[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't seen a single thread about Days Gone. Was everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (371KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
371KB, 1920x1080px
I haven't seen a single thread about Days Gone. Was everyone unimpressed? Was a bit standard.
>>
no one gives a shit about zombie games because it isnt 2009 anymore
>>
>open world
>zombies
>detective vision

Its like the perfect storm of generic shit. If it has crafting its game over.
>>
What is the appeal? It's been done before, the trailer looked boring and it even showcased QTEs and you can expect D grade humor, how exciting
>>
Looks too much like Last of Us. And if I'm honest, while I've got enough in me to be excited for Last of Us 2 even though I don't own any of the current gen consoles, I'm pretty sick of these cinematic shooters. Having recognised actors in video games can fuck off as well, while we're at it.

Let's give post apocalyptic zombie shit a rest for a few years unless it's really bringing something new to the table. Please.
>>
>>380241471

>make a considerably less compelling The Last of Us

Nah I'm good man.
>>
>>380241471
>Zombie horde on the river bit
>Character is being quiet
>Suddenly theres guys 50 feet away yelling and fighting eachother
>Zombies somehow dont hear that shit and come running

Why emphasise being quiet to avoid zombies then do that
>>
>>380241789
>>
>>380241789
no, no anon its also going to have BASE BUILDING
>>
>>380241471
>generic zombie game #356

Yawn
>>
>>380241935
Because of that, I thought that the guys fighting eachothers were some kind of zombie evolution.
>>
File: 1490487362157.png (633KB, 847x472px) Image search: [Google]
1490487362157.png
633KB, 847x472px
>>380241974
>>380241789

Crafting is the most tedious fucking mechanic and I hate the way it's weedled its way into so many games. Why is Adam Jensen crafting ammo out of a pile of nuts and bolts? Fuck it.
>>
>>380241974
Hahaha I was only joking how the fuck can this be real

I want off this crazy worldline
>>
>>380242009
This
genre saturation has killed it before it even got released
>>
>>380242140

i started skimming through this digital trends article and here are the big features being touted

>some of the environment has contextual interaction
>dynamic weather aka it rains sometimes and there is a day/night cycle
>some of the zombies sprint

this game is dead on arrival
>>
>>380242402
Holy shit, this game is like some Sony CEOs money laundering scheme or some shit
Inb4 manufactured scandal about some stupid shit in the game conveniently close to launch
>>
How can anyone be hyped? It's what the AAA industry has been doing for years. Popular game gets released (Witcher 3) and then you take the gameplay of that, give it another setting and viola, you created a new AAA game. Horizon Zero Dawn was literally witcher 3 with robo dinos, this is literally witcher 3 with zombies.
>>
-People seem to be tired of Zombies games.

-Zombies have simple enemy behaviour, rendering a shit ton of zombies is not really that hardware intensive nowadays.

-They didn't show the combat against the zombie bear or new game mechanics
>>
>>380241471
Another zombie survival game. How original.
>>
Oh man, haven't seen this one before. What else is there, crafting?
>>
>>380241645
I'm still looking forward to Project Zomboid. There hasn't been a zombie game worth playing between Dead Rising 1 and that game, so how would I get burned out of zombies? Exactly.
>>
Did you guys see the part where he crouched in the bush and then snuck up on that dude and initiated a stealth takedown?

Holy FUCK. Can't wait for this bastion of creativity to come out.
>>
>>380244104
>throw rock at spot
>npc walks to exactly where threw the rock
i really wish they'd remove this retarded mechanic. when you hear a sound, you dont walk to exactly where you heard it. you check the area around where the sound came from.
>>
It looks like something I'd enjoy playing.
>>
The only reason why I'm still hoping it's good is because I like Sony Bend. They're great guys.
>>
>>380241471
dunno looked good for me but people are hyped for the newest Ubishit/Bethesda rehash here so their opinion is literally worthless.
>>
>>380246645

there has been nonstop trashtalking about ubis and bethesda's conferences

what are you even talking about?
>>
Ride to hell 2
>>
>>380247070
Are you for real? Everybody here says Ubishit won E3.
>>
>>380241471
people are border over zombies and open world games
>>
>>380247220

usually in reference to how generally shitty the rest of the conference has been.

context matters senpai
>>
>>380247220
>>380247070
There are no winners this E3.
>>
>>380246135
t. Shaun
>>
it looks okay but I hate sony's cinematic games which I'm guessing it is going to be.

If I wanted to watch a film I'd watch a film, I hate games where the cinematics have all the action.
>>
File: 1234.png (2MB, 1919x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1234.png
2MB, 1919x1080px
>>380241471
It looks interesting... Like a last of us rip off but with more zombies. I liked the part where they were hanging people at e3 to show it off.
>>
>>380247464
Does not look very cinematic.
>no markers like Ubishit games
>seems you can solve stuff different if you like unlike Ubishit games
>open world

Seems good for me no Batham super vision no markers for retards no minimap.
>>
>>380241471
Only decent upcoming PS4 exclusive in my opinion. I love zombies so I'm a bit biased but still, looks like it has better gameplay than Spider-Man QTE or GoW.
>>
Looks like it will be pretty mediocre despite the size of the hoards. Not enough reason to pay full price for the game though.

There were better games shown.

A Way Out
Need for Speed Payback
Metro Exodus
Dragonball FighterZ
The Last Night
Code Vein
Cuphead
Sea of Thieves
Ori and The Will of The Wisps
Anthem
Skull & Bones
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza 6
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
Nino Kuni 2
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
The Evil Within 2
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
Ace Combat 7
Monster Hunter World
Spider-Man
Shadow of The Colossus
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.