[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>constant complaints about the forced diversity in western

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1467796745465.png (122KB, 492x152px) Image search: [Google]
1467796745465.png
122KB, 492x152px
>constant complaints about the forced diversity in western games, all of gaming declared dead
>staunch refusal to touch anything Japanese besides Metal Gear, Nintendo games, or Souls even though said games rarely have any forced diverstiy, and when they do, e.g., Tales of Berseria, it's executed well
Can someone explain? Why do we hate Japanese games so much here? You can say "their gameplay is shitty" but it's really not any worse than your average AAA game you complain about.
>>
>>380251857
Because the fucking stupid fuckstick jap fucking shits have shit fucking taste and are more likely to play mobile bullshit where they grind for gachapon roll bullshit to unlock a 0.0001% chance to get a marginally lewder .jpg outfit instead of playing actual games so eventually the Japanese scene will die out to to being forced to pander to the West.
>>
>>380252082
You're retarded.
>>
>>380251857
Not everyone here hates Japan games. There's 24/7 not XIVG threads mixed in with daily Danganronpa and Persona topics. It's E3 let people do their memeposts or whatever.
>>
File: Calvard when.png (77KB, 410x458px) Image search: [Google]
Calvard when.png
77KB, 410x458px
Calvard when?
>>
>>380252178
But most seem to.
>>
>>380252148
t. Kancolle-playing salaryman ant-person
Get fucked idiot.
>>
>>380252343
There's an audience for mobile but plenty of Nips play games on consoles and handhelds as well. Look at how successful the 3DS and Switch are, and even the PS4 in Japan. Heck even the Vita is still (somehow) alive there. It's not something that will completely or even mostly die, and Nips hardly care about designing their games to appeal to the west unless they're Inafune-addled Capcom, it's an afterthought if anything. It'll sell in Japan, and titles will get localized, all is right with the world.
>>
>>380252239
You could look at it this way. Anime themed games and visual novels are posted on /a/ and have active generals in /vg/. I don't know numbers but posters are split between three boards.
>>
>>380252660
I'm talking about /v/.

Not /a/. Not /vg/.
>>
>>380252705

Maybe because anime games are low budget shovelware. Why would you defend that? Even nepfags are only it for the characters.
>>
>>380252705
People who actively discuss positively about Japanese games are doing so in two other boards. You'll see more hate posted than praise because of that split.

To more specificly talk about /v/. I'm guessing the hate comes from the Nintendo Switch and the current number of eastern releases for the PS4. It's simply fun for posters to circlejerk whatever's currently doing well is a thought.
>>
>>380252705

Think about it this way. /v/ at the moment, is a commercial hub where east meets west and competition and comparisons always arise. Obviously, those who love to hate anything Japanese will do so in threads about Japanese games. I'm not sure if it's still true, but you're better off talking about a japanese game on /a/ or /jp/ because those boards are all about products from Japan.
>>
>>380253070
You can't generalize them all like that. Neptunia=/=the entire Japanese games market.

>>380253614
You can't talk about Japanese games on /a/ because it's the board for anime, not Japanese games. /vg/ is a cancerous circlejerk regardless of topic.
>>
>>380251857
I like both, though I tend toward Jap stuff for reasons. It depends entirely on the poster, with hate for Western and Japanese games being very vocal on both sides.

Some Jap threads get left alone though. Seems like people have mostly given up calling Persona shit, for example.
>>
>>380253767

But yes you can. Do you think people here really follow the rules? /a/ gets usual Kancolle, Touhou, and Neptunia threads. Back when Recettear released, it was also the best place to discuss the game because /v/ at the time was still dumbstruck that someone released an anime game on Steam for the first time and was filled with shitposting.
>>
>>380251857
People just don't like the aesthetic wich quickly becomes polarizing. Then you realize that on the other side that AAA western games all have the same GRITTY AND REALISTIC aesthetic, sometimes with cartoonish proportions to shake things up a bit.
I prefer japanese games though. The only western games I play are some FPS, strategy/simulation games and some indies. I've been tired of the open world collectathon formula since Skyrim.
>>
>>380251857
/jv/ and /wv/ when?
>>
>>380254673
Never ever because that would resolve too much shitposting
>>
>>380251857
>Why do we hate Japanese games so much here?
This isn't neogaf you dumb nigger. Fuck off. Most people can't read Japanese and most Japanese games aren't marketed here.
>>
>>380254673
>>380254707
>muh containment boards
Only works when you are given something a board that actually needs its own board. You're just splitting the board because it's shit by nature and that doesn't solve anything.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.