[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>derivative as fuck >oh, another TPS mixed with survival

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 10

>derivative as fuck
>oh, another TPS mixed with survival and stealth mechanics
>cheesy dialogue
>souless presentation
>uncharted + TLOU

>even faster zombies
at least that's new, bravo Sony
>>
I was actually somewhat looking forward to this until they showed gameplay. Why is every game a poor mans metal gear and far cry? Shit is getting really fucking old. Part of the reason why I got bored of Horizon.
>>
>>380313213
Yeah this one is #fortheconsumers
>>
>>380313213
yeah I think the same thing everytime I see this game

I thought TLOU was a good change of pace from the Uncharted series because while they are both story driven TPS games at least the gameplay in TLOU was different enough to be refreshing

but this just seems literally like it could be dlc for TLOU which is disappointing to say the least
>>
>>380313213
>souless presentation
This i disagree with the most.
If anything this game has the characters and narrative to make this a game that is worthwhile.
You don't see singleplayer games like this often.
>>
>>380315263
what character(s)
what narrative?
>>
>>380315263
can't wait for the youtube port :)
>>
>>380313213
When can I but the $200 optional DLC to hang people from my ceiling to spasm when a zombie gets close?
>>
>>380315548
Narrative as in the way the game's plot and story is presented.
The voice acting is top notch, the presentation is great and honestly i like the idea of being a bounty hunter in an open world with zombies in huge hordes.
>>
>>380316329
there is no narrative in what we seen. it has been "get by the zombies, and don't get killed"

but I think you are false-flagging
>>
>>380317059
Nigger see the first trailer. Fuck off.
>>
File: Days_Gone_E3.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Days_Gone_E3.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>380313213
And then they downgraded it. The demo looked like ass compared to the last one.
>>
>>380318453
Downgraded how?
>>
I have no problems with the game, not everything can be unique, but holy fuck how is this game not coming out this year? It was far enough along to have a stage demo last year, and one this year. How the fuck is this a 2018 game?
>>
>>380318423
"run from the zombies!!!"
You're pretending to be a shill.
>>
>>380318453
What's wrong with his hand?
>>
File: checkmate.jpg (35KB, 461x600px) Image search: [Google]
checkmate.jpg
35KB, 461x600px
>>380318981
>>
>>380318748
They don't say that in the first trailer. Stfu.
You can clearly see from the little we have seen what type of personality our main character has.
The bounty hunter lifestyle + the lonewolf thing is very explicitly represented even though we have barely seen anything.
>>
File: mostPowerfulGamer.jpg (19KB, 266x242px) Image search: [Google]
mostPowerfulGamer.jpg
19KB, 266x242px
>>380319613
>he is a grough loner with a knack for survival
woah
>>
>>380319902
You are pretending to be fucking retarded at this point.
My entire point was that they at least have the atmosphere nailed to the point where the game could easily be worth while from that aspect.
>>
File: Days_Gone.jpg (286KB, 1265x1435px)
Days_Gone.jpg
286KB, 1265x1435px
>>380318613
Textures are worse and his character model looks less detailed.
>>
are the people who complain about uniqueness the most plebian type of complainers out there?

>another tps mixed with survival and stealth mechanics
i actually like these, but all i've seen recently with these traits are TLOU and horizon. list some more OP. surely there must be dozens for the ps4
>>
>>380320161
if you want more of the same, I'm sure. I won't argue that it seems to effectively recreate everything that is trendy and expected in cinematic zombie stories - but to be excited about that is to be excited about new flavors of mountain dew or anticipating the announcement of the next f2p moba derivative.
>>
>>380320478
the power of PS Pro
>>
>>380313213
The sombies seem to very controllable, so i'm thinking it might be possible to always have a horde of zombies with you as some sort of non-magic necromancer
>>
>>380320485
Metal Gear Solid V
Uncharted
The Evil Within
Shadow of Mordor
Zelda

these are huge fucking trends in games dude.
>>
>>380320814
that would be cool and unique if they played with manipulating zombie packs a lot.
>>
>>380313213
>WHERE IS MUH GIMMICK SONY??????!!!!
Quality > Gimmicky shit
>>
>>380320478
Okay so you are pretending to be fucking retarded.
You have compressed the new footage down a ton from its original 4k feed to some retarded resolution.

It is even a 286 kb jpg. ffs dude. Stop yourself.
>>
>>380320478
looks exactly the same, retard.
just excessive amounts of depth of field overuse by shitty devs
>>
>>380321000
on a scale of gimmick:pre-packaged you may have a point. real life's a little more nuanced tho
>>
>>380313213
this game was absolutely volatile, worst tropes in gaming getting shown off one after another....
who approved this dog shit and who the fuck is making it
>>
>>380320845
Not really sure you're aware what a TPS is and even the examples you gave are wildly different. TPS is a genre over the shoulder or third person is a perspective.
>>
>>380318748
You aren't even trying to hide the fact that you are a shill.
>>
>>380321432
Not sure you have the brain capability to really parse the argument you are trying to make, so I won't progress this argument any further. Maybe you'll catch up, or maybe not.
>>
>>380320478
It's exactly the same you fucking mong
>>
>>380320845
None of those games are like days gone
>>
>>380321727
waiting on you :)
>>
>>380321579
You literally said there's a ton of boring generic TPS games on the market and your fucking examples included Zelda..
>>
File: 72Xntredashtin.gif (731KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
72Xntredashtin.gif
731KB, 320x240px
>>380313213
>uncharted + TLOU
I'm sold
>>
>>380313213
What other open world zombie game is there on console? And this looks leaps and bounds better than the one at the Microsoft conference.
>>
>>380321579
>>380321815
You say there's a ton of them and Uncharted is somehow one of your examples and also fucking zelda?
Yea, so many damn games, pretty much identical to days gone my man
>>
>>380321948
What I literally did was list a series of games that have survival and stealth mechanics like this game does. Literally that is what I did. Three of them are shooters, two of them are stealth games with minor survival aspects that have mechanics lifted from top trends of action games. Use your noggin dude
>>
>>380322146
Dying Light is there for open-world. The Last of Us encompasses this game's main action in its moment-to-moment gameplay.
>>
>>380322253
Because breaking a few games to the most basic of features, like perspective is a great way to make an argument
>>
>>380322471
>how is this game similar to other games with stealth and survival mechanics
well it's different I guess if you consider its gritty realism art style that is sourced from The Last of Us and the Walking Dead, but it is mechanically more-or-less a culmination of those trends and those games.
>>
>>380322460
Dying Light is first person and entirely different in tone. Days Gone seems like it's borrowing from others, but the sum of all the parts is still something that's unique and not on the market yet.
>>
>>380322253
So why say TPS then? Wew lad Zelda has stealth elements in it it's exactly like Metal Gear Solid.

Both are video games too. I know it's embarassing to fuck up but going right to insults just makes you look worse.
>>
>>380322856
Kind of hardly a unique spot, but it is technically not on the market.
>>
>>380313814
>poor man's metal gear and far cry
>when metal gear is a poor man's far cry

Fuck off, Kojidrones. Days Gone looks to be as bad as MGSV.
>>
>>380313213
could be good if they try to copy witcher 3. But this looks like shit right now desu
>>
>>380322930
Is the crux of your argument here that the games I listed don''t all have guns? Cause that certainly doesn't get rid of the other shared mechanics this game has with those, and it being another shooter is not really something that wins it any points in uniqueness lol
>>
This is obviously Bend's last game before being shut down.
>>
File: whoami.jpg (61KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
whoami.jpg
61KB, 482x427px
>>380323124
>witcher 3
it would inevitably be mentioned I guess
>>
>>380313213
>uncharted + TLOU
I don't get it, is that supposed to be bad?
>>
>>380318981
He's got a bit of a Bend in it.
>>
Anybody else want to punch this game's protagonist in the face? I can't even say why
>>
>>380323886
PCbro think TLOU is and Uncharted are while they praise Memeground Unknow and Memetale.
>>
Why is it always zombies? If it was at least general urban fantasy shit they could have more interesting varieties of monsters.
>>
>>380320670
>if you want more of the same
name 1 open world singleplayer game that has what we just talked about.
>>
>>380324970
You are of the belief that a reorganized room is the same thing as a new room, or the same room with new furniture. There is a big difference when you get a new room with completely new furniture, as opposed to a familiar room with the same furniture, but maybe a table's been added or just the couch is in another spot.

This is, inarguably, a very familiar experience that may satisfy some but still is very familiar.
>>
>>380325625
>This is, inarguably, a very familiar experience that may satisfy some but still is very familiar.

Familiar to what? I just asked you to name a game but you couldn't because you know you can't name one single fucking game.
These analogies you are coming up with don't fit because games aren't all made out of the same parts. They are made out of parts that are completely different from one another.
>>
>>380326342
Ah, I see you are an idiot or I am being trolled. Still waiting on you to catch up.
>>
File: 1496118862181.png (106KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496118862181.png
106KB, 512x512px
I guess it has it's market and it will sell.
My Dad loves Uncharted, Tomb Raider, FarCry 1/2 and is pretty hyped for Days Gone.
Also the "it's Unkarted + TLoU" argument is not a bad thing.
>>
>>380325625
I can tell you really wanted to make a food analogy but didn't ant to look like a retard. Also, quit using shitty analogies.
>>
>>380326842
>Uncharted + TLoU
Yes it is, atleast when its over done like it is. I guarantee Sony forces their studios to make that kind of game now due to that success
>>
>>380327090
>implying you wouldn't do that if you were Sony.
It's free money m8.
>>
>>380327021
you not understanding isn't something to be proud about
>>
>>380326613
No fuck off you are the one who critiqued it for being the same as something but you can't name anything else to compare it to.

Honestly the only thing i can compare it to is red dead but in a modern day zombie apocalypse.
>>
>>380327389
How about you quit comparing video games to stuff and actually talk about video games.
>>
>>380327410
sounds like you can't tell games apart if not for their box art and pictures of games. what's mechanical similarity matter!
>>
>>380327586
you entered a thread specifically about comparing it dude. again, i don't think you're posting with your brain turned on.
>>
>>380327803
Funny i was going to say the same thing to you.
>>
>>380328226
but that wouldn't make sense?
>>
>>380316329
>>380315263
>>380319613
>this posting style
What you underage, retarded, or both? Fuck off.
>>
>>380328413
You are the one saying it looks the same as all other games.
>>380329950
>No argument
k
>>
>>380323886
Its uncharted +tlu without any of the charm, or character of either.
Just the gameplay, which is the worst part of both.
>>
>>380330053
with actual reasons for support, mechanical similarities. the most you have presented is presentation differences, which when it comes to games, mean nothing.
>>
>>380315263
>you dont see singleplayer games like this often
the last of us
uncharted
uncharted 2
uncharted 3
uncharted 4
uncharted: lost legacy
god of war 4
>>
>>380320478
That is one ugly, blocky looking Beretta.

Metal Gear Solid 2 had a nicer looking Beretta 15-16 years ago.
>>
>>380330582
>Not one of them are open world
k
>>380330290
>which when it comes to games, mean nothing.
>All 2d sidescrollers are copies of mario games
k
>>
Is it just Far Cry or Horizon + zombies?

I'm bored of raiding&clearing enemy camps
>>
>>380313213
I'm excited for it. It could end up being a good game. We'll have to wait and see.
>>
>>380330958
if the difference between Mario and other side-scrollers is the way that the sprites are styled, then yes it is a Mario clone. Come on, dude. Post smart already.
>>
>>380331353
You are reducing game mechanics down to the overall actions performed.
You are neglecting the fact that each mechanic is implemented differently from game to game (look at spiderman games compared to spiderman 2) and also they tie into the other mechanics present in that particular game differently from the same mechanic in another game.

You can't dispute this so just stop posting.
>>
>>380313213
this is probably the most uninspired game at E3. It so safe and boring.
>>
>>380331978
the mechanics are what the actions perform, and the mechanics are not implemented very differently. stealth is the same as mordor, or MGS, or TLOU, shooting is not worth mentioning at all, the differences you are noticing do not impact the way the mechanics operate, only the situations that they are performed in differentiate this mundane hodge-podge of a game. You are really just defending this thing for no reason.
>>
>>380323232
Well if the what you are complaining about literally has the word shooter in it and you list games without shooting then you just sound retarded
>>
>>380333204
I never said "tps" or shooter.
>>
File: worshipshit.webm (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
worshipshit.webm
2MB, 1366x768px
>>380313213
Casual love it apparently.
>>
>>380333094
>stealth is the same as mordor, or MGS, or TLOU
You really can't tell the difference between a planet and a kernel of sand.
>>
>>380333589
That's disingenuous. You are acting like there is no similarity to the formula of hiding in bushes, tossing shit with an arc-reticle, grabbing people from behind, crouching behind cover, keeping noise down... they are mechanically the same. Other mechanics play into MGS' stealth more than TLOU, I will say that, but the stealth is mechanically the same.

Even if you don't agree completely with that, you can't honestly say that you do not see the spirit of this point I am making.
>>
>>380321151
>4k feed
you mean 2160p feed?
>>
It looks pretty good to me. But then again I'm 29 and don't bother with the contrarian culture of /v/ or autistic repulsion to anything cinematic or story oriented
>>
>>380313213
literally thought it was a TLoU spin-off until the title was revealed, even though the zambos were different
>>
>>380334351
you seem above it all dude
>>
>>380334482
I'm fairly above it all
>>
>>380333530
I hope he got paid for that, or else that poor person has unimaginably shit taste.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (27KB, 645x665px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
27KB, 645x665px
>>380313213
EVERYTHINGS SO BLURRRRYYYY AND EVERYTHINGS SO FAAAAAAAAAKE

EVERYONE'S SO EEEEMPTTYYY AND
EVERYTHING IS SO MESSED UP

PRECCOPIES WITHOUT YOUUU
I CANNOT LIVE AT ALLL

MY WHOLE WORLD SURROUNDS YOU
I STUMBLE AND I CRAWL
>>
>>380334046
>You are acting like there is no similarity
Never said that. I just said that there are clear differences with how it is implemented from game to game.

Take for example the bike in Days Gone. You can put NOS in it. These are clear differences you are ignoring. And these games all have a ton of these small things. But you wouldn't know because you don't play them do you?

>but the stealth is mechanically the same.
I just don't agree. The movement mechanics and the crouch/prone mechanics are completely different and feel different to use.

>Even if you don't agree completely with that, you can't honestly say that you do not see the spirit of this point I am making.
I don't see the point in saying that it is samey or generic because other games has done something you deem similar.
I see that you don't find it interesting and that is fine.
But i don't think your explicit reasoning is something i could agree with.
>>
>>380335667
I have played to completion (and loved) all the games I've mentioned in this thread, but fundamentally there should be an interesting basis for the actions that these mechanics help you to perform, and none of what we have seen has been anything we haven't seen done before, and I don't think being able to ride a bike (horse/car/D-Walker) and stealth behind a pile of corpses (box/middle-east wall/tall-grass) and craft a C4 charge (craft/craft/craft) is going to be interesting in this purely superficial re-setting of these familiar mechanics.

>are completely different and feel different to use.
I believe you believe this, but it simply seems wrong to me. They are so similar that any difference is so minute and only comes down to how they "feel"- which is important - but in comparisons outside of the quality, not similarity, don't matter to talk about.

My argument is mostly that this is a reorganizing of very familiar things, very popular mechanics and presentation styles, that it is very uncreative and uninteresting, to me. I'm not saying I don't understand why it appeals, or why they made it or that it doesn't make sense in some way, but it feels solidified that this is nothing but an amalgam of popular video game trends for people who do this >>380333530
kind of thing to games
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.