[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are all you faggots whining, this looks fun. if the swinging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8

why are all you faggots whining, this looks fun. if the swinging is on par with 2 then it will be really great.

>inb4 muh bahman gameplay

how does a developer acheive insanely crazy strung combos and strange moves without a mortal kombat sized move list where you'll end up pressing up down x x x o x o l1 r1 just to do one move ?

ALSO

>implying it will be this cinematic at release

it's a fucking e3 demo
>>
>Don't judge a game by its marketing!

Sorry, what they showed looked like QTE trash.

Until they prove that it isn't that is what it'll be.
>>
>>380252125
>you'll end up pressing up down x x x o x o l1 r1 just to do one move
That sounds like fun. A lot of fun, actually. I'd rather actually have to pay attention to the game I'm playing and learn how to string my attacks together to defeat enemies instead of "press X to awesome" cutscene driven ""gameplay"". This is a product for your typical capeshit consuming non-gamer.
>>
>>380252415
and i like it :)
>>
anyone has the combo list from spiderman 2?
>>
>>380252280
>>380252415
>>380253090
>>380253394
contrarian faggots

>m-muh QTE

yet most of /v/ considers RE4 to be one of the best games ever even though its laden with shitty QTE

what did you all mean by this ?
>>
>bam ham combat
>moon swinging
>QTEs
>everything is a cinematic set piece
>we wuz spiderkangz
>>
>>380254031
>RE4 - QTEs add gameplay(well, it's just pressing a button in time but still) to cutscenes, rest of gameplay unaffected
>most games - QTE replaces gameplay
>>
>>380252125
>unironically looking forward to movie shovelware games
>>
>>380254031
>what did you all mean by this ?
You are a faggot who spouts memes every chance you get. Kill yourself.
>>
>>380254235
>>moon swinging
It didn't look like moon swinging.
>>
File: Silk.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Silk.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>380252125
This anon gets the point.
>>
>>380252125
Have you ever tied enemies to street poles in Spider Man 2?
>>
>>380254762
Not in the beginning, but near the end of the trailer there was, IIRC.
>>
>>380252125
I am ok with Batman combat.

What I didn't like that the flow of gameplay was constantly stopped by appearing QTE.

I don't want this.
I don't want it to be a semi interactive cutscene.
Shooting Webs while Helicopter is falling while swinging would be just fine by me.
>>
Spiderman was one of the games I was most hyped for. I'm tempted to trade in my ps4 for the Xbox. That sea of thieves looks good, forza I wanna play. Is that metro game an exclusive?
>>
>>380255529
>Is that metro game an exclusive?
It's multiplat anon
>>
>>380252125
>if the swinging is on par with 2
It clearly isn't.
>>
>>380255064
No their wasn't
>>
>>380252125
I just wish they should what game play looked like out of big story scenes. My money on it's really only this "cinematic" during story missions.

At least it isn't moon swinging, I'm not sure how yall can already say the physics are shit. I need to actually play the game before can make those kinda judgements
>>
>>380257038
I think there was. Weren't there moments where the web was going straight up? I would like to be proven wrong however.
>>
>>380257418
They are backed up by Sony, what do you expect?

It's like Uncharted cinematics applied on Arkham Knight.
>>
File: 1459495286392.jpg (36KB, 276x276px) Image search: [Google]
1459495286392.jpg
36KB, 276x276px
>>380252125
>Arkham clone
>Cinematic
>QTE's
>Ridiculously underpowered Spiderman
>fucking Yuri Lowenthal
>shoehorning Miles Morales
YOU TAKE YOUR AAA ANAD MARVEL AND YOU SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS
>>
>>380252125
Having to PLAY my video game? Sounds awful. Thank goodness the devs are looking out for me :DDD
>>
>>380257664
Idk man I watched it all three times. (I'm a shitty spider fan boy) and didn't notice any web that seemed to just go into the sky
>>
>>380257418
>I'm not sure how yall can already say the physics are shit.

Because we want momentum in web swinging. Like if Spidey jumps and fall faster then stick his web, the swinging motion would be faster.
>>
>>380258012
Honestly I don't give a shit I'd the missions have little cinematic takedowns. I just hope the roaming game play is more like spider-man 2
>>
>>380258334
I watched it only once, so probably you are right.
>>
>tfw no Superman game where you have to actively throttle your powerlevel to combat a given problem or you end up destroying shit, which results in a game over
>>
>>380254297
okay how about bayonetta and yakuza?
>>
File: 6c9.gif (3MB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
6c9.gif
3MB, 390x293px
>>380252125
>reveal trailer is shown
>"hmm, this looks pretty good, i wonder how they will translate this to gameplay"
>QTEs
>>
>>380252125
Showing QTEs (which probably won't be in the game) during an E3 gameplay demo is simply moronic.
>>
>>380258673
>which probably won't be in the game

Anon...
>>
>>380254235
>we wuz spiderkangz

For the last fucking time its been confirmed that Peter Parker is the protag. They even gave his fucking age. 23
>>
>>380258352
Eh. I'm going to wait to see how the game actually plays. Not gonna base my opinion on something that loops like it could be directed/altered just to look better as a trailer.
>>
why not have different options on where to shoot your web when swinging instead of mashing 1 button? at least give us 2 different choices so we can at have some sort of control
>>
>>380259186
Is that even confirmed to be how it works?
>>
>>380254031
Re4 was great inspite of the qtes bot because of them you faggot
>>
The target of this game isnt /v/. Its for teenagers. It will make a lot of money. That said I'm sad we don't get a proper spiderman game.
>>
>>380259696
>Implying /v/ isn't full of teenagers
>>
File: 9S.jpg (182KB, 850x1360px) Image search: [Google]
9S.jpg
182KB, 850x1360px
>>380252125
>Spiderman's VA is 9s
Neat
>>
>>380259359
So then why can't this be good despite the qte? Which honestly I don't care if there is qte cut scenes.

I see people screaming qte at the web zip icon and the eviroment interaction stuff. I thinks it's fine to be able to see what you'd actually be jumping too
>>
>>380259892
Isn't it sasuke from Naruto too? I think he's pretty big in anime English dubbing
>>
>unironically advocating for brain-dead combat

I wish I could meet you in real life so I could slap you in the ear
>>
>>380259931
There were more qte in this 10 minute clip than in the entirety of RE4
>>
>>380259892
He said in a stream he wanted to voice a Marvel character
>>
>>380252125
REMINDER that Spiderman caused more damage to the city by interfering and attaching that fucking generator to the helicopter which also caused the giant crane to almost crash to the ground than just letting the helicopter go and closely following behind it to the villain's hideout

REMINDER that Spiderman caused more damage to the city by interfering and attaching that fucking generator to the helicopter which also caused the giant crane to almost crash to the ground than just letting the helicopter go and closely following behind it to the villain's hideout

>>
>>380260031
Yeah I think you're right. Honestly that's a huge plus for me. He has a good voice for spiderman.
>>
>>380252125
it does look better than most spiderman games
too bad all of them are shit
>>
>>380252125
Does look like batman gameplay, but that's not a bad thing. That was a well received series.

It looks fun, but it's going to be hard to maneuver spidey quickly without advance knowledge of the level design.

The Sony conference actually had a lot of hype shit. I counted at least 5 playable games.
>>
>>380260651
Sony was better so far in my opinion. Nintendo will probably not beat them, beacuse Nintendo does not seem to hold E3 as highly as other companies. All I except from nintendo is ports and doing that "...and it will be playable right after this video" trick for zelda dlc
>>
>>380259892
>Spiderman goes full nuclear after Black Cat kills MJ after she got infected by a symbiote
>>
>>380260651
I just want to see some gameplay outside of story missions. I'm okay with qte in cinematic parts of the game as long as the roaming gameplay is fun. Also the combos and swinging looks cool.
>>
>>380261158
>I'm okay with qte
Fucking kill yourself, and your family
>>
File: 1490468736158.png (484KB, 806x524px) Image search: [Google]
1490468736158.png
484KB, 806x524px
>>380261119
>>
>>380261362
It's actually "I'm okay with qte in cinematic cutscenes"

Neckbeards sperging out as usually.
>>
>>380260031
Yuri Lowenthal is basically the Nolan North or Troy Baker of English Anime Dubs. He's been in damn near everything
>>
>>380260957
Not even interested in a Nintendo conference desu. The switch is not interesting to me, so I'll only be caring about 3ds content.

I expect maybe 1 or 2 3ds games that look decent.

Say what you will about your impressions of the games/trailers, but Sony did their conference right. Maybe 5-10 minutes of talking and more than an hour showcasing the games.
>>
>>380255529
PS4's releases for this year alo e have eclipsed xbone's entire library. Not one thing they showed can't be played on pc. Why trade in the best console for the worst one?
>>
>>380252125
>Complaining about combos
Spider-Man 2 had a combo move list the size of a fucking planet, I still remember the input for hanging a guy from a street light to turn him into a punching bag.
>>
>>380252125
Interactive movie dogshit infested with quick time events, I wouldn't even play it if it was free, no thanks.
>>
>>380254235
Even if it was Miles, if the presence of a black person impedes your enjoyment of media in any way, shape, or form you're a fucking sad moron.
>>
>>380260381
I thought it was a little weird when Spidey was running though a coffee shop and wrecking the place for no apparent reason in the first trailer but this is just getting silly. At least it's pretty obvious why people call him a fucking menace.
>>
I don't mind QTE for huge cool looking setpieces on occasion. So long as the whole game isn't like that constantly.
>>
File: 34523652777.jpg (96KB, 961x759px) Image search: [Google]
34523652777.jpg
96KB, 961x759px
>>380252125
You know, I wouldn't be so sour about the Bamham combat if it weren't for the flashy mini-cutscenes every time Spidey took someone down. Bamham at least had a very quick and fluid pace to it's combat, simple as it was. I just want a Spider-Man game with good combat for once. Web of Shadows and Spider-Man 2 came close.

And as far as swinging goes, I know that the webs looked like they were attaching to buildings, and I know that Insomniac said that swinging is physics based, but something about the swinging during that demo looked really stiff and flaccid. Like there weren't any subtle momentum changes depending on what building you were swinging from. It didn't look like you could convert forward momentum into vertical momentum like you could in the previous games. Skimming across different buildings looks like it sticks Spidey to it, messing with his momentum and straightening his direction. While not necessarily a bad thing, it looks like it could use some polish. And finally, there's this weird freeze-frame/buffer every time Spider-Man changes between actions like jumping from a web.

All in all, not impressed. Everything else, like the voice acting and the inevitable downgrade, is just the cherry on top. Maybe it'll get better, maybe it won't, either way, it feels like Insomniac has never played a Spider-Man game before. And you can tell because most of their interviews about the game have been story related.
>>
>press O to win combat
>Press QTEs to save the day
>Retarded stealth sections
If I wanted to play Arkham City I'd fucking play Arkham City, where the fuck are the chase sequences that Spider Man games are known for, why show this literal WB Games' open world ripoff???
Fanboys defending this shit are the cancer killing Vidya.
>>
>>380255529
Fuck that's I'm just gonna sell it and get a PC. I'm not falling for the western console meme anymore, im going back to PC+Nintendo
>>
>>380262827
>retarded stealth sections
Because Spider-man has never stalked anyone.
>where the fuck are the chases that Spider Man games are known for
>Judging an entire game based on 8 minutes of gameplay
And even during those 8 minutes there was a chase scene
>>
Well, at least this served to showcase how everyone hates Bamham combat. Looking forward to those mediocre sales so the industry can finally move on from the anti-gameplay format.
>>
>>380260651
>I counted at least 5 playable games.
I counted 0, the whole conference was nothing but cinematic press x for awesome garbage.
>>
>>380259892
it's not the same VA you mongs
>>
>>380259892
>>380260031
>>380260302
9s was voiced by Kyle McCarley
>>
>>380258560
there is you faggot
>>
>>380264945
Good games, Superman Returns was garbage.
>>
>>380260651
>Does look like batman gameplay, but that's not a bad thing. That was a well received series.
So it's okay to adopt the shitty mechanics of a series because it was well recieved? Jesus Christ, /v/
>>
>>380265778
Well it's ok to adopt the mechanics of XCOM and slap Mario's name on it :^)
And nowo ahead and cry b-but Nintendo
>>
>>380266545
who the fuck said anything about nintendo
>>
File: IMG_20170613_161606.jpg (156KB, 550x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170613_161606.jpg
156KB, 550x633px
Hey guys, i got my hands on a preview version of the game

It's shit
>>
>>380252125
It looks okay, but when "okay" is the highlight of your E3 conference, of course people are gonna be upset.
>>
>>380262061
What about the combo where you could gain infinite height by jumping off a guys head, pulling him to you while youre in the air and then repeat ad infinitum? Spider man doesnt kill but surely that guy was dead after falling 1,000 feet because you finally missed a button press.
>>
>>380252125
>capeshit
>>
>>380252125
>normal dudes need multiple hits to go down
Getting punched by spiderman should be like getting hit by a bus. How does this lore make any sense?
>>
>>380252125
This game is a straight up homage to the Nintendo 64 Spiderman game, my personal favorite one of all time, the first two take downs in the video are literally exact matches from the ones in the 64 game. The combat and building exploration is very similar too. This hyped me up beyond belief and I fucking hate superhero games nowadays.
>>
>>380262326
I'm actually not against Spidey, but it's painful when you know Spiderman in the comics would've handled things differently. He could have used spider-tracers for crying out loud and saved himself the trouble of going through that whole chase sequence
>>
>>380269421
It would be better to fight lots of dudes that fall from a couple punches instead desu.
>>
>>380269421
Gameplay concessions.
>>
>>380252125
The trailer had more QTEs than the same amount of time in Order 1886, and that alone makes the game absolutely worthless in my eyes
>>
>>380269421
Pete holds back against virtually everyone he fights because he doesn't want to cave their skulls in.
>>
>>380255529
>sea of thieves looks good
Holy shit, try to be less obvious with your shilling, cunt
>>
The only problem I had with it was swinging. It doesn't look like moonswinging, but it also looked pretty floaty. I won't know for sure until I play it though, it might be great.
>>
>>380263046
I'm gonna sell my 150 dollar console for a 7000 dollar PC! Who is with me Guys!
>>
>>380269421
muh ARKHAM COMBAT
>>
>>380252125

I'll reserve my judgment for when we get actual gameplay footage.
>>
>Press triangle to win every fight

when will this meme combat system die?
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.