[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Half Life 2 be considered forced diversity if it were announced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: nb.jpg (39KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
nb.jpg
39KB, 640x360px
Would Half Life 2 be considered forced diversity if it were announced today? Would it cause a shitstorms? Would we have dozens of threads calling Alyx a nigger?
>>
>>380284001
Yes. Yes. Yes.

That part where Eli implies you should fug Alyx would be called white genocide.
>>
>>380284001
No because Alyx isn't black enough.
>>
>>380284001
>one black scientist
>other 'black' character is his daughter
>some of the nameless Resistance wombles can be black
>everyone else is white
No, we'd be bitching about how Gaben gave enemies brilliant tactical AI then stuck them in hallways.
>>
Valve has been one of select few devs that implemented minority characters tastefully.

All the characters are attractive and have good personalities. Alyx being mixed race is progressive idea implemented well.
CSGO doesnt even have women, imagine a dev doing that today.
None of the women in valve games have some super strenght from what I remember.
>>
>>380285550
Their personalities are very cliched.
CS:GO has loads of female characters in lore text, both operators and terrorists. In-game there are only dudes because different models = different hitboxes = very very bad for a super serious E-sport.
Alyx alone can kill dozens of Combine soldiers with her cute little gun.
>>
OP is absolutely correct. Morons trying to fit in on /v/ are allowing the current cultural atmosphere to totally control the way they interpret the tone of any piece of media.

/v/ has changed.....
>>
No because Valve didn't make a deal about it. Also they're good and likable characters. If you make good, likable characters, people will like them. That's how it works.
>>
>>380286018
>Alyx alone can kill dozens of Combine soldiers with her cute little gun.
We dont know how she dealt with them, its mostly just a writers block kinda thing. "player blacks out and is saved by alyx, move on"
>>
>>380284001
Only by the retards that still use this site
>>
>>380286367
You literally can see this in first person in both Episodes, or briefly in Nova Prospect. Hell, in Ep. 1 there are parts where you are powerless and have to rely on her aiming to survive.
>>
half life 2 is a piece of fucking shit, they took the original half life and dropped all the good parts and increased the bad, the went harder on the unskipable stupid fucking cut scenes, took out all the crazy awesome weapons (jesus fucking christ is the half life 2 arensal ever fucking boring give me my egon gun for fuck sakes), took away most of the cool enemies so you fight stupid ass antlions and combine all game and it's linear as fuck. It's like a ride at disneyland you stay on a damn rail following this path and it gives you some stuff to look at along the way. I dont care about the niggers everything else about the game is dogshit except ravenholm that level was ok.
>>
Its like SJW managed to do the opposite of what they wanted and now people is more racist and sexist than ever
>>
>>380284001
Probably I mean people like to complain, there's always going to be some guy who wants to prove you "wrong" and be "right" even when it comes to some shit that doesn't matter like a videogame he doesn't have to play, I got into an argument with some guy on /ck/ who was so pissed that Joe Rogan ate a keto diet? I just asked him why he cared so much what some other guy eats and i couldn't even tell if he was fucking with me but he'd basically just go "faggot rogan defense force go suck his fucking dick more you fucking loser" and wouldn't stop replying to me on how he hates celebrity worship and how I must be a stoner etc etc

people just wanna be mad man, but people are gonna have their opinions I mean like sure there could be like 3 guys making threads on /v/ calling alyx a nigger and they could be dedicated and do it like everyday but its just 3 guys being really vocal on a mongolian knitting website

I have to say though I dislike that the alternate for having white characters is "lets just make em black lol" like you barely see other races nowadays its literally just black n white
>>
>>380288114
This. All the normies that played HL2 without playing HL1 need to GTFO.
>>
But Alyx is mixed and doesnt have an afro
>>
>>380286208
90% of posts about this shit on /v/ are people like you complaining about how this place isn't NeoGAF.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.