[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/ status/87446019931404697

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 43

File: file.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x720px
https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/874460199314046976

So now that physics based swinging that attaches to buildings is confirmed, how hyped are you?
>>
>>380307743
spideys animation is really nice. he looks fluid and fun to control.
hyped but still not more than my dbz hype
>>
>>380307743
I want to know if the air combat allows combo freedom and creativity. Some cool shit seemed possible but i can't tell if it's automatic shit and how many air moves there are.
>>
Just because it shows him shooting his web off to the side instead of straight up doesn't necessarily mean that they're sticking to buildings. I'm sure he's still moonswining, just at an angle.
>>
>>380307743
if it is then they did a poor job cause it does not looks like that to me
>>
File: PC-PS4-Master-Race.jpg (261KB, 1487x926px) Image search: [Google]
PC-PS4-Master-Race.jpg
261KB, 1487x926px
>>380307743
The damage is done, I won't buy it, it is garbage. Remember me? I was claiming that PC + PS4 is the true master race combo, but this E3 proved me wrong. I feel really bad, I feel like I wasted a lot of money on my PS4 Pro. What a disaster. They said nothing about Death Stranding and Deep Down. Bloodborne 2 didn't get announced, Studio Japan was working on a fucking Shadow of the Colossus remaster/remake that people already played on PS2 and PS3, so they couldn't have been working on Bloodborne 2 which means that Bloodborne 2 is not happening. Days Gone turned out to be an interactive movie dogshit with horrible enemy AI. Spider-Man turned out to be an interactive movie dogshit infested with quick time events and no real physics/momentum based webslinging. God of War looked decent, but isn't coming until 2018. This E3 was an absolute disaster for Sony and PS4! Metro Exodus, Code Vein and Monster Hunter World will all be available on the PC. What is the point of owning a PS4 then? Here is the updated list of good games:

PC exclusives:
- Quake Champions
- Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
- Mordhau
- Star Citizen
- Camelot Unchained
- Ashes of Creation
- Wild West Online
- Project Wight
- La-Mulana 2
- Ghost Song

Multi-platform games definitive version on the PC:
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Armored Core 6
- Ace Combat 7
- Code Vein
- Monster Hunter World
- Metro Exodus
- LawBreakers
- GreedFall
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- Blasphemous

PS4 exclusives:
- Death Stranding (when?)
- Deep Down (when?)
- God of War

Multi-platform games not on PC, but on the PS4:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (better on Xbox One X, might come to PC)
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake (better on Xbox One X, might come to PC)

What should I do? Is there any hope for Sony? Will From Software save PlayStation with a Sony exclusive again?
>>
File: 1494785708417.jpg (72KB, 752x816px) Image search: [Google]
1494785708417.jpg
72KB, 752x816px
Sony...? Your still....
Huh um well... this is hard to explain but.... Nintendo won so.... give up... pack it in, it's over. Bye.
>>
>>380309390
read the fucking tweet
>>
>physics based swinging

are you retarded or do you not think when you read things? spidey will attach webs to his left and swing to the right.

the webs attach to buidlings, but i don't know what """physics""" they are using, because they aren't fucking earth's

saying your game has "physics" means nothing when the physics are unnatural
>>
>>380307743
REMEMBER TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION BEFORE STARTING A THREAD
CURRENT SPIDEY THREAD IS HERE >>/380297125/
>>
>>380307743
Spiderman was never about the fighting so it sucks the conference focused on that, still looking forward to the freeroam
>>
>>380310152
it means momentum based swinging you fucking sperg
>>
File: staywoke.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
staywoke.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
Surely you fags haven't sunk so low that just having your webs attached to shit automatically redeems the swinging mechanic?

No, we need to actually play the game first. Which I won't. Because it looks like garbage. Garbage from King Garbage of the Garbage dynasty.
>>
not super into the QTE shit or stealth segments

Mr Negative and Spider-Man 2 swinging look great though
>>
>>380307743
What a retarded way to phrase it... "Physics based". The webs attach to actual objects (it's even visible in the demo and anyone who said this game has moonswinging needs to see an ophthalmologist), but it's slow, sluggish, and bends the laws of physics too much. It's like Spidey has a propeller in his ass that just barely allows him to move any way he wants, regardless of his momentum.
The problem also seems to be that he almost always shoots the web he swings from almost vertically up, thus being unable to build any serious momentum. This might have been a constraint of the mission or the demo, though.

All they had to do was mix SM2's physics and momentum with ASM's feel of speed and camera. ASM, despite its moonswinging, really makes you feel the speed at which Spidey is freefalling or swinging.

SM2 is still king, but unless Insomniac shows some more gameplay showing that you can swing faster than what was shown in the demo without zipping all over the place like in ASM's Web Rush mode, I'm gonna pass. Combat and stealth are just ripped from Batman, even down to the "slow-mo takedown on the last guy in the area". The QTEs and Uncharted sequences are just there to distract people form the fact that it's just a high budget Batman clone.
>>
>>380310078
>Nintendo won
>No microsoft
>No Ubi
Nintendo was shit.
>>
File: 1457516548829.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1457516548829.png
296KB, 649x649px
>maybe you could superhero a little faster?

why are Americans so fucking gay
>>
>>380310291
every fucking spider-man since spider-man 2 has had momentum based swinging. Total shit like Amazing Spider-Man 2 had momentum based swinging.

the thing that everyone wants is realistic physics based on where the web is attached that affects your swing arc. it doesn't look like it affects your swing arc in the new one, because while the web attaches to buildings it looks like you can swing anywhere.
>>
Zero.

The gameplay is garbage
The combat is fucking garbage
QTE shit

Single biggest dissapointment of e3
>>
>>380310709
Fucking Kirby bringing combining abilities back was enough to beat Sony and Microsoft. And that was just the start.
>>
>>380310652
>ASM, despite its moonswinging, really makes you feel the speed at which Spidey is freefalling or swinging.
Play ASM2. It doesn't have moonswinging. It's a shameless arkham clone, but it looks like the new game will be too, except ASM2 seems to have less QTEs.
>>
>>380310078
Other game companies don't exist when it comes to a Nintenbro, doesn't matter how many games come out for other systems, how good they may be, or whether or not they lose one of their long running exclusive franchises like Monster Hunter, if it has Nintendo on it, retards will always flock to it regardless of quality, it's the most hilariously pathetic case of brand loyalty
>>
>>380310301
>we need to play the game first
>but I won't so I'll judge it without playing
You can't be this retarded can you?
>>
>>380311204
I did, and it's strange, every time I played or watched it the momentum felt absolutely shit, as if you were swinging through jello instead of air, but this video makes it look better than Insomniac's:

https://youtu.be/W8vvjOW1Nfc?t=2m21s

I don't even know what to think anymore.
>>
>>380311204
>Play ASM2. It doesn't have moonswinging
yes it does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8kzB8EFBi8
>>
>>380310993
> the game play I haven't played is garbage
>1 small qte section wow the entire game is trash
You guys are trying too hard, make it less obvious
>>
>>380307743
Is it even open world?
>>
>>380312328
Yeah, no idea why none of that was shown
>>
File: file.png (54KB, 639x224px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
54KB, 639x224px
>>380312328
yes
>>
>>380312470
where was it confirmed?
also maybe we'll see in the extended demo? traversing to get to the
>start of the demo
>>
>>380312470
Sony loves showing cinematic shit instead of gameplay.
>>
>>380307743
Cautiously optimistic, not a fan of the Arkham looking combat.
>>
>>380310652
Physics based is just that, based on physics. This doesn't mean they don't bend shit to their will to suit the game.
A spiderman game that's actually sticking to the laws of physics just wouldn't exist lol
>>
>>380312783
>no counters
>Arkham combat
No anon it's Bayo lite if anything. The stealth shit looks like Arkham though.
>>
>>380312683
http://www.gamezone.com/news/e3-2017-spider-man-developer-talks-story-and-open-world-peter-parker-is-the-playable-character-3454567
>as soon as you load up the game you can go everywhere
>>
>>380312261
>Small qte section

Fucking kek. Like 60 qte over a single 10 minute mission. You think the entire game won't be the exact same shit? And the combat looked fucking shit too. Casualised Arkham bullshit. You're a massive fucking faggot dude.
>>
File: 1325830715752.jpg (71KB, 688x688px) Image search: [Google]
1325830715752.jpg
71KB, 688x688px
>>380310078
>Metro Prime 4 done by literally who devs
>Zelda DLC
>2 video games they already shown last E3.
>"N-Nintendo won I swear!"
>>
File: spiderman2_xboxbox.jpg (47KB, 348x500px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman2_xboxbox.jpg
47KB, 348x500px
>>380307743
>So now that physics based swinging that attaches to buildings is confirmed, how hyped are you?
too bad the demo looked bad with slow ass swinging
seriously how do you go from this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb8ZhKgieTw
>>
>>380313087
>>380312598
>>380312470
Perfect cause I would have been pissed if it wasn't literally one of the biggest reasons I'm buying and definitely pre-ordering this
yes.
>>
>>380313675
TO THIS!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4zm30yeHHE&t=340s
>>
>>380312760
So everything prior to the QTE's were just cinematics? That's the worst dude
>>
>>380312207
That only happens near trees. You can't do that at the top of a very tall building for example. If you actually looked up with the camera as you do this, you'd see that the web is attached to an anchor point high in the air above the trees for some reason

I don't know why they left that in, I don't think it was intentional.
>>
>>380313432
Do you honestly think the while game will be like the demo shown?
>>
>>380313432
Lmao you're one of those funny fucking mongoloids who just pretends they're retarded I see, thanks for the laughs you squirmy little pussy, here's your (You), now kindly exit this existence
>>
>>380310772
Have you read any news about the US recently? The whole place has gone to complete shit.
>>
>>380307743
>a ps2/gamecube game can do it but it's to much for modern hardware.
>>
>>380314012
That's obviously early on in the game where he hasn't unlocked all of the speed enhancements.
>>
>>380315684
Yes. Every mission will be as garbage as the one we saw yes.
>>
>>380316016
More like one guy coded it, left the studio, and no one has been able to duplicate it since. Even he couldn't get it completely right again since his own game based on the swinging flopped.
>>
The "physics" looked fucking dreadful. No momentum at all to it.
>>
>>380307743
>hype
>for capeshit
>>
>>380316697
>Spider-Man
>cape
>>
>>380315397
ASM2 doesn't have anchor points on buildings. If there is a building at all above you, you can swing on your web, but the web itself doesn't always connect to a building. It will just attach to nothingness outside of the frame of your camera.
>>
>>380307743
Now that Spooderham is confirmed, when are you going to kill yourself
>>
>>380307743
Max desu! Shame I don't have a ps4 tho.
>>
>>380315684
Why the fuck wouldn't they show the best of what their game has to offer instead of a shitload of quick time events? Why would they show us the most QTE heavy part of the game instead of a more typical scenario?

You're fucking stupid, the whole game will play like that, I'd put any money on it.
>>
>>380316881
>not understanding that cape is used in the same way that mankind is
>>
>>380307743

It's a timed exclusive. Check the end of the trailer, its coming out for Xbox and PC 6 months after.

Cant wait to play it in NATIVE 4k resolution.
>>
>>380307743
>We have physics that determine how fast you swing!
Yeah okay, it's not actual physics swinging it's swinging with a few physics mechanics tacked into it.
>>
>>380316893
That's just not true lol. I've looked at it closely, buildings only have 1 anchor point and its always at the very center of the highest point of the building, the web doesn't wrap around the buildings like it does in SM2 so the web always kind of clips through the building, but it is still actually attached to the building in a very simple way.
>>
Equally unhyped, because I don't give a flying fuck about autistic web-swinging, I want a good game and between BamHam combat and QTE galore it doesn't look like one.
>>
QuickTime Events: The Game
>>
>>380317946
Tldr. It's like how Todd said you can climb the mountain. You can but it's lame.
>>
>>380317253
Sony doesn't do gameplay demos in their conferences anymore you retard. They showed what they showed because it was a cinematic show piece that has no potential to be fucked up by a live demo. This is true for every game they showed.
>>
>>380317253
That's fine. Isn't that how most Spider-Man game played anyway?

>swinging around cities
>mostly open world
>get a mission
>missions are linear and usually involve fighting a bunch of dudes and then some QTE at the end
>side missions, probably testing character control and combat knowledge
>collectibles in obscure spot

Seriously, how else do you make a Spider-Man game?
>>
>>380317253
The people who western conferences appeal to enjoy QTE shit like this, your /v/ opinion is a minority
>>
>>380318084
>BamHam combat
See >>380313039
The QTEs are genuinely annoying though. I hope they tone that shit down on release.
>>
>>380318084
combat in spiderman was never why anyone played it, they can have any system they want as long as exploration is fine
>>
>>380310991
or you know, becuase it was a planned out demo where everything was smooth rather than having a bunch of janky swining arcs. The physics showed when he did the zips more.
>>
Whens this movie in a theater? BTW you must be really silly to think the game will look even close to what youve seen in the (((gameplay))) trailer/demo.
>>
>>380318710
No reason to just do whatever with the combat. Spidey is a great franchise for technical combat since he's a bit crazy as a character and his fighting style.
>>
>>380317253
Maybe because it's not done yet?
>>
>Miles Morales
Dropped on that alone.
>>
>>380317946
You're objectively wrong. This is already verified fact about how ASM2 works.
>>
>>380309390
Give it a fucking rest already
>>
>>380319442
More like all the reason to do BamHam combat since his spidey-sense would warn him of danger and make a counter style approach to combat be the default one.
>>
>>380318461
What spiderman game other than Spiderman 2 played like this? Because none of them in the last few generations barely had any of what you listed, is the exact reason why they suck.
>>
>>380319917
The movie games and that cell-shaded one. In fact, I think Web of Shadows was the only one to have some sort of level structure.
>>
>>380319717
He's just a cameo dude. But yea fuck Bendis for that travesty of a character. The only people who who like Miles are virtue signaling faggots who don't even read the comics. Miguel O'hara is a way better minority Spider-Man.
>>
>>380320124
web of shadows was open world if I remember right. Shattered dimensions was played in levels
>>
>>380319784
I might just download it and make webms of how it works just in case this subject comes up again. Don't have time to do it now, but I'm telling you now, with the exception of the issue with swinging near trees, you're wrong.
>>
>>380307743
>Uncharted: Spiderman Edition

No thnx, also no Peter no buy
>>
>there is no one way to swing; players will be able to swing in different ways
Hype
>>
>>380320394
Yeah, thats the one. The one with 4 spideys.
>>
>>380320607
>no Peter no buy
It is Peter. Stop shitposting.
>>
File: 1424356456.jpg (108KB, 477x641px) Image search: [Google]
1424356456.jpg
108KB, 477x641px
QTE's aside, the gameplay looked so fucking prebaked and scripted. It just came off as so undynamic.

It's supposed to be a sandbox but the demo made it seem like a walled garden.
>>
>>380319717
>>380320607
Did you people even watch it? Miles isn't Spider-Man, he's just a cameo. Hell, Spider-Man even refers to himself as Peter in the demo.
>>
>>380307743
The biggest disappointment of E3. I can't believe I let myself get so hyped for it.
>>
>>380320891
This most of all. I'm hype, but still skeptical until I see a controller in someone's hand along with the gameplay.
>>
>>380307743
Is this the new Spider-Man that has thwe machines on his wrists that do the webs or is this the good spiderman
>>
>>380307743
I'm pretty stoked.

I always dug bamham combat provided it was well-animated (Bamham wasn't, for the most part) and the city actually looks like it genuinely had a lot of effort put into it.
>>
>>380321036
How mad are you going to be when Peter dies 1/2 way through the game and you need to finish it as Miles? There would be literally no reason to "cameo" him like this unless he was going to be a major part of the game.
>>
>>380321249
It looks like a launcher on his wrist.
>>
Does anyone else feel like the game is gonna hold you hand and tell you exactly what to do?
>>
>>380321454
Half way through?
Clearly this was the tutorial of the game they showed and Pete dies in the helicopter explosion.
This whole game is a Miles origin story. The whole thing is a bait and switch, with the costume we've seen being Peter's which you can unlock for free roam and NG+ by beating it.
>>
>>380316454
>Unlocking speed enhancments
That's fuckin stupid. I'm so sick of this mandatory upgrade shit in games
>>
>>380321454
>How mad are you going to be when Peter dies 1/2 way through the game and you need to finish it as Miles?

They just confirmed it's a self contained story exclusively for the game, not tied in with any movie or comic book.

All criticism literally blown the fuck out.
>>
>>380307743
I hate spiders
>>
>>380320124
Yes but web of shadows had shit side missions. It was like kill 20 bad guys and after that the next level of the side mission was kill 40 baddies. The level up system with the different moves was pretty cool though.

The bad part about the combat moves was that you only needed to do the same combo over and over and over.

The collectables in web of shadows increased your health by a tiny amount if I recall correctly. But the hunt for them was just as meaningless and tedious as the side missions. So in short there was nothing meaningfull to do besides the main story in web of shadows. And the fact that all parks/basketball courts/alleys (or any place that isn't the sidewalk) are all empty makes the city as boring and dead as every extra thing the game has to do. Not to mention that a city largely devoid doesn't really invite any exploration.
>>
>>380321249
The good spider-man is the one with web shooters you clown.
>>
I love all these kids saying the combat looks like BamHam when it actually looks just like Spider-Man 2.
>>380321885
Pretty sure SM2 had upgrade stuff too.
>>
>>380321454
to generation enough discussion to release an overpriced miles dlc campaign, like AK's Red Hood expansion
>>
>>380321249
He uses machines.
>>
>>380321907
" self contained story exclusively for the game"
So that excludes gay brown mexicant Spooderman from the game how exactly? All that means is that it won't follow an already established storyline. Literally BTFO because you can't comprehend.
>>
>>380321454
Sony are even bigger idiots then everyone already thinks they are if they do that.
>>
People saying the swinging looks slow seem to be forgetting that you could upgrade your swinging speed in 2
>>
>>380322731
They won't. It's being pretty clear that Peter himself is a large part. I wouldn't be surprised if Miles came in as a sidekick though
>>
>>380320607
From what I've read it's Peter, it's just that he fights Negative Man, that has the power of turning people into their negatives.
So Peter turns into a nigger.
>>
>>380307743
>remove slow mo
game to be at normal speed and itll just end up with a spiderman bouncing all over the screen which is great
>remove bad guys flashing red when they contemplate the thought of hurting spiderman
keep spider sense head tingle but we really dont need them to light up like they have the power of the sun in the palm of their hand
>have them constantly shooting at spiderman and not waiting their turn to receive cool slow mo beat down animation
means you cant stand around like youre mike tyson in the ring and actually need to be agile and acrobatic
>remove bam ham grappling hook icon thats constantly bouncing around on screen
eh, i dont like it because i know its going to be "press r1 to cool parkour to here" like in ASM
>fix the physics of swinging
we now get webs on buildings but without the physics for some stupid fucking reason. The whole point of asking for webs on buildings was so that it affects the swing not for fucking aesthetics
>remove pointless qte
why the fuck do you need a qte to land on the helicopter and fight? why the fuck cant the player just web zip onto it? why do i need to press eg triangle to dodge in the qte when the normal dodge button is O? at least make the action correlate to the button press so its not so fucking retarded.
>shitty stealth predator room knock off
seen it in ASM and it sucks cock, for the love of god learn from there and dont fuck it up again
>HUD
feels like im iron man lol
>cool web gadget traps
i quite liked this, nice

This game is still salvageable but lord do they need to go BACK TO FORMULA to fix it
>>
>>380309306
wheres my web of shadows air combat combos followed by ground stomp followed by launching another guy into the air for another air combo?

We see half a second of that stuff when he nearly threw a guy off the roof but i want to know if its in or not dammit
>>
>>380323149
you
>>
>>380323110
And gay.
>>
reminder: anyone shitposting about this game is just shitposting and doesn't even have a playstation
>>
>>380323770
I have a PS4, but the swinging looked like shit. Looked worse ASM
>>
>>380323770
reminder that i bought a ps4 pro and if anyone wantst his game to be good its me. Its why ill talk mad shit about it in the hopes they fix the shitty floating swinging rather than sit around with my thumbs up my arse hoping its ok by release.
>>
>>380323770
I have a PS4. Sony sucked big time this E3.
>>
>>380323997
defend your position
>>
>>380324240
This. They were so bad that Microsoft won.
>>
>>380324598
It could totally just be because it was a heavily controlled mission, but the swinging looked slow and had no momentum. Looked like there wasn't a natural arc.
>>
>>380323770
I'm pissed because it's a fucking Arkham game with QTE's out the ass
I wanted this to be different
>>
>>380325338
To be fair, what else could you do?
>>
>>380323149
>slow mo
>bad guys flashing
>pointless qte
Spider-Manetta?
>>
>web attaches to building
>swing arc doesnt pull you towards building
>you continue to glide forwards as if swinging off the ceiling

whats the purpose of webs on buildings if you dont have to actually choose your buildings and plan your turns
>>
>>380320498
You are objectively wrong. This is veritable fact. Do some research before embarrassing yourself like this again.
>>
>>380309518
E3 2017 taught us this about PS4:

2017:
>Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy (June 30)
>Syndrome (PSVR, June 30)
>That's You (July 4)
>Pyre (July 25)
>Hellblade (Aug 8)
>MatterFall (Aug 15)
>Uncharted: The Lost Legacy DLC (Aug 22)
>Everybody's Golf (Aug 29)
>Undertale (PS4/Vita, Summer 2017)
>Knack 2 (Sept 5)
>Ni No Kuni II (Nov 10)
>Gran Turismo Sport (2017)
>Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds DLC (2017)
>Hidden Agendas (2017)

2018:
>God of War (early)
>Shadow of the Colossus
>Spider-Man

???:
>Days Gone
>Death Stranding
>Detroit: Become Human
>The Last of Us Part II
>Dreams
>Frantics
>Singstar Celebration
>Knowledge is Power

PSVR:
>Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
>Skyrim VR
>StarChild
>Bravo Team
>Moss
>Transference
>The Inpatient

Let us just agree to disagree.
>>
>>380325219
lord i hope thats true. Im praying sony kicked down their door and hit them with the
>WE HAVE NO GAEMS FOR E3 QUICK MAKE SOMETHING CINEMATIC AND COOL FOR US
and they made that. Im praying web swing was capped due to dragging out the helicopter chase. Im hoping all that cool shit was added so sony doesnt fire them and they can now go back to working on a fun spiderman game that isnt a bam ham qte fest.

who am i kidding
>>
>>380307743
Literally fucking batman
>>
>>380314012
I feel like I would be more okay with QTEs if they were more difficult. I would like to see Guitar Hero types of QTEs or FPS aiming. We see a little of that but it looks too easy.
>>
>>380325640
This. It looks like Moonswinging, just that it superficially "Connects" to a building
>>
File: hypno-hustler-2.jpg (93KB, 600x492px) Image search: [Google]
hypno-hustler-2.jpg
93KB, 600x492px
There's only one man and his groovy gals who can save the game now.
>>
All of Insmoniac´s games suffer from the same floaty shit physics.

That prevented me from enjoying Infamous, character jumps over every crate or box like a fucking retard, its even worse than in the Assasins Creed games ive played.
>>
its doesn't look half bad. my only problem is that -even though they confirmed Peter- wtf is Miles there ? are they pulling some bait and switch ? I'm waiting for reviews to confirm Miles is a non issue.
>>
>>380325219
there is momentum, they seemed to do some specific things to show that off
at one point he attached to a building that was slightly behind him which extended his air time but there was barely any arc to the swing so he had to zipline forward
>>
>>380326656
Insomniac doesn't make infamous. That's Sucker Punch.
>>
>>380326687
There was a point where he turned a corner, and it looked so fucking bad.
>>
>>380326656
>That prevented me from enjoying Infamous,

They didn't make Infamous. That was Sucker Punch.
>>
>>380325935
What a flaccid list of games literally no one will play except for a few peppered out throughout the list. Also touting DLC as an E3 highlight. Yikes.
>>
>>380326481
Somehow devs have taken our moonswinging complaints to be a purely aesthetic issue. That we always stop midswing to see if our web is connected to a building and then proceed to fap when it is. It was never about the web connecting to the building but rather the implications of the connection for the swinging. It mean when swinging next to central park your swing natrually pulls you toward the side with the buildings and not the park. It meant that when you wanna turn left youre not going to pull that off buy having your web on the wrong building.

It was never about the web thats spun being forced to look like its on a building and somehow dev after dev cant realise this
>>
>>380325542
Something like this maybe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axa641N3lyo
>>
File: Mr._negative_wosm-34.jpg (276KB, 935x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Mr._negative_wosm-34.jpg
276KB, 935x1067px
Of all the villains to use, why use this guy?
>>
>now that gimmick is announced how hoype are you goyim?
Only children care about such minuscule gimmicks. Physics based or not, it has to feel good, nothing else matters.
>>
>>380326656
idiot
>>
>>380326656
>All of Insmoniac´s games suffer from the same floaty shit physics. That prevented me from enjoying Infamous

Yes, even though it was Sucker Punch, not Insomniac who developed Infamous. Constant shit flows from brains on here.
>>
>>380325818
I've done plenty of research, I played the game to completion and paid very close attention to the web-swinging mechanics. The game wasn't incredible or anything but it's pointless trying to make it sound worse than it is. ASM2 does not have moon-swinging, you are a retard.
>>
File: 1128054-spt7.jpg (32KB, 380x313px) Image search: [Google]
1128054-spt7.jpg
32KB, 380x313px
>>380327157
Because he's an unknown to kick off the story before the big players come in that you've fought in 10 other Spider-Man games.

Who hoping for Spot here?
>>
>>380327076
Goddamn that game was underrated. Muh moonswinging fags just couldn't help themselves. Combat is more important than webswinging.
>>
>>380325935
none of those are good games though
>>
>>380327447
B I G W H E E L
>>
>>380327040
>I don't like them so they don't count argument.
ok
>>
>>380326857
see I feel like the corner turn made perfect sense. attaching the line on one side and running off makes it taut and pulls him into the building

the thing I'm mostly unsure about is how they chose to have him run on a slant. for regular people when they do wall run tricks they need to stay as upright as possible so their center of gravity is close to the wall which slows the loss of altitude, but since his feet stick to the wall I feel like if he's sprinting on a building he would be just fine running on it perpendicular like he's running along the ground
>>
>>380327485
Can I borrow your time machine? I wanna try out those games too.
>>
File: 17 (1).jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
17 (1).jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>380327618
>>380327447

J JONAH SPIDER SLAYER JAMESON!
>>
>>380327681
Just make sure to fill it up when you're done.
>>
I feel autistic for saying this, but that was a huge thing holding me back. Moonswinging just isn't fun. Getting hung up on the terrain and learning to master your movement was cool back in Spiderman 2. If they show footage of gameplay that isn't an incredibly scripted story sequence I'll be hyped.
>>
>>380313675
do you remember how slow the swinging is in the beginning of spiderman 2? you get upgrades throughout the game that gets it to that point.
>>
File: XaHR21Y.jpg (196KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
XaHR21Y.jpg
196KB, 2048x1152px
>>380327157
Probably because he's black. I mean, look at all the other games shown at E3.
>>
>>380327447
I want Colonel Jupiter. Or Man-Wolf.
>>
>>380307743
The swinging looked like floaty ass.

I'm wondering if that was natural though because it seemed like he should have been able to catch up to the helicopter a lot easier given what we saw him do before.

I dunno OP, i just felt really crushed watching that demo. It literally looks like ASM2 with a higher budget.
>>
>>380313675
this guy is a noob. everyone knows you can go sanic fast by deploying one web in each hand one after the other for consistent speed.
>>
ATTENTION marketing researchers fishing for reactions: if I hear that Miles plays any role in this game, I'm dropping it the same second.
>>
>>380328536
Still never felt slow. If you say This swinging looks as goods as Spiderman 2's, your delusional
>>
>>380328953
definitely not saying it looks as good, because we've seen fuck all of it in free roam, but you can't use bullshot footage as an indicator of actual gameplay. wait for in depth looks, and then compare.

tl:dr; don't jump the gun
>>
>>380317253
>insomniac we need cinematic real raw emotional rollercoaster type footage of your game as thats all we have this year
>i dont care if it has no gameplay we left that shit behind years ago give me something that looks cool
>>
>>380327393
>ASM2 does not have moon-swinging, you are a retard.

You're fucking delusional, holy shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEwWMr6TxNI&ab_channel=Kingofgameplay
>>
>>380328714
Only reason it took him a while is for people to see more of the game, get a feel for the surroundings, physics, etc. It's not just about catching up to the helicopter guy. Lol, it's like ruining your childhood dreams if you play it then you can catch up to him quicker and feel satisfied.
>>
>>380307743
That's neat but honestly there was barely any wall crawling. It looked way to much like the Arkham games when it didn't need to. QTEs were also kind of meh but I guess a cinematic sequence is a good thing to show when trying to sell your game. I hope ends up being good but I won't hold my breath.
>>
The combat and constant QTEs look awful but the traversal alone makes the game seem worth. This could be the best spider man game if its as exciting to cross the city as it is in the trailer.
>>
>>380329712
This. If they can nail the core mobility system the QTE isn't enough to make the game unappealing. The lack of wall crawling concerned me tho.
>>
>>380327393
not him but mate it had moonswinging. I was swinging where there were no buildings to be seen. I was swinging over central park. Its moon swinging mate
>>
>>380330193
Spider-Man 2 had wallrunning too anon.
>>
>>380327462
it doesnt matter, moonswinging and bamham combat is what we got essentially. No physics to the swing and no web of shadows combat. fucked on both ends.
>>
>>380322367
"no"
>>
>>380327393
lmao @ ur utter humiliation
>>
>>380330635
>moonswinging and bamham combat
But it has neither of those. The combat is closer to Bayonetta than BamHam since there's no counters just dodging with slowmo.
>>
File: Spiderman 2 - Earlygame.webm (1MB, 592x455px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman 2 - Earlygame.webm
1MB, 592x455px
>>380313675
>>380328953
>>
>>380329470
>objective video proof

how is this argument still even going. Moonswinging in the middle of a city ffs
>>
>>380330474
That's fine. But I also want wall crawling which I'm pretty sure we didn't see. I think he hangs off a wall at some point but it's part of a scripted area transition so even that doesn't really count. I guess it would present camera issues, especially if you could crawl on ceilings but I feel like it's one of the key Spider-Man elements.
>>
File: 1495706393975.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495706393975.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>380329470
The only game that didn't have moonswinging was Spider-Man 2, that's it. Every other game was just trying to hide it, some did it extremely poorly (ASM1 web swinging was basically Spider-Man 1 but with better graphics), some did somewhat better (like ASM2 and WoS).
Thankfully, Insomniac know what they're doing.
>>
>>380331197
Anon there's never been a Spider-Man game without wallcrawling. It's literally his entire gimmick.
>>
>>380330193
>>380329712
what you guys dont realise is that this qte press X to awesome shit affects your normal free roam traversal. Its the reason why there will probably be no charged jump feature to help you leave over buildings. It doesnt fit the cinematic feel. Its the reason web zip is now press r1 to do cool parkour. Because it needs to look cool. Its the reason web swinging is floaty and slow; you cant be fast and good or youll catch up to our cinematic chase sequence too quickly.

These choices affect the rest of the game. dont expect this qte shit to stay in missions only and then revert back to cool spiderman 2 style swinging and travel in free roam.
>>
>>380313039
>no counters
Objectively wrong.
>>
>>380331083
>counters
>characters light up bright red when attacking plus spider sense head tingle
>goons stand around waiting for you
all theyre missing is the alarm sound when one reaches for a gun
>>
File: 1376569020265.gif (1MB, 234x234px) Image search: [Google]
1376569020265.gif
1MB, 234x234px
>>380331587
>Insomniac know what they're doing.
https://youtu.be/c2485MmEBwI
they sure do, anon
they sure do.
>>
>>380331636
Hey I hope you're right.

>>380331645
I'm pretty sure the only QTE was to stop the collapsing crane from killing people since they probably wouldn't get away with allowing you to let it fall and kill people. I don't recall it ever being used for actual movement.
>>
>>380329470
Well I'll agree it's inconsistent, sometimes the anchor points you attach to are situated way above the object that you're apparently attaching to, the same happens with trees and other short objects/buildings you can swing from, but technically speaking you are still anchored to a point, it's not the moonswinging we know and hate really. 9 times out of 10 the game successfully pulls off the illusion of having proper physics based web swinging, and the web does attach to anchor points inside buildings.

It's not proper moonswinging, but there are invisible anchor points to make getting around the city a less of a nuisance I guess. Yeah it's shit compared to SM2, but it's not proper moon-swinging either. It's not ASM1/Web Of Shadows moonswinging, and that's what people think of when you say moonswinging.
>>
File: SpiderQTE.png (1MB, 1906x908px) Image search: [Google]
SpiderQTE.png
1MB, 1906x908px
>>380307743
I worried half the game will be this, half the trailer was
>>
File: Untitled-10.jpg (44KB, 388x388px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-10.jpg
44KB, 388x388px
>>380318481
This.
It will sell zillions while your "hardcore" weeb games languish in obscurity and their studios close.
>>
File: Spiderman 2 - Earlygame+.webm (1MB, 592x455px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman 2 - Earlygame+.webm
1MB, 592x455px
>>380331170
>>
>>380331729
>>380331997
Show me one part in the video where he counters. All he can do is dodge jump. Also air combos instantly make it better than BamHam shit.
>>
>>380332302
i dont mean directly for movement but rather the implications of having this style of gameplay on the traversal later on is what i meant. I hope im wrong but the burning building where hes running through cubicles looks like its hold forward to parkour through the building type traversal.

>>380332403
>to make getting around the city a less of a nuisance I guess
they might as well add fast travel at that point. If youre willing to let people swing high above the trees over central park to make life easy why not just add a catch a cab feature?
>>
>Stealth
>QTE
>everything cool seemed to be a cutscene

don't know how to feel about this one.
>>
>>380332216
Unless you think they're trying to inject politics into swinging mechanics, I don't know why you think that video has any relevance at all.
>>
>>380325545
fuck off ACfag
>>
Lots of butthurt Xbone and PCfags ITT. You can only jerk off the X One X power for so long til you realize there's no games to play on it
>>
>>380332876
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A65OFsXsPfM
>>
>>380325935
>counting dlc for existing games
come on, the other guy didn't count xcom 2 dlc. Let's not be disingenuous here.
>>
>>380332978
Well I mean did you ever actually try swinging around central park in SM2? I outright avoided that whole area because it was just a pain in the ass to try and swing around in.
>>
When are we seeing more gameplay?
>>
Arkham with bright colors should be fun.
>>
>>380333673
glad you're excited ^.^
>>
>>380333491
xcom 2 and its dlc isn't exclusive to any platform.
>>
>>380332978
Yea the running in the end was kind of meh. I hope it's not like AC and you actually have to press the buttons to do things and not just hold it down for the game to do everything for you.

And good god do I hope they don't actually add a fast travel feature. I think I'm getting pretty good at ignoring features I hate but the problem is if the game is built around it in mind it means travelling from point A to point B has either been given less attention then it should have or they are not confident enough that it's going to be fun throughout the entire game. And neither of these things are good.
>>
File: img.png (2MB, 1765x1017px) Image search: [Google]
img.png
2MB, 1765x1017px
We really need to appreciate SM2 web swinging. I was trying my hardest to find a flaw in it and I failed.
>>
>>380333491
Why not? The UC dlc is supposed to be ~10h long.
>>
File: 1478547009832.jpg (29KB, 540x530px) Image search: [Google]
1478547009832.jpg
29KB, 540x530px
>>380307743
>how hyped are you?
>slow-mo all throughout combat
>QTE's everywhere
>really scripted
>FUCKING MILES

0/10 Jim. I won't support anything that features Miles.
>>
>>380333923
>exclusive
The original post wasn't about exclusives either m8
>>
>>380333526
would web zip through if i had to and im damn glad they didnt just say hey lets put some web anchors here to make life easier. Thats how we end up with this last batch of mediocre games.

>>380333941
i hope so too but it does look like its "push forward to see awesome shit", it doesnt look like youll be moving left and right, jumping over tables and webzipping through.

Yeah i also agree with thatfast travel shit, its almost a certain way to know theyve given up on traversal of their game. If your webswinging is amazing and a joy to perform you wont need it.
>>
>>380334204
dlc are not new games.
>>
>>380334223
>>slow-mo all throughout combat
>>QTE's everywhere
>>really scripted
>>FUCKING MILES
Finally someone in this thread with legitimate complaints. That shit is annoying.
>>
>>380333673
At least the city isn't evacuated this time
>>
>>380334069
the only flaw i can think of is not losing health when you swing directly face first into a building. The game should encourage smooth swinging around buildings and wall running. Too many videos on youtube have him at max speed slam into a wall then just turn around and keep going. Small nitpicking shit i know but thats the only issue i can think of
>>
Well any hype I felt for this game has been sapped. Thanks Insomniac Games. Thanks for reminding me that everything I love is dead.
>>
File: 1497217499900.png (185KB, 456x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497217499900.png
185KB, 456x480px
>>380332876
this looks much faster than this >>380314012
It is possible that you can upgrade the swing speed, but Spiderman 2 has a boost button which is really essential for that game. Not just for going fast but for controlling your movement. Boosting at the bottom of a swing make you fly forward while boosting at the end of a swing makes you go up.
But there is no swing boosting shown in the demo for the new game, spiderman was swinging as a constant speed the whole time, so either they haven't shown off that feature or there is a chance it won't be in the final game
>>
>>380332702
nothing wrong with big set pieces like that. It's impossible to have exciting things like that happen without quick time events
>>
>>380334069

I know one flaw: that impulse to gain speed (left trigger on the Xbox) it's "artificial", there is no animation while it happens.
>>
File: white rabbit.jpg (162KB, 580x462px) Image search: [Google]
white rabbit.jpg
162KB, 580x462px
>>380327447
I'd like White Rabbit, because she's silly.
>>
>>380334956
>hype stopped after a 10 min demo which is likely not a real representation of the actual product
That's retarded, but ok.
>>
>>380335042
The QTE's weren't even that bad until the part where he caught up to the helicopter. Some of that did not need to be a QTE
>>
When will more gameplay be shown? I need to see footage of free roam web swinging before I judge. Clearly, what we say was meant for the Sony audience. That's why it was so "cinematic"
>>
>>380334069
I can never find any Spider-Man 2 Web swinging videos where they actually use the two webs at once while web swinging. It seems like a useless ability. Can someone explain what the hell it does?
>>
Does anyone know if there will be any more footage? Someone playing a demo at e3 maybe? need to see someone free roaming before i make my final call

>>380335406
>hype stopped after a 10min demo showing floatywebswinging and qte
stop acting like hes not making a rational decision. Why the fuck would you continue to be hyped after what we saw? game is going in the opposite direction of all the hype threads predicted earlier its perfectly sensisble to lose hype aftering seeing slow mo take downs and massive qte segments
>>
>>380335406
It's what they chose to show off though. If that's what they think of as the most exciting thing they can show, that doesn't say good things. And the small pieces of direct control gameplay that we saw in there were underwhelming, to say the least. Here's hoping I'm wrong to be pessimistic, and the game will come out and save Spider-man from the decade of shit he's bee wallowing in, but I think that's highly unlikely at this point.
>>
>>380335551
>qte to dodge attack
>qte to punch enemy
>qte to web zip onto helicopter

why not just allow the normal game to play out at that point?
>>
>>380335604
If you get good you can perpetually swing at top speed to get around the city really fast. Barely anyone ever does it because no one actually realizes that you can.

You can also use momentum to shoot yourself backward and like sling forward with a boost of speed but that really is useless.
>>
>>380311983
>all of those pauses and freezes between pre-baked animations
>snapping to the left or right a few feet to be closer to the buildings before swinging

Ehh
>>
>>380335604

It's to gain super impulse, like a slingshot.
>>
The reveal was 50 different kinds of shite
guess it's time to install spiderman 2 emulator because obviously only a 13 year old game can do it right
>>
>>380334590
But it is as long as a standalone game and it even is being released as a standalone.

Where do you draw the line between dlc and a new game then?
>>380334308
So why would him not putting it in there be significant?
Besides saying those multiplats have the best version on PC means "if you want to spend time on mods and have a PC that is powerful enough to get a locked 60fps when the PS4 can't".
>>
>>380335865
see>>380335570
I think that shit was shown because it matches the sony love of cinematic games. I can very easily imagine a sony exec telling them no to 10min of free roam gameplay and random crimes and asking for big set piece qte gameplay to sit alongside their other cinematic masterpieces.

The only question is whether they caved into that bullshit for the rest of the game
>>
>>380336205
>>380335972
Sounds cool as fuck. I'm gonna play SM2 again.
>>
>>380336293
You could be right, certainly. Hell I hope you are. I'd love a good new Spidey game, I really would. Even if it does have a few of the annoyances of modern Spidey.
>>
>>380336026
that transition between the parkour button and to webswinging where he just pauses in mid air as the game slowly turns off automatic cool running mode and decides to give some control back to the player is beyond jarring. Its why i hate this grappling hook icon all over the screen in the demo because i know its gonna be the same cool parkour type button and the transition between that and normal game is always jarring. Like someone throwing you the controller mid way through a mission
>>
>>380335951
>>380335551
guy swings the sword and he got the dodge prompt, he failed to dodge and got knocked off the copter, so he was given a prompt to zip back up which if he failed he presumably would have died
then they showed him successfully dodge, which gave him the opportunity to attack the helicopter with attack mashing

nothing wrong with any of that
>>
>>380336548
can never go wrong going back and playing that

do yourself a favor and use an alternate costume, since a lot of people don't realize you can do that either.

>Locate all Secret and Skycraper Tokens. Look for the Costumes store in the Garment District. This store is ONLY accessible between the game hours of 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM. The game clock can be located near the FC area on a building that does NOT face the water. Alternate costumes include symbiote suit, Peter Parker, Wrestling suit, Alex Ross suit, Alternate prototype Spider-Man suit from 1st movie (Power Rangers), Ben Reilly, Scarlett Spider, Battle Ravaged Spider-Man, Unmasked Spider-Man.
>>
>>380336592
lord i hope i am but dont stay hyped. what we saw doesnt look good and if that cinematic stuff has already made it in it is already going to affect the rest of the game see >>380331645
>>
>>380336817
He didn't fail any prompt
>>
>>380331587
Ultimate Spider-man didn't have moonswinging, in fact its swinging was almost as good as SM2
>>
>>380337052
He did, watch it again
>>
>>380307743
The swinging is fine, but that doesn't change the fact that the game plays like a QTE movie
>>
>>380337250
He didn't fail, it would have been red or something
>>
>>380336872
>Locate all Secret and Skycraper Tokens. Look for the Costumes store in the Garment District. This store is ONLY accessible between the game hours of 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM. The game clock can be located near the FC area on a building that does NOT face the water. Alternate costumes include symbiote suit, Peter Parker, Wrestling suit, Alex Ross suit, Alternate prototype Spider-Man suit from 1st movie (Power Rangers), Ben Reilly, Scarlett Spider, Battle Ravaged Spider-Man, Unmasked Spider-Man.

Holy fuck that's some schoolyard bullshit
>>
>>380334625
Yeah. It sounds like I'm shitting on it but bright and populated Arkham City sounds good. Nothing ground breaking but it'll be enjoyable.
>>
I only ever watched my cousins play Spidey 2 on their Xbox; how does the combat compare? People are saying this is just Arkham Spider so I don't know if it's par for the course or a complete downgrade. Watching cousins do Final Atomic Buster on random mooks looked really cool. As long as it's Peter and not Miles (can't stand his cameos in all the books of mine he appears in), I'm considering this as my first Spider-Man game.
>>
Can we please kill this fucking press triangle/y to win all the fights meme combat system now, for fuck sake
>>
>>380338302
Well considering we only saw a demo and haven't played it yet it's hard to say how much like Arkham it is but there were definitely a lot of similarities, some of them completely unnecessary I'd say. But Arkham games were fun so it wouldn't be the worst thing.
>>
>>380338302
Peter is Spider-Man in this. Though Miles makes a cameo appearance in the trailer. We're all praying it won't be a bait and switch but we just don't know.
>>
Map better not just be Manhattan again.
>>
>>380307743
Really surprised by how close it is to the Arkham games, both the stealth and combat look incredibly similar. As a huge fan of those games I don't necessarily have a problem with it though.

So far it looks really good, now they just have to show that they have a really effective open world with a ton of shit to do. Spidey shouldn't be swinging around for five minutes without stopping a mugging, saving a falling construction worker, dropping someone off at the hospital and saving a little girl's balloon along the way
>>
File: IMG_4636.jpg (102KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4636.jpg
102KB, 800x800px
Reminder that Sony made insomniac use this gameplay to show the game's "cinematic" side
>>
>>380338740
Yeah, at least we'll have this to play when WB can't be bothered to give us a new Batman game.
>>
>>380338740
Arkham is one of my favorite game series to be honest, so this looks fun. I'm jsut very worried about the web swinging. Its honestly the only thing that matters to me at this point
>>
>>380326687
>there is momentum
At one point he attaches his web to a building on his right and then swings left at a 90 degree angle, utterly unaffected by his web being on the wrong side to perform that move.
>>
>>380338434
first you need to kill all the dopes who think theyre doing all that cool shit when they press a button prompt. They make this shit because people swallow it down to the balls. When people finally tell sony theyd rather just turn on netflix instead of half watching a movie with a button prompt every 5 mins thats when we'll go back to games. I dont even mind all that cool shit happening, if it happened in a cutscene i wouldnt give a fuck but here i am, not playing the game but at the same time not enjoying a cutscene because im forced to semi control and semi watch it. Blending cool cinematic shit and gameplay was a mistake and ruined both

>>380338727
having queens in ultimate was quite neat even if it was kinda small. Just a small town area away from big city shit. I even liked how you barely could webswing and relied on web zip most of the time
>>
>>380320607
how retarded do you have to be to think Peter isn't in this game?
>>
File: 1485951782485.gif (415KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1485951782485.gif
415KB, 500x332px
>>380334223
>>380334616

you sound fucking retarded
>>
>>380339545
this. We have an iron man game with webs as an accessory feature that have no bearing on where spiderman is propelled. We went from some kind of momentum and no attaching to attaching and no momentum and direction.

How the fuck is it so hard to recreate after 2 gens? some chucklefucks did it again after spiderman2 with ultimate spiderman and they got it right as well despite it being quite different. How is it 2 gens later we still cant
>>
>>380339881
Explain what you like so much about there being about 60 QTE button prompts in 10 minutes of gameplay.
>>
>>380340049
But that aint true
>>
>>380340049
did you watch the game or are you some retarded shitposter
>>
>>380340291
>>380340410
hes exagerrating but theres no denying it was a qte fest mate
>>
>>380340653
almost every spider-man game has them so why is it so bad here
>>
>>380340291
Half of the whole video was one big fucking QTE fest though.
>>
>>380340887
There were so many. The first one is especially bad because it doesn't let you start the fight how you want.
>>
>>380340887
ASM games have them.

The ASM games are pretty fucking shit.
>>
>>380341106
It's a presentation. The mission in the game will be much different. This isn't new, and the fact your so worried about it is stupid. The ONLY thing to worry about is the web swinging
>>
>>380341213
so you didnt play shattered dimensions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygSaYUFyquI
>>
When's Carnage? The crazy psycho killer one that's fucked in the head, not that weak shit "ultimate" one that just makes screechy noises or the vigilante Punisher type one.
>>
>>380339545
https://youtu.be/K4zm30yeHHE?t=5m41s
for those who want to see what he's talking about
>>
>>380340887
doesnt make it good though does it? You cant justify half the demo being qte by saying previous games had them thats silly. It was a qte fest

>>380341278
i wish i had as much faith as you mate but i think youre going to be disappointed. Nothing about what we saw looked like itll be more in the hands of the player and not a qte upon final release. Theres plenty to be worried about outside the webswinging and just because the swinging is of high importance doesnt mean we should disregard combat. Almost feels like youd play a turd if it came out with semi good swinging
>>
File: 1450271979104.jpg (92KB, 557x822px) Image search: [Google]
1450271979104.jpg
92KB, 557x822px
>>380313514
>VR games
>Remasters
>WE WUZ
>Interactive movies
>C-clearly Sony won guys
>>
>>380341595
>web to building on the right
>chuck a left turn
fuckin hell
>>
>>380341278
>It's a presentation. The mission in the game will be much different

>he thinks they are going to remove 5 minutes of QTEs that would have cost them money to animate and replace it with gameplay
How can you be so naive?
>>
>>380341603
you sound like a fucking idiot and bitching just to do it
>>
>>380341869
>You can't change how things are paced in an unfinished video game
I'm not saying it won't be in the game, but to say this is representative of the whole game is stupid.
Yes there will be big QTE setpieces, No, I don't think they'll be exactly like it was shown here
>>
File: C-s6r2CXoAAFF9w.jpg (66KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C-s6r2CXoAAFF9w.jpg
66KB, 1200x675px
>>380341775
Oh i''m not saying Sony won by any stretch, but Nintendo was by no means the victor.
>>
>how hyped are you?
0% that L2,R2,L2,R2,L2,R2,L2,R2,L2,R2 segment at the end to stop the helicopter killed my smile for good. I don't care anymore.
>>
>>380341920
you sound like the kind of person who sits there playing qte's thinking oh wow how awesome. Youre the reason we get cool cinematic shit instead of actual gameplay
>>
>>380342889
you sound like a bitch
>>
>>380343121
and you sound like a faggot.
>>
File: 1394301234783.jpg (57KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1394301234783.jpg
57KB, 240x320px
the game might be good, but if so, they did a great job hiding CINEMATIC it under that CINEMATIC fucking disgusting CINEMATIC trailer CINEMATIC
>>
>>380342345
on what grounds can you make an assumption like that? all we've seen is this, its safer to assume this is what the game is than to sit and hope this isnt representative of the full game because ____speculation/hopes/dreams___.

>>380343121
>people actually defend games they havent played on the internet
the man pointed out a very legitimate complaint. Fuck off you faggot
>>
>>380343505
E3 is NEVER a good way to judge a game. Is this your first E3?
>>
>>380310078
Ubisoft won this year and it's not even close.
>>
>>380343829
BG&E2 was not a good announcement
>fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
what kind of shit is this? Its a prequel on top of that? Its like they want it to fail
>>
>>380307743
Voice actor for Spidey really can't compare, I hope they step up the direction.
>>
>>380343018
the legend of korra
Metal Gear Rising
god of war
wet
all games with qte do you hate those now
>>
>>380343670
fuckin oath i know that mate but how often do games turn out better than what we see at e3? I think youre taking the overly optimistic path of thinking itll be better than what they decided to show at a conference where you show off games. Easier to assume thats the best theyve got. I doubt it is and im guessing sony pressured them hard for cinematic shit to show because they were dearly lacking in proper stuff this e3 but it doesnt change my optimism.
>>
>>380344272
>dislike half the demo being qte
>therefore qte can never be used in any game and i must hate that too

how do you connect these points
>>
>>380327040
You're litterally delusional.
Days gone will be a blockbuster hit.
HZD is already a blockbuster hit, best selling exclusive.
Uncharted is also a massive hit.
GOW will be a monumental hit.
Spiderman will be a monuental hit, especially with the movie hype.

You autist forget, /v/ isn't even a fraction of a single % of game consumers, the normies decide what will be successful and played. Sony won, it's that simple, no one can compare in when it comes to quality exclusives.
>>
>>380344596
from you bitching about it like you never played a video game before
>>
>>380344370
>>380344370
>Admits they were probably pressured to make the presentation cinematic
>Refuses to admit that it still won't look that way at launch
Fuck off. This will be in the game,but it will probably be filled out with more proper gameplay. That's okay
>>
File: 1419440778560.png (202KB, 516x304px) Image search: [Google]
1419440778560.png
202KB, 516x304px
>>380325935
>>Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy (June 30)
>>
File: antivenom.png (842KB, 1000x611px) Image search: [Google]
antivenom.png
842KB, 1000x611px
>>380327157
BECAUSE ANTI-VENOM BAYBEE
>>
>>380345351
You fucking WISH. So do I.
>>
>>380344795
keep makin leaps n bounds mate

>>380344876
>probably
stay hopeful. If its does ill pick it up for sure, the difference is i wont be disappointed when it doesnt
>>
>>380346553
t. someone who doesn't know how E3 presentations work
Its like saying most of Anthem is gonna work like that. That big monster killing the smaller one won't look nearly like that in the actual game
>>
>>380346896
t. someone who still buys into the "itll look better on release".

When the final game comes out and its not qte mess with floating webswinging ill call you and apologize but until then thats what weve seen. Im sure theyre going back to the drawing board now to start their webswinging from scratch again along with removing half their qte
>>
File: Muh Hairline.jpg (89KB, 616x322px) Image search: [Google]
Muh Hairline.jpg
89KB, 616x322px
>>380338740
>Really surprised by how close it is to the Arkham games, both the stealth and combat look incredibly similar.
You really shouldn't be. Shattered Dimensions stole stealth sections from Arkham, but the two Amazing Spider-man movie tie-ins straight up stole the controls from Arkham titles.

It really bums me out that this IP is finally free from Activision's laziness and yet Insomniac is doing the same shit.
>>
>>380347505
The game will look worse at release thats not the argument here
>>
>>380311120
You're over 13. Who gives a shit about Kirby?
>>
>>380307743
Still QTE bullshit and basically arkham lite
so still dropped
>>
>>380347817
>big budget
>no time limit due to movie tie in

somehow still unable to get the swinging mechanic right. unable to get what one autist could do himself all alone over a decade ago
>>
File: Spider-manvidya.png (3MB, 2400x1215px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-manvidya.png
3MB, 2400x1215px
>>380307743
This is the best a Spider-man game has looked in a long time.
>>
>>380317253
Because not everyone shares your opinion and Quick Time Events looks neat for the normies at E3
>>
>>380348621
Gameplay wise it looks pretty similar to ASM2 and that is not a good thing.
>>
>>380327157
why not?
>>
File: 1496350604575.png (126KB, 314x298px) Image search: [Google]
1496350604575.png
126KB, 314x298px
>>380307743
I was optimistic about this until:
>Arkham combat
>QTEs
>enemies just stand there when Spidey goes into combat
>that bitch that communicated with Spidey
>Miles
yeah fuck this
>>
i don't like spiderman because he's black
>>
>>380350497
Same. Very disappointing.
>>
>>380348621
>>380350106
The fucking car QTE LITERALLY was in ASM2.

Its disgusting how similar they are gameplay-wise.
>>
>>380350645
Miles is legit a terrible character so even though you're just baiting you would be right to dislike him.
>>
>>380310301
Fucking hell anon.
>>
>>380350789
>post about how disappointed I was in a thread
>get attacked and called a Microsoft shill

There really are people out there that will look at that video and see nothing wrong. From the qte's to the floaty swinging to the meh combat. Not only that but they will actively attack anyone that says they're disappointed. Fuckin shills man
>>
When the fuck is it mentioned that Miles is Spiderman?
>>
File: Blind Tears.gif (1MB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
Blind Tears.gif
1MB, 245x230px
>>380350645
Anon that thinks all this bitching about black NPCs is ridiculous here.

Miles is indeed awful. He has no personality and a literal press-to-win electro shock attack. I hate him so much.
>>
>>380351336
This. Miguel O'Hara is a better spic Spider-Man desu. Fuck Bendis and his shitty black OCs.
>>
It depends on how the villain cast ends up. I demand an airborne Green Goblin fight. Also Rhino and Mysterio.
>>
>>380352045
>airborne Green Goblin fight
These will never not be the hypest shit.
>>
File: spider_man_2099.jpg (95KB, 629x614px) Image search: [Google]
spider_man_2099.jpg
95KB, 629x614px
>>380351654
So much fucking this. Miguel is actually liked (3rd best after Kaine and Ultimate Pete in my opinion) and still would have got Sony those precious diversity points they crave so much.

>>380352045
>Green Goblin
>not Hobgoblin
>>
>>380352045
>>380352236
if it had web of shadows combat it could work but it doesnt look like it

https://youtu.be/BbV5zg9YRYg?t=169

>tfw no airborne fight with the goblin through the streets of new york
>>
>>380352483
I don't really care who's on the glider as long as I can web onto the back of it and hang on for dear life.
>>
>>380350497
>>380350789
>>380351512
This is a 10 min demo. And the game is still a year away from being released. You all make it sound like they can't make some corrections here and there and everything is final of what the game will play like. Relax. It's not coming out in 3-4 months.
>>
>>380353018
how has modern gaming not destroyed your hope?
>>
File: Spidey vs Goblin.gif (3MB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
Spidey vs Goblin.gif
3MB, 355x200px
>>380351654
OFFICIAL MINORITY SPIDER-PEOPLE RANKINGS

Top Tier
>Miguel O'Hara
>Takuya Yamashiro - Toei Spider-man

Good Tier
>Spider-Girl - Anya Corazon
>Spider-man Japan - Aaron Aikman

Ehhhh Tier
>Mangaverse Spider-man
>Pavitr Prabhakar (Spider-man: India)
>Spider-man of Mexico

Bad Tier
>Silk

Oh Shit Nigger What Are You Doing Tier
>Miles Morales
>>
>>380307743
Fix the ugly UI and reduce the amount of QTE's. Then I'll be interested
>>
>>380354560
UI is always tweaked right up until the end. QTE's you're stuck with.
>>
File: IMPRESSIVE.jpg (66KB, 371x276px) Image search: [Google]
IMPRESSIVE.jpg
66KB, 371x276px
>>380352045
>>380352236
>>380352575

My niggas right here.
>>
>>380353832
I see it in the sense that I'm not going to die from this. Am I hyped for this game? Yes. Do I wish for some changes? Sure. Am I going to let a 10 min demo be the end all be all? No. I'll just keep tabs on what the devs are doing when info pops ups.
>>
I'm not hyped at all. I've learned not to believe a thing I see from E3, especially Sony and Ubisoft.
>>
Why are spideyfags such entitled pieces of shit anyways? The game looks decent enough and that should be enough to be excited for it.

DC already owns your ass and any of the Arkham games are already miles better than your shitty ass Spiderman 2 nonsense. You should even be thankful that DC figured out a way to play Spiderman's comabt for you fags first.

If this was the first time anyone has seen this sort of combat, you'd lap it up like you do your precious self-insert. But no, just because The Bats came first does it become shit,

You fags are pathetic. Can't even get a good movie as Homecoming will not even touch Nolan's art,
>>
>>380355262
(You)
>>
>>380355262
>The game looks decent enough
It's just Amazing Spider-Man 2 with better graphics and more QTE bullshit. Even the takedown moves are directly ripped from Amazing. Why should spideyfags even care about this game?
>>
>>380355027
reasonable
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.