[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come ever since Somecallmejohnny did a review on SA2, people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: download (86).jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (86).jpg
14KB, 225x225px
How come ever since Somecallmejohnny did a review on SA2, people like JimmyWhetzel, ProJared, and other people started noticing that the game was not that good? I thought the game was awesome and it was one of the Gamecube's best selling games
>>
It was a sort of effect that caused the games to be revisited. Our standards were different then.
>>
Because people say things just to sound profound and authoritative. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game, they just want to "notice" something the viewer didn't so they'll be impressed.
>>
Because people will parrot e-celeb opinions just because they said them

>>380319146
The thing, is every fucking flaw people point out about Sa2 people also said back in the day, it's just the consensus was that the core gameplay was so fun it made up for it.

Also, nobody goes off and points out that SM64 and shit has the same issues
>>
The Sonic and Shadow levels were always good and still are.
The Eggoman and Tairusu levels were always mediocre.
The Knux and Rouge levels were always bad (but comfy af)
>>
File: Sa2 vs sm64 double standards.png (382KB, 802x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Sa2 vs sm64 double standards.png
382KB, 802x1414px
>>380319506
forgot file
>>
I thought the game was awesome. I knew the game was trash. Horrific camera movement, tedious-at-best stages outside of Sonic and Shadow's, ALL the space levels were frustrating. Chao Garden was easily the best part, and even that was so much of a grind that it needed exploits to make it decent, and yet it feels so empty without the rest of the game.

Played the shit out of it, enjoyed it enough to have 4 different versions of it. It's God-awful.
>>
Every classic game goes through this cycle. Look at Ocarina of Time. As soon as Egoraptor voiced his opinion on it, a huge group of people pulled a "wtf i hate OoT now."
It just so happened that they never felt like talking about it until after that video, but now they want to talk about it all the time.
>>
>>380319601
I like both games, but saying SM64 has "average controls" is just wrong, it's still impressive to this day.
I'll give you the camera.
>>
>>380319513
this
the only real flaw imo is no adventure fields
>>
>>380320756
If anything the Egoraptor OOT video just made it evident that he sucks at 3D games, nothing more.
>>
>>380320824
I think both game's controls are fun but flawed.

Both are capable of super fun, highly tecnical movement, but Sa2's movement is overly senstive and prone to jittery shit, wheras SM64's movement can be overly sluggish, just try turning mario on the dime
>>
>>380321535
SA2's controls are 100 more flaweds
>>
File: 1341312688591.png (34KB, 256x257px) Image search: [Google]
1341312688591.png
34KB, 256x257px
I'm really hoping this "Adventure 2 was bad" meme will die soon. I literally played this last year thinking it aged like shit, but it was just as fun as it was back in 2001. Say what you will, but the core gameplay is just balls-to-the-wall fun as fuck. Pretty much every complaint I have about the game is compensated for by the kick ass music, extremely unique level design, and fast-paced gameplay. Even the treasure-hunting stages were far more enjoyable than I remembered and have an amazing sense of atmosphere.

The stages are definitely hit and miss though... and Shadow's stages just feel like mediocre version of Sonic's.

Mad Space is a welcome challenge and is vastly over-hated.
>>
>>380321535
The me its the other way around SM64 is overly sensitive (and this isn't a bad thing, you still have control over the character), and all the different kind of jumps and lenghts and heights you can do is what makes it a technical marvel.
Maybe you think it's sluggish and hard to control, but people who have mastered the game can do really impressive stuff, as if controlling Mario at will.
Sonic on the other hand is more "on-rails", not just the running, but also the direction when jumping due to the homing attack.
It's still functional, but way less meticulous.
>>
People can have their opinion but I get annoyed when they say that a game is "overrated" when if you look for two seconds you can find just as many people shitting on it.
>>
>>380318737
johnny likes them though.
>>
It's like Dark Souls 2. People change their opinions to fit in with their E-celeb idols.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaa.png (709KB, 854x469px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaa.png
709KB, 854x469px
>>380318737
>Talk about SA2 with people
>Say I still enjoy
>They list off flaws of it
>I say I still enjoy it
>They insist no one is able to enjoy it because it's flawed
>>
>>380323113
How is it on rails
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.