[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Remakes of old games is now E3 bragworthy and something people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

File: shadow-of-the-colossus-e3-2017.png (480KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
shadow-of-the-colossus-e3-2017.png
480KB, 970x545px
>Remakes of old games is now E3 bragworthy and something people endorse.

Fuck this cancerous culture and fuck anyone who supports it.

Endless sequels really wasn't bad enough was it? Instead let's just settle for literally the same game we already played but with updated visuals. Look at the fucking state of this industry, it's so risk averse and creatively bankrupt that we have to go back and dust off old classics and present them as a big deal.

If your dream game is simply an old game with updated graphics then seriously go fuck yourself.
>>
Salty salty salty anti-sony loser.

When will they learn? Sony always winds baby!
>>
It's not culture it's economics.

If we are only going to be getting remasters to fill the space between actual exclusives, big or exciting games, and we are, then they might as well be great ones like SOTC
>>
File: H2_anniversary_e3.jpg (75KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
H2_anniversary_e3.jpg
75KB, 1920x1080px
>it's okay if anyone does it but Sony
>>
I never got to play the original so this is cool as far as I'm concerned. Also it looks like a top quality remake. If it was such a great game, this is a good thing. Granted, not as exciting as a new IP, but not something to spit on either.
>>
>>380259984
>most other games are simply "HD" resolution upscalers being sold (PC emulators being sold to console tards
>first game to finally take an old game and redo the entire thing
>WAHHH WHY THE FUCK ARE ALL GAMES DOING THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN IT NEVER STOPS.

Calm your autism. You literally ignored all the other games that got announced and got triggered about one game.
>>
Don't buy it then fag
>>
I don't know if any of you have played throw SotC in recent years but I see nothing wrong with giving it an HD remake, it was not exactly a high fidelity game to begin with and its still good enough to be played seriously today
>>
Nintendo will have a remake announced, and everyone will go fucking insane for it. Mark my words.
Fucking hypocrits.
>>
There are Modders who shred their asses over years to visually update some old classic that is dear to them, the industry is simply reacting to that and offer the people what they want.

Remember, remastered films are sold since a long time.
>>
>>380260151
It's always nice to know that some anons on /v/ are still quoting Chad Warden in 2017.

Love you guys, don't ever change.
>>
>>380260539
Didn't Nintendofans get so happy about the OoT 3D remake, they actually made a petition for MM 3D, which eventually even happened?
>>
File: 20118168234_1.jpg (25KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
20118168234_1.jpg
25KB, 640x360px
They went and completely remade a game from the ground-up that didn't even look that bad to begin with.

What a stupid waste of money, talent and time.
>>
>>380260539
Nintendo does nothing but rehashes for 30 years and everyone is riding their dick. That company literally survives on nostalgia and the fact that they were first. It's pure cancer.
>>
>>380260879
Bluepoint is using this remake as a stepping stone to make Shadow of the Colossus 2 next.
>>
>>380260463
It already had an HD remake that was a massive improvement.
>>
File: 1497302019819.jpg (812KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497302019819.jpg
812KB, 1920x1080px
>>380259984
I guaranfuckingtee you guys that this exact same poster also constantly bitches about "indie shit"
>>
Here's my take on remakes.
It's fine if you remake a game, but if it's just the same game with better graphics, that's not enough. There should be something new added, like cut content not in the original or some new after game stuff.
I don't care if you remake a game, as long as you give me a good enough reason to buy the same thing twice. "Better graphics" doesn't matter.
>>
>>380259984
Legit the only thing I am interested in throughout the entirety of reveals this year
>>
These people legit get mad at these things

You seriously need to re-think your life. We all kinda do, since we're in this shithole

But you are a step above
>>
>>380261117
For what? PS3? I don't know anon, I'm not upset about this like some children are making themselves.
>>
>>380260212
>it's okay to be cuck if you'll get pussy time-to-time
>>
>>380259984
Mario Kart 8 is fine though?
>>
>>380260279
>Also it looks like a top quality remake

It looks like they fucked up the animations. Do yourself a favor and just emulate the original.
>>
>>380261101
Oh god we can only hope

Honestly I have the same theory about beyond good and evil 2. They been stalled from making a title for so long, trying to make a direct sequel with heavy story ties to a game that is a cult classic would mean death. BGE is amazing. But it's been years and half the people on here complaining probably didn't even think of the game until 2 got announced. Starting with one that in the same universe and that everyone can pick up is smarter.
>>
Did you retards seriously forget this game already had a remake on ps3? Why do we need yet another remake?
>>
>>380261375
I'm not upset, it's just a waste of dev time.

I love the game and it was already a huge success originally. Then it got an HD remaster so it could be played easily on modern screens. Now it gets another one? People have already played it one or two versions, is a third time really necessary? Maybe if they added all the unused colossi it would be worthwhile.
>>
File: 1369883831200.jpg (234KB, 658x681px) Image search: [Google]
1369883831200.jpg
234KB, 658x681px
>>380262408
>>380261101
>>380260879
>new studio remakes older game to go through process of understanding how the game was made and why it was made the way it was.
>improves their understanding of the game to make a proper sequel

I don't mind this.
>>
>>380259984
They are called VIDEO games for a reason. The most important part is being able to experience the narrative and updated visuals help you do that better.

I just hope they simplify the controls in this one. Playing the game can distract the player from the experience.
>>
>>380259984
looks worse than the ps2
>>380261101
but that's a terrible fucking idea
SotC was the perfect storm of just the right things going right and wrong for it to be as perfect as it is
>>
>>380259984
>remakes that already had a HD release and the core game mechanics are so simple that a remake can't expand upon the formula
The people excited for this will throw their money at anything. Even the PS2 version still holds up.
>>
>>380262784
>Remake fucking game yet again
>Don't add any new content
>Don't add the cut colossi that is in the concepts that could easliy be added in
>hurr

Another fuckin cashgrab is what it is.
>>
Oh god please no I don't think my heart can handle the horror of the water colossus again.
>>
>>380259984

There are things I like and things I dont like
I like
My old games
I dont like
Current games
Getting a remake of my old favorite game is betetr than getting fucking nothing
I want l4d2 and Dark SOuls 2 remade
>>
>>380262784
I'm okay with this too if this is what happens. I agree with OP a little bit too though, the industry is fucking shit right now for many reasons.
>>
File: 1318396768202.gif (2MB, 347x222px) Image search: [Google]
1318396768202.gif
2MB, 347x222px
If your dream pizza is simply an old pizza with updated flavors then seriously go fuck yourself.
>>
Did TLG bomb so hard that they had to resort to this to stay relevant?
>>
Is there any screenshot comparison between the remake and the ps2 and ps3 remaster versions?
>>
>>380263487
Well they are certainly not letting the engine go to waste with only TLG.
>>
>>380262784
Why is gaming the only medium where this is seen as a good thing and masterpieces can't just stand on their own?
>>
>>380263365
Yeah you shouldn't be eating a decade old expired pizza simply because it has some new toppings on it you disgusting fuck.
>>
>>380259984
Honestly, i am positive about this announcement, simply because it means we could possibly get the missing colossi, essentially making it a new game.
>>
>>380260879
And it doesn't even look that good for current gen ...
Praey for the gods looks much better than this remake imo.
>>
>>380264654
Yeah it needs more lens flares n shit
>>
>>380261101
Oh god please not.
A game with similar boss battles, sure, but a sequel to sotc, that's a terrible idea.
>>
>>380264142
its not though, even books do this. So many stories are just retellings of other stories.
Are you saying plays should only have allowed Shakespeare to do his plays and no one in the future can do them again?

or are you forgetting that the movie industry does it and people still go see the movies? Even music reuses the same beats.

Theres infinite possibilities but only a specific amount appeal to things people like.
>>
>>380261117

No it wasn't.

You stupid fuck.

I know for a FACT you didn't even play the game based on that statement.
>>
File: upxkWCL.png (286KB, 920x264px) Image search: [Google]
upxkWCL.png
286KB, 920x264px
>Remake completely butchers the original artstyle.

These kind of overhauls shouldn't happen unless the original creators feel they have something to add, like with Resident Evil Remake.

Stick to updated resolutions and framerates you hacks.
>>
I can't fucking believe sony sheep are actually excited and hyped for a remaster of a remaster you had a decade to play this fucking game if you haven't done so by now you never will.
>>
>>380263003

Confirm this.
>>
>>380260258
Well Nintendo actually retunes everything for the new generation, and in cases like 3DS remakes, well....completely remakes their entire graphics and mechanics.

So what IS Microsoft's and Sony's excuse.
>>
>>380265173
And how do you jump to that conclusion? Because I don't hold a remaster to the same imaginary standards as you? Only thing wrong with the original was the framerate.
>>
File: 1477804315969.jpg (17KB, 335x378px) Image search: [Google]
1477804315969.jpg
17KB, 335x378px
No one should ever buy a non backwards compatible console
>>
File: 1466498449938.gif (1MB, 430x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466498449938.gif
1MB, 430x360px
>>380260151
> winds
What did he mean by this?
>>
then fuck off...?
>>
I don't mean to be rude, but this is why i prefer PC. Rehashing a title over and over for newer generations won't work unless done right. But even then PCs aren't 100% sacred. the gaming community is going to shit because of scumbags who think that, just because a part of their community is kids, they should pander to them.

TL;DR: We're fucked. In the asshole.
>>
>>380265147
Retellings are a completely different thing. I have no problem with something like Voodoo Macbeth or Ulysses. Those are celebrations of masterpieces and have their own artistic merit.

And the movie industry doesn't do this. If Universal announced that they were working on Citizen Kane 2, and it wasn't some kind of parody, people would be rightfully disgusted.
>>
>>380268098
>movie industry doesn't do this
>monster movie remakes
>godzilla remakes
>disney remakes
>list goes on
>>
it's the epitome of muh graphics
>>
>>380268475
Notice those are all pulp series or children's movies that had endless sequels to begin with. There's nothing to sully.
>>
>>380260258
That shadow of the colossus looks like a full remake in a new engine and not just a remaster. Better than those Zelda remakes with better textures.
>>
I figured /v/ would be all over this

>Game doesn't emulate well as far as I can remember
>Original had framerate issues, didn't look that great even for the time, kind of clunky
>While it has cult status, most didn't play it
>Remake looks extremely faithful to the source material while giving it a modern polish and fresh coat of paint.

I mean I'm against remakes/remasters of most games, even the new crash, but I saw this and was somewhat excited, then I come here and everyone is completely shitting on it.
What gives?
>>
>>380265175
>>Remake completely butchers the original artstyle.
this pisses me off too
This SOTC remake looks nice but it doesnt look like SOTC
>>
>>380259984
>Fuck this cancerous culture and fuck anyone who supports it.
Fuck your cancerous thinking, fuck your cancerous culture and fuck anyone who supports it.

>You like Superman? Fuck you for wanting remakes and more stories about him, you should try something new like Ultraman. At least THAT'S ORIGINAL!

OP, confirmed retarded.

Today, nothing is fully original. Everthing is copied, reshaped and given small changes so it's not labeled plagiarism.

>Instead let's just settle for literally the same game we already played but with updated visuals.
If you only played game once without replaying it, then you're not a gamer.

If you never had a favorite game from the past and replayed it time and time again, then you should stop playing video games completely OP.
>>
>>380269871
>Doesn't look like SOTC

What the fuck are we on about?
What art style?
Brown and bland with shitty ps2 graphics?

Get over yourself you stupid fuckwits jesus christ.
>Hurr durr shill

No I'm just sick of this place and wonder why I keep coming back.
>>
>>380259984
>xbots constantly hyping up and begging for a halo 3 anniversary remaster
>doesnt happen
>instead sotc remaster happens, fans love it but xbots are forced to hate it just to help cope with their depression
LET ME SAY IT AGAIN, ITS OKAY WHEN UNCLE PHILLY DOES IT.

Pathetic.
>>
What if it has extra bosses?
Sotc had tons of cut content.
>>
>>380269265
>childrens movies and pulp series
>puts SotC on the same level as Citizen Kane.

Its funny because the people praising Citizen Kane that led you to having the same praise of it being a masterpiece, would laugh at you for thinking it was on the same level.

Now to wait as you try to claim its masterpiece status in a round about way that ends up as it being a "classic" which is what all the movies i mentioned are.
>>
>>380270357
That would be some good ass shit, but I highly doubt they will add anything new except for the graphics...
>>
>>380259984
As someone who already owns the HD collection on PS3, this really pisses me off. Why devote the resources to remaking a game that is already perfectly playable and looks fine? If they add new stuff to it I might be interested but it's being made by the people who only ported it, not the people who made the original game, so I doubt it will.
>>
>>380270282
Team Ico games have very recognisable lighting, shading and use of color

It's not my fault if you are to low iq to see the difference
>>
>>380270461
>Its funny because the people praising Citizen Kane that led you to having the same praise of it being a masterpiece, would laugh at you for thinking it was on the same level.

Citizen Kane has had decades of meticulous study dedicated to it. No shit film critics laugh at anyone trying to validate video games as an artform and quite frankly they're right to do so with the shit that goes on in this medium.

>Now to wait as you try to claim its masterpiece status in a round about way that ends up as it being a "classic" which is what all the movies i mentioned are.

They're classics. They're not masterpieces. Are you really saying you don't see the difference between the new Mummy movie and a hypothetical Citizen Kane remake/sequel?
>>
>>380271054
>Overdone bloom and fog to hide shitty ps2 draw distance and lighting
>Desaturated muted colors for the most part
>Green tint
>All of which you could still see in the new trailer but done more tastefully as graphics have advanced

Fuck off
>>
this shit sucks
>>
>>380269691
Did everyone start playing videogames in the past year or something?
>>
>>380271743
It just looks like the default lighting and shading of an unreal engine project

They have got the sky wrong, the sky was weird colours, and the light coming through would blur the edges of the clouds. They have just gone for a generic realistic sky

The bloom lighting and halo effect around characters seems to be gone or diminished, dunno how to put it into words the lighting it just off

remade animations are lame aswell

Everything looks very grey
>>
>>380271727
>They're classics. They're not masterpieces. Are you really saying you don't see the difference between the new Mummy movie and a hypothetical Citizen Kane remake/sequel?

Read what I said again, I agree they are classics and not masterpieces, and I have the same feeling towards SotC. Its on you to argue that SotC being remade is any different from any of the movies i mentioned being remade.
Which is kind of hard to do since your first point proved my point. The industry and other artforms takes video games the same as childrens movies, cult classics, or pulp fiction.

So complaining that its being remade is the same as complaining that the mummy is being remade.
And to go back to the original point, video games aren't the only industry that does constant remakes.
>>
File: 1411400201536.png (928KB, 840x628px) Image search: [Google]
1411400201536.png
928KB, 840x628px
>>380259984
You can fuck right off if you don't like it, 2001 born fagglet.
Whether it's Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft. I don't give a fuck.
When they do remakes of beloved masterpieces and classics I am not able to play on modern hardware anymore I'm absolutely supporting that and actually want more of it.

Games like Crash, Resident Evil REmake, REmake 2 and SotC deserve to be discovered by newer generations of people who maybe don't even know those games existed prior to it.
Now go back playing your annual COD trash you cock sucker.

F-Zero GX Remake by Nintendo when?
>>
>>380261936
>WELL IF WE ALLOW REMASTERS OF VIDEO GAMESWE MIGHT AS WELL ALLOW REAL PROPLE TO GET THEIR WIFE FUCKED BY OTHER MEN WHILE THEY WATCH HUH?
it's always the cuckold """analogy"""
>>
File: 1466225961706.jpg (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1466225961706.jpg
27KB, 200x200px
>>380272928
>past out
>>
>>380272618
>And to go back to the original point, video games aren't the only industry that does constant remakes.

My original point was that video game consumers are the only ones that sees remakes/sequels of masterpieces as a good thing, not that it's the only one with remakes/sequels. Obviously other mediums have their fair share shit like Harry Potter or Capeshit.

As for your other points, you're right. It's difficult to put into words why SotC should be allowed to exist without tactless cash-grabs like this clinging to it's legacy.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.