[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why was this game such a hit with the normie? it's easy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

why was this game such a hit with the normie? it's easy, it looks like ass, it's full of boring filler like a billion draugr tombs, the dungeon all look and feel the same and most of them have that stupid claw puzzle, there is no real plot of sort either

i just don't get it
>>
>>380262110
didn't even play it, when I heard some normalfag 15yo mexican cunt female pot smoker said it was her favorite game i dropped it at the second. Fallout is much better.
>>
>>380262110
it's a literal meme
DUDE DRAGONS LMAO
DUDE EPIC LMAO
>>
It's like people have different tastes
>>
Name another first person open world fantasy series.
>>
>>380262110
The other eldar scrolls where so clunky it was next to unplayable.
>>
>>380262296
>didn't even play it
>fallout is much better
wew fucking lad.
I'll let you in on a little secret;
they're both casual trash you faggot.
>>
>>380262110
It just works
>>
>>380262110
It's normie garbage for the masses. Like bacon, marvel movies, any fallout game, etc.
>>
>>380262110
marketing
>>
Skyrim isn't a bad game, /v/ hates everything and refuses to have fun with popular games. See Overwatch threads for a similar amount of bitching and complaining.
>Looks better than modded oblivion
>Atmospheric
>Magic has never been better
I also personally really liked the perk system rather than a straight 1-100 skill progression
>>
Its a modding playground, basically the best there is
>>
File: save me.png (133KB, 331x246px) Image search: [Google]
save me.png
133KB, 331x246px
I still haven't finished the main story in skyrim yet
>>380262882
the perk system is stupid, there's no granularity to it
it's a lot more fun to slow level up enchanting instead of just being the best at it after leveling up a few times
>>
Normalfags value style over substance.
>>
>>380262110
For normies it's a good game, you can do a lot of things and exploration. Crawling around with stealth archer build is why some players spend 100+ hours on it.
>>
>>380262851
>Like bacon
kys mohammet
>>
>>380262110
MARKETING
>>
Pretty simple, it streamlined TES enough to give the illusion of choice whilst having solid enough gameplay for an Open World Fantasy Action Adventure game.

To many people this was their first interaction with fantasy action adventure games, the illusion of choice only cemented its position ("it's an RPG!" "I can be a mage, or a thief character!" "I can change my race and side with any faction!")
>>
>>380262110
Honestly, the Mods are the only thing that keep me coming back. That, and there won't be another Elder Scrolls title not named ESO for a while. I am mildly excited to try the game in VR though.
>>
>>380263151
Yes its to fast.
The perk system sure beats the shit out of the boring point system. Like who thought speed should be a skill.
>>
Fus Roh Dah :DDDDD
>>
>>380262882
magic is god awful what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>380262882
>muh grafix
>Can't even make your own spells
>>
To someone who can't see through the shallow shitty mechanics, it's a game where
>you can do everything
Plus it's super easy to get into, and it gives you a sense of steady progress without requiring you to make too much of an effort. It's the perfect game to play after a long day of brain-skewering work.
>>
File: 1496934282840.jpg (961KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496934282840.jpg
961KB, 1920x1080px
waifus
but normies don't mod their games, they actually play it on consoles
>>
>>380264296
what is the name of this waifu
asking for myself because I'm gonna fap to her
>>
>>380264067
Dual summoning atronachs is awesome
Heals that fill stamina are great
Kameha ultimate lightning spell is badass
>>
File: 102385.jpg (905KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
102385.jpg
905KB, 1920x1080px
>>380264458
http://imgur.com/a/az6cW
this is all there is
>>
>>380264105
I did have to mod in a spell maker, you have me there
>>380264067
Compared to Morrowind and Oblivion this magic system is straight up much more fun. Can you name a game where a high level spell feels as satisfying to cast?

>>380263151
Yer being a bitch, the ability to actually do and customize my character rather than choose 7 skills at the beginning is phenomenal. Having perks means your powers change in a meaningful way when you level up a tree, not just 'Move sideways and attack to do a move now that you're Blades is 75'
>>
If they actually had variations in their quests and a non shitty combat system it would be alright.
>>
>>380262110
You just somewhat answered your own question anon

>Easy to get into for retards (normies)
>Repetitive content alike to sport games or shooters (Look up "my bf plays call of duty while ignoring me ;_;")
>No plot, hence little pressure for the brain
>Simple puzzles to monetize on the rapid ADD diagnosis spread on many kids
>>
>>380265195
The high level magic is fucking trash
>>
>>380266248
>He didn't grow up watching Dragonball Z
Disagreed. You going to do anything other than sit there like
>Posting on /v/ is absolute trash
>Making points and explaining them is absolute trash
>The tastes and opinions of every other person is absolute trash
>>
>>380262882

Your kind needs to be eradicated.
>>
>Magic system is better
>No spellmaking

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SKYRUNTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS
>>
>>380265195
Maybe it's a mod I have enabled, since I never played vanilla Oblivion, but the fact that you can hotkey spells and cast them while you're still holding a sword and shield makes it better than Skyrim regardless of how much flashier it is.
>>
>>380267128
He's sort of correct, the spells in Skyrim are more diverse overall and grant lots of new abilities completely lacking in older games, the lack of customization is pretty shit but it's not like customization was useful for doing anything other than gaming the games magic system or making more powerful versions of the spells you outgrew.
>>
>>380267328
Not a mod. There is a dedicated button to casting spells, but the other downside of Oblivion is that that's the only way you'll ever cast spells. People thought Oblivion customization system was trash where you could not wear clothing under armor or equip separate pauldrons or robes over armor, but Skyrim managed to be even worse and then you have deluded idiots with buyer's remorse or shills trying to defend and justify these "improvements".
>>
>>380262110
Blackreach makes the game 10/10
>>
>>380267128
Oblivion and Morrowind cotton balls flying in slow motion WERE so much better, you're right anon.

Fuck off, sky rims magic put a lot of effort into look, sound and feel a lot more powerful than previous games and the spells are a lot more useful and fitting to different play styles than they could be before.
You sincerely in love with oblivion casting?
>>
>>380267529
>the spells in Skyrim are more diverse overall

Wrong.

>and grant lots of new abilities completely lacking in older games

Wrong.

>but it's not like customization was useful

Anyone saying that has no business playing roleplaying games and his opinions should be immediately discarded. Customization and variety is always good. No matter if it's "sub optimal" or not. The magic system of Morrowind is still unsurpassed, where your success as a spellcaster depended on YOUR actual intelligence as a player as much as it did on the intelligence stat of your character.
>>
>>380262386
You're probably right about this. As much as I love old ES games if you go back and play them after playing Skyrim, you can understand. It might have cut a few too many corners off for my personal taste, but the menus are a lot better, the perks system is nicer, and it's just a lot more polished all together. Now is Skyrim my personal fav? No. But I will say that I have sunk a substantial amount of time in it as well.
>>
>>380267886
I feel like I have become dumber having read this post. What has fucking happened to this place when the likes of you are not shouted down and ran out immediately, the moment you make your idiocy known by displaying it.
>>
>>380267910
No I'm correct on all accounts, actually look at the games and compare spell effects then kill yourself when you realize that I'm right. You can also count shout effects too since that's all magic and sheeit.

I never said customization was bad, but Morrowind/Oblivions implementation of customization is shit.
>>
>>380268028
>the menus are a lot better

I sure love those empty spaces and having to scroll through four tabs every time I need to look at something elsewhere.
>>
>>380262110
>why was this game such a hit with the normie? >it's easy
you just answered yourself
>>
>>380268028
Yeah but Skyrim's inventory system was fucking atrocious. I remember the menus being a lot better even in Morrowind.
>>
>>380262495
new vegas isn't casual trash
>>
>>380268158
Unlike you, I actually did that, which is why my opinion on the matter is informed, while yours is not. Morrowind and Oblivion at least attempted to implement customization, while Skyrim has none at all. And the perk system is just a poor replacement for the linear character growth that was based on stat and skill growth.
>>
>>380268385
You're right it's just a broken mess of code that could have been something great.
>>
>>380268260
>>380268371
Sorry anons, I completely forgot about the days when ES pandered to their target platform instead of console
>>
>>380262110
Highly streamlined version of a true RPG but with pretty okay exploration so the average 100~IQ normie can enjoy for hours and hours.

PC players also have more mods to choose from than the number of jews killed in the holocaust which helps.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.