[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Monster Hunter "purists" everywhere online are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 539
Thread images: 57

File: DCKgqJPV0AAgCjc.jpg (195KB, 1200x802px) Image search: [Google]
DCKgqJPV0AAgCjc.jpg
195KB, 1200x802px
>Monster Hunter "purists" everywhere online are saying this game is "westernized garbage"

you purists can fuck off and suck my cock. this is the dream MH game.
>>
your dream is shit anon
>>
>yet another thread where a non-member of the community who has never touched a MH game tells long standing MH fans how their game should play

Okay.
>>
File: snake.jpg (34KB, 301x246px) Image search: [Google]
snake.jpg
34KB, 301x246px
>>380246063
>people that buy the same game over and over are afraid of change
Why does this not surprise me?
>>
>>380246407
What games do you like, anon? Would you like it if your favorite game suddenly had its core gameplay completely changed just for kicks? Would you like to see something you enjoy become a watered down imitation of what made you fall in love with the series in the first place?

No, of course you wouldn't. To say otherwise would be a blatant lie. Think before you speak next time.
>>
>much awaited HD MH still has ps2 graphics
I am laughing so fucking hard, this series is trash, Crapcom bringing this and mvc is just a slap in the face
>>
>>380246861
>maybe smug rhetorical questions that leave no room to debate will force my opinion
Think I'll side with OP on this one, MH purists seem like fags.
>>
File: 1485447308718.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485447308718.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>380246063
>non-member of the community
good to see fgc logic is spreading
>>
>>380247146
So you admit that you have no counterpoint and you're only here to shitpost?
>>
File: 1495625107620.png (134KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495625107620.png
134KB, 240x300px
>>380246861
Literally 1 trailer released and you're making huge judgement calls. Fuck off nig.
>>
>>380246063
>their game
Lol
>>
>>380247146
>Can't even find a counterpoint

Maybe you're the fag.
>>
Shit dream for a shit pleb.
>>
Do we know anything about the mechanics? How is it different?
>>
>>380245339
They're just mad because it's finally going to be a good game in the MH series and they're gonna lose their niche-ass artificial difficulty barrier, so they won't get to feel superior for autistically investing time gitting gud anymore.
>>
>>380246861
Reminds me of splinter cell. Point made, but I don't think new monster Hunter looks bad, but I get why long time fans would be pissed.
>>
I LOVE HORIZON
>>
>>380246063
Fuck off grandpa, nobody cares about call of duty of monster hunting
>>
>>380246063
I never understood this mentality. If it's not a real monster hunter game according to you then why don't you just skip it instead of whining online about it?
>>
>>380247769
>make a counter argument to a shit opinion
Why would he even bother
>>
The purist know shit.

According to the trailer for all we know is that they implemented mechanics but did not remove any.

You are not forced to jump or use the environment to hunt.

If you so desire you can kill monsters in the same old way that you've done 1000000 times before.

They are just haters that instead of being glad that the franchise is getting another game while their games remain untouched spout shit claiming to know more than the people working on the game.
>>
>>380246861
Except that the previous installments still exist.

I never quite understood the desire for new content in another installment with no change to anything in the game, and yet such an avid distaste for DLC from the core of this board. If there isn't some massive change to a game in the next installment, there is literally not reason to buy it. Just keep playing the old one.
>>
>>380247987
>if you don't like it just don't talk about it

that's retarded, this is a board for discussion, not for positive circlejerking, if you want that, go to reddit.
>>
>>380247436
The trailer shows a substantial departure from what the series traditionally offers. There's a difference between making tweaks and improvements to existing systems and completely throwing out what fans have come to expect and love from the series. When a new game from a series I enjoy is announced, I want to be excited and look forward to something I know I'll like. I don't like being made to question whether or not I want to continue to support a game which is gravitating away from core mechanics I enjoyed in previous installments.

Again, what games do you like? Why do you like those games? Would you still like those games if core mechanics were dropped in favor of radically different mechanics which don't mesh well with the established setting?

>>380247987
Because I enjoy Monster Hunter and I don't want to have something I enjoy taken from me, especially when it's being given to those who do not have the same passion for the series as I do.
>>
>>380248220
>if you don't like it just don't talk about it
I asked you why you don't skip it. As in simply not play it. I never said you are not allowed to talk about it.

>>380248251
>Because I enjoy Monster Hunter and I don't want to have something I enjoy taken from me
The main argument I read is that it's not a real monster hunter. Just treat it like it's not monster hunter then and your problem should be fixed.
>>
>>380248220
> This is a board for negative circle jerking, not positive circle jerking

You can't call bitching about change "discussion" and call welcoming change "circle jerking" unless you want your opinion discarded entirely.
>>
>>380245339
PC coming after console potential of mods this could be great for capcom like what the gta v community is like
>>
>Capcom changing the formula of a beloved game series that needed no changing
Because that worked so well the last times it happened, didn't it?
>>
>>380246861
Well i was a fallout fan pre-2008, i still can't forgive a single sperglord on the bethesda softworks team.
>>
>>380248393
good thing i did neither of those, learn to read.
>>380248358
>I never said you are not allowed to talk about it.
>why don't you just skip it instead of whining online about it?
>>
I'm still waiting to see the facts before I judge it.

It looks like MH, but I will say that something seems off.
>>
>>380248358
The developers have confirmed that this is not a spinoff title, so yes, it is a "real" Monster Hunter. I'm not going to plug my ears and pretend its something else, that's retarded.

I want to enjoy this new game, but after analyzing the information immediately presented to us, I have a lot of strong concerns. I'd like to write them off as unwarranted, but that's completely foolish. I want more information, especially if it can dispel my concerns, but as of now I can only cross my fingers and try to convince myself that these changes aren't going to compromise why I got into the series in the first place.
>>
>>380248251
> I don't want to share my passion with newcomers

That makes you a faggot. A completely abhorrent faggot that doesn't deserve your fucking passion. The greedy desire to close off your passion makes you a cancer to the community, and the main reason developers would rather leave you in the dust and cater to normalfags exclusively. Fuck you, you killed gaming.

I'm fucking glad you feel like shit about this. You deserve it. I hope it becomes more casualized than a Bethesda game you sack of shit.
>>
>>380246861
> autistic screeching intensifies
>>
>>380245339
>MMMM YES CAPCOM, PLEASE SHIT IN MY MOUTH SOME MORE!
Why the fuck are we infested with these reddit-tier faggots all of a sudden? Please just get the fuck out.
>>
Because the game is not announced for Nintendo.
>>
>>380248745
Every mechanic in previous games is in this.

You dont want stealth? Dont use it, I'm sure certain monsters will be vulnerable to it but If you are that hardcore I figure you dont have a problem soloing G ranks with green sword and shield.
>>
>>380248772
not that anon, but what he views as his passion is traditional monster hunter 1-4

the leaks said this game would be targeting a western audience I.E not the audience of monster hunter 1-4

so it isn't "his passion" that is being shared, it's going to be an extremely casualized version of monster hunter (assuming from the leak of course, we don't know for certain yet)

and if it succeeds, then the trend of modern gaming will continue and further iterations of the series will be even further dumbed down until its a shadow of its former self

Of course all of this is all assuming a great deal when we really don't know much at all about the game just yet.
>>
Just play the old games like you've been doing for the past 10 years instead of bitching.
>>
>>380248772
If newcomers want to join the community, they are more than welcome to. There's nothing stopping them from picking up the game and playing. If they have no interest, then that's fine too, nobody is making them.

The problem stems from taking a game which has a long standing and established fanbase and greatly changing core aspects the fanbase has developed fondness for. All this does it cause unrest among those in the fanbase. The newcomers (assuming this is their first exposure) now have an inaccurate view of what the core values of the game were once about, and are disconnected from the rest of the community. Those who still do not care for the games will remain on the outside (except now they just shitpost for the sake of causing drama) and still do not join in.

Nobody benefits from something like this. Well, nobody except those who like starting console war threads.
>>
>>380249567
What about those like me that stopped playing after MHFU since the series became a cashgrab with absolutely no innovation and relied on their stupid fanbase to buy the game regardless of how little changes there are?
>>
World was made for a Western audience who don't understand why zones are broken up like they are and people too fucking stupid to understand the very difficult concept of 'move away from the giant shrieking rampage beast before using a potion.' I dunno if that was supposed to be Royal Ludroth towards the end or what. Is this a tie-in to the godawful-sounding movie?

Monster Hunter World seems like it's the Final Fantasy Mystic Quest of Monster Hunter games.

We'd better not be getting this over Double Cross. If XX gets localized, this trash heap can do whatever it wants.
>>
>>380245339
>hurr people who like monster hunter dont like this game
>i hate monster hunter but i like this game because it's nothing like monster hunter durr
>>
ITT faggots who bought a switch and now their meme machine is pointless when every other console, including pc, is getting a MH game.

eat shit
>>
>Heavy Bowgun spraying bullets like an SMG
>hunter can move WHILE shooting
What next? Will they make it so you can move while doing the GS charge attack? Fucking disgusting
>>
>>380249890
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "absolutely no innovation" in terms of evolving the series. Each game adds a bit more depth to every weapon's combat abilities and gives those who use those weapons more options and variety in their play. Improving monster designs, animations, and hit detection are also positive improvements made over time. I can see how the "release game and then the definitive edition later" marketing approach can seem like a cash grab, but that isn't really what the argument being made here is.

For the record, I'm of the opinion that Generations/XX are mediocre games and that Hunting Arts are a detriment which make the implementation of styles look worse due to their inclusion.
>>
I'm cautiously optimistic. All we can really do is wait and see how it actually plays.
I've always thought the idea of an open world MH in which you actually stalk and hunt monsters sounded neat. The trailer was lackluster because it was hard to tell what the combat was actually like. I wasn't wowed by the MH4 trailer, but I ended up putting hundreds of hours into 4U. It all just depends on whether or not they preserve the core combat mechanics.
But considering they're coming out with another 'normal' MH game later this summer, even if MHW is hot garbage it doesn't really matter. If it really is a huge departure, im sure they'll keep making standard MH games, too.
>>
>>380245339
Apparently the idea of playing Monster Hunter on a real controller is just too much for these "purists" to handle. It's ok though, they can stick to their casual handhelds while we enjoy the real game.
>>
File: 1496107224974.png (626KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496107224974.png
626KB, 1280x720px
>Generations is okay
>Worlds isn't

Why are nintenbros so fucking retarded
>>
>>380245339
MH 4 is the worst fucking game I ever bought .. it's like a half a game
>>
>>380245339
>Take a franchise
>Remove gameplay mechanics & challenge
>Add better muh grafix
Tada! You make the best game ever for retards. Final Fantasy 7, and now that. I'm afraid about Resident Evil 2 Remake now.
>>
File: 1482246906170.jpg (41KB, 592x754px) Image search: [Google]
1482246906170.jpg
41KB, 592x754px
>>380245339
>That feel when PC and Switch
>Get the best of both worlds
FEELS GOOD MAN.
>>
>>380251736
What mechanics got removed?
>>
>It's a both camps judge that game by a trailer that barely showed anything episode
>>
File: 1488068819387.jpg (49KB, 354x352px) Image search: [Google]
1488068819387.jpg
49KB, 354x352px
>>380245339
>turbo-autists dedicatedly shitpost every thread acting like they're psychics and can predict everything this game will be, even tons of shit that isn't shown
The MH fanbase on /v/ is the worst fanbase ever.
t. someone who has played and completed every game.
>>
>>380248065
>You are not forced to jump or use the environment to hunt.
A part of the community it too autistic not to use the optimal strategy, even if they hate it and have the option to stay with the old and true styles.

That is assumign they dont change the movesets and animations altogether in this
>>
>>380251736
>Remove gameplay mechanics & challenge

how did you conclude that from a cinematic trailer, showcasing new features?

when they release actual gameplay with the hud on i can't wait for nintendofags to get even more butthurt LOL
>>
File: 1393649064514.png (234KB, 286x496px) Image search: [Google]
1393649064514.png
234KB, 286x496px
>>380246861
>afraid of a game with 2 attack buttons being watered down
>>
>>380245339

I think it will be ok. Monster Hunter is always changing and doing new things.
>>
They could literally make it a Last of Us clone and I won't give a shit as long as they continue making traditional, Japanese MH games. But until they announce a real MH5, this game is going in the garbage.
>>
>>380245339
>purists
GameFAQs are known to be quite the MH purists and they had a poll in which the "purists" got BTFO with votes saying that experienced players are interested, winning by a landslide.

No OP, those arent purists. Its the casuals who play MH and then drop it halfway through. Because now their favorite go-to time sink is different, and they cannot comprehend it.
>>
just a little bit more of "gameplay"
https://oddshot.tv/s/ZL1Buu
https://oddshot.tv/s/fNxcDJ
inb4 everyone bitch about the bloody screen
>>
>>380248358
>just pretend it isn't what the title says
>as /v/eogaf parades around how they "stole" "MonHun" from the evil Nintendo
>>
>>380245339
>follow the glowy lights
>press X to mount
>press X to stay on monster if you fall off
>press X to zip around the environment and never get hit
N-Not casualized at all! H-h-hardcore.
>>
>>380246063
>tfw can't say anything good about MHW because it will label be as a non-fan
Boy I sure do love videogames.
>>
>>380256812
Honestly, I think this is the natural evolution of Monster Hunter. The problem with their games is they boast that the game was a hunting game - They pretty nailed it on the combat mechanic, but the world was kind of bland, gameplay wise. Don't get me wrong - Climbing in MH4U was cheese as fuck. But my point is , we do not know how the game will truly play, outside of that westernized trailer.

It might be the perfect Monster Hunter, if the combat is the same as MH4U without I.Glaives, more mechanic that aren't hindrering to said point and a seamless experience.
>>
Fuck me i have FGC flashbacks, the same fcking behaviour, you bitch all the time about wanting a new game and about how you're a niche fanbase and how much you want an hd monster hunter and blablabla but when a new game gets annouced you're like "pfff fuck this casual bullshit amirite, fuck these new players fucking noobs why does the game try to catter to them, i'm so done with this franchise yadda yadda yadda". Fucking pseudo elitists
>>
Monster hunter gameplay has always been bad/boring/poorly executed, whatever you want to call it. It's never once been good, it's strength has always been that it operates within a very specific niche of very hardcore fans.

These fans have proved resistant to any type of quality of life, control, mechanical, or graphical improvement of any kind within another series of games. To them the monster hunter title matters more than any single or combined feature of the games. They will never say outright "The name matters more than the gameplay" however their only frame of reference revolves around monster hunter, if you bring up any other game, they'll have no specific or valid critiques, prepare to hear a lot of "It just doesn't feel like monster hunter" and "Well in monster hunter..." or "I might as well just stick with monster hunter then!!"

What are the problems with MH that have gone unaddressed for 13 years?
1. Excessive monster HP and speed.
Many if not every monster in the game has far more health than it ever needed. Some monsters have double or triple the amount of health they needed. Most monsters move excessively fast, which leads to unavoidable damage, long time players will say there is no unavoidable damage, then cry to their friends and in the general all day about how some monsters are just too fast and damage is unavoidable.
2. Excessive monster run-away.
Almost if not all monsters can run away to a different zone, enjoy 5-7 loading screens every 2 minutes, my favorite is when they run just as you reach the new area they are in. Most hunts times are 90% loading screens caused by monsters running.
3. Controls are still bad
They've not improved their control scheme since the first game, and this was the number one complaint most hardcore players had at the time, even though it's not improved hardcore players are "used to it" so they will merely tell you it "takes some getting used to but isnt bad" it took them over ten years to get used to it though.
>>
>>380251736
They said the game was catered to westerner, therefore we can assume that trailer was in the same fashion. We cannot assume how it will play without having a showcase of how it play Monster vs Hunters.

They'll probably use the "Dark souls" difficulty card
>>
>>380257638
>tfw can't say anything bad about MHW because it will label be as a nintentard
>>
So what are these core mechanics that are apparently being thrown to the wolves, judging by the trailer?
>>
>>380246407

>A big part of the appeal is the complexity of the combat, crafting, and drop system, as well as the arcadey nature of the gameplay that lends itself well to local co-op sessions
>DUDE LETS STREAMLINE EVERYTHING AND MAKE IT MORE CINEMATIC FOR WESTERNERS, AND TURN THE GAME INTO AM OBJECTIVELESS ALWAYS ONLINE LE "OPEN WORLD" GAME

Not all change is for the better, especially when it removes more than it's adding to the formula.
>>
>>380246861
holy you're so salty that your niche game is going to become popular as fuck
>>
>>380258398
The trailer hasn't shown the core mechanics being removed, it's just exaggerating autists. They've confirmed all the base mechanics are still there.
>>
>>380258398
>Muh Grapplings hook
>Muh environemental Hazard
>muh stealth
>Muh Bug that serve as UI
>Muh Climbing

It's laughable how some people are scared of changes. Most of those are actually a refresh in the series. What most fear, however, is they trivialized the combat gameplay for those aspects, because Capcom said they want to gain the western market.
>>
>>380245339
No, not a purist but I'm waiting for reviews and if it's good, I'll pirate it. If it's shit, I'll just get monhun 5 for the switch or whatever when that comes
>>
I've been playing since the one on the PS2 on every platform it's been on, which is almost certainly longer than most of you faggots. This one looks perfectly good. I'm convinced that the people raging at this are fanboys and autists. Who cares what platform a game is on?
>>
>>380258597
Neither is exaggerating and assuming when you don't know shit yet about your claim being true.
Someone that works at Capcom already said potions, crafting, sharpness, and your general MH basics are still intact, so you can calm down and take your pills.
>>
>>380258753
Will you pirate it on the Switch too? This is a mainline game after all, so that can't be a reason not to pay for it.
>>
>>380258713
Isn't MH combat pretty straightforward to begin with? The only way they could make it simpler is by removing weapon gimmicks and buff items, and I don't see how that would draw in westerners.
>>
>>380258185
4. Horrible weapon balance.
Theres 500 weapons! and 5 are ever remotely usable in any way for a series hunter per game. Weapons are buffed and nerfed indiscriminately between games, seemingly at random. The top weapon is rarely nerfed, the bottom weapons are rarely buffed, now enjoy these random ass completely unworthy nerfs and buff.
5. Excessive use of RNG
Monster hunter has no content. Theres about five hours worth of actual gameplay in a monster hunter game. Theres about ten years worth of RNG though. It's literally a single player game, they could have easily made targetted carves over the past 13 years, let players pick what they wanted most, but many players wear their soul crushing rng grinds as a badge of honor "ha look out autistic and ugly I look in my completely mismatched garbage set of armor! I grinded for 4,000 hours for this baby!" No hardcore MH vet every actually finishes their wishlist of things they wanted to make, even the most basic starter baby wishlists will always go unfinished, because they'll buy the next game before ever completing them.
6. Map design
10-15 loading screens per map is literally inexcusable. These maps are so fucking small and shitty, so many other games are able to display full cities even on the shitty handheld hardware, there is absolutely no reason for the loading screens to be like this. I literally have to assume that they want loading screens in the game to slow players down and pad gameplay time even further.

Theres more, so many more. But these are the tops for me.
>>
>>380258614
>MH
>becoming popular in the west
lol
Capcom would have to air a commercial during the Super Bowl to get normies to acknowledge its existence.
>>
>>380258989
Not even trying to console war but if it's coming out on PC, I'm gonna pirate just because I know it'll be a full price game and I rarely buy full price games. If it was a console exclusive, I MIGHT buy it. I plan on getting a switch anyway so I'd probably buy it on the switch. Now that the new spiderman game is shit, I don't plan on getting a ps4 so I think I'm gonna pirate it
>>
File: mhwaudience.jpg (145KB, 486x1103px) Image search: [Google]
mhwaudience.jpg
145KB, 486x1103px
>>
>>380246861
How the fuck was the gameplay changed?
Only change I see is better artstyle.
>>
>>380246063

>muh game

Kill yourself
>>
>>380259708
Why do you ruin a classic image with your fucking console war shit? The usual filename went untouched for years and you fuck it up.
>>
>>380259316
It doesn't need to be Superbowl Commercial obvious. Regular commercials can and do work. Freedom Unite and Tri both had hugely successful television advertising campaigns in North America. MH4U was advertised all over the internet, though I don't recall any televised ads. I'm willing to bet MHW will at the very least be plastered all over dedicated gaming websites and the few gaming magazines that still exist, since it's being released on PS4 and Xbone as opposed to just 3DS. We're incredibly likely to see at least some TV and Youtube adverts, too.
>>
>>380246063
Longtime fan here, always hit endgame and make perfect sets for 7+ weapon types.

Games gonna be good. Nothing in that trailer was rehash, meaning that the parts that weren't shown probably are. So it'll have the core hunting mechanics.

Entire trailer appeals to hardcore fans. No one else knows what they're looking at. 90% of the hunt is slapping a monster in the face, they focused on the other 10% which is all brand new.

How can you see this trailer and think they ruined the series? It's been bad since MHX, and this is a hunting centric direction they're headed. Dope as fuck
>>
>>380259817
Because console warriors are desperate and pathetic.
>>
File: 1497217013040.webm (91KB, 1042x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497217013040.webm
91KB, 1042x720px
I'm just happy it's coming to the xbox
>>
File: 1497270719710.png (543KB, 570x546px) Image search: [Google]
1497270719710.png
543KB, 570x546px
just as dumb as the people saying it looks like shit when we saw basically nothing
>>
>>380260083
Just like the Monster Hunter 4 first trailer.
>>
File: 1462709131901.jpg (264KB, 851x756px) Image search: [Google]
1462709131901.jpg
264KB, 851x756px
I'm hyped for it after hearing it's still gonna have the core elements (health, stamina, sharpness bar) all I need to see is actual in game hunt. Extremely glad I won't have to play on a handheld anymore though.

People are really jumping the gun after seeing a small trailer for the game and for you that are crying about bland monster designs legit fuck off Gen 1 and Gen 2 had your generic European midevil dragons and monsters (Just look at Fatalis) MH is just going back to its roots of being a hunting game in a European setting.
>>
I know we're all shitposting but capcom has literally fucking said old mechanic and gameplay hasn't changed much, they just showed off new fancy shit. Just like they fucking did with MH4.
>>
>>380260571
Are they gonna post more gameplay soon?
>>
>>380260778
There's a stream in 7 days.
>>
My main concern is that they will lower monster HP and take out the grind, that may sound like a good thing, but you can only change so much before it stops being MH.

Its worth noting that this trailer was VERY bullshitified for the trailer. Look at the ORIGINAL MH4 trailer, where the player character didnt attack the monster at all and did puzzle platformer segments.

I DO hope the only thing they do to the combat is remove the anime bullshit from MHX / MHXX, but I fear they might go too far, hopefully capcom is too worried about sales to change it too much since japan will be the main market for this regardless.

Also no idea what the point of the stealth mechanics is unless there are still egg gathering quests or something.

The main two things in the trailer that truly looked out of place / different from gameplay norm too much to me were:
1. Grappling hook (in some contexts it seems fine, but others like dropping rocks on the monster seemed weird)
2. Hunters riding Remobra, really dont get what this is about.
>>
Only played a bit of Monster Hunter Tri, apart from that didn't have contact with the genre at all.

How is what they've shown so far so different from the other games? Literally only jumping/environment? The enemy design and weapon handling looked pretty similar.

What's so shit storm inducing about it?
>>
>>380254518
>The core of the gameplay revolves around there being 2 attack buttons

Quit strawmanning.
>>
>>380260894
I'm torn over whether i want this game to be good or bad
>>
>>380261037
>wanting a game to be bad
You have a problem.
>>
As someone who only plays Frontier, I can conclude that this game looks like shit just like all console/handheld Monster Hunters
>>
>>380246861
Man I would fucking LOVE a new AoM game

Something more like TW would be fucking amazing

Thanks anon, you proved you're an idiot and made me sad AoM is dead.
>>
>>380260949

Nothing, it's nintendo fans false flagging.

The jumping/climbing/environments are all straight out of MH4.

It's literally just MH4 with better graphics.
>>
>Nintendo got Double Crossed
Its still hilarious
>>
>>380260932
Monster HP has been decreasing over each release. It's kind of bullshit, and I can see them really fucking it up this time around.
>>
File: Guildmarm_004.jpg (318KB, 700x994px) Image search: [Google]
Guildmarm_004.jpg
318KB, 700x994px
>>380245339
No Marm
No Buy
>>
>>380260949
Much like the first MH4 trailer, its impossible to tell how gameplay-y this trailer was, and people are just worried they are going to simplify the weapon movesets / casualise the game (If they remove that style and arts anime bullshit than thats great, but that's not the concern here).

Jumping / environment was introduced in 4, I think almost all concerns are coming from how little actual fighting was shown in the trailer, though MH trailers are notorious for spending good portions having the characters run away to show off the monsters.

Another good amount of concerns are also coming from the leak from way back which lines up perfectly with this game and says some worrying things.
>>
>>380260571

Until we see more gameplay, I think being upset is a reasonable reaction.

Not necessarily in this case as it's still up in the air, but them talking about "giving the game broader appeal" usually means dumbing the game down for the lowest common denominator. Like, in almost every single case where devs have come out and said shit like that. It's never a good sign for a niche series. Even if the classic Monster Hunter elements like crafting are in there, I personally expect it to be dumbed down HARD for normies who don't want to look up drop rates or grind for rare monster parts. I expect the item pool to be decreased drastically.

We'll find out later today. I'll reserve judgement until then.
>>
>>380246063
>non-member
>community
>their game
This would be funny if it wasn't so sad
>>
>>380261385
>them talking about "giving the game broader appeal"
Which they literally never did
>>
>>380261406
He's referring to the "totally 100% legit leak" that people keep posting made by a random anon that's already flawed.
>>
>>380245339
The reason purists are mad is because they know that if you dumb down Monster Hunter a little so that non-autistic people have fun they'll actually start making money and will never look back.
>>
>>380261406
Anon, they're releasing niche Jap game on the fucking Xbox. They're obviously trying to broaden its appeal.
>>
>>380261385
>I'll reserve judgement until then.
>Proceeds to make a whole shitpost about how the game is doomed
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0O9KwMZ7_8

Just a reminder why we might not need to be as worried about the actual game from its reveal trailer as we are being, these things tend to exaggerate the new.

Main worry for me is less weapons and less monsters, seems like another tri scenario where they cut the fat which is good, but with the higher quality monster assets one could be worried it will have even less monsters than tri.
>>
>>380261620
Mm just like MH1 right?

Fuck off.
>>
>>380261406

That was a big part of the initial leak, which turned out to be mostly true given the presentation of the trailer. The glow-y "witcher vision", the tacked on Horizon-esque stealth mechanics, and the apparent abundance of context sensitive "hit a button to do environmental damage to the monster" are a bit concerning too.

>>380261639

There's nothing wrong with being skeptical until more information is revealed, especially given Capcom's track record.
>>
>>380261736
No, not like MH1. Are you feeling alright?
>>
>>380261680
They've already said all 14 weapons are in

And I fucking hope they cut all of Gen 1 monsters and do new shit instead, that would be a fucking godsend.
>>
>>380261385
>giving the game a broader appeal
That can mean a lot of things like making it available on multiple platforms with actual next Gen graphics or like you said dumbing down the gameplay to make it easier for casuals which I highly doubt since Capcom knows the fan base for MH and wouldn't want to fuck that up
>>
I hope it plays similar to other titles in the series and the extra shit is just fluff you can use (stealth, wall jumping, etc) to offer more variety.

What I saw showed no online multiplayer.

It is possible they removed the individual zone mechanics too, which might be a good thing as well.

I am just hungry for some more Monster Hunter to be honest.

I hope it turns out to be good and blows the fucking doors off sales compared to anything ever released for the series on a Nintendo system so that it goes back to a console that can actually handle online stuff well.
>>
>>380261769
>the initial leak
That leak is shit and people need to stop treating it like the gospel just because they want this game to be bad.
>>
>>380261821
>MH1
>PS2
Your bait is fucking weak, have a (you)
>>
Didn't these "purist" just got MH XX recently? Why don't just play that?
>>
>>380261998
It was a shit trailer and multiplayer is supposedly a thing
>>
>>380261826
Needs more Khezu and -dromes and don't forget all 250 variations of Rathalos & Rathian
>>
>>380262070
Oh, you're being retarded on purpose. I don't know why I expected any more of /v/.
>>
>>380261967

I really hope you're right. I'm just more skeptical.

I hope the game is great, I really do. I'm just concerned about it.
>>
>>380262097
You see MHXX anywhere in the west pal
>>
>>380261769
The last two concerns are obviously optional mechanics.
>>
>>380262097
Because MH purists hate every MH after FU because nostalgia goggles. They just get more vocal during release time.
>>
File: 1448505293144.jpg (118KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448505293144.jpg
118KB, 1080x1080px
>>380258185
And what makes you think that these "problems" will dispear with MHW? expect for the map design.
>>
>>380261826
Can I get a source on the 14 weapon's thing?

Also I totally would be fine with not seeing any of the fucking garbo Gen 1 monsters (though Rathalos and Rathian are still fine, they've had their behaviour and movesets improved over time to meet the standards of newer monsters). Im just worried they wont bring enough new to the table. I think we saw 3 large monsters in this trailer? I couldnt tell if the fish guy was one or not.
>>
>>380262097

>XX
>Pure

Are you honestly this retarded?
>>
>>380245339
m8, the "purists" you're talking about are nintendo "purists"

and funny enough the levy the same insult to the oldfag fans

they just wanted MHXX and they're getting only that, like they deserve
>>
>>380246861
I love Dragon Quest, and I want a remake of Dragon Quest I with Dark Souls combat.
>>
File: 1468245771277.jpg (9KB, 236x231px) Image search: [Google]
1468245771277.jpg
9KB, 236x231px
ALL THIS TALK ABOUT QTEs

Where were the QTEs? Did I miss something? Also what features were gutted? Everything looks there. The trailer just looks like it's showing new features. MH4's trailer had just climbing shit for fuck's sake.

Why are people mad.
>>
>>380262235
Your meme opinions are stale, nobody considers FU to be good anymore
>>
>>380246063
played MH since MH1 on ps2 and all I can say since the garbage PS2 graphic and horrendous monsters design in MHXX,

It's finally here...
>>
>>380262451
What are you even trying to say to me? I'm stating a fact that there's a vocal minority who wants every MH game to be like FU. The people who complain at every new game or any new addition.
>>
>>380259759
There are a lot of smaller things but the two biggest are that it's now open world (which likely means no mission structure) and the online multiplayer has become much more casual (you no longer form a party for missions you just drop people in whenever you want)
>>
>>380261967

>Making the game easier

To be completely fair, Anon. The Monster Hunter games are hardly difficult when you understand the controls. It is just plinking away at a monster and rolling away from a few well telegraphed attacks that are piss easy to learn and frequently spammed.

The game is fun, no doubt, but hardly difficult.
>>
>>380245339
>breaks the stale formula that existed since ps2
>breaks the stale graphics that existed since ps2

I'm a die heart MH fanboy and I couldn't agree more, OP. I'm really looking forward to this
>>
I haven't seen a single person say this:
>I liked the original
>I 4u and x are a bad direction
>I do not like this trailer
the "purists" like this game because it is in the spirit of the original vision, whereas the newer games have been utter shite
>>
"purists" will ruin every franchise. They're like metal fans. If you change anything or attempt to shake things up in any way they will tell you it sucks or "isn't a true X anyway". Just fuck off, you have like 7 games that all play exactly the same. Why resist it now? Haven't you had enough?
>>
>>380245339
I did originally due to that stupid "leak" from here combined with sour grapes. Now that I've slept on it, it looks fine. All the animations are there and the focus on the environment and movement in a large interconnected map looks like a natural progression of 3 and 4. I just hope I can play it some day, whether by getting a good enough PC or a portable version coming to Switch.
>>
At this point it's basically a crazy purist crusade.
>>
>>380261083
well, if the game is a massive success, you can expect the next monhun games to be like this one regardless of if the current fans like it. I like the game as a spinoff but not as taking over the main series
>>
>>380262535
and I'm saying you're wrong, it's pretty simple
>>
File: Steve.jpg (133KB, 1140x969px) Image search: [Google]
Steve.jpg
133KB, 1140x969px
Fuck the seemless world bullshit, always online drop-in and out bullshit.

I've alwayed liked the more arcadey nature of Monster Hunters gameplay, where you can load up a quest or two in your spare time while you're on a lunch break or whatever. The quest/lobby based system worked really well for that, and the series became go to pick-up and play title. Just pick a monster to hunt, and you're fighting it within a minute. No bullshit, no filler, just combat.

I'm going to try the game, but it's a pretty big turnoff desu.
>>
>>380262614

>no gaming PC
>neither a PS4 or a Xbone at least
>only a Switch

what the FUCK
>>
>>380262679
>and I'm saying you're wrong
Then you clearly don't pay attention and are too new to have seen the same posts being made about Monster Hunter 4 that are being made now. Faggot.
>>
>>380245339
I'm interested. I'm glad it's off the 3ds because I have big gaijin hands. We'll just have to w8 and see what gameplay changes are made.

Climbing was a mistake btw, fuck MH4U
>>
>>380262751
I don't even have a Switch yet
>>
This is the Assault Horizon of MonHun.
>>
>>380262590
I like it because it looks like its cutting out a lot of the shit that happened in MHX (which I was REALLY not a fan of since it ruined the series that used to be pretty grounded in science and reality despite its fantasy setting). Im just concerned by the trailer that showed the hunter using stealth for no reason (seriously what was the point of it?) and using the terrain to damage the monster, I dont think he actually drew his greatsword against the monster at the ground once that trailer.
>>
This is the first game since MGSV I'm excited for.
Everything at Sony's E3 looked so similar stylistically (for the most part), this game was the one standout moment. So glad this franchise exists.
I really can't wait to play this. I'd thought I'd outgrown videogames, but I'll buy a PS4 for this.
LET THE ENDLESS GRINDING FOR RATHOLOS RUBIES BEGIN ONCE AGAIN!
>>
File: 1412062799270.jpg (55KB, 777x932px) Image search: [Google]
1412062799270.jpg
55KB, 777x932px
>>380262719

>waiting in a lobby to start a quest is easier to play in your lunch break than just dropping in to play then dropping out

okay
>>
>>380246407
They are ninty kids bro, they can eat the same shit.
>>
>>380262614
I like honest people like you.
>>
>>380262675
You say that as if regular MH is dead.
XX just came out, and G versions are treated like new games, and hasn't been ported to the west yet. You act like there's a gap somewhere.
>>
I never knew MH fans could be this obnoxious and elitist
>>
>>380262780
Nobody makes those comments anymore, 4U is very much the new FU, I've been around /mhg/ since it was a general on /v/, man
>>
>>380262873
>implying random drops will stay
>implying you dont just kill a monster once and get all its gear because grinding doesnt look good in letsplays which is how 80% of people see gmes now.
>>
>>380262610
Monster Hunter gets almost all its sales from purists. If they really do change the format substantially they wont sell jack shit. No new audience is going to come in for Monster Hunter. These games don't have broad appeal.
>>
>>380262908
>Nobody makes those comments anymore
Have you been fucking sleeping? People are saying the same stuff they did about 4, and before that 3, about World. Doom and gloom end of the world schpeel and assumptions.
The same people who complained about 3 after the trailer are the same people who complained about 4 after the trailer and are the same people who are already complaining about World.
>>
>>380262894
Nintendo shitposters are usually obnoxious and elitist, it's their main trademark.
>>
>>380262875

The trailer and Capcom's press release implied that there would be a bigger emphasis on tracking and exploring.

What I'm saying is that I don't want that kind of filler, just want to fight monsters. Lobby based quests are more efficient in that regard, even if they're more "video gamey".
>>
>>380262873
>This is the first game since MGSV I'm excited for.
Now you get to relive that disappointment for a second time. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>380262894
They are normally pretty chill in my experience, most of the posters now are just the reactionary autists coming out in force
>>
>>380263001
You say, as the ones that changed the formula the most sold the best
4U and 3U are the top selling MH games in the West and both did very well in the East
>>
>>380262894

There's MH fans, then there's Nintendo MH fans.
>>
>>380263001
what exactly makes you think they're changing the format substantially? What specifically about the development of this game has you so scared? It has the same staff working on it and the trailer was vague as fuck. If you're resisting the very IDEA of them changing your franchise you're being pathetic.

>these games don't have broad appeal

so you don't see how, in a post skyrim and dark souls world, a pseudo open world co-op game about hunting monsters with loot and crafting couldn't have "broad appeal"? Please enlighten me on these points or I will have to assume all the shitposting is just from butthurt nintendo boys.
>>
>>380262235
These "MH purist" hate FU though and would rather MH go down the arcadey route it's currently going in like with XX and see shit like https://youtu.be/hpFsNeubnug

Instead of shit like https://youtu.be/imS8hZS9oTo

MH is a hunting game not a anime game if you want that go play God Eater or PSO
>>
>>380263183
Of course the mainline games will sell the best idiot. This isn't a mainline game and it's not even on a handheld. They will need to triple sales to westerners to justify making this and good luck with that.
>>
>>380263073
you seem to be using opinions on things based on how things were, which makes me think you have literally zero idea how things currently are
>>
>>380263306
>like with XX
>he says with a straight face while a vocal group continuously whines about the new things X and XX are doing
>>
>>380263116
map skills, psychoserum, boom problem solved.
>>
>>380263278
Dark Souls does not have broad appeal either mate. Why are you even comparing Skyrim and Souls? Although Souls really highlights my point so thanks for bringing it up. Imagine if they fucked with the core Souls gameplay. If, for example, they removed bonfires or they stopped you dropping your souls on death. Would people still buy the games? I doubt it.
>>
>>380262875
>Playing MH with other people.
>He can't solo everything
You some kinda faggot or somethin'?
>>
>>380263561
But what about this makes you think they're removing the things you like?
>>
File: 1485508072540.png (38KB, 202x169px) Image search: [Google]
1485508072540.png
38KB, 202x169px
>>380263243
W-what's the difference? I'm a 3Ubabby that started on the Wii U and could never get into the 3ds games.
>>
>>380263386
It's the same exact kind of comments after each trailer, and has been since 3.
>>
Most of the usual mechanics seemed there but more emphasis on stealth and tracking till you get spotted. I'd say people could come around to this being the next step in the series, but I'm worried it'll lose some of its goofiness in the process.
>>
>>380263306
>These "MH purist" hate FU though and would rather MH go down the arcadey route it's currently going in like with XX
Why would someone go on the internet and tell lies like this?
>>
>>380263630
Open world and drop in multiplayer (which likely means missions are gone), as well as a greater emphasis on "cool" actions like the grappling hook and playing around the environment.
>>
>>380246407
>change for the sake of change is good
>ruining a game for the sake of change is good
>abandoning your dedicated fanbase for change is good
>>
>>380263551

That's assuming those things arn't being cut in favor of shoving their Batman vision mechanic down your throat

I'll need more information and maybe some videos of full hunts before I pass judgment, but my initial impression is that I don't like the change in format.
>>
How exactly is MHW different than something like 3G (the last one I actually played)? Please answer without the use of buzzwords
>>
>>380263792
but the loading in between zones in the old MH games is shit. It's the worst part. Don't you think they have a solution in place for this?
>>
File: 1407336559909.png (166KB, 833x789px) Image search: [Google]
1407336559909.png
166KB, 833x789px
>>380263792

>as well as a greater emphasis on "cool" actions

What? You mean like Insect Glaive acrobatics? Charge Blade Ultra Burst? All the stupid anime moves that Generations brought in?

And hookshot is where the line is drawn? Fuck you.
>>
>>380263632
Ignore him, he's just trying to start consolewar bullshit.

I would divide the fanbase more into 1st-3rd gen, and 4th gen +, 4th gen is when they started to lose the more grounded combat by adding QTE mounting segments (which look like they are still in worlds but possibly less QTE-y and more dragon's dogma-y) and then MHX added anime superpowers to all the weapons.

MHW, assuming this trailer is all bullshit, and the leaks are bullshit, and this is just an exxagerated look at whats new in the game, appears to be going back to the more grounded approach of the gen 1-3 games, though with polish similar to or exceeding third gen.
>>
>>380263561
You know, the fact that you need to use one of the most obnoxious fanbase ever to make your reactions look acceptable really makes me think.
But I agree, you dumb mhdrones are really making yourself look like like the soulfags.
>>
It's just nint0ddlers mad their new system gets mh4 and the rest of us get mh5 with non-PS2 graphics honestly.
>>
I'll reserve judgement until I play it.

An open world monster hunter could be fun, I'm just not sure how contracts and player death would be handled.
>>
I don't know if we saw enough to conclude that this is going to be significantly different than other MH games.

iirc I've seen other trailers show the hunter sneaking around for a sneak attack, when in reality, who the fuck sneaks around?
>>
>>380258185
>Monster hunter gameplay has always been bad/boring/poorly executed, whatever you want to call it.
It was "unfun" for general gamer crowd, pick your words right.

>These fans have proved resistant to any type of quality of life, control, mechanical, or graphical improvement of any kind within another series of games
Absolute disagreement. Over the time it enhanced on the questline pace, added a nice depth to weaponry and gear skills, added a screen-centering on current boss target button (which doesn't lock on though, just centers the camera focus, which is alright since in MH you must target not the bosses general body but its body parts) and with series migrating to 3DS the UI improved immensely since having 2 screens allowed to customize your own UI on the lower one placing things there that you'd personally use most often arranged in any way you want, all the while removing clutter from the main gaming screen.

>1. Excessive monster HP and speed.
Only once did I personally have problems with that, when I just started the series with MHFU and began doing guild quests instead of village ones. I had no idea that guild quests were attuned for multiplayer so enemies there did have much more damage and HP resulting in over 30 minutes bossfights with starting gear. Even then I thought that this was the norm and eventually learned to play the game and kill those bosses solo.
>>
>>380263901
>Making wild guesses and accusations when there's barely any material to base those judgements on.
Nice child brain you got going on there.
>>
File: Monster Hunter Spider Mech.webm (3MB, 570x340px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter Spider Mech.webm
3MB, 570x340px
>>380264042
This is also okay to these people but grappling hook is jumping the shark
>>
>>380264021
The things people are complaining about are based on a leak from months ago, not the trailer itself.

MH trailers tend not to show the core gameplay and focus on the new gimmicks, that being said some of the new gimmicks like stealth seem COMPLETELY useless.
>>
>>380263954

>hunter opens a flask of fireflies to track scents and corpses left by monsters
>HURRR BATMAN VISION

I fucking hate Nintenfags. Remark the difference between this and pressing a button for psychoserum and running to a marker on your mini-map. One is an in-game visual cue, the other is a literal fucking marker.
>>
>>380264042
For the record I am against the anime moves too
>>380264039
>the loading in between zones is the worst part
Why do you think so? I get that it's a bit unrealistic but gameplay wise I cant see a negative to it.
>>
>>380246063
This is like the MGSV of MonHun and MGSV has the best gameplay in the series.
>>
>>380263116
>Lobby based quests are more efficient

haha WHAT
the lobby / servers have always been retarded and clunky as FUCK. This could be WAY faster. Like choose your target, check hunts in progress Y/N, get matched and be ready to go. No region lock, WW release at the same time could also massively up your potential partners.

MH has MASSIVE potential for improvements, we'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>380248217
>I never quite understood the desire for new content in another installment with no change to anything in the game
How is that something that's hard to understand?
People want new features and content in a game they like. It's as simple as that.
Believe it or not new mechanics can be added to a game that change the game significantly without either casualizing it or abandoning the fanbase.

The real question here is why do people like yourself think that a game needs to be rehauled with each entry? That's literally why different games are there.
>>
>>380264190

It's clear they allow you to setup shit much easier before starting the fight. Traps/bombs will likely be much more useful and necessary now.
>>
>>380263632
Basically Nintendo MH fans weebs that like the way the game is with X and XX with crazy anime attacks and over the top monsters like Zinorge and Jet Dragon.

Then you have MH fans that put up with it because they like the series and the core gameplay but would rather the games go back to how it was around Tri. Of course some of these fans have to draw a line somewhere when they see shit like the MH Gen ending.
>>
>>380262439
People are mad because the color aren't as vibrant as the other titles and no cooking music. So WESTERNIFIED.

Because we all know that no japanese game ever had lower saturation.
>>
I am hoping the UI was just hidden, and there will be normal stuff like crafting and gathering.
>>
>>380263561
BB has a pretty different gameplay and it's the most popular one. You idiots are basically the angry PC fags of this fanbase.
>>
File: actualpopularvotemap.jpg (77KB, 937x480px) Image search: [Google]
actualpopularvotemap.jpg
77KB, 937x480px
You faggots are like fans of Super Mario complaining about the Mario 64 reveal. At least most people back then had the sense to understand that what they currently had was the way it was, because of technological limitations.

Franchises evolve, especially when technology exists to do them better (ie: no more retarded zone transitions).

Now I like monster hunter, and I've played three different versions for several hundred hours and done the whole g-rank grind shit, and I'm thrilled if this reveal means they are actually changing things up a little bit.

We've already done fucking everything there is to do with the system we've got, barring new (and even more op) weapons and combos.

Pic unrelated, but sure to trigger a couple little fags reading this thread.
>>
>>380245339
I was concerned there would be serious changes to stuff but there's still multiplayer and the weapons are still there. The biggest things are no loading screens, the grappling hook, interacting with the environment and tracking the monster. Other than that I think it's gonna be just what you'd expect honestly. What little weapon swinging was actually in the gameplay trailer looked pretty normal.
>>
>>380264216
if a monster runs away you have multiple (reasonably long) loading screens before you can get to it, for no fucking reason. I literally cannot see a downside to these being removed. It changes nothing except for reducing frustration. If you want to spend the next 10 years of this franchise's life playing games that have not moved on from the fucking PSP then by all means stay mad as fuck. I think this game looks cool and it'll be the first MH game I'm buying since Tri.
>>
>>380264167
>This is also okay
Yeah, look at all those MH fans that are okay with XX. All two of them.
>>
>>380263954
But if the bugs replace those then your original gripe about not being able to just bum rush the monster at the start of a quest becomes moot. It's literally the same thing except more stylized.
>>
Why don't people like this concept? It looked really fun. And the maps looked more detailed and dense.

I guess MH fans can hate it. But I've played all themonster hunters and this looks like a shitload of fun. You people already got like 6 games. Let us Western fags have one.
>>
So who are the developers? Is it in house or outsourced?
>>
>>380245339
Nice bait
>>
>>380258803

Same. I think most people bitching are the Nintendo autists. I'm just glad I can play this series now in HD and a real controller.
>>
>>380264392
The only substantial change to BB's gameplay is that the combat got faster and they introduced lifesteal so you don't get your shit fucked up. Otherwise it's just another Souls game. Regardless, bloodborne sold like shit so it doesn't even fit your argument.
>>
>>380245339
I'm not a MH "purist". It looks like westernised shit.
>>
>>380264424
>no more retarded zone transitions
Fantastic. Now we have to actually walk down the entire corridor and empty flatlands just to get to where the Rathalos ran away to, rather than just skip it and go to the next area.
>>
The thing I'm worried about is the over reliance on trapping as shown in video. Its cool, yes, but its going to gut the actual combat and skill/technique behind base-level hunting. Weapons are going to take a hit from this garbage michael bay-lite shit.

The only cool thing I liked in the reveal was the tracking aspect. The grappling hook, complex super traps, scripted fleeing segments, and "Stealth"(The one fucker even bumped directly into the player at the end ffs) just looks like they'll be overly complicated and not fun to learn or adjust to. I get a horrible feeling that the game is going to either have only 10 real monsters that are fucking hard as shit, or the hunts are going to take upwards of 2 hours each for mediocre carves. I want to like this game but there are red flags everywhere right now.
The next reveal better show off some shit that wont alienate some of the core audience.
>>
>>380264443
Don't kid yourself. Ever since World people have been defending XX.
>>380264551
House
>>
Looking back at it the only thing that didn't feel MH were the item use animation. A lot of the player and monster movements were directly moved over.
>>
>>380264294
>the lobby / servers have always been retarded and clunky as FUCK.
>old way
>enter lobby
>prep
>armwrestle
>head out

>new way
>Pick target
>connecting...
>connecting...
>connecting...
>Pick person
>connecting
>cannot connect with player
>>
>>380264449
>I guess MH fans can hate it. But I've played all themonster hunters and this looks like a shitload of fun. You people already got like 6 games. Let us Western fags have one.

I can't tell if you people are false-flagging or just genuinely liars at this point.
>>
>>380261009
and what part of the trailer that showed no combat leads you to believe that the two attack buttons are different than the previous games?

fuck off salty nintendlard
>>
>>380264609

>people

Nintenbros hardly qualify as "people".
>>
(cont'd)
>>380258185
>Almost if not all monsters can run away to a different zone, enjoy 5-7 loading screens every 2 minutes, my favorite is when they run just as you reach the new area they are in. Most hunts times are 90% loading screens caused by monsters running.
Running away is a great immersive mechanic which also encourages player to keep track of the monster actively as well as learning the monsters' habits and nesting places. A good player who'd spent enough time learning about his marks would know where the monster ran off to. And loading screens might irk someone but honestly I don't remember them being that long. And I have no problem with the game going semi-openworld though with all subzones being seamlessly turned into one big zone.

>3. Controls are still bad
I expected to read what exactly is bad about them but then you never elaborated on that so here's just my opinion. The controls may feel clunky for a newcomer but eventually when you get the hang of all the movesets and combos they become as natural as they can be. I cannot even imagine how combat actions could be "improved". However, some things could use some improvement especially the stupid flexing animation after using a healing item. It just looks stupid and infuriates more than makes any sense. I understand that in order to use an item successfully player must calculate the safe time window for that and be punished if he did so wrong. But that could be done with just longer item usage animation with removal of afteruse flex. Other than this I cannot remember any glaring offenders.
>>
>>380264580
It's what I imagined Dragon's Dogma 2 would look like
>>
>>380264609
That makes sense, I feel the grapple hook is left over tech from lost planet games.
>>
>>380264585
Why do you assume that the same people that have been with this franchise forever haven't thought of the same potential shortcomings as you, a fat man who browses /v/?
>>
>>380248065
The fact they didnt show off *any* regular combat makes me think this game is going to heavily push you towards more 'realistic' hunting
>>
>>380260061
For PC as well
I am glad that all the anons will join the hunt
>>
>>380264758
so... sitting in a tree until a dragon comes by and you shoot it?
>>
>>380248065
The "Purist" have been playing since 4u only two fucking games in the west. The majority of PS2 fans who have played since then are on board and have been waiting a LOOOOONG time for this. Myself included.
>>
>>380264449
The trivilization of different weapons by giving a heavy blade an 'Attack on Titan'-esque grappling hook, replacing actually hunting with the Witcher 3 turn-of-your-brain smell-o'-meter and the 'ease-the-casual-in' environmental damage dealers that require no thinking.
>>
>>380246861
>Would you like it if your favorite game suddenly had its core gameplay completely changed just for kicks?
God of War looks good
>>
>>380264585
>Now we have to play the game
>Also these are locations where you can fight the enemies in the first place
>>
>>380264758
Maybe because it's a fucking promotional trailer? Are you just stupid? Wait for an actual gameplay trailer you moron.
>>
>>380264692
Do monsters not run away in this one or something? Open world doesn't mean they can't run.
>>
>>380262869
>whats the point
perhaps to set a trap or get the first hit while it isn't attacking, or maybe getting the first hit does more

I don't see any negative implication of stealth though?
>>
File: dwags.jpg (26KB, 488x456px) Image search: [Google]
dwags.jpg
26KB, 488x456px
>>380264585

What makes you think there will be a corridor and empty flatlands, you aspie fuck? Goddamn, you are such a moron.

>oh no, I can't barrel bomb myself through a loading zone to shave .5 seconds off my speed run anymore!!!

Don't worry you sperg, I am certain that there will be a whole NEW VARIETY of retarded bullshit to discover, to slake your thirst for "muh speed kills".
>>
>>380246861
Except that you had your "favorite game" half a dozen times. It is not like they are changing the franchise at the prime of its life.
Jesus christ, just replay the old games if you want to play the same thing for 6 different versions of the game.
Everything gets old at some point, just accept the fact that things need to change eventually. And that goes for more than video-games.
>>
>ps vita when??

also:
>paying to play online LMAO
>>
>>380264663
>old way
>enter server
>no rooms for your target
>new server
>enter lobby
>prep
>dude is afk
>enter lobby
>2 dudes post their urgent and refuse doing anything else
>armwrestle
>head out alone
>>
File: 1495878835830.jpg (21KB, 351x362px) Image search: [Google]
1495878835830.jpg
21KB, 351x362px
>>380262751
People have different configurations. Some may just have a PS4 or Xbox, just a PC, or older systems, too

Sorry if a simple concept confuses you
>>
>>380264884
Maybe, you know, you can wait to play it before shitting on the grappling hook so hard?
>>
>>380246861
>core gameplay completely changed
>they just added a grappling hook and a seamless map
Ever considering going to acting school, drama queen?
Did you bitch and moan this much when they added jumping, mounting, hunter arts, and styles?
You're just a falseflagging retard.
>>
>>380262541
>it's now open world
This is the best thing that oculd happen to MH. It's 2017, these games don't need to have the level design of a PS2 game anymore
>>
>>380264884
Fair enough. I can see how that bothers people. But I guess I'm still gonna play it even if it is casual shit. Monster Hunter is a title I can't turn down.
>>
Im worried about the way they described the online. It sounds like Souls games where its a hassle/convoluted means of getting friends into the same game because they made it sound like you use some flare item (like a stone in Souls) to summon a completely RANDOM person to your current hunt.
>>
>>380264946
The anon I answered to was ranting about already existing games, not about the MHW. And it was mainly about having to run through several zones experiencing the loading screens between them.
>>
>>380265113
Nah.
>>
>>380245339
what's the new gameplay like, compared to the old?
>>
https://twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874622385474981888

He's back at it answering some questions
>>
File: 1428259736206.png (3MB, 1800x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1428259736206.png
3MB, 1800x1043px
played monhan religiously since MHFU
this is the step forward the series has needed; i'm fucking excited. they've already confirmed all 14 weapons'll be available, and the combat in the trailer looks completely lifted from past monhan games (at least in terms of animations)

if you're not excited then you're a moron
>>
>>380246861
>watered down
Monster hunter was never difficult or complex. It was grindy. There wasn't a single complex mechanic to it.
The only difficulty in the game is enjoying it enough that you can get over the horrifying grind and sponge bosses.
There is no watering down if neither complexity or difficulty are reduced.
>>
>>380265174
More casual
>>
>>380265174
Nobody knows for sure as of yet.
>>
>>380246063
I've played MHFU, MH3, MH4U and MHGen. Not all fans are elitists who want the same fucking game for the nth time. Thank go they aren't catering to you mouthbreathers anymore
>>
>>380262869

We already know what using a greatsword looks like in MH.

The purpose of the trailer was obviously to demonstrate the new features, and inclusion of certain recent features which were popular (air attacks).

I thought it was implied by the hunter sending the flare up at that pint, that the entire 'chase' was to lure the not-trex into a confrontation with the rathalos.
>>
>>380264953
>perhaps to set a trap or get the first hit while it isn't attacking, or maybe getting the first hit does more
Setting a trap doesn't require stealth in MH, monsters will attack you and fall into them. The first hit on an unaware monster DOES do more damage, but slinking around this far only wastes time for style points at best, and making this a focus will only slow hunts down dramatically for a novelty.
>>
>>380265073
Hold on, do you just prowl lobbies for one that's hunting that specific monster?
There's literally an option to make your own
>>
>>380265139
>summoning only random people

I really doubt that it's only random. The flare function probably works like Dark Souls but people can see who's summoning so you can just summon bros in the hub city and then go out to hunt the shit out of everything.
>>
>>380265202
>if you're not excited then you're a moron
Or you don't want to turn your brain off when you Hun the Mon
Or you don't want to play Attack on Titan
>>
>>380265139
What makes you think they wouldn't include a way to go with your friends? What sort of retarded logic do you work under that makes you think they'd only ever include the ability to play with randoms?
>>
File: 1475705452646.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1475705452646.png
190KB, 540x482px
>>380264884
Oh, shut the fuck up. Monster Hunter never had "actual hunting", and you know it. You just waltz up to a monster who always spawns in the same zone, throw a paintball on it (if you haven't memorized where it goes by now), and just smack it until it dies.
It actually looks like they're adding an actual HUNTING aspect this time, if anything.
>>
>>380265081

I can totally understand that. I can understand only owning a PC. I can understand only owning a PS4 or Xbone.

But only owning a Switch, let alone any Nintendo console precludes you from so many fucking games I can't believe people would do so unless all they fucking play is Mario and Zelda.

Do you not play 4X strategy games? Do you not play PC FPS games? Do you not play the random genres like Yakuza, Persona, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Dark Souls, Tales of X etc. or even the western games like Far Cry, Divinity OS.

What does a person who only owns a Nintendo console even actually fucking play? Splatoon and BOTW over and over and over again?
>>
>>380265174
based on salty nintendo fanboys first hand knowledge and a demo showing zero combat, i'd say its safe to assume it's watered down western shit that looks like an anime fight
>>
>>380248251
>throwing out what fans expect and love
Oh you mean lazy rehashes? Oh I guess MH "fans" really are the worst fanbase. Good thing games actually evolve overtime. RE4 was the best RE too.
>>
>>380265313
Do you think maybe from a marketing standpoint you would want to make sure that your original fans know that it's still the same combat? Maybe like give it a bit more than 3 seconds of footage?
>>
is this gonna come out for ps3?
>>
>>380265403
>they're adding an actual HUNTING aspect this time
>it's automatic and doesn't need any input
Maybe you should shut the fuck up
>>
>>380265174
No one is sure yet. Trailer just showed off new mechanics and how the maps will work. The hunter in the trailer did 2 attacks and that was it

Those complaining that the gameplay is ruined are just basing it off of nothing
>>
>>380265319
>setting a trap doesn't require stealth
maybe it will?

>will only slow down hunts
not inherently bad and good in my opinion

what do you think it is if you are reacting negatively?
>>
>>380249978
>>380249978
>World was made for a Western audience who don't understand why zones are broken up like they are

because the 3ds cant handle open world, and this was the closest they could get to open world
>>
File: 1428862377518.png (630KB, 825x638px) Image search: [Google]
1428862377518.png
630KB, 825x638px
>>380265376
>i'm assuming the combat will be mindless despite zero indications that this will be the case
>i'm assuming that you can literally just fly all over the map like spider-man despite zero indications that this will be the case

uh huh go on anon
>>
>>380265572
>Those complaining that the gameplay is ruined are just basing it off of nothing
Or those with eyes.
>>
File: MHP3-Zinogre_Render_001.png (180KB, 476x343px) Image search: [Google]
MHP3-Zinogre_Render_001.png
180KB, 476x343px
>>380264338
>Zinogre
>Sucks

You take my monsterfu's name out of your mouth right fucking now.
>>
>>380264884
Now thats bullshit and you know it. They didn't have 'hunter vision.' They used a firefly item that could track the scent of monster footprints, etc. which if you applied some thought would see thats a better mechanic than just chugging a psychoserum.
>>
>I've played MH since PS2, and I can safely say that this game is literally everything I've wanted
How many times are you liars going to repeat this until you think it's going to stick? This game is lacking in pretty much every way I can conceive of. They are really going to need to deliver for this game to actually draw the interest of legitimate MH fans instead of anti-Nintendo brigade.

>Huge focus on stealth mechanics for that epic Fabella's BIG GAME HUNTING feel that nobody gives a shit about when fighting monsters is the full fun of it
>Ghillie Suit and machinegun for some cool CoD effects
>Hookshot that just pulls you out of problems whenever you want to, so nothing's a legitimate threat
>People bitching about anime in XX while praising re-hooking into your mount after getting tossed off by a scripted tree
>Featherless chicken looks terrible and its only attack we've seen has been "fire", and this fire is innocuous at best
>>
>>380265543
Even features that happen automatically are still better than none, you massive faggot.
Monster Hunter was just a grindy one-person MMO, no matter what you say.
You'd walk to the same zones, fight the same mosnters in the same places a thousand times so you could get the equipment to go do the same thing somewhere else.
Fuck you and everything you represent.
>>
>>380258185

>very specific niche of very hardcore fans.

4U sold 3.5 million copies
>>
>>380265663
>They used a firefly item that could track the scent of monster footprints
>which is basically hunter vision
Ok anon.

>>380265697
You really sound like you hate MonHun
>>
>>380265642
Not sure what your eyes saw but there was no combat gameplay besides like 2-3 attacks which looked normal.
>>
>praise the game

>hurr ur a casual who has never played the game before

this shit needs to stop. ive played every 3ds version and im hype as fuck for this.
>>
>>380245339
All the purists can cry all they want. But plain and simple, this is where they always wanted to go with monster hunter as a series. They just had deals with nintendo and stuck to heavily outdated tech. Reading instruction booklets and seeing the ads about "immersive" worlds in old monster hunters was bullshit. They are finally meeting there promise. All the key gameplay is intact too if people would pay attention to the trailers instead of foaming at the mouth about "muh western casualization" meme that was PRE-BUILT by the MH community immediately before seeing ANY footage of this trademarked name.
>>
>>380248251
>professes to speak for all fans
>is getting mercilessly shit on by anyone who isn't a nintendo only faggot
>newer games are the worst received
huh, really makes you think
>>
>>380265616
>because the 3ds cant handle open world, and this was the closest they could get to open world
Then why are Frontier and MHO separated into zones? I'm sure Unreal Engine 4 can handle it.
>>
>>380265403
>(if you haven't memorized where it goes by now
So what you're telling me is that before you needed to memorize the hunting grounds of the monster and their nests?
Gee, sounds like what people do when they're hunting!

Seriously though, every monster has their different habits and weaknesses something that you obviously never bothered to learn even though the game teaches you.
Like how the raths respond to you picking up the wyvern eggs and fly back to the nest.
>>
>>380265684
Its literally just one trailer released yet who purely showed whats new in the game. It was aimed at veterans.
>>
>>380262719
that's not what they mean by "seamless world"

They just mean that in hunts you won't have to have loading screens in between zones and that the hunt areas will in general be larger.

The only people who could see this a not an improvement are fucking autists. There is nothing good about loading screens.
>>
>>380265609
>maybe it will?
That would be fucking terrible. Why do I need to find myself out of a monster's lock beyond pseudo-immersion in order to set a trap for it?
>not inherently bad and good in my opinion
It's inherently bad when this is a game about fighting similar monsters over and over again. All this will do is drag the process out and make every fight that much longer and more tiring.
>>
>>380265684
Based reactionary retard, amazing snap judgment calls from a trailer of all things.
>>
>>380265758
Reply to the rest or you lose. There is literally nothing wrong with an item that can show you footprints when the series has an item that previously showed you exactly where the monster was on the map with an indicator. Yet you bash an actual ingame mechanic for tracking.
>>
>>380265543
>old MH games
>drink a Psychoserum
>Know where the monster is instantly
>bumrush to it and throw a paintball

>MH world
>Use fireflies to detect the scent trail of the monster

You want to know how I can tell you never actually touched an MH game in your life?
This is literally an improvement over the other games, and you're complaining about.
>>
>>380265762
IT'S OPEN WORLD! I CAN'T DEMONSTRATE MY VAST KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME TO RANDOM SHITTERS BY INSTANTLY RUNNING TO THE ZONE THE MONSTER FLEES TO!!!!
>>
>>380262875
drop in and out measn deaths matter less this time. Most likely they are chaging how missions works wich would be shit if they remove the time.
>>
>>380265515
Anaylised the trailer like mad and noticed that GS still has "Rising Slash". This was a two-buttons attack, which makes me think that its moveset is unchanged. We didnt see a single 3charge mind you but that attack may be not be considered cinematic enough for E3.

If any moves get cut, im expecting the three-charge finisher to go, which isnt a big loss since it disturbed the flow of GS to begin with.
>>
>>380265642
You guys are false flagging or jumping the gun off of 1 trailer. Fuck off
>>380265643
He's been in every MH since P3rd he's shit
>>
>>380265835
No anon, you should never use your brain, allow the hunter vision to guide you to your hunt instead.

No need for thinking.
>>
>>380245339
hold on, is there no companion cat?
>>
>>380265868
So basically there's going to be fade to blacks when transitioning.
That's fucking dumb.
>>
>>380246063
Hey I know i'm 3 hours late but have you ever thought about killing yourself.
>>
>>380264884
>replacing actually hunting with the Witcher 3 turn-of-your-brain smell-o'-meter

Actual hunting involves deriving the location of your quarry through environmental clues, such as spoor, tracks, trails, and visual cues in the environment. Kind of like what was displayed in the trailer.

Because you are experiencing a 'hunt' through a two dimensional medium with limited graphics fidelity, a system to highlight these cues is helpful. Especially when the character being played is canonically an expert at tracking.

I'm not sure what ever led you to believe that what MH had before this was 'actual hunting', when it involved using an item to instantly highlight the location of the monster on the map, or simply charging around the zones till you ran into the creature, based on its possible spawn locations.

That's not hunting.
>>
>>380265035
literally a butthurt nintenbro post
>>
>>380265319
Seems more like just another option to me than a major gameplay mechanic.
>>
>>380265515
Do you think maybe you idiots shouldn't be such paranoia queens over nothing and simply wait to PLAY it?
>a grappling hook CASUALIZED CASUALIZED CASUALIZED CASUALIZED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
That's how you are sounding right now.
>>
>>380262360
This, I played it on Playstation consoles originally. This is where it should have been headed all along. Finally coming home to consoles/PC. Looking better and with better/deeper gameplay mechanics than the old "press X to attack, press A to dodge" until its dead, old school monster hunter. Thank god they are advancing.
>>
>>380264884
>actual hunting

WHAT HUNTING. You talk as if there was "hunting" in the previous games. There wasn't. Monsters would always spawn in the same places, follow the same patterns. Even throwing a god damn paintball on them was just a gimmick for new players who didn't already memorize the path the monster takes because you've killed 500 times already.
>>
>>380265230
>It was grindy
God forbid having to kill a boss several times for its loot in a game about killing motherfucking bosses!

>There wasn't a single complex mechanic to it.
Elaborate "complex". Having to keep in mind and utilize many several things at once to succeed counts as pretty "complex" for me, namely:
1) different body parts of the bosses having different properties and how they react to different weaponry;
2) remembring boss moves and patterns, reacting to them and positioning yourself appropriately;
3) knowing and executing your weapon's moveset in the most efficient manner;
4) using environment to your advantage;
5) using items, bombs, traps, etc.

>sponge bosses
The difficulty comes not just from having to do something right just once or twice but it comes from having to keep doing that over prolonged portion of time which depends on how well geared you are and how well you do in actual combat. Most bossfights with bosses that you already know how to deal with do not take longer than 4-5 minutes of actual fight. That is absolutely fine.
>>
>>380246063
>played every MH game so far
>will play MH world too
enjoying your tears, faggot
>>
why wasnt this on nintendo consoles
JAJJAJAJJAJAJA
>>
>>380265896
>Reply to the rest or you lose
How new are you to the internet son?
>>
After the dogshit Generations was I'm ready for World.
>>
>>380266008
I just think it's not a very good trailer

fuck off, retard
>>
File: 1486619124862.jpg (88KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486619124862.jpg
88KB, 960x720px
>>380245339
You guys do realize that MHW is basically every Monster Hunter trailer becoming real gameplay tight? I mean have you seen the trailer for the first monster hunter?
>>
When they say seamless world do they mean like say BOTW where its one huge RPG open world and you can run into any monster from day one, or do you think theres still hubs where you can pick up specific quests to make certain monsters and gathering objectives appear but in a seamless world outside of town?
>>
>>380265925
who cares if he's shit, adding more things to hunt and therefore more gear to collect is literally the only reason people play the game. it doesn't hurt anything
>>
Japs holding back some vids removing them from youtube and shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HllNN-i2KEU
https://oddshot.tv/s/0-whhN
https://oddshot.tv/s/fNxcDJ
https://oddshot.tv/s/ZL1Buu

I'll need to see a hunt from start to finish before I decide to purchase this.
>>
>>380265950
Probably not, and that wouldnt be a big loss to me desu. Never been a fan of Felynes even though I know japan loves them. I know they were optional but if I have to hunt solo without some cat making constant cat noises and making cat puns, ill hardly complain.
>>
>>380265609
>not inherently bad and good in my opinion
it is givign the grinding nature of MH it will make grinding more annoying.
>>
>>380246063
Monster Hunter sucks on Nintendo hardware. Get over it.
>>
>>380266023
We get it, you don't like MonHun, why do you keep coming to MonHun threads?
>>
File: 1426973273506.jpg (90KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1426973273506.jpg
90KB, 500x500px
>all fourteen weapons present and accounted for
>no regenerating HP, health, stamina, potions, sharpness confirmed to function identically
>palicoes confirmed
>developed by mainline monhan authors

sorry, /v/, the game's gonna be good
>>
>>380265840
>It was aimed at veterans
And if you can see the state of people who actually play MH on /v/ versus people who claim to have been "playing MH since MH1", it has failed to land that mark with this emphasis on turning it into Cabella's Big Rathalos Huntinug rather than actual battling of monsters, which has drawn us into the series to begin with.
>>380265885
Should I assume any better of this game when we have nothing else to base it on but a trailer? One that's definitely supposed to be representative of gameplay? Every other MH's actual gameplay trailers showed us very quickly that they have primary MH mechanics as a focus. This one has immediately shown us that it doesn't, and that's why so many people are railing on this game.
>>
>>380261385
>Until we see more gameplay, I think being upset is a reasonable reaction.
you mean unreasonable
>>
>>380262614
True. I was skeptical at first too. But seeing the Japanese footage of gameplay and thinking on the new possibilities has me pretty excited. Still wanna see a bigger roster.
>>
>>380266181
The turbo autist fanbase on /v/ won't let you think that
>>
File: 1445891776080.gif (2MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1445891776080.gif
2MB, 750x750px
>all 14 weapons confirmed
>HP, stamina and sharpness in
>ecology and environment playing a greater effect
>open world
>a fucking console Monster Hunter which everyone has been wishing since forever
>back to it's PS2 roots where there was greater emphasis on the hunt

>people are mad
>>
>>380246861
Meleefag here
You don't know shit bout your favorite game being changed drastically next title
You'll be fine you faggot
>>
>>380266123
Literally the Lightning of MH at this point
>>
>>380265202
Been playing since MH1 and I'm looking forward to it way more than XX. The gameplay, while still fantastic, never captured my initial perception of the game when I first started playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAbijWwGbfw
>Monsters interacting with the world
>Monsters eating other monsters
>Being chased by monsters
>Luring monsters into a trap

All of these things were never present in the series in any form. MHW looks like it's capturing the feel of the cinematic trailers and shifting away from the arcade arena it was built on. I still need to see more of this game but for right now I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>380248251

>Again, what games do you like? Why do you like those games? Would you still like those games if core mechanics were dropped in favor of radically different mechanics

I've been a big Zelda fan for about 25 years. This is exactly what Breath of the Wild did and it's probably the best game I've ever played. I don't think it's particularly productive to get hung up on the specifics of individual mechanics. I'd rather examine what they brought to the formula, and think about what feelings are evoked by changing up the mechanical specifics of that formula. At first, I missed the traditional dungeons of past Zelda games, but the more I played Breath of the Wild, the more I realized that the danger, exploration and aesthetic variety that they brought to the table in previous Zelda games was more thoughtfully integrated into the world map than in any of the previous games, and it doesn't feel like a huge loss at all.

If they want to change up the nitty gritty of Monhan on a mechanical level, I'm interested in seeing what it turns into. If it can evoke or expand upon similar feelings from previous games in the series, I'll welcome the changes with open arms. Change can be scary, but some of the best art comes from designers who aren't afraid to take risks.
>>
>>380265903
This is something I might enjoy. I didn't like how after fighting a monster a few times you knew where it was scripted to hide, rest, eat, etc based on its health. I hope now it just flees to a bunch of areas or as far as it can get. But thats wishful thinking.
>>
>>380266186
There will be more gameplay shown on the 20th and I think on the 15th dont be impatient
>>
>>380266240
>>380266181
I love you Capcom marketers, really pushing niche games, but try harder next time, 'k?
>>
>>380266023
You realise memorization is a part of real life hunting right?
You don't just go in guns blazing, you search and figure out the nests and patterns of the animals you're hunting and MEMORIZE them when you're hunting again.
>>
>>380266138
i feel ya would be nice if they were optional this time around though, funny as fuck to see them go ape shit.
>>
>>380266240
>PS2 roots
That's exactly why.
People who started with Tri don't understand and think it's a vast, major difference
>>
>What do you mean I have to HUNT monsters in a game called Monster Hunter?!?

t. MH purists
>>
'purists' on here are just elitists
>>
>>380266181
>Modern Capcom trying to appeal to western audience
Has DmC taught you nothing?
>>
>>380266125

So confirmed gadgets/tools

>hand crossbow thing (paintball launcher)?
>hookshot
>ghilli suit
>firefly tracker
>sample collector

Looking pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>380265835
>memorizing a map layout is """hunting"""
You're making me laugh anon.
As for stuff like using the eggs, it's literally never necessary. You never have to go out of your way to lure or track a monster outside of throwing a paintball on it and following it 1-2 zones over when it runs.
>>
>>380266025

silver rathalos
>>
>>380266102
>Trying to minimize so hard.
Ok, see you in another thread in which you will scream CASUALIZED WESTERSHIT togheter with your friends, "I just think it's not a very good trailer" my ass.
>>
>>380265835
>So what you're telling me is that before you needed to memorize the hunting grounds of the monster and their nests?
Hey anon, let me teach you about this word: >IF
You dipshit. No, memorizing the exact same path the monster takes in every situation is only for the players who already killed it 500 times, which you often have to do.
Instead of memorizing, you just throw a paintball at the monster and it shows on your map at all times. Yeah, you can pinpoint the monster from anywhere. That real hardcore hunting there.
>Gee, sounds like what people do when they're hunting!
Sure does. Everyone knows that in real hunting animals always react the same way and take the same paths going the same places in every situation. Like real hunting!
>>
>>380266181
I want to see mons like Brachydios and Gore Magala in MHW, it's going to be beautiful
>>
>>380266181
Can I PLEASE get a source on ANY of this.
>>
>>380266275
Not because unlike Lightning these additions actually change/benefit gameplay.
>>
File: 53425235.jpg (53KB, 710x710px) Image search: [Google]
53425235.jpg
53KB, 710x710px
>>380245339
THIS THIS THIS
WE'RE FINALLY FUCKING FREE OF THIS HANDHELD GARBAGE
TY BASED GOD
t. MH veteran
>>
>>380266125
>2:09
grapling hook is a lot of i-frames
also that fucking range is ridiculous.
>>
File: 300px-Switch_Axe.jpg (17KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Switch_Axe.jpg
17KB, 300x224px
SWITCH AXE BOYS WHERE YOU AT?
>>
>>380265950
it's a game for western audiences
no fun allowed
>>
>>380266240
You forgot
>open world
>Hand holding trash
>No missions or timer
>Probably no grinding which is what people loved in japan

Yeah nah this is created by a B team as a spin off to please sonybros for once.
Mainline and main games stay on Switch.
MH5 next year for switch
>>
>>380266437
Some (non-developer) western community manager on twitter.
>>
>>380266437
One of the devs is answering questions on twitter. If theyre lying just return it on false advertising.
>>
>>380266023
paintballs are useful for fighting some of the flying monsters that had unpredictable patterns too. I seem to remember rathian being one of the monsters that had multiple escape routes.
>>
>>380265684
>liars
get a load of this faggot conjuring up fairy tales as a defence mechanism. I would tell you to ask me any question about it, but google exists, so your delusion is unfalsifiable.
>nobody gives a shit
wrong
>machinegun
nothing wrong with that
>ghillie
blending in with your environment is completely foreign in hunting
>hookshot pulls you out whenever you want
you haven't seen the full game. Often there are counters. Like air attacks against khezu for instance
>praising rehooking
I haven't seen anybody praise it and that was the only part I didn't like
>bitching about anime in XX
yeah, because it's fucking awful and ruining the series
>featherless chicken looks terrible
looks pretty good to me, in the original vision of MH and realistic aside from the MH elements.
>>
Video games are all about evolution. I'm happy that MH is finally free from Nintendo's shackles.
Games should move forward, not backwards. Hardware like 3DS and Switch only manage to hold games back from what they could truly become. Capcom made the right choice. Finally a step towards improvement from the game industry.
>>
File: MH Comm Manager.jpg (131KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
MH Comm Manager.jpg
131KB, 800x500px
>>380266437
Inb4 you believe an anon leaker over an employee
>>
>>380266372
This game is not your average shitty road hunting game where you shoot bears and deer. Sneaking around in the grass to get a potshot off on a Lagiacrus will only give you a marginal damage boost before the real fight starts. Nobody wants this but disingenuous Sonybros and Mustards who are hungry for ports.
>>
As someone who has been playing this series since the beginning and has put well over a thousand hours into it, let me say: this looks awesome. It's about damn time it came out in the US on a system with some power and has actually evolved a little in scope and gameplay.
>>
File: butitsaspinoff.png (85KB, 640x651px) Image search: [Google]
butitsaspinoff.png
85KB, 640x651px
>"B-but it's a spin off!"

Literally no reason to buy a switch now.
Also, I have been playing this game since it's first release on PlayStation 2, eat a dick "old" fans.
>>
>>380266330
no, in real life hunting you walk around and sit on your ass for literally hours. It's not that fun in terms of game mechanics.
>>
File: 1342413809083.png (134KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1342413809083.png
134KB, 450x600px
>Started MH with Freedumb
>Always enjoyed the classic Gen1/2 utilitarian aesthetic with a touch of fantasy elements which MHW goes back to and makes even better like the crossbow gauntlet
>Gen3 starts to casualize gameplay and make everything more anime
>Every game adds needless shit like completely broken weapon types that add nothing of value
>Let alone garbage like Slime, hunter arts and style
>MHW is announced
>People bitch about the fairie light or some shit when Tri added literal interaction icons for gathering or just about any actual map interaction
>People bitch about the same light when there's stuff Psychoserum or Sense which is exactly the same shit
>People bitch about the game looking cinematic when it looks just about like any MH trailer ever made
>People bitch about nonexistent QTEs when it's literally the same shit MH had since Tri with stuff like Rath pinning you down or Yogi hugging you and shaking you up good in P3rd
>Mounting is back and has been implemented with the 3DS game
>No hunter arts to be seen
>Rath and Ludroth(?) are in the game and there's a neat Not!Joe too
>More vertical elements than any other game so far thanks to grappling
>Stealth has always been in the series and now it's not fucking stupid but people still bitch about it
>Wall fucking jumping and leap attacks but this is somehow bad and cinematic even though leap attacks were praised with the 3DS games
>More meaningful environmental interaction
>People actually spreading misinformation about things that were not shown like flexing, cats and all that shit
>mfw

If you bitch about MHW somehow not looking like a MH game you're basically proving you're a late Gen3/4 kiddy and not a true MH veteran.
>>
>>380264867
This. So much this. I was a huge MH fan from the get go when it was on PS2 and PSP. When it made the move to the Wii I was willing to give it a shot but more and more they added stupid crap that made the game less about skill and more about having the best gems and and all the other super magical bullshit.

The game was better when elemental damage and knowledge of a monsters patterns was all that mattered. Also, shock traps all the shock traps to kill that fucking Plesioth and its broken ass hit boxes.
>>
File: confused negro.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
confused negro.png
74KB, 300x256px
>>380266506
>Listing no grinding as a negative
>>
>>380265697
>features that happen automatically are still better than none
Depends on their overall impact. Let's say the mechanic doesn't take a player to do anything but lead the monster where he knows the helpful event will occur. Such action doesn't take much skill from a player, just pull aggro of the target and then leg it while keeping aggro on him. Now if the impact is of such mechanic is very beneficial then it's a bad mechanic. If it's not but it may help in a pinch then it's okay. Low skill requirement should equal low overall impact of action made.

>Monster Hunter was just a grindy one-person MMO, no matter what you say.
>You'd walk to the same zones, fight the same mosnters in the same places a thousand times so you could get the equipment to go do the same thing somewhere else.
Nothing wrong with that since the game's core design point emphasizes just that. Now, a franchise COULD welcome something new its formula but without changing core design since then it'd become something completely different.
>>
>>380266418
this is my third post in this thread, you're free to build as many strawmans as you want but it won't make the trailer any better
>>
>>380266123
>adding more things to hunt
>expecting capcom to actually model more than 10 monsters in HD
>>
>>380265781
stop calling them purists, no purists are complaining about this game...yet
>>
>>380265956
How is that worse than a loading screen, which is basically a very long fade to black. Explain.
>>
>>380266512
>>380266540
Link or name or something? That isn't exactly a source.
>>
>>380266624
We get it, you don't like MonHun.
>>
>>380266624
The Japanese love it.

Just because you dont doesnt mean others dont.
>>
>>380264758
MH4's trailer was very much the same. It's probably still got the normal combat. They even showed normal dodges, the mount mechanic returns, and jump attack.
>>
>>380265956
What?
nigga no
there aren't "zones" anymore, just one big hunt area for each "instance"

So before you had the area divided into zones during the hunt, and now each of those areas is just going to be one seamless world.

I know there is comfort in repitition, but at a certain point you have to acknowledge that becoming comfortable with a shitty gameplay mechanic based entirely on a systems hardware restrictions is just Stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>380266125
>huge monster doesn't notice a poorly disguised human and clearly enhanced smell does nothing
>AoT tier grapples that make no sense even by Monster Hunter physics
>sparkle guide
>trap meta
Who asked for this?
>>
>don't play non mainline Frontier garbage
Fine

>Don't play MH Online non mainline garbage
Fine

>Don't play non mainline arcade and mobile garbage
Fine

>Don't want to play non mainline westernised open world Horizon Zero Dawn garbage

Hahahahaha u mad u mad u mad nintendbabby!

You see the problem here?
>>
File: czzzrred.jpg (22KB, 1079x101px) Image search: [Google]
czzzrred.jpg
22KB, 1079x101px
>>380266272
>mfw project M
>>
>>380266680
https://twitter.com/SocksyBear/with_replies
>>
>>380266572
Tracking is a major part of any hunt. The time it takes to bag a kill is irrelevant to that portion of the hunt.

You have to actually find your quarry this time around instead of stumbling in on them just basking in the sun in the middle of some large open area.
>>
File: 1429791008963.jpg (26KB, 511x341px) Image search: [Google]
1429791008963.jpg
26KB, 511x341px
>mhfags complain about dying series
>mh devs spice things up
>mhfags complain about ruined series
>mh devs tone things down
>mhfags complain about dying series

Nothing to see here.
>>
File: 4892.png (114KB, 934x373px) Image search: [Google]
4892.png
114KB, 934x373px
>>380245339
>this is the dream MH game
to desperate sonyfags maybe, to the real fans this is just a new MHO/F.
>>
>>380266718
If the firefly shit is actually an item like some say its less bullshit than psychoserum.
>>
This is the MH made for people who didn't bandwagon onto the series after Tri onward. The game was never some super goofy, campy anime arcade romp. It was pretty serious and back in the day people had to actually use stealth, traps and items effectively.
>>
>>380266819
>dying series
Literally a lie
>>
>>380266724
>non mainline

Source?
>>
>>380264867
This all the way. PS2 and PSP hunter here. I gladly welcome the innovations here. I was tired of the old formula by the time Tri came out for Wii. But at least that one advanced the graphics, and heavily improved the hitboxes and animations. This was the next logical step and long overdue honestly.
>>
File: Barioth-Concept1.jpg (247KB, 780x496px) Image search: [Google]
Barioth-Concept1.jpg
247KB, 780x496px
So what does /v want when it comes to monsters? Do you want mostly new with some old ones or do you want a more 50/50 split? Personally I am torn, I wanna see many new creatures but I kinda wanna see monsters like the Barioth and the Tigrex revamped for this new kind of game structure...
>>
>>380266825
>t. Tribaby
>>
File: Girl eat semen bottle.jpg (9KB, 235x250px) Image search: [Google]
Girl eat semen bottle.jpg
9KB, 235x250px
>>380266506
>Probably no grinding which is what people loved in japan
And that's a bad thing because?
>>
>>380266825
>No true scotsman
>>
>>380266572

What makes you think it's a potshot? Could be a paintball/debuff etc. for all we know.
>>
>>380266713
>MH4's trailer was very much the same.
why does people keep saying this? the trailer for MH4 showed story, new weapons and 4 new monsters.
There was a tech demo when they showed 3G but it was that a tech demo of climbing.
>>
>Devs say theres still the usual carving and forging gear from parts aspect
>WAH THE GRINDS GONE ITS JUST A MOVE THEYRE LYING
>>
>>380265872
>why do I need to
I don't know
>pseudo immersion
you say that like getting closer to immersion is bad
>when the game is about
I disagree and your last complaint is a balance issue. The game is about fighting monsters over and over as a practical limitation. If it were possible, I'm sure we would all prefer to fight something new and great every single time.
>>
>>380266272
why isn't melee like smash 64 anon?
>>
>>380266950
We get it you dont like monster hunter
>>
>>380266897

That's the point, dipshit.
>>
>>380266942

Zinogre and whatever the fuck else they want to add
>>
>>380266592
>will I have to pay 400 for (game)?
Lel, is the concept of owning two consoles completely alien to these kiddos?
>>
>>380266658
>it won't make the trailer any better
Great job at trying to move the goal post. Now, excuse me, I need to compare this game to DmC, join me later.
>>
>>380246407
Nope, that's why I still play CoD.
>>
If people don't want change, them why don't you just play the first monster hunter game over and over again and don't buy the new ones?

Same thing goes for Pokémon. The nostalgic fanbase is actually ruining it for everyone else. Not even kids get hooked to Pkmn that much nowadays.
>>
>>380266724
Devs confirmed its mainline.
>>
>>380267126
Prove it
>>
>>380266025
>Elaborate "complex". Having to keep in mind and utilize many several things at once to succeed counts as pretty "complex" for me, namely...
Hate to break it to you, anon, but none of those things are new or complex. All of those things are video game basics, except maybe for the 1)
But
>Remembering boss moves and patterns
Even super mario required this.
>Knowing and executing your weapons moveset in the most efficient manner
Basically, knowing how to play the game. Yeah, every game needs this too.
>Using environments to your advange
Again, basically every single modern game for several years now that has any sort of environment interaction, which is most.
>using items, bombs, traps
Are you kidding me?
>>
>>380267016
>Monster Hunter = grind

But that's wrong, you fucking ingrate
>>
>>380267092
It's just sad seeing more misguided generic open-world western shit in the market place.
>>
>>380264320
It's not been completely overhauled. The core combat is still there. There is still mounting, there is still traps (also environmental). There are still jump attacks. This ALL existed in MH4U and MHGen. The only difference is that it isn't the same shitty PS2 graphics and loading screens every 2 minutes anymore. Oh, and they actually added some real advancements this time.
>>
>>380266548
>get a load of this faggot conjuring up fairy tales as a defence mechanism. I would tell you to ask me any question about it, but google exists, so your delusion is unfalsifiable.
How about you show me a picture of how far your MH collection goes?
>wrong
I'm already inclined to assume you literally have never played MH.
>nothing wrong with that
You lose all of the penalties for rapid firing with LBG and siege mode with HBG which required you understanding positioning before firing. Now all you need to do is walk backwards and pull the trigger, ala Lost Planet, but without Akrid to tag you for it
>blending in with your environment is completely foreign in hunting
Again, this isn't a franchise known for sneaking in the grassland and tagging deer to chase them in the woods later. You beat the shit out of giant monsters before beating the shit out of giant-er monsters. Hiding around in the grass is pointless.
>you haven't seen the full game. Often there are counters. Like air attacks against khezu for instance
This one clearly hasn't shown us this at all. Which is why I am mad, and why most MH fans are mad.
>I haven't seen anybody praise it and that was the only part I didn't like
You clearly weren't here all of last night during the reveal.
>yeah, because it's fucking awful and ruining the series
While keeping its core tenents intact? Especially when you can just turn on Guild Style and not use Arts?
>looks pretty good to me, in the original vision of MH and realistic aside from the MH elements.
Because they didn't have the features they clearly wanted in the game at the time available. And MH1 was absolutely terrible. Inaccessible areas due to lava barriers, constasnt running because they had no idea how to make AI work, the hitboxes were absolutely obscene, blocking often times just didn't work at all, there's a laundry list they needed to fix. Never rely on saying "MH1 is what we want" when talking about a series that has improved since.
>>
File: 1489077616997.png (104KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1489077616997.png
104KB, 320x287px
>>380267016
No i don't like a grind things dumbass, do you know how to read?
>>
>>380266571
Not really believing the leak atm, but I do have concerns about why he is allowed to make reveals about the game like this, seems to be a pretty big nobody.
>>
monster hunter fans havent liked a game since 4 and its rehashes

so why get mad at that, the old MH has been dead for years are clearly not coming back, dont blame this for not being something that was never gonna happen and will never happen again
>>
>>380267086
Could you pinpoint the goal I moved instead of getting caught up in the us vs them mentality.
>>
>>380266884
>Monster Hunter was never goofy and campy
>he says as his hunter flexes after drinking a potion
>>
>>380266884
> It was pretty serious
no it wasnt. why does people keep thinking like this? felynes, songs, gestures, armors, joke weapons, everything always had some kind of charm and silliness to it.
>>
File: 1472682594463.jpg (606KB, 480x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472682594463.jpg
606KB, 480x960px
Are we forgetting that when Capcom makes a game for the Western audience and tries to "remake" the formula it crashes and burns? We've seen literally no gameplay just a brief explanation of what features will be in the game.

MH is not a game series as it is. It's very redundant and adding new styles is all that keeps it fresh really. We need new monsters, new maps, and new weapons, too much gets reused game after game. That is basically it.

If this game delivers it, great.
If this game delivers it and changes the formula to the point of playing like a generic spin off that doesn't feel like a MH game it will be complete trash. There is more chance of this happening than not happening.

You have to realize, the main games are where the main audience lies and Capcom isn't going to ditch that. It's where the money is. This is them getting their feet wet to see if they can tap into a larger, western audience and make more money.
>>
>>380248251
>Because I enjoy Monster Hunter and I don't want to have something I enjoy taken from me, especially when it's being given to those who do not have the same passion for the series as I do.

MH "fans" everyone. Much nintendo, very elitist.
>>
>>380267224
Capcom was fully aware fans would be worried, so why not let one of their guys run his mouth? Keeping fans happy is more important than confidentiality.
>>
>>380266979
MH4 was supposed to be a open world MH with large areas that the monsters can interact with along with jumping mechanics and mounting being a thing. But they couldn't make that because of the 3DS MHW is that tech demo becoming a reality
>>
>>380267176
Your reading comprehension fails you, I never stated that any of those were complex by themselves, BUT coupling them all together makes the whole hunting process rather complex. Reread the original statement and give it some more thought plox
>Having to keep in mind and utilize many several things at once to succeed counts as pretty "complex"
>many several things at once
>>
>>380267151
https://twitter.com/dubindoh/status/874439225130704896
>>
>>380267074
Why throw away money?
>>
'''purists''' get xx, a classic mh like they wanted

'''casuals''' get the next gen future of the franchise like they wanted

why are people mad?
>>
>>380267203
so why don't you just play the games that are already out? There's fucking enough of them.
>>
>>380267445
Since the latest game of the franchise counts as the only that matters.
>>
>>380266884
>It was pretty serious
>Music box spit
>Flexing after potions
>Dance gestures all the way back in MH1
>All of the goofy NPCs
>The sheer count of armor that was just silly-looking and gag weapons

>people had to use stealth, traps....effectively
Now I know that none of you clowns ever played MH1. The only thing you needed to do effectively was be telepathic and know where those shitheads would fly to, because running was never enough.
>>
>>380267401
>dev
>>
>>380267316
Every game that has ever changed the formula dramatically sold well except Frontier. 4U and 3/3U all did.
>>
>own PS4 pro
>casual interest in Monster Hunter
>don't like the look this game
>voice any form of criticism
>NINTENKEK! ELITIST! WAIT UNTIL THE GAME IS OUT, BUY IT AT FULL PRICE AND THEN JUDGE IT!
What the fuck is going on ITT?
>>
>>380267445
BECAUSE ALL GAMES MUST BE FOR ME.
>>
>>380267308
And you think this wont be present because of some western boogeyman?
>>
>>380267414
Why complain that X game isn't on Y console?
>>
File: 1495007506350.gif (2MB, 177x150px) Image search: [Google]
1495007506350.gif
2MB, 177x150px
>>380266884
>The game was never some super goofy, campy anime arcade romp
>anime style
>flex at everything
>cute cat
>>
>>380246063
>all he played was mobile shit
>claims to be fan of the series
fuck off casul newfag
>>
File: 1426743623976.png (46KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1426743623976.png
46KB, 400x300px
>>380267516
anon you should quit embarrassing yourself while you're

well not "ahead", but you know what i mean
>>
>>380248251
See this is why the market is full of samey releases. Because of people like you. ALWAYS gotta have literally the same thing over and over. Innovations and real risk-taking? Nope fuck that. Let's just have MH15: Literally The Same Edition
>>
>>380267092
the people complaining didn't play the first monster hunter

the people who played the first monster hunter did so because of the ideas seemingly shown in mhw, or at least that's why I did

>same goes for pokemon
the same criticisms exist for pokemon, it's going into supercharged retard territory just like monster hunter was/is
>>
>>380246861
You've literally had the same game how many times in a row now?
>>
>>380267516
Where is your proof that it's a spin off?
>>
>>380267524
6 years of resentment for no MH on Sony systems.

All the little fanboys have to get their spite out. All this is clouding the fact the game looks like shit and the least MH game yet.
>>
>>380267445
Were in a dark timeline where MHXX is considered normal.
>>
>>380248251
>Again, what games do you like? Why do you like those games?
Not him, but my taste in games can range from mainstream shit like the Halo games, to unique gems like the Metroid Prime trilogy and Shadow of the Colossus. I am also an avid fan of the Pokemon games.

I started playing MH in Tri, and I am cautiously optimistic for this. I personally believe the changes are just quality of life changes, such as the more realistic take on how hunting works that we've seen in the game(stalking the monster, using camouflage, etc.). So long as the core of the game-the challenging combat, reminds largely unchanged, I think it'll be fine.
>>
>>380267524
This whole thread is usually what happens when a game trespasses on the consoles war territory

not only is this trailer upsetting the casual vs pure monster hunter fans, but it's also upsetting the people who have nintendo and sony consoles. And I'm sure there are a couple nintendo and sony fanboys here who don't even care for these games but want to prove their console superior.
>>
>>380250502
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/rainway_an_app_targeting_pc_streaming_to_nintendo_switch_lines_up_announcement

I'll stream it on my switch. Cry about it.
>>
>>380267284
You posted a comment about the trailer to justify the reactions of the rabid shitposters, which, you know, are clearly unjustifiable.
>getting caught up in the us vs them mentality.
Which is the only right mentality in this case. And it's absolutely clear that you don't want to admit that they are just shitposters and nothing more.
>>
>>380267539
could you stop putting word in my mouth you fucking retard. im correcting people that are having aizhaimer reagrding how the series was.
>>
>>380266330
No, LEARNING is a part of real hunting. You LEARN an animal habits and territory, then you use that knowledge to adapt to the situation.
An animal isn't always going to be in the exact same spot. It isn't always going to react the exact same way and it most certainly won't always run through the same places.
The animal won't behave the exact same way its entire life. IF you go hunt an animal, fail and try again the next day, you can bet your dumbass that it won't repeat the same patterns from the previous day.
Trying to compare Monster Hunting from the previous few games to "actual hunting" is really fucking dumb.
>>
>>380247987
The issue with niche japanese games is that if fewer people buy a game with bad changes, the series doesn't go back, it just dies.
>>
>>380267445
They both look like shit.
>>
>>380267540
Because we are on /v/
>>
>>380267669
The people complaining are people who started with Tri and Nintendo fans want things to always be the same.
Not even a shitpost, if the people complaining played the PS2 games they'd realize it's not as major of a shift as they think.
>>
>>380267445

because mh fags are not happy unless every single iteration of their pet series is exactly the same

if they had it their way, monhun would have remained exactly the same year after year, except with new monsters only, and possibly upgraded graphics

the 'core mechanics' are their sacred cow, and including anything new always sets them off
>>
moarlike monster RUNNER what was that shit
>>
>>380251736
>mechanics removed
You must be retarded. The trailer showed ADDITIONS. Saw nothing removed.
>>
>>380245339
This is pretty much the game that makes nintentoddlers with no good pc seeth
>>
File: 1496993164627.jpg (38KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496993164627.jpg
38KB, 565x600px
>>380259946
>It's been bad since MHX

This. "Purists" bitching that this somehow ruined MH, meanwhile MHX/XX exists which is actually provably hot garbage that turned the series into casual westernized trash that they accuse this game of being. Monster Hunter World looks like it's going back to what MH is about.

It's just nintendobabbies crying that the most exciting MH game since Tri / 3U is coming for all major platforms except a Nintendo one. Meanwhile you guys are likely going to get a MH5 eventually so it's not like you should feel threatened by this title.
>>
>>380245339
>you purists can fuck off and suck my cock.

Seriously, can someone give me the gist why purists don't like this ?
>>
>>380267705
Is it the Vita guys? Most of my friends have never even heard of Monster Hunter, me and a half a dozen guys watched E3 and none were interested in it.

>>380267743
>upsetting the people who have nintendo and sony consoles
Again, is it the Vita and 3DS spergs doing this?

Like what the fuck?
>>
>>380267750
>streaming games
wew lad
>>
>>380267862
Purists do like this.
The people who don't like it are the ones who started with Tri
>>
>>380246861
>game suddenly had its core gameplay completely changed just for kicks? Would you like to see something you enjoy become a watered down imitation of what made you fall in love with the series in the first place?

Excuse me, did you really come this conclusion from a trailer, that has shown zero (0) fucking gameplay whatsoever, that would allow you to draw that conclusion?
Why are so many people this retarded on /v/?
>>
File: timing, precision.webm (3MB, 704x384px) Image search: [Google]
timing, precision.webm
3MB, 704x384px
>>380246063
Played MH for like 10,000 hours since MH1.

The trailer makes it look like the whole focus of this game is on environments (which people already criticize about 4 and X) and luring the monster into a precast trap (a tree for a pitfall-esque trap, under a rock to shoot the rock and have it crushed, clumps of branches in the water to make it slip).

You can always just jump onto the monster, even when it's in a trap. He did not stand in front of it and try to time his attacks properly to hit the wobbling head, no, he just jumps onto it and mashes buttons. Almost everything in the trailer seemed scripted, like a long corridor the monster is chasing you through.

It's not Monster Hunter. It could be a fun casual game but it shouldn't even be called Monster Hunter. There is no winner here. Quit the console warrior shit.

Also machine guns while being able to move, waypount tracker, open world with emptiness and long ways instead of shortcuts because shortcuts are not epic.
>>
>>380267816
Do you even play a MH game before you newfag?
>>
>>380267202
>This ALL existed in MH4U and MHGen.
In a completely different form mind you none of the mechanics work as they did before and there's far more focus on indirectly attacking the monster than before.

>Oh, and they actually added some real advancements this time.
What real advancements?
Environmental traps only centralize the game towards it which is what I mean by indirectly attacking. You can mount the monster and actually guide it to one of them as shown here >>380266125 and just deal with it that way.
"Je suis monte" became a very common thing in 4 what makes you think that these aren't going to be abused to extremes in a similar way? Especially if the glaive is in the game.
It also looks like they increased the chance of mounting again or that it just happens in one on every monster now.
Then there's the grapple. Using it arguably makes mounting an even better option than before seeing as you can just use it to zip back onto the monster with no effort.

This isn't an advancement.
>>
>>380267862
its exclusively the 3ds pirates who have a problem with this
>>
>>380267524
Yeah because knee-jerk reactions to what was essentially a tech demo are the way to go. It's always one of two extremes with you shitposters.
>>
>>380266942
>So what does /v want when it comes to monsters?
I'll be fine even with a MH1 roster as long as the new mechanics and revamped core gameplay are good, don't really care about new monsters as long as the gameplay's spiced up enough to make things new, which seems to be the case, MH was getting too repetitive for me to care since 3U and all the "additions" were broken shit that actively ruined the gameplay while not adding anything significant.
I really, really hope there's not as many recolors or Apex bullshit, but with how lazy the MH team is I doubt they would resist.

But really, I dig the art direction so far, it feels like old MH alright and that's what really made me interested outside of the apparent lack of hunter arts and cool environmental interaction, don't really get why people say this game is casualized or westernized, but that's /v/'s console kiddies for you.
>>
>>380267779
an animal will see you hding ina bush in front of them.
>>
>People think you can hunting irl and every day a deer will spawn in the same place, run to the same coordinates (where you set up a trap) and let you just run right up to it from behind because it has no line of sight

This is a true MH finally.
>>
>>380268013
Yes, they didn't have long corridors through which you can just run without fighting back due to scripted events.
>>
>>380267194

But other people might like it, and buy it. Your opinion is irrelevant.
Stop looking at games as if they meant something to you and start facing them for what they are: Consumer goods.

Don't like the new flavor? Then just stick to the old one.
>>
>>380267897
/v/ has been consolewar retards and retards pretending to be consolewar retards since the dawn of time

Welcome to everyone' favorite falseflagging imageboard
>>
Sony cucks so desperate for a MH game they unironically are happy to get the most watered down least MH game ever

Pathetic. I honestly hope MH5 is announced today so we can be rid of you all forever.
>>
File: 1463388318593.png (711KB, 1600x2162px) Image search: [Google]
1463388318593.png
711KB, 1600x2162px
>waah it's different because they only showed off new stuff instead of old stuff we already know about
>they did literally the exact same thing with the Monster Hunter 4 reveal.
>>
>>380268080
>PS4 owners aren't allowed to voice casual opinions on a trailer at a game trade show on their console or else they are a Nintenbro/purist

Thanks anon
>>
File: Avert your Path.jpg (25KB, 870x600px) Image search: [Google]
Avert your Path.jpg
25KB, 870x600px
>>380268142
>DUDE WHAT IF VIDEO GAMES WERE REAL LIFE LMAO
Every single one of these threads.
>>
>>380267779
>No, LEARNING is a part of real hunting
What do you think you do when you learn anon.
That information doesn't just erase itself when you're done sonny jim.

Believe it or not LEARNING and MEMORIZATION is the same thing. What you're talking about is applied knowledge which doesn't apply to any monhun game to date
>>
>People overreacting to the fully automatic LBG/HBG without first asking if its a specific gimmick like an autofire ammo, special move, or something you can only use once that they wanted to show off
>>
>>380267983
>>
>>380268214
they didnt
the actual MH4 trailer had combat, wepons monsters and story elements. You are think of the tech demo that showcased climbing.
>>
>>380267796
>>380267714
>>380267503
MH as you knew it, pre 4U is dead and has been for a while, just accept it and try and enjoy the new stuff
>>
>>380268258
>Wanting a game where the enemies continue to be brainless retards with no sense of awareness, predictable patterns, choreographed moveset, and designated locations where they're guaranteed to hide at so you can barrel bomb them
>>
>>380268442
4U was perfect. Only contrarians didnt like climbing and mountains. Styles and arts are the real problem.
>>
>>380245339
>"purists"
You mean assblasted N-tards I presume ?
Cuz I played the serie since it's debut and I'm hyped as fuck.
>>
>>380268214
Your memory must be lacking.
https://youtu.be/acHkUhkg6AY
>>
>>380268450
So MH Worlds?
>>
File: 1306694597354.png (43KB, 264x258px) Image search: [Google]
1306694597354.png
43KB, 264x258px
>>380267750
>I'll stream it on my switch.
>>
>>380268171
No shit it's a scripted event, it's a trailer faggot.
MH series always do this, the first trailer will show all the cool shit, the second one that come out 2-4 weeks later will show a real gameplay
>>
>>380268507
mounting*
>>
>>380267316
>We've seen literally no gameplay
And that's why I reserve my judgement until I see a full hunt. I'm cautiously optimistic but it is nu-capcom we're dealing with.
>>
>>380267521
No no, those weren't dramatic changes. The core was still this.

This is a complete change up of mechanics. It's not Monster Hunter Stories level of change no, it's not an entirely different genre but it's basically going open world now. With some level of platforming and using actual camo. In fact, it sounds like its trying to jump onto the open world gimmick that MGSV really opened up when it came out. It resonated with the west and now capcom is trying to mimick it with a popular franchise to back it up.

I feel like, its either going to be really good or feel like a dumbed down version that guts the core mechanics and replaces them with shit gimmicks that people who never played MH will like more. Kind of like with the chinese MMO that is pretty meh. And if that's the case I would just keep playing the main games no matter how appealing open world and good graphics are.
>>
>>380267983
>Also machine guns while being able to move

It's a bow gun.

>waypount tracker

Psycho serum, tracker skill...

>open world with emptiness and long ways instead of shortcuts because shortcuts are not epic.

The maps will have the exact same layout as they do now but they are seamless instead of having loading screens between zones.

>Almost everything in the trailer seemed scripted, like a long corridor the monster is chasing you through.

Have you never seen previous launch trailers for Monster Hunter? They do in engine scripted videos.

>Played MH for like 10,000 hours since MH1.

Doubt it.
>>
>>380268279
>Believe it or not LEARNING and MEMORIZATION is the same thing.
Nah. You memorize a pattern of a shit AI enemy and you repeat it like a monkey and it's no fun. You learn how to fight a real life smart enemy. You can't memorize an attack pattern in real life, you have to learn what kind of an enemy the guy is and use your intuition, not your memory, to win. That's a whole another level of fun.
>>
>>380267334
>>380267334
>>380267334
new
>>
>>380268396
>>380268524
Any not retard would have seen the tech demo as the actual reveal trailer.
>>
File: 1493038644221.png (430KB, 1134x659px) Image search: [Google]
1493038644221.png
430KB, 1134x659px
>>380267750
>I'll stream it on my switch. Cry about it.
Mad as fuck
>>
>>380268507
>Only contrarians didnt like climbing and mountains.
Todd?
>>
>>380268529
No I was was referring to previous titles, which MHW is completely unlike.
>>
>>380267391
BUT ALL OF THOSE THINGS ARE COMMON. TOGETHER.
Most games require: knowing boss patterns, knowing how to use your weapon, using items, using environments.
Mario has all those things, Sonic has all those things, Half Life had all those things, Dark Souls had all those things and those games are all different genres.
You didn't list anything complex. Even if you put all those things together, it still isn't complex. Any average game in the past 10 years has all those features.
How can you possibly think that your little list of things that "coupled together are complex" isn't ridiculous?
>>
I would like to remind any non-mh folks visiting this thread that the 'mh fans' of the series who play it religiously, are also the ones who spend the most time figuring out how to exploit it the hardest....so they don't have to spend time playing it.

They literally do everything possible, in a sort of ritual, to speed up their 'hunts', because they universally agree that playing the game without a huge amount of buffs and bullshit is TEDIOUS AS FUCK, and they want nothing to do with it.

These are the people who group up in an online lobby with slime bows, and kill g-rank monsters in seconds to 'speed farm', because they 'need to finish their set', the purpose of which, of course, is to kill things faster.

AKA, spend less time enjoying the mechanics that they say they like so much, and more time looting, which they say they don't care about, since 'the grind is fun'.
>>
>>380268450
>As he sits here defending an obviously scripted location for the new booger-rex as it follows you down a hand-paved corridor to get hit by a fucking setpiece trap made almost invariably to hit it thanks to the retarded AI having no sense of awareness, a predictable chase pattern, the same fireball attack, and in a designated room to simply get pounded on by the environment
>>
>>380267959
>Purists do like this.
Yes. All those purists who hate swimming, mounting, and anime styles are loving the game with more mounting and Attack on Titan grappling.
>>
File: 1358525892001.jpg (82KB, 500x792px) Image search: [Google]
1358525892001.jpg
82KB, 500x792px
>>380268280
>people overreacting to a 90% scripted game trailer in the first place
>>
File: 1489038936739.jpg (33KB, 437x176px) Image search: [Google]
1489038936739.jpg
33KB, 437x176px
>>380268442
>X is dead and has been for a while, just accept it and try and enjoy the new stuff
You fucking know how many times has this happened already? I lost god fucking damn count!!
And what was wrong with 4U btw? I thought it was pretty in line with previous installments.
>>
>>380268841
It's considered the best game in the series
>>
>swimming
>Flying around on teradactyls
>Dennis the menace slingshot for epic strategically placed set piece destruction

I don't know what to make of this. I think the PS4 hardware is garbage and runs any modern game like shit and would honestly rather just have MH5 on switch
>>
>>380268841
if you liked x you fall into the casual category
>>
>>380267203
>show me a picture
i don't still have my ps2, and gave everything but 4u and gen to kids for christmas, but like I said earlier, I played on an adapter with a cord and portable tv tethering me to my mother's slow ass router 4 feet away and dc'd every other hunt
>I'm inclined to assume you've never played
I've played every single one other than 2
>you lose all of the penalties
you have literally no idea how it's going to be balanced
>this isn't a franchise known for
and? it was originally a more advertised feature and it wouldn't be inherenly bad for the game
>this hasn't shown one at all
none were shown in 4 either
>you clearly weren't here
no, but nobody is overly praising it or vehemently defending it now. everybody seems cautiously optimistic for it, like all the new features
>keeping it's core tenants intact
>my opinion constitutes it's core tenants
I considered fighting rather primitively with a twist the philosophy of the game until the bullshit started coming out. I considered some grounding in reality to be a core tenant.
>most MH fans are mad
lol how fucking delusional
>when you can just not use the features
retarded
>because they didn't have the features they clearly wanted
yeah, they're fulfilling them now
>mh1 was terrible
not at the time, there was nothing like it. comparing modern games with older ones on technology is idiotic.
>never rely on saying MH1 is what we want
you just don't get it when people say that. It isn't, "we want all the tech walls" it's that people want the feel of it and why they bought into the franchise in the first place, which you fundamentally misunderstand
>>
>>380268637
>You can't memorize an attack pattern in real life, you have to learn what kind of an enemy the guy is and use your intuition, not your memory, to win. That's a whole another level of fun.
So you're not using what you learned.
What exactly is your point again?
>>
>>380268748
Its almost like every trailer for E3 is prerecorded to go perfectly ever since earlier E3s had live demos where players fucked up and made the game look bad or unfun.
>>
>>380268734
God fucking damn it, anon, those things ADD UP. 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 doesn't equal 1 you moron, they become 5! When you throw many mechanics together in the game they work the same way! They MAY NOT seem complex to you since you see those as something absolutely normal and regular as you are used to them but abstract from your fucking experience and point of view and observe the matter from the side and you'll see that the result is pretty fucking complex but not too damn complex for the game to become nigh unbeatable. It's the right amount of complexity.
>>
File: C5VgbKvUcAA4k7n.jpg (111KB, 1200x677px) Image search: [Google]
C5VgbKvUcAA4k7n.jpg
111KB, 1200x677px
WHERES THE FELYNES
>>
>>380268450
>no sense of awareness
did you miss the hunter wearing a cap and dissapearing to all monsters
>predictable patterns, choreographed moveset
so like they showed with the feather dineo?
did you miss the part where it was sleeping in a cave.

People thinking that they will be "hunting " are fucking stupid. You cant put random actions and behaviour patterns on a game that wants you to hunt the same moster 5 times. You are going to learn his habit one tie like we all do in each MH and then find the easist way to kill it, and giving all the natural traps this is going to be easier here.
>>
>>380267445
>purists want xx
fake news

nintendo only newfags are not purists, they like all the retarded bullshit that's been added. The more flashy and over designed, the better
>>
>>380268995
"X" meant to be any long-running game franchise that got changed in a snap lately.
>>
>>380268780
pretty much this, this games has three times the vertical gameplay people complained about on 4u and X.
>>
>>380269072
>So you're not using what you learned.
Are your retarded, son? Have you ever played with a real person? Do you memorize their attack patterns? You don't do you. You just learn what kind of person they are. What are you memorising there exactly, their DNA sequence?
>>
>>380267983
Yeah because none other MH trailer was heavy scripted and showing nothing of the actual gameplay.
Its ok when Nintendo does it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0O9KwMZ7_8
>>
>>380258185
>They've not improved their control scheme since the first gam

Ah yes, I remember using the second stick to attack on my psp.
>>
>>380269403
but judging by that dislike bar it's clearly not?

Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>380269403
you realize that was the tech demo for 4 right?
hence why it said "a new peoject begins" , wasnt even half done.
the actual trailer for the game did show evetyhing about the game that people were curious.
>>
>>380262303

Twitter capcom/monhun pr guy confirmed it.
>>
>>380267316
>Are we forgetting that when Capcom makes a game for the Western audience and tries to "remake" the formula it crashes and burns?

True, but only when they outsourced development to a Western shitdev. MHW is made by the MH developers.

MH has the mainline series plus an MMO. I won't count that bizarre chibi-styled RPG. I think an open-world MH would work great with everything else in this series and it's been a LONG time coming.
>>
I wonder if Valfalk will be in the game
>>
>>380268712
>the enemies continue to be brainless retards with no sense of awareness
But MHW is the only monhun game where you can sneak in front of a blatantly and it won't see you.
1 to X allowed you to sneak up on a monster but if you crawled directly in front of it it would see you. Something you can't sat the same for in Worlds.
So that's no sense of awareness, check.

Unless they made an AI that can adapt, learn and create new animations then that's still the case in worlds except now monsters can chase you in corridors in a predictable fashion.
So, check.

>designated locations where they're guaranteed to hide at so you can barrel bomb them
Anon, the world having no load zones doesn't mean that there isn't going to be designated spots for various monsters where they sleep.
Unless you're suggesting they just continue attacking instead of attempting an escape like a wounded animal would.
>>
>>380269696
>>380269612
>literally the trailer for monster hunter 4
>HURRR IT DOESNT COUNT
>>
they started going downhill with X i'm fine with a change
>>
>>380270148
Why are you strawmanning this hard? What do you have to gain from this?

Back when that trailer was released it was mocked on /v/ and /vg/, so why turn around like a retard and pretend anyone here liked it?
>>
>>380270347
Did you even read my own comment? Everyone here loves MH4 NOW, the trailer was hated just like this one yet the game was still the monster hunter everyone wanted.
>>
>>380270148
>games just started development here is a demo of what to expect
>I-IT W-AS THE MH4 TRAILER GUYS
you are pathetic
Thread posts: 539
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.