[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Is now a good time to get into Battlefield 1? it always looked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: battlefield 1.jpg (540KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
battlefield 1.jpg
540KB, 1920x1080px
Is now a good time to get into Battlefield 1?
it always looked appealing but it was just too pricey.
but with a current sale i can get the ultimate edition for the price of a regular new release.

is it worth getting it now?
>>
Poor soul, felt for Ubisoft bait.
>>
>>380271753
No.
>>
No, the game is a brainless slog as one would expect
>>
>>380272151
it's an EA game
>>380272278
can you elaborate a bit?
it looks a lot like old Battlefield games (pre- destruction) with reworked vehicle mechanics.
what's brainless about it? or do you not like Battlefield in general?
>>
>>380271753
Just get 4. Best game in the series and it's cheap as hell.
>>
>>380272515
i have that game on PC, but it feels bad.
like trying to have destruction but worse destructibility than Bad Company 2.
and the modern weaponry isn't nearly as appealing to me as bold action rifles and old SMGs and shit from WW1
>>
>>380272484
>spawn
>sprint towards the objective
>see enemy
>hold both mouse buttons until the enemy is dead
>repeat ad infinitum
It's just a cod where the guns have skins on them to make them look old
>>
>>380272484
The gun mechanics are dumbed down severely, grenades are buffed to hell, vehicles are simplified and easier to stomp with, sniping and automatic weapons are even easier to use now while LMGs are shit, it's a dumb meat grinder of a BF game that's perfect for casuals.

>>380272781
The guns don't even feel like WW1 it's like a WW2 game when you actually sit down and play it.
>>
>>380272781
Sounds like you should just get it then. It's not too bad, just beware of Hellniggers, grenade spam, and you should probably get the DLC. 1 is like 4 in that the most enjoyable maps/weapons are locked behind it.
>>
>>380273347
i was gonna get the full package with all DLC anyways.
basically buying a GOTY edition at this point.
i feel like the battlefield series has this weird syndrome that whenever a new one comes out, people shit on it but then consider it "alright" when the next one comes out.
>>
>>380271753
I stopped playing when the DLC launched and the community got so fragmented that there were only like 6 US servers filled with COD shitters playing infantry only game modes. It was decently fun at launch but it's gotten pretty boring
>>
File: Rupture.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rupture.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
>>380273763
Battlefield games always have tons of potential, it's just that DICE never uses it properly until a year after release. It was the same way with 3 and 4.
>>
if youre getting every DLC with it for a decent price too then yeh

my only real issues are the gun customization sucks, and im not keen on a few of the maps, but overall its pretty fun and the graphics are awesome
>>
File: Battlefield_Bad_Company_2_cover.jpg (79KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield_Bad_Company_2_cover.jpg
79KB, 256x360px
>>380274293
Bad Company 2 was good from the start ;_;
>>
>>380274545
>Over 7 years old
Doesn't feel like it. BC2 is from a different time.
>>
>>380273763
>i feel like the battlefield series has this weird syndrome that whenever a new one comes out, people shit on it but then consider it "alright" when the next one comes out.
You are completely right here anon.
This has always happened with past BF games and it will continue to always happen. Since some people who play these games are in their teens, after a few years, when the the next BF game release they've grown up slightly and then talk nostalgically about the past games.
>>
>>380274497
yea i have high hopes that the community sticks with it for quite some time since Battlefront 2 is probably a very different audience
>>
>>380273001
>He doesn't like clicking on people

It's very, very fun when you get ver, very good at it. I'm having a blast, while other players sharing the server with me are not.
>>
>>380273001
that's every shooter without superpowers.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.