shit, but the developments out of no where with Billie have introduced those things into the series. And killing the Outsider potentially means "going back in time to prevent his creation and retconning the whole series"
It's scary, is all.
>>
>>380329171
>>380329325
>>380329328
>to get the whole story, read COMICS

I'm sorry, but I forgot we're in merchandiseland for a bit. I'll do the recommended reading.
>>
>>380328568
What I want to know, is why there are black people in an parallel industrial british society? How did they evolve in the same tiny isles as the white characters? They can't be from the continent, as it was noted that the continent was never colonized and to bizarre and primitive to interact with.
>>
>>380329307
I mean technically, BIllie fits the description of "disgraced assassin" far better than Corvo.
>>
They're idiots if Daud isn't playable, no one wanted to play as her of all characters. This series is fucked if they wanted sales
>>
File: 4dthink.png (57KB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
4dthink.png
57KB, 298x298px
>>380327282
but will it run above 15 fps
>>
>>380329086
lmao I don't doubt it

this is what happens when you hire straight off feminist twitter
>>
>>380329563
An anon dumped the comics right before 2 released. You missed out.
>>
>>380329254
>Billie
>good character
literally just walking story exposition and a shitty "boss"
>>
>>380328516
>Robo arm, nowhere in the base game
I don't think that's a robot arm, seeing how there is no arm to connect the hand to the body.
>>
>>380327282
I am not upset, Dishonored 2 was very disappointing and after I finished it I knew I would not give them any money on DLC's. I don't care if Billie is the star, but for sure there are more interesting characters to pick from.
>>
>>380327282
>dishonored fans
these exist? Sad!
>>
File: monkey paw.jpg (27KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
monkey paw.jpg
27KB, 512x384px
>I want more DLC with Daud in it
>we get a fuckfest that involves multiverse timetravel bullshit and a story that will probably mean the retconning of all the games
And no, The Outsider's Timepiece wasn't the same as this.
>>
File: 1452218050773.jpg (44KB, 437x433px) Image search: [Google]
1452218050773.jpg
44KB, 437x433px
I liked both games and would have liked to play DLC as Billie, but I think making her a time-traveling cyborg is a step too far.

The original game was a pretty grounded setting with one big lie: whale oil. This was a pretty good explanation for having fantastical things that are pervasive in the setting (like the tallboy walkers). It made sense that their society was more or less like ours, but had been dramatically changed by one innovation.

Layered on top was the occultism and religious themes of the Outsider, but this didn't have a huge impact on the world. It felt unique; you only ever saw two marks in the first game and you are told there are only eight. This let you be disruptive in the world by not playing by its rules.

I think a cyborg alone would have been pushing it but still acceptable because it could be some kind of whale oil tech cooked up by Sokolov. A time traveler would have crossed the line for me personally because I hate time travel plots but maybe they could have pulled it back in by relating it to the Outsider (i.e. maybe he sends your character back in time and you're trying to get home).

Billie isn't the issue, it's the intersection of two other factors layered on top of her character that really stretch my faith in the setting overall. Once the writers take the time travel pill they have an out for any lazy fuckups or to introduce random elements instead of being focused on the existing feeling of the setting.
>>
File: butthurt parasite.png (463KB, 632x569px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt parasite.png
463KB, 632x569px
>>380328313
>hate threads
go back redditor
>>
>>380330765
>I think a cyborg alone would have been pushing it but still acceptable because it could be some kind of whale oil tech cooked up by Sokolov. A time traveler would have crossed the line for me personally because I hate time travel plots but maybe they could have pulled it back in by relating it to the Outsider (i.e. maybe he sends your character back in time and you're trying to get home).
What makes you say she's a time traveller? Her robot art could be something that was created by the crazy scientists out there. Unfortunately I'm not a big enough fan to remember the character names of the scientists, but they've created crow robot soldiers, electronic mines/walls, etc. Why not a robot arm?
>>
>>380327282
Billy is uninteresting.
>>
>>380331531
See:
>>380328857
>>
>>380331531
Cyborg Billie time travels in the comic to save a person from dying.
The comic and this game introduces multiverse timetravel bullshit.
>>
>>380327282
I don't mind at all. At least we're getting a new character to play. Plus more Dishonored is always nice.
>>
>>380331812
>>380331872
That could just be occult teleportation or something. I read her line about "knowing what's to come" just meant "we can't warn them the witch is coming for them" and "Another time" just meaning "I'll tell you later."

I guess the idea of time travel in Dishonored never occurred to me.
>>
>>380332396
>That could just be occult teleportation or something
The comic is explicitly about her being a time traveler.

Her teleportation also has a digital effect unlike the dark, smokey look of all other occult powers, including her own when she was tethered to Daud.
>>
As I understand the Outsider mainly helps you during the games and he's quite charismatic, why would they want to kill him? Furthermore, why they think that the main plot of the game being killing him would interest the fans?
>>
>>380331872
>>380330765
The game itself already involves time travel as a significant gameplay mechanic though. There's a whole level based around travelling through time.
>>
>>380332396
It doesn't occur to you because it's a fucking stupid idea, but that's what the comic is about. But I can guarantee killing the outside means going back in time and retconning the entire series.
Harvey is a fucking hack.
>>380332820
Daud blames the Outsider for all the world's problems. He blames himself using his powers to do bad things on the Outsider and he blames the Outsider of Delilah as well.
>>
>>380332396
It's very clearly time travel if you read the whole thing. She literally stops time, enters the frame, saves the woman, takes her to another time and then disappears.

More importantly than that, the events that you're seeing in the comic happen before Corvo knows about Delilah, meaning that it's before the second game. As you can see later, Billie Lurk is normal and doesn't have cyborg shit. Time-travelling is confirmed.
>>
>>380332863
It's localized to one mansion, depends on an artifact of the Outsider and is only a link between the present and a specific point in time due to an occult ritual that occured there.

It's not technological time travel at all, it is not at will and it does not grant any special powers.
>>
>>380332820
Pff the Outsider should be the prota, and everyone else should try to kill him.
>>
>>380333143
Unless she's not using it to not let on to Corvo that she's a former assassin. It doesn't appear embedded in her flesh so there's no reason why she couldn't remove the tech. Poor crippled boat owners don't have robot arms.

>She literally stops time, enters the frame, saves the woman, takes her to another time and then disappears.
There's nothing wrong with stopping time in Dishonored, Corvo has done it before.
>>
>>380332820
He's giving random people super powers, many of which murder people and seize power with these abilities. Those that he doesn't give power he's slowly driven insane. That's not really the best thing to have running around unchecked.

I'd say it's of interest to see why or how they'll do it.
>>
>>380333776
>There's nothing wrong with stopping time in Dishonored, Corvo has done it before.
Corvo stops time for a few seconds at most, he does not literally go back in time.
>>
>>380334112
Great things come from chaos, it's hard to say why he would do such a thing if he is literally outside of the human understanding. But killing an interesting character like him that doesn't do the player any harm is ridiculous and retarded.
>>
>>380334243
Well sure, I wasn't saying he was, just that her stopping time doesn't automatically mean she's a sudden master of time travel.
>>
>>380327282
>Are Dishonored fans upset about Billie starring
Her pwoers seem like a cool reskin and i think Daud will be selectable, much like you can pick between Corvo or Emily.

I don't see a problem with Billy being a protag, she was set-up from a long way, nothing outrageous about it.
>>
I haven't played Dishonored 2, so I don't know what role she plays in it if any, but I really liked Billie after reading that journal entry in the first game.

Time travel is silly though, and kind of out of character for the game, but the worldbuilding in Dishonored is fantastic so I don't think it'll be the end of the world.
>>
>>380327282
More filthy casual/sjw/feminist cancerous propaganda. I'm fucking sick and tired of the pandering , why has gaming gone in this direction...
>>
>>380333351
>It's not technological time travel at all, it is not at will
but it is at will and it affects the present in huge ways too.
>>
>>380327282
I only care about 1 thing at that point, will the game be actually playable or another broken unoptimized mess like 2 was
>>
>>380332820
The Outsider is basically a nuclear arms dealer who sells to both sides. He basically is bored as fuck so he escalates both sides of a conflict to entertain himself. He's not good or evil, just chaotic neutral. Daud is likely sick of that bullshit
>>
>>380334690
It's just really obvious that it's what's happening in the comics.
Billie Lurk comes in with her cyborg arms, says that the characters can't know of what's about to happen (which she herself doesn't realize until later when Sokolov figures it out and gets kidnapped), pauses time and tells her that she's taking her to another time.

It's patently obvious that she's travelling from the future.
>>
The Outsider is the reason the original empress died, Corvo would have fucked up all those assassins if they didn't have his power.
>>
>>380334885
>Time travel is silly though, and kind of out of character for the game

The most iconic power in the game besides blink is time manipulation, and there's an entire mission dedicated to a time travel mechanic in 2
>>
>>380335001
Except he doesn't sell, he gives it for free.

You are not against free shit are you?

Either way I wonder if the Outsider would ask for Corvo's help in case he needed.
>>
>>380335554
>that spoiler
Really, that makes me feel better about it then. Thank you anon.
>>
>>380327282
A choice between Billie/Daud would've been nice as a reflection of Dishonored 2. That said, playing as Corvo in D2 felt out of place, his dialogue with other characters is disjointed and his cutscenes are odd, overall it clearly felt like the game was Emily's story and Corvo was sorta shoehorned in. I'm a huge Dishonored fag so I've played the second game about four times, after playing Corvo once I had no desire to play him again because it just feels like Emily's game so much. If Dishonored 2 came out 10+ years ago I feel like playing as Corvo would've been an unlockable feature for beating the game on hard or something, not a major feature.

So honestly I'm glad they're just focusing on one character. They clearly set up the premise for the DLC/expansion and I'm glad they're sticking to it. The idea of a protagonist who isn't marked by the Outsider, forcing them to rely on an array of weird supernatural artifacts, is really cool.

Plus I like the parallel between Corvo/Daud and Emily/Billie. In Dishonored you play as Corvo, whose protege Emily serves as a reflection of the player's actions and she then goes on to star in Dishonored 2. In Knife of Dunwall/Brigmore Witches you play as Daud, whose protege Billie serves as a reflection of the player's actions and then goes on to star in Death of the Outsider.
>>
>>380335554
Was everyone else infuriated by this time travel bit in the main game or if it's a gimmick for one second does it not raise so many eyebrows.
>>
File: 1494247176336.jpg (49KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1494247176336.jpg
49KB, 750x750px
>Dishonored 2 let's you play as a male and female with different powers
>implying the DLC won't let you choose between Billie and Daud
Only summerfags and /pol/tards are triggered by a black female
>>
>>380336030
I agree, Corvo feels out of place and levels really were designed for emily considering the range of the most obvious jumps.
>>
>>380328516
>What is dead cannot be killed, for killing requires life. The outsider, according to Dishonored 2's lore, was killed 4000 years ago
>hurr durr semantics

Whether the author calls his particular brand of sentience and consciousness "life" or not, if you rob him of it he's dead for all intents and purposes.
>but you can't kill what's not dead
The author decides how that works.
>>
>>380336663
They've already said Daud isn't a player character.
>>
Daud isn't playable? Then I won't buy it.
I didn't like Billie even when she wasn't a negress so fuck this gay earth.
>>
Imagine how pathetic your life is that you hate women and minorities due to what anonymous shitposters say on a message board.
>>
File: Billie_lurk_low_chaos.jpg (633KB, 1060x757px) Image search: [Google]
Billie_lurk_low_chaos.jpg
633KB, 1060x757px
>>380337238
>I didn't like Billie even when she wasn't a negress
When would that be?
>>
>>380337880
Not him but she does have lighter skin there.
>>
>>380338198
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HHRfuLVfls
>>
>>380327282
I liked dishonored 2 but if you buy this shit boxed dlc you support the Bethesda cancer growth
>>
>>380327282
NO I'M UPSET THAT SHE'S PLAYABLE BUT DAUD ISN'T.

FUCK I JUST WANTED DAUD.
>>
>>380339330
They've said it several times, look it up yourself.

I'm surprised this game is a standalone 30 dollar game.
>>
>>380327282
I like her just fine, and it's good to see Daud back. I'm interested to see how big this content actually is though, if it's just fucking DLC masquerading around like an expac i'll be fucking pissed.

On the other hand, if it is actually an expac, i'm all for it. As much as I like these two characters though, I would have rather played Corvo again.
>>
>>380340437
If they have the balls to charge $30 for typical DLC length content then good for them, but I'm betting it's going to be 6 or 7 missions. Possibly even challenge stages if there's enough unique abilities.
>>
>>380327282
>another nigger game

Tell me again why people buy and play these?
>>
>>380341016
Fun gameplay mechanics.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (43KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
43KB, 300x200px
>>380341016
>weak bait
>>
File: 1469248322337.png (452KB, 1029x710px) Image search: [Google]
1469248322337.png
452KB, 1029x710px
>>380327282
>had lighter skin in Dunwall and was wearing a mask
>moved to Karnaka and got darker skin

im ok with this

im gonna play as Daud anyway so fuck it
>>
>>380341636
>im gonna play as Daud anyway so fuck it
You're not.

Ask yourself this- why is there no Daud on the cover, only Billie? Both Emily and Corvo were on the cover of D2.
>>
>>380341636
>im gonna play as Daud anyway
Anon...
>>
>no playable Daud
I like Billie Lurk, but Daud is way fuckin cooler and Michael Madsen's voice over made the first game's DLCs for me.
>>
>>380341860
>>380341967
This is probably the thing I hate the most.
I wanted to play as old man Daud. I don't give a fuck about Billie and her stupid cyborg shit.
>>
>>380342301
I dunno. At the end of Dishonoured and the DLC, it felt to me like Daud's story had come to a satisfying conclusion. Given his canon ending is that he finds a degree of redemption, having him come out of retirement and go through the same old high chaos/low chaos dilemma feels a bit cheap.
>>
>>380329770
I sure want to play as 60y old dude with no powers.
The Outsider abandoned Daud long before, and it looks like Billie is using some kind of technology based skills rather than void "magic".
>>
>>380341390
When I played Dishonored last time it was about a white male assassin not some gender-queer nigger.
>>
>>380342837
>with no powers.
It was never confirmed that Daud lost his powers.
Once you're marked, you're always marked. If The Outsider could just abandon someone, he would have told Delilah to fuck off, considering how he causes her downfall twice.
>>
File: whyman.jpg (24KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
whyman.jpg
24KB, 500x344px
>>380341860
>>380341967
;__; STOP LYING
>>
>>380342301
Daud looks like he's accelerated in aging. I didn't think he was that much older than Corvo. Either that or Corvo is a handsome fuck like Clooney that is eternally middle aged for 20+ years.
>>380342271
At least a decent actress plays Billie. Emily's was okay, but really up and down. Sometimes she sounded really unenthusiastic.

When I read over the cast for both 1 and 2, I was surprised how many high profile actors were in it.

Like Cersei Lannister, dude whose head was crushed like a watermelon in GoT, Kingpin, even princess Leia.
>>
>>380327282
Won't daud be playable as well?
>>
>>380343195
Nope.
>>380343117
And Private Pyle as The Duke. I don't know why Bethesda wastes money on celebrity voices, when the only one that added anything was Michael Madsen.
>>
File: vinanutshell.jpg (567KB, 1659x650px) Image search: [Google]
vinanutshell.jpg
567KB, 1659x650px
DLC for the first game was fantastic so im looking forward to this
>>
File: latest.png (2MB, 873x1493px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
2MB, 873x1493px
>>380337238
D1's official artwork.
>>
File: cccccccc.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cccccccc.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>380327282
LOOK AT THIS

THIS IS COOL AS FUCK
>>
File: 16187_4cc6c60da8906.jpg (140KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
16187_4cc6c60da8906.jpg
140KB, 640x480px
>>380343393
>Pyle
Forgot he also played that. His performance was a tad over the top in 2,but I guess that was the Duke's personality

I have no idea why they wasted so much damn money on Carrie Fischer. Unless you kill the propaganda speaker in 1, she never even appears in the game.

Russell was okay as Corvo, but his other performances in other games were so much better.
https://youtu.be/YGWEnaZamBo
>>
>>380327282
holy shit, that's supposed to be a woman?
>>
>>380344148
Was it made by Sokolov?
>>
>>380344148
>a piece of the Void as a hand

The Void becomes more and more confusing every time it's relevant. Billie's not marked, but she definitely has a connection to the Void for some reason.
>>
>>380343031
Daud's mark radiated powers to his proteges while, as far as we know, no one else who was gifted had this power. It's inconclusive to assume that Daud couldn't be abandoned just because Delilah wasn't.
I mean, Daud is cool and all, the DLC was amazing, but I'd rather they focused on a single character and apparently they chose Billie.
>>
File: GrcfLvC.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GrcfLvC.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
>>380344823
No those are ancient void artifacts

that's the knife used to sacrifice the outsider btw, like in the novel she's going to get her powers from it
>>
File: 1497385166538.png (96KB, 441x401px) Image search: [Google]
1497385166538.png
96KB, 441x401px
>>380327282
More Kangz wtf? Every day i look E3 up there is new one.
>>
>>380345127
>knife used to sacrifice Outsider
Thought Zukhov had that.
>>
Is it going to be a standalone game or a DLC for Dishonored 2?
>>
>>380343492
>>380345258
like clockwork
>>
File: old clockwork soldiers.jpg (57KB, 540x338px) Image search: [Google]
old clockwork soldiers.jpg
57KB, 540x338px
>>380345286
I didn't finish the novel. Does it appear in anywhere else but the flashback?
>>380345436
Speaking of which
>>
>>380345080
>apparently they chose Billie

And a terrible choice it was.
>>
>>380345395
Standalone I think.
>>380345436
Yeah, it is annoying because this is the one game where you can safely say there is no evidence of shoehorning in a black female character.
>>
I just kind of want a game where you play as Delilah but I don't think there's really anywhere in the timeline that fits for her to be going around having witch adventures in the background.
>>
File: papafranku is disappoint.png (348KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
papafranku is disappoint.png
348KB, 401x401px
>>380327282
>Are Dishonored fans upset about Billie starring, or are people just upset about a negress on the cover of a game they weren't going to play anyway?
Neither.
I’m upset that we’ve gone back to this whole set of characters.
I liked Daud as a villain. I even let him live.
But I couldn’t stand playing as him in the DLC. I quit Knife of Dunwall before even finishing the first mission and never went back.

Then we finally got to be a good guy again with Dishonored 2. Now we’re back to the bad guys. I just don’t care about these evil people.
Megan was the least interesting character of the base game anyway. I don't care about her or anything in her story.
>>
>>380345557
Yes, he has it and uses it to travel through mirrors to go through time. He carved the mark on his hand and uses corrupted bone charms.

At the end I think Emily or Corvo picks up the knife after he gets the Joker treatment and is pushed into a boiling vat of mirror making material by Corvo.
>>
>>380327282
If you try to kill the Outsider in the game, you can be damn sure it's part of his intentions to pass on the mantle.
Is it confirmed we can't choose to play as Daud?
>>
>>380345909
>I don't care about evil characters
If you kept playing you'd see Daud save a little girl, and see how Daud takes in stray orphans.

Evil in this world is ambiguous, like most.
>>
>>380345743

Fucking why? Apparently the pre-order price is $30. Why not just make it a DLC?
>>
>>380345909
>I quit Knife of Dunwall before even finishing the first mission
superpleb
>>
>>380346437
>Worked for Wolfenstein
>>
But lore says if you kill the outsider the void will make another.
>>
>>380346617
They're going to make Billie the new outsider for the rest of the series to show how progressive they are
>LOOK AT OUR FEMALE NEGRESS GOD FIGURE
>>
>>380346194
The official site had both Corvo and Emily as playable characters in the description of D2. You would think that if Daud was going to be playable it would be one of the selling points. Currently there's only mention of Billie.
>>
>>380346606
Didn't mean to quote.

>>380346617
Daud will probably take over the role.
>>
File: billie lurk.jpg (17KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
billie lurk.jpg
17KB, 192x192px
>>380338198
>>380337238
This is literally her art in-game in Dishonored 1.

If any person actually thinks she's not black in the first game they're brain dead.
>>
>>380346746
If anything it will be Daud
>>
File: 1493541474234.jpg (830KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1493541474234.jpg
830KB, 2048x1152px
>>380346437
This isn't 2012 Bethesda. This is 2017 "they aren't paid mods, just mods you pay for" Bethesda.

God Arkane needs to gtfo. Pic related
>>
>>380345909
Damn, man. I hate the re-use of characters too, but the DLC stuff in Dishonored 1 was great, speaking in gameplay.
>>
>>380346746
Being the Outsider is a kinda shitty existence.
>>
>>380346960
I have nothing but praise for Arkane based on that image.

Also the original Prey is mediocre as fuck, the new one shits on it in every conceivable way.
>>
>>380327282
oh no, someone made a mistake
don't they know, that there is no 15th month
>>
>>380327282
>Billie starring
Billie starting what shes fucking dead, so is Daud, what are you talking bout ?
>>
File: 1455302897440.png (110KB, 203x230px) Image search: [Google]
1455302897440.png
110KB, 203x230px
>a thread on /v/ where people aren't just blindly shitting on Dishonored and D2
>>
>>380347443
Agreed. The fact they did all those patches, added missions, and NG+ deepened my respect for them as a developer.

Wish they could break free and be AA and make it to AAA, like CD Projekt Red

Prey is on my back list, probably gonna be my next game.
>>
>>380346763
That's fair. and unfortunate.
>>
>>380347703
Billie Lurk is alive and well, sans an arm, anon.
>>380347523
Other countries write the date differently.
>>
>>380327282
I'm upset about there not being a single discount for Dishonored 2 owners and that game still running like total shite
Billie as a protag was already teased by the end of the game so being upset about that is pretty retarded
>>
>>380347703
They choose the canon for you before 2. Daud was spared by Corvo, Daud spares Billie.

Not saying I enjoy it, wish they would let you import a save file from 1 and the DLCs
>>
>>380347781
Most of the shitposters shifted to consolewars now that Nintendo is fresh off of their announcements but don't worry, they will be back
>>
>>380348114
I bought the game for $34 back in February from Amazon for PC. It came with a Steam code.

You just aren't looking hard enough.
>>380347781
Don't jinx it. Haven't had a proper Dishonored thread to post in since 2 released.
>>
>>380348131
> Kills your empress
> Kills your love
> Killls the mother of your daughter
> Spares the dude
Yeah ok sure man lol, makes sense
>>
>>380348438
Killing him won't bring those people back. Prove you're the better man.
>>
>>380348131
One thing I actually wish they went with would be the Chaos system.

If you go around killing everyone and it goes high chaos, Daud was killed, everyone was killed, things are shitty because Dunwall has been shitty

If you go around being ultra sneaky or knocking people out, Daud was spared, everyone was saved from the plangue, things are much less shitty because Dunwall has been pretty decent.

Of course, either that or a save import would have been a bit crazy to implement, but I thought it would have worked fine if we had a new set of characters rather than being entirely re-using nearly all of them.
>>
>>380328516
>The biggest concern I have is, yes, Billie's hand. It makes absolutely fucking no sense, and invalidates all player agency of Dishonored 2.
That's the most retarded complaint I've heard all day.
>Hurr I killed Billie in my High Chaos playthrough why the fuck is she alive in the DLC fuck you
>>
>>380348438
In all fairness, Daud did end up saving Emily in the DLC
>>
>>380348438
>Your little girl's soul is ejected from her body and replaced with Delilah because Daud wasn't there to stop it, or didn't care to

Prioritize your kids.
>>
>>380348689
Really made me think, Justin
>>
File: C.S. LOLis.jpg (268KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
C.S. LOLis.jpg
268KB, 2000x1333px
>>380347273
It’s not the re-use. I just hate playing bad guys. It sours the entire experience, a niggling reminder in the back of my head as I play. Like knowing that I missed something permanently and I need to restart to get it.
I’m fine with games that give me choice, or ones where I’m already the good guy. But you start off as a murderer-for-hire in KoD. Daud feeling guilty about killing Jessamine doesn’t change that fact.

>>380346347
That's good to know, at least.

>Evil in this world is ambiguous, like most.
Pic related.
>>
>>380348410
I'm talking about getting a discount for the standalone if you own the game already
>>
>>380348929
You sound genuinely autistic.
>>
>>380348914
the events of The Brigmore Witches was before his fight with Corvo
>>
>>380334243
"Reverse the flow of time" could actually be a cool power for Dishonored.
>>
>>380348689
It will stop him from committing more atrocities.
>>
>>380348914

Daud stopped Delilah before Corvo kills him (if you kill him), not after. Him saving Emily was his repentance.
>>
>>380348929
The little girl being Emily.

Also, why do you always want to play the hero? Isn't it nice to see another POV with complexity?
>>380349025
Not even CDPR did that on release with the 2 expansions.
>>
File: 1479011643506.png (544KB, 900x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1479011643506.png
544KB, 900x1426px
>>380343897
That's just a shadow on her face you fucking retard. She is way whiter in the game as proof and the voice actress is white too.
>>
>>380349127
>>380349275
Still, I think Corvo would appreciate the fact he chose to go out of his way to save Corvo's daughter.

Not that I think forgiveness is needed.
>>
File: Billie03.png (91KB, 196x480px) Image search: [Google]
Billie03.png
91KB, 196x480px
>>380349584
are you blind my man
>>
>>380345080
>Daud's mark radiated powers to his proteges while, as far as we know, no one else who was gifted had this power.
Delilah.
>>
Comic storytime WHEN
>>
>>380349584
No she isn't you fucking retarded cunt. The voice actress is black.
>>
>>380349584
xd
>>
>>380349587
Doubt Corvo even gave a fuck about the daughter, until she was the only thing left to him of Jessamine
>>
>>380346437
Eh, why not? I'd say the price is fair if there are 6 missions as well crafted as the main game
>>
>>380327282
Looks like and indian man wearing makeup
>>
File: Keesha_fim01.jpg (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Keesha_fim01.jpg
6KB, 240x240px
>>380349878
While we are at it, adult Emily's VA is also black.

She played the token black chick on Magic School Bus.
>>
>>380349587
Corvo didn't even know about Daud saving Emily. In the novel, Corvo regrets letting him go.
>>
>>380327282
WE
>>
>>380349937
>doubt Corvo gave a fuck about the daughter
Did you even play the games? He loves Emily, the tutorials are always him teaching her or playing with her. At the very beginning he is picking her up and twirling her around.
>>
Why did the Outsider give his mark to Delilah but then also tell Daud "ayo this bitch is kinda crazy, please investigate"
>>
>>380349587

I don't think Daud cared about Emily. Delilah was an evil bitch so that's probably the only reason why.

>>380349971
Yeah, I guess you're right. You may as well make it a full-fledged game if you're gonna market it as standalone. It's just another thing in my Steam list I suppose.
>>
>crack comes out
>/v/ starts civil discussion about the game
hmmmmm....
>>
>>380350116
>reading comprehension
I meant if he hypothetically did find out, it would make him think twice. Not that he would ever forgive Daud for killing the empress
>>
>>380350275
Thats about all the interaction you have with her, her seeing someone she regards as a big brother, then you saving her from her whore house and saving her again from the massive tower. His real love was the Empress and you could tell, not the love child
>>
>>380349845
You're right, but it doesn't prove that every mark operates according to the same rules, only that those two share that particular characteristic.
Delilah could later remove other people's marks so it's not like they are permanent or event dependent on Outsider's whim.
>>
>>380327282
They're pissed Trump is forcing a liberal agenda. I'd be as well if I voted his brother into presidency.
>>
>>380350601
She draws Corvo a picture that says Daddy, don't think she sees him as an older brother.

>His real love was the Empress
Your main drive throughout the rest of the game is Emily. It is shown even though you have zero dialogue in the first game.

The tutorial of 2 is so full of father-daughter fluff it is nauseating.
>>
>>380350757
>Delilah could later remove other people's marks so it's not like they are permanent or event dependent on Outsider's whim.

Well that's because Delilah got a LOT more powerful once she was banished to the Void

>>380350294
Because the Outsider thought it would be entertaining to give Daud a chance to atone for what he did.
>>
>>380327282
>Are Dishonored fans upset about Billie starring,
That would be understandable, since Billie is a kinda lame character who doesnt do a whole lot, so there's no real justification for her taking the reins of the series when Corvo has been in the last two, and it's also strange to go back to one character when people loved having the choice between two characters in Dishonored II

>or are people just upset about a negress on the cover of a game they weren't going to play anyway?
"people" in this case is /pol/acks and /v/irgins, but yes, they are upset about exactly that
>>
>>380350448
>I don't think Daud cared
Daud was riddled with regret over empresses assassination. That's the sole reason the Outsider spoke to him again and why he decided to seek out "Delilah" not knowing who she is.
>>
>>380350294
All part of his plan to get a replacement. Delilah could've been it but the Outsider canonically dislikes people using their powers to dominate others, so he sent Daud to dispose of her.

That or he's set to protect Emily because in both games and the DLC he kicks off the supernatural élément of the plot when Emily is in danger.

>Give Corvo the mark so he'll get his revenge and brings Emily back
>Tells Daud about Delilah who intended to body snatch Emily
>Give Emily the means to succeed in taking back her throne / Give Corvo the power to save Emily again.
>>
>>380350601
You're genuinely retarded.
>>
File: the_outsider_by_alteyad5msk17.jpg (139KB, 600x1061px) Image search: [Google]
the_outsider_by_alteyad5msk17.jpg
139KB, 600x1061px
>>380351282
Does he have a crush on Emily?

Wonder if he did the same for Granny Rags when she was younger.
>>
>>380350601
>her seeing someone she regards as a big brother,
wtf arent you literally her dad or uncle or some other close relative
>>
>>380350138

WUZ
>>
File: daddy.png (431KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
daddy.png
431KB, 640x359px
>>380351648
>aren't you literally her dad or uncle or some other close relative

Does /v/ even play games anymore?
>>
>>380350601
You seem to be projecting your frustration about being friendzoned by a girl onto the relationship between a grown man and his little girl charge, which is a little weird and pedophilic.
>>
>>380351668
ASSASSINS
>>
>>380351858
so wait im correct youre literally her dad

i never played dishonored because my PC is shit but i was positive that corvo and the empress are supposed to be banging, and corvo is around as much as a guy like him can be, so at the very least youre emily's loving stepdad if not literally the man whose cum made half her genes
>>
>>380351880
Or he is autistic
>>
>>380352179
You are her actual biological father.
>>
>>380352179
Yes anon
>>
File: wrzz0la6b1kcjgioni98.jpg (27KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
wrzz0la6b1kcjgioni98.jpg
27KB, 620x470px
>>380352179
They don't try to hide it and Emily just abandons all protocol and calls him father in 2. Concept art tries to show their similarities. At least the eyes.

>Don't have a good PC.
A toaster can run 1
>>
>1060 gtx
<game runs fine on ultra 60 during the first mission
>gets shitty drop to 45 and stuttering in mission 2 and 5

FUCK
>>
File: when she sees your penis.webm (248KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
when she sees your penis.webm
248KB, 500x280px
>ywn be The Outsider and give Emily your mark
>>
>>380352653
Never had noticeable drops except the time travel mission. Which I guess is because it is rendering 2 locations at the same time?

Then again I don't have it all ultra settings because I have a mid-tier machine.
>>
>>380351551
>Does he have a crush on Emily?

According my my fanfiction yes.
>>
On my second playthrough of D2. I'm at the Conservatory. I'm looking for a nice way to off Breanna. I was thinking maybe depower her, kicks her until she's in front of Delilah's statue then stabs her. What do you think?
>>
>>380352984
Time stop, shoot about 7 crossbolts at her, then watch her fly away like a giant in Skyrim hit her.

I did that with Delilah at the end.
>>
>>380352984
I just depowered her so she can bask in her own misery for a minute then I shot her in the head.
>>
>idtech
Will never not be mad
>>
>>380352965
link plz
>>
>>380352468
i watched an LP of it and honestly i could have sworn that it is at some point explicitly stated that you are the consort of the empress, and emily is explicitly your daughter and you both care for her as her literal caretaker and as a loving dad, and the only thing that is even slightly vague is whether there was an emperor at some point who sired her or if shes yours, but theres also not much reason to believe shes not yours either

>a toaster can
nigga my shit is from 2006 and wasnt even good then, i cant even play things like DXHR without weird issues and a framerate of like 12
>>
>>380350517
Doom went through the same thing.
>>
Anyone got a list of canon Dishonored 1 choices/playstyle?
Wanna do a lore playthrough at some point
>>
>>380351858
i love it when professional artists try to make kids drawings because they always miss the crucial thing of that kids cant draw for shit and it always ends up as stick men and weird squiggles that have to be pointed out or labeled
>>
>>380353978
Low Chaos, everyone who could be spared was spared with the possible exception of the Lord Regent. He's stated to be dead, but we don't know if Corvo assassinated him, or revealed his plot and later executed him after a trial. This applies to the DLC as well - low chaos and mercy all the way through.
>>
>>380353978
The only choices that are "canon" are daud lives and Billie Lurk lives.

You could also argue Corvo was low chaos because Emily turns out to be pretty level headed (even though she demonstrates somwhat of a blood lust) in dishonored 2.
>>
>>380353921
>consort of the Empress
You are a Lord Protector, which is a position in that world because other countries under the empire don't really like being part of an empire, so they try to assassinate the ruler every so often.

There is no emperor and never was, it is stated in the game the Empress never married.

NPCs talk about the relationship a lot, because it never really came out about Emily's parentage. But no one questioned it.

That is why Delilah feels Emily's luck is so unfair in 2. They are both bastards (Delilah is the half sister of the former empress...or so she says), so both she and Emily (in her mind) have equal blood rights to the throne.

>>380353921
What do you play games on? 1 I think is on 360 and PS3 too
>>
>>380354479
>with the possible exception of the Lord Regent
Spared. Lawfully executed by Corvo after a trial though.
>>
>>380327282
Are Dishonored fans upset

>Implying there's Dishonored fans
>Implying anyone gave a fuck before the game was released
>Implying anyone gave a fuck after the game released
>Implying anyone's going to give a fuck after a week
>>
File: doodle_contrast.png (320KB, 639x250px) Image search: [Google]
doodle_contrast.png
320KB, 639x250px
>>380354214
Some of her other drawings were more convincing. Love how they differed in the first game.
>>
>>380355046
I like Dishonored.
>>
>>380355046
Nah.
>>
>>380355101
that's some high art on the left
>>
>>380355046
dishonored is cool man wtf u on about
>>
>>380355046
>/v/ shitposter is btfo
>>
File: Emily_Corvo-maskC.jpg (57KB, 405x290px) Image search: [Google]
Emily_Corvo-maskC.jpg
57KB, 405x290px
>>380355046
>I don't give a fuck
>Must mean everyone else doesn't either.
>>380355308
Fucking creepy shit.
>>
File: Emilydrawing.png (771KB, 844x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Emilydrawing.png
771KB, 844x1008px
>>380355101
I fucking love the high chaos drawings.
>>
>>380355101
Low Chaos Emily is happier but High Chaos Emily draws better. I don't know how to feel about this.
>>
>>380355308
yeah google delilah paintings or just both games artworks
>>
>>380355046
I guess this thread is an anomaly
>>
>>380355461
>>380355463
Isn't her power of Shadow Walk from her drawings? I can't remember which.
>>
>>380336663
>newfag tries to mock people for making assumptions by making an even bigger, and wrong, assumption

WEW
>>
>>380355653
This thread pretty much exists because of the reactions towards the nigress
>>
>>380356029
People are actually discussing the games though
>>
Will Billy's gadget and time fuckery powers be as cool as void magic, because the abilities are my favorite part of the game and I don't really like the idea of playing as someone who's unmarked
>>
>>380356029
Because most of /v/ doesn't like that summerfags and /pol/ don't play games and shitpost, at least this thread became decent.
>>
>>380355101
>in the high chaos playthrough Emily becomes a famous painter instead of an empress
That's a major spoiler there, anon.
>>
>>380356349
Aren't there void enemies too?
>>
>>380355101
I like the idea that in a chaotic environment, this kid's drawings get more competent and heavily stylized

reminds me of the piano scene in Refer Madness
>>
File: 1489651134710.png (30KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1489651134710.png
30KB, 633x758px
>>380351551
>tfw you'll never be the crush of a hot deity
>>
>>380356349
She teleports in the trailer. I wouldn't worry
>>
>>380356349
She will probably be mostly the same but Less Fast, as games have tended to be less fast than their previous installments in recent years

they probably dont want people just madly blinking from one side of the map to the other and completing the game in like 7 seconds
>>
>>380356349
She has void magic, anon

>>380345127
>>380344148
>>
>>380356536
Sokolov was her tutor. Maybe it is a fan theory but I heard she did her mother's portrait in 2. Doesn't look like the Sokolov (aka concept art) portraits. Maybe it was in the Corroded Man novel, kinda speed read it cuz QUALITY writing.

>>380356574
Yeah she also has some pretty fucked up dialogue towards the end in a high chaos playthrough
>>
>>380356669
They've talked about that ability, basically Billy can place a marker somewhere and then at any time press the button again and instantly teleport there. Seems like it'll be really fun to play around with in combat
>>
>>380356784
You can do that in D2 too
>>
When does Dishonored 2 get good? I just for the the boat and boy am I bored
>>
I'm quite looking forward to it desu. It feels like a way of capping off the franchise as they probably won't get a third full game, and the previous DLC involving Daud and Billie was really good.

I know one of the writers for this has also written some fairly heavy academic interpretation of the Dishonored games and the Outsider, so I'm confident they'll take a good shot at making it a worthy finale.
>>
>>380353978
>>380354578
The book goes into detail over other choices that are canon. For example, the Lady Boyle is not actually a rape-slave for the rest of her life and manages to turn her fate around and become the master of the relationship, eventually killing the dude that kidnapped her and becoming some sort of powerful noble elsewhere. The other two Boyle sisters get a way worse fate in the events of the book.

There's more, but I don't remember it all. Generally speaking, the official canonity of Dishonored 1 is that Corvo did in fact kill a few people on his way during the missions but he went low chaos with every single actual target, which is a bit weird, but there you go. I imagine the same applies to Daud.
>>
>>380356784
>Bonecharm crafting
That changes everything as far as speed
If you make one with 4 parts and all the same stat you can literally Tribes Ascend and SHAZBOT that shit in speed and jumps.
>>
>>380327282
I'm upset about Billie and Daud being given even more damn focus when they're utterly boring as hell and their usefulness to the story was completely exhausted in the first game.
>>
>>380357332
>Hasn't even gotten to Karnaca
Play more.
>>
File: 18327dlz8aqv8jpg.jpg (186KB, 480x750px) Image search: [Google]
18327dlz8aqv8jpg.jpg
186KB, 480x750px
>>380357107
I don't know. Looks pretty close to this, and it was most definitely painted by Sokolov.
>>
>>380355046
/v/ has always had a fairly large quantity of Dishonored fans. It's just hard to tell because we get completely outnumbered and eclipsed when the games came out (4 HOURS SHORT LMAO) or when there's an announcement trailer (WHY ARE WE PLAYING THIS WOMAN? WHO THE FUCK IS EMILY LMAO FUCKING SJWS) (WHY ARE WE PLAYING THIS NIGGER WOMAN? WHO THE FUCK IS BILLY LMAO FUCKING SJWS)

After the general /v/ shitposters move on to shitpost about the other big game that gets the attention, we get back to comfy edition.
>>
File: nh5ypx23ol1y.jpg (496KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
nh5ypx23ol1y.jpg
496KB, 2560x1440px
>>380357672
They changed his style way too much between the first and second games.

But we can all agree that the Duke of Serkonos didn't paint it.
>>
>>380329563
Stop acting like faggot and just read it
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Dishonored
>>
>>380358014
Thanks.

Are they any good?
>>
>>380327282
Who would care about Dishonored after that heap of trash seque-oooooooooh! Console scrubs.
>>
>>380357449
>which is a bit weird, but there you go.

I'm guessing when he killed someone, it was because he was discovered and only had a few moments to silence them. A rapid fight-or-flight reaction where he didn't have much choice. For his actual targets he was able to plan things out and remove them non-lethally.
>>
>>380357951
Actually I only ever hear about this franchise during the shitposting events you're talking about now.
>>
>>380357969
His style is still the same, very realistics drawings. Delilah's painting are noticeably a lot more colorfuls with abstracts shapes as background.
>>
>>380337102
Source? I'll bet you won't post one
>>
>>380358334
Can you be any more obvious you didn't play 2?

FYI the crack was released recently.

>>380358547
Didn't he still kill/execute the spymaster?
>>
>>380327282
>or are people just upset about a negress on the cover of a game they weren't going to play anyway?
It's pretty obviously this. Just /pol/ agenda-pushing and circlejerking over nothing, like usual.

>>380329770
>no one wanted to play as her of all characters.
Before we saw the teaser? Sure, I think that's fair to say. Now I actually do since she's got some crazy prosthetic stuff going on to spice things up.
>>
>>380358547
Yeah, that's more or less the way I justify it too. He gets in a few messes and quickly fixes them as quickly as possible rather than using the quick load void power like I did
>>
>>380349260
And it would've stopped him from doing any good too.
>>
>>380358707
>Didn't he still kill/execute the spymaster?

Executed legally after revealing his plot and having him arrested, apparently.
>>
>>380357449
>Lady Boyle is not actually a rape-slave for the rest of her life and manages to turn her fate around and become the master of the relationship, eventually killing the dude that kidnapped her and becoming some sort of powerful noble elsewhere.
Which means that the Outsider straight up lied when he said that that would be Lady Boyle's last party, and that if she got to live long, it'd be with greying hair and her party dress in tatters.
>>
>Not being there for the Dishonored threads two summers ago

It was just whisky and cigars every night.
>>
>>380358707
Yeah, but that wasn't during the mission, that was after he got arrested in the events after the game.
>>
>>380328398
I believe, considering the Outsider is just a representative of the Void, that you will kill this Outsider, but either Billy or Daud are going to take his place as the new representative for the Void.

Take your pick.
>>
>>380358620
Sorry to hear that.
>>
So given the choice I guess most of you would go with Daud over Billy? I know I would, not because I'm racist but because I find his design ten times better. New Billy looks edgy as shit.
>>
File: death.jpg (8KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
8KB, 250x243px
>>380359084
I like Daud's voice actor better, so if there were ever a Dishonored 3, I'd prefer it i-who the fuck am I kidding.
>>
File: 1493594732852.png (192KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493594732852.png
192KB, 400x400px
>>380327282
I'm upset about them killing the outsider.

Not sure why Billie is a playable character and not Daud. And where did she get that retarded eye and knife thing?
>>
>>380359084
I on the other hand just straight up hope that when the Outsider dies, the Void just rises up and swallows the sky like the Heart of a Living Thing promised would happen in the first game.

HOW'S THAT FOR A HIGH CHAOS ENDING, ARKANE.
>>
>>380358873
Personally executes him? Interesting
>>380358886
It was 100% true for a different Boyle sister. She is literally insane, her sister fakes her death and locks her away in a forbidden wing of the mansion.
>>380358917
>Whiskey and cigars
Did you get your own squad after what happened last night?

In all seriousness glad to see Emily is a woman who enjoys a good whiskey.
>>
>>380358864
People get one chance if they screw up big time they don't get to have another. Leeches and psychopaths triumph in the forgiveness of the weak.
>>
>>380359493
Sometimes they do. Sometimes they use the opportunity to save an innocent child as moral redemption.
>>
>>380359493
>People get one chance if they screw up big time they don't get to have another

In the arab world yes. Across much of the civilised world you do get more chances.
>>
>>380359442
>Not sure why Billie is a playable character and not Daud.

Because Daud seeks forgiveness and then retires. It wouldn't make sense for him to be playable. His story is finished.
>>
>>380359442
He is old as fuck. Older than Corvo.
>>
>>380359769
That happened before Corvo decided that mind you.
>>380359884
Which is why the western civilization is falling apart.

And getting your hand cut for stealing is not the same as being professionally executed to save the world from your fuck ups.
>>
>>380359313
I'm kinda into the cyborg shit. I bet it makes a really satisfying clanky sound in-game.
>>
>>380360105
But Billie is just a broken down nigress in the second game. What kind of hamfisted plot are they pulling in the comic to make her an edgy time traveller? It's so fucking boring. If she end up killing the outsider i'm done with this garbage.
>>
File: 1436498467223.jpg (29KB, 300x339px) Image search: [Google]
1436498467223.jpg
29KB, 300x339px
Why doesn't Arkane respect my choices? I kill that Megan bitch at the end of every D2 play through.
>>
>>380359442
The knife is the sacrificial knife used to originally sacrifice the Outsider, she steals it as part of one of the missions in the game
>>
>>380360278
I'm talking about Daud. He decided without prompt to save her because he felt sorry for the Empire and sorry for himself.

>western civilization is falling apart because of forgiveness or time paid

Because Asia has less debauchery and "degeneracy" in its media? Because the Middle East has less crime in your eyes?
>>
>>380360385
>What kind of hamfisted plot are they pulling in the comic to make her an edgy time traveller?

I dunno, probably the same kind of hamfisted plot that turned a shamed wreck of a man on death's row into the protagonist of the first game
>>
>>380360217
He's only 3 years older
>>
>>380361495
Then why does he look so much older than Corvo does in this trailer? His hair is all white.

Meanwhile Corvo is even getting compliments from Delilah
>>
>>380329307
>Lifetime made for TV movie about a black transexual lesbian fighting the patriarchy
What?
>>
>we get to play as a literal who that most people assassinated at the end of Knives of Dunwall
eh

Which game was better anyway, Dishonored 1 or 2? Never played 2 because of all the performance issues.
>>
File: 1496274191564.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1496274191564.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>time traveling

Franchise is dead, move on.
>>
>>380361962
Gameplay and level design 2

Story 1, setting is up to your preference
>>
>>380361962
2 seems to have better levels from what I hear, but 1 has a better story and characters
>>
>>380327282
that is the ugliest creature ive ever seen on the cover of a game
>>
>>380329307
>fighting the patriarchy.
There isn't really in in this universe? The last few rulers were empresses.
>>380362504
Oh I see, an e3 presentation must have just ended so the lack of shitposting is over now.
>>380361962
Lore explanations in both games are equally interesting. New NPCs are decent, Hypatia is the best of the lot I guess. Story is meh, no decent twist like the first one.

Level design is superior in 2, but not by a wide margin
>>
>>380362981
dishonored 1 had a twist?
>>
>>380334906
Team neckbeard
>>
>>380363114
the loyalists who broke Corvo out of prison and assign Corvo on missions to have revenge on those who wronged you betray him. The admiral realizes Emily is only 10 and gets the stupid idea to kill Corvo and take over as Lord Regent since little girls can be scared and manipulated.

Poisons Corvo, boatman gives half the poison and Corvo get discovered down the river by Daud.

Which makes me wonder, was Corvo technically Lord Regent too until Emily came of age?
>>
>>380363708
>was Corvo technically Lord Regent too until Emily came of age?
No, that would require the writers of Dishonored 2 to have given any ounce of thought to how a monarchy works.

On a more serious note, it's never really stated as far as I can tell wether or not Lord Regent is an actual position in the imperial government or it was just Burrows pulling a fancy title out of his hat for the sake of appearances. The Low Chaos ending of 1 explicitly shows Emily holding court from the imperial throne, with Corvo just... standing there.
>>
>>380364384
>with Corvo just... standing there.

He may have acted as an unofficial advisor, and given how many people he removed - albeit non-lethally - to get there, no-one had the balls to question him.
>>
>>380364384
It also states how Corvo and Emily together chose to drain the Flooded District. It is really confusing.

In almost any monarchy that exists (in fiction and reality) if succession means that a literal child is supposed to step up to the throne, then the guardian who isn't blood related to the dynasty temporarily steps up or the next in line position (royal advisor, etc). And at some point Emily legitimized Corvo as her father, seeing as she calls him Father in public.

I don't think the position was made up, seeing as Havelock assumed the title after the spymaster's death.
>>
>>380327282
I am just upset about the fact that so many great games/franchises are being gradually infected by sjw cancer. But its ok, I dont care about graphics, I still have massive backlog of pure ps2 games and I dont even game that much anymire. It will probably last me for life.
>>
>>380365053
>gradually infected.
Why do you comment on games you know nothing about? What kind of person wastes their time doing this on threads where the same exact post has already been refuted?

Is it some mental disability? Is it autism?
>>
>>380365516
I think you answered your own question
>>
>>380327282
Haven't played the games but I saw a shitload of people that hate the actual character, calling her a traitor or something.

When I saw the trailer I had a VERY hard time figuring out if it was a manly woman or a feminine man, even after i heard its voice.
>>
>>380365516
>same exact post has already been refuted
See http://i.4cdn.org/v/1497382691747.jpg
>>
>>380365053
>sjw cancer

>Character is a white male, no problem
>Character is a black woman RREEEEEEEEEEE SJW CANCER REEEEEEEE

Fucking get over yourself. The social justice craze is obnoxious as hell but it's only intrusive if the whole game is designed to soap-box their message. Preachy walking simulators are SJW trash. A stealth/action game with a black woman as the lead character isn't.
>>
>>380366282
What am I looking for? All I see is the image
>>
Fuck Billie. She was cool in 1, now she's a washed up loser, and now shes a washed up loser + magical asspull mechanical arm + magical asspull evil eye.
Daud even made it clear he never wanted to see her again.
>>
>>380366357
Yeah I understand being upset if the game revolves around it. But Dishonored really doesn't emphasize
>gurl power
all that much. Powerful women are just...there as actual characters and not as a virtue signal.
>>
>>380361962
Powers are better in the second, so is level design and traversal options.

Everything else is better in the first. Level themes (brothel, masked ball, etc), characters, plot, music, everything but those two things really.
>>
Has it been confirmed you can't play as Daud?
>>
>>380366357
What do you think the audience is for this game? Black females??? NO. The target audience is a straight able bodied cis gendered fucking white male.
And how many games from this years e3 have non traditional protag???

Yeah sjws are fucking ob-noxious in a sense that being around them and even breathing same air can give you cancer.
>>
>>380368112
So? Do able bodied cis gendered fucking white males have a problem playing as a black woman? I don't. Why do you?
>>
>>380368112
>The target audience is a straight able bodied cis gendered fucking white male.

The vast majority of whom don't give a fuck who they play as so long as the game is good or the graphics are pretty. Your average customer doesn't look at the front cover of a box or an advertising poster and start shitting themselves because it's got a black woman on it.
>>
>>380368112
You are aware in Dishonored you hardly see the character you play?

>I can't play any characters unless they look exactly like me.
You're as bad as SJWs who say the same shit, and limit your gaming experience by doing so.
>>
>>380367459
Well as far as level themes go, 2 wins in one of them, and that's Jindosh's mansion when compared to Kadwin's Bridge
>>
>>380367938
>Playing as Daud didn't fit the teams vision, we felt that Billie would provide players with fresh, new experiences that a character like Daud could not provide.
>>
What's annoying is that people pretend they don't like to play as certain races or sexes over others.

White, straight, male, therefore I prefer playing as that, so many cucks afraid of being called racist or sexist that they have that ingrained hate they alway's talk about. If it's going to be female I would prefer white, asian or even indian for a bit of change. "Strong black women" aren't my thing. Meek black women with big anime titties though.
>>
>>380369181
>Writing team is all women btw
>>
>>380369047

Thinks gaming experienced is magically enhanced by race swapping.

This is escapism. People prefer there own race and gender.
>>
well, at least we had a solid 250 posts of good discussion
>>
>>380369716
So you find it impossible to play games like Metroid, or read books from a female or different race POV? What a sad boring life you have.

>>380369469
No it isn't.

>>380369369
I really want another e3 segment to continue so shitposters leave

>White
You already can play one in 2
>Asian/Indian
No Asian or Indian type races in this game. Ruskies and blacks and Spaniard types do.

Again, why waste time posting about a character you know nothing about that has been part of the franchise since it's inception?
>>
>>380370485
>Metroid
I can pretend she is a guy because she is wearing armor
>read books from a female or different race POV
all great classics are from a white male pov
>>
>>380370451
I hate diversity quotas as much as the next person, but shitposting used to be better than this. As in they actually read a Wiki article or two before posting.

>>380370845
>I can pretend she is a guy
Stop moving goalposts. This is first person, so how is it any different? Especially since she has long sleeves, gloves, and a fake hand as the only things you can see of her in first person

>all great classics are from a white male POV
I dare you to go to /lit/ with this sentiment on protagonists. Go on
>>
>>380369369
>What's annoying is that people pretend they don't like to play as certain races or sexes over others.
I honest to god don't give a shit.
>>
>>380371876
thats because youve been indoctrinated by liberal propaganda, whether you know it or not
>>
>>380371379
>how is it any different
her voice??

I have to heavily suspend my disbelief to believe she can beat most guys in a physical fight
>>
>>380370845
What a tiny little mind you have. I actually feel sorry for you.
>>
Thread made me want to play Dishonored again and get it off my backlog. Shame it will eventually be pushed off by shitpost threads.
>>
>>380372357
Most guys don't have a robotic PEP gun arm.

Also, when Corvo is training Emily in the tutorial of the second game, he talks about how because she is smaller to not use strength but cunning to her advantage when overpowering an opponent.

Jindosh remarks on how when she sword fights, it isn't fair salon fencing but back-alley techniques of brawling.

Any BJJ fighter will tell you that a smaller man can best him with the right move or hold. Of course if a woman or smaller man is facing someone in a head on competition of pure strength, the woman will lose every time. Women just don't convert energy to muscle mass enough.
>>
>>380372206
You're a retarded faggot, you know that?
>>
>>380373198
>cunning to her advantage
>implying women are smarter than men
>not simply that the men will be equally as smart AND stronger
>>
>>380373919
Well when your father who trained you is literally the best swordsman in the world and many of the NPCs grew up destitute without someone like Sokolov to teach them, she has an edge.

>ABCDEFG, HIJK elemento P. Now I know my As and Zs, tell me what you think of me
>I know all my letters and then some

Poor peasants are generally dumber than royalty, male or female.

Men produce more geniuses per capita. They also produce more retards per capita.
>>
>>380370485

I said prefer you dumb fuck. The same way China watches American movies white white people, loves it when you put Chinese people in those movies and won't touch it if it stars a black. Everyone prefers their own race with the exception of cucked white people.
>>
>>380327282
Billie's bionic eye and cyber arm is along with that blood red coat is a fucking badass design. Mostly I'm just glad we get to see Daud again. Dude looks...weatherbeaten but he's only a few years older than Corvo.
>>
>>380351282

Delilah is using the power of the Void to do what she wants and the Outsider didn't like it.
>>
>>380374512
Yes, the Chinese are bastions of good consumers. Transformers is a masterpiece.

Your theory falls apart with pretty much every other Asian culture, because they are shitty like post Cultural Revolution China.

Or any other culture period. I guess you don't live in reality.
>>
>>380375068
>aren't shitty
>>
>>380327282
>Are Dishonored fans upset
I'm upset the second game felt to underwhelming regardless of which power set and the PC version ran like molasses until they finally patched it.
>>
>>380327282
I'm upset she wasn't the protagonist of D2, but I didn't like Emily.
>>
>>380375068

Or how about the fact that every non-Western country in the world prefers their own race.

That's where the societal racism benefitting the majority (white privilege) comes from.

This is basic knowledge, your not even on the same page buddy.
>>
>>380375846
At least they patched it. Seems like publishers don't give a shit anymore.

Bethesda's insistence to use paid mods (b-but they aren't paid mods I swear! You pay for credits, then mods, TOTALLY DIFFERENT!) means this trend of releasing unfinished games and torturing their developers will continue.
>>
File: Carlton.jpg (36KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
Carlton.jpg
36KB, 300x375px
I can believe her having all that robot shit desu. Corvo's mask is meant to be a Void inspired masterpiece of engineering, whilst in Dishonored 2 its shown that magic can keep animate objects alive and even sentient to a certain degree.

No reason to believe that, with whole Faustian bargain thing Dishonored has, they haven't simply made deals with various witches or whatever to rearm themselves.
>>
>>380376563
>every non-Western country prefers their own race
We're talking media, not spouses. An opinion you disprove in >>380374512 with your statement that Chinese prefer white movies. Do you not even keep up with your own shitposts?

Star Wars Rogue One shows how just tossing a couple of chinks in does nothing to attract viewers.

Also, I worked for a Chink from 2013-2015. The highest trending shows at that time in China were the American House of Cards and Game of Thrones. No Chinese in those.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.