[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Monster Hunter, a 13 years old legacy series that has spawned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10

File: Jan_Matejko,_Stańczyk.jpg (629KB, 2500x1870px) Image search: [Google]
Jan_Matejko,_Stańczyk.jpg
629KB, 2500x1870px
>Monster Hunter, a 13 years old legacy series that has spawned multiple titles and has remained true to its roots while enjoying moderate to big success all over the world has been reduced to shitposting bait by a 10 minutes trailer
>Said trailer goes out of its way to quietly shit all over said legacy by turning its back on all the core principles of the series.¡

It's DmC all over again, except this time /v/ will actually defend it because it gives the ponies something to shitpost about.

>DmC was 4 years ago
Oh fuck me. Most shitposters around here are too young to understand the irony of the situation. People here probably unironically defended DmC back then.
>>
>>380224524
>legacy
You mean keeping the same cluncky control scheme for forced difficulty?
Why are you so opposed to evolution?
>>
File: IMG_4025.jpg (48KB, 315x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4025.jpg
48KB, 315x616px
>>380224524
Why are nintenfags like this, /v/?
>>
>>380224706
>Why are you so opposed to black haired Dante?
Ah yes, it's like arguing with 14 year olds all over again.

Wait a second...
>>
>>380224524
Stay jelly Nintenbro.
>>
>>380225095
Except this is made by the same team, so any evolution the game takes is natural and not a rape.
>>
>>380224814
>>380225139
This is the craziest shit. You fags realize this is a multiplat, right? Any halfway decent PC will be able to play this, the graphics are barely a step above the PS3's.
>>
>>380225249
>Except this is made by the same team
Source? Because it reeks of western dev team bullshit.
>>
File: IMG_4026.jpg (269KB, 808x765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4026.jpg
269KB, 808x765px
>>380225402
ITS NOT FAIR CAPCOM BETRAYED US

IM LITERALLY SHAKING THIS WAS *OUR* FRANCHISE
>>
>>380225634
https://pastebin.com/p0ZkZLmk
>>
>>380224524
As someone who has never played a MonHun game, can I see a side-by-side of what an established fan would consider an example of quintessential MonHun gameplay, and the gameplay trailer, with maybe some clues as what to specifically look for?
>>
File: le funny nintendo false flag.png (28KB, 830x827px) Image search: [Google]
le funny nintendo false flag.png
28KB, 830x827px
>>380225648
*gasps* oh le no!!!! sony has... won??????????????????????????!
>>
>>380225402
You should get your eyes checked, blind Nintend.rone.
>>
>>380225919
>>380225919
>quintessential MonHun gameplay
Stab, roll, stab, roll, heal.
>>
>>380225919
MH World:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro6r15wzp2o

MH4U:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjtYVDnrbGc
>>
You've gotten the EXACT same game for 14 years. The EXACT SAME FUCKING GAME except it's only gotten worse with each iteration. How many more games on 240p screens featuring the SAME monsters and maps from over a DECADE do you need? And now all of a sudden one spin-off game is a problem. Even if it sucks that just means it's a failed experiment. Kill yourself OP. Stop being a fucking faggot and learn to think for yourself instead of eating up /v/ opinions.
>>
File: 1479321334210.png (114KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
1479321334210.png
114KB, 258x258px
>finally make a MH game that isn't a literal rehash
>everyone is mad

give a sheep a plate of foie gras and it doesn't know what to do with it. it'd rather eat the same grass it eats every day.
>>
REEEEEEEEE I BOUGHT A SWITCH FOR NOTHING
>>
>>380224524
monster hunter has always been a bad game series for deeply autistic people so its absolutely no surprise they would use it to shitpost against each other
>>
>>380226384
Not true. They even fixed Plesioth
>>
>>380224524

If they get rid of the stupid anime moves, I'd consider it a plus.
>>
>>380226384
That's literally not true and you would know that if you actually played the games.
>>
>>380226583
I have literally played the literal games you literal faggot. You are literally out of your literal mind if you literally think MH has literally evolved literally in its literal core literal gameplay. It's the literal COD of literal Japan.
>>
>>380226583
>UHH ACTUALLY IT'S UHH IT'S DIFFERENT BECAUSE UMMM ACKSHUALLY
you're in the same camp as dynasty warrior fans
>>
>>380226762
You just don't take away tradition like that.
>>
>>380226549
Oh yeah man, the stupid impossible grappling hook mechanic they showed looks so much better!
>>
>>380226384
This, plus it's just the same fucking game again but looks better an no load times or transistions two fucking things people wanted for this series for years
>inb4 loadtimes add difficulty
>>
every single mh games for over the past decade has had little to no changes inbetween each iteration. thats not to say they havent made improvements across the board but they needed to make a big overhaul somewhere

also you havent even seen a full gameplay feature, you're literally upset about more movement so far
>>
>>380226762
New moves, new weapons, new monsters, new items.
And then Styles and Arts.

The core gameplay has changed.
>>
>>380226549
yeah machine guns and grappling hooks are way better lmao
>>
>>380226979
Funny enough, load screens actually reduce difficulty and removing them would increase it quite a bit.
>>
>>380224524
>Said trailer goes out of its way to quietly shit all over said legacy by turning its back on all the core principles of the series.¡
Where and how, you fucking liar
>>
File: file.png (280KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
280KB, 500x386px
>>380227079
>>
>>380226762
What a literally triggered literally autistic post. Care to give an example of a series that you think are NOT rehashes? Or is every sequel a rehash to you?

>Wtf halo5????? plays the same as halo1!
>Wtf Street Fighter V??? More like King of I already played this XIV! LMAO Ryu still hits people in this game wtf capcom!
>Oh look! Mario Kart! So different from Mario party, this is a good mario sequel!
>>
>>380227191
>Care to give an example of a series that you think are NOT rehashes
Monster Hunter World.
>>
File: 4th_Generation_Khezu_Render.png (252KB, 452x429px) Image search: [Google]
4th_Generation_Khezu_Render.png
252KB, 452x429px
>>380227147
I DON'T WANT NEW MECHANICS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>380227163
I hate to say it, but that's not an argument.
>>
>>380227191
those games don't release annually

know how many mario karts are on the 3DS? one
know how many monster hunters are on the 3DS? five
>>
>>380227110
Holy fuck, no wonder you have so much movement options now in this, these fuckers will chase you to the ends of the earth, imagine multi quests or dual quests good god that's a warzone.
>>
>>380227308
But now you can just make them kill eachother for you as shown in the trailer
>>
>>380226217
Okay, so, what I'm seeing is, apart from the obvious graphical overhaul, are:

-new animations
-more "focused" combat, possibly (MH4U clip had the hunter just standing under a flailing enemy, MHW showed a more pointed interaction, such as blocking the headbut), but those clips could very well have been cherry picked
-a fucking minigun. Seems kind of lame
-Climbing. No idea if old MonHun had that, but I'm given to doubt it.

Is it fair to say that MHW will "shit all over said legacy by turning its back on all the core principles of the series."?

I mean, consider how different webm related looks from this trailer, and they're from the same game:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQnkHaVPlzU

Seems like OP is baitposting.
>>
>>380227454
This was always a thing you could do in multiple monsters hunts.
>>
>>380226984
>Scripted battles from start to finish
How is that not a full gameplay feature?

Before you pull a hyperbolic response out of your ass, know that I'm not saying I believe there won't be normal gameplay, but I, as a fan of the series, am concerned that what they decided to show us, what they thought would appeal to us, was a fully scripted chase with nothing that resembled the gameplay that we, as fans, like about the series.
>>
>>380224814
anybody who exclusively uses a ninty console is an idiot, most ppl have a ps4 or a pc.

this is about the integrity of the franchise getting westernized (ruined) by Canadians
>>
>>380227516
Climbing is a thing in MH4U.

With that said, it is true that OP is doomsaying. Wait and see. To be hyped is premature, but so is complaining.
>>
>>380227516
To be fair the MH4U guy was extremely good at the game and had his positioning perfect throughout the fight. Watching a more average player do it would be far more hectic.
>>
>>380226441
>that automatic machine gin in the trailer

fuck off, thats not mohun
>>
>>380227682
I mean think of it as a trailer but using actual gameplay, if this was another type of MH it would be a CG cutscene and if you ever seen MH CG openings you'll notice they are very much like this trailer except that's CG and this is actual gameplay, so what if it's edited like a chase they are showing actual gameplay still.
>>
>>380225989
haha
>>
>>380227682
He's just going to direct you to the MH4 teaser which had the same 'chase' with a Tigrex. Mainline trailers have always tried to pull this cinematic bullshit.

Then either gameplay becomes known or what was going to be a mechanic is taken out.
>>
>>380227867
It's improved monhun
>>
>>380227147
Start watching at the 0:00 mark.

Notice how not even once they showed a battle that was focused on learning a Monster's pattern, and how instead we got a scripted chase that looked like a boss battle straight out of the Arkham games. Specifically, the part where you hunter just ran away from the monster from scripted trap to scripted trap.
>>
>>380227974
Is this your first E3, Anon? Welcome to /v/ by the way.
>>
>>380227516
play monster hunter 4, that trailer is nothing like the game outside climbing and jumping off shit. That trailer was just supposed to introduce the verticallity into the series
>>
>>380227306
>WAIT HOLD ON LET ME MOVE THE GOALPOST
No, you fucking faggot. Are they rehashes or not, independently of how often you think the games are released.

BTW, the Street Fighter series has had more releases than Monster hunter during the same time frame.
>>
>>380228162
they are rehashes but it's more palatable because they release less frequently
>>
File: AquamaticLongshot.png (206KB, 980x260px) Image search: [Google]
AquamaticLongshot.png
206KB, 980x260px
>>380227084
>machine guns
If you're complaining about the looks of the weapon, we already have a shitload of bowguns which look like real guns.
If you're complaining about the attack speed, it's probably just the guy using rapid fire, something that has been in MH games since forever.

>grappling hooks
I can dig it. Especially if it makes fights against giant monsters feel less scripted.
>>
>>380227942
you can do better than that
>>
>>380227867
Well it is faggot. It has Monster Hunter in the title it's a MoHu game and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>380224524
To be fair, there wasn't much actual combat shown off in the trailer, most of it was showing off new mechanics; the grappling, the stealth, the interactions between monsters. These are all good innovations, and things that, besides maybe the grappling, should have always been in MH.

After all, the game is Monster HUNTER, not Monster Beat-Em-Up. Stealth and actual hunting elements are way overdue.

But honestly IF and ONLY IF the combat remains true to the Monster Hunter we know and love, MH World could turn out to be a good game.
>>
>People complaining about the guy moving (very slowly) and shooting
>Bow allows you to charge up a shot while moving quite quickly and you only have to stop for half a second to deliver a heavy blow from a safe and untouchable distance
>Nearly untouchable to most monsters, especially most G1 and G2 ones
????????????????
>>
>>380227974
.. it's... almost like they were showing off... new.. features... weird
>>
>>380228318
the whole point of monster hunter is figuring out and understanding how each weapon and monster works. If i can just safely backup and unload a clip onto a dinosaur everytime whats the point?
>>
Would be amazing if they added lock-on and had faster attacks so you didn't have to worry about enemies constantly moving out of your swings.
>>
>>380228596
Oh no.. light bowgun is fun now
>>
>>380228284
Yes, while those HBGs have looked like real guns, they've all functioned the exact same way as HBGs that don't look like real-world firearms.

>If you're complaining about the attack speed, it's probably just the guy using rapid fire
You mean the gimmick that's only ever been available to LBG? The gimmick that allows LBG to match HBG's pace for raw firepower while conserving ammo?
Oh, and no, Siege mode doesn't count. Siege mode locks you down until you cancel it or run out of ammo and uses one ammo for every shot fired.
>>
>>380227974
You don't even know the the chase nor the trap were scripted.

Maybe all it is is something you can activate at the right time to deal heavy damage, and that's it, at the risk of getting your shit all fucked up while you're trying to lure the monster into position.

We know there are no loading screens any more so of course you're going to get chased into the next area.
>>
>>380228626
>Why isn't my gigantic sword faster
Fuckin'. Casuals.
>>
>>380228785
Every E3 demo is scripted so that the enemy doesn't accidentally do something and make you fuck up or cause some kind of major glitch.
>>
>>380228493
you're locked into position when you do the double shot, bow also kinda sucks anyway and takes forever to kill anything, even when you're constantly firing, its practice for bowguns.
>>
>>380228884
Why do you respond to obvious bait?
>>
>>380228284
>Rapid fire
I know how Rapid fire works and it looks incredibly weak now the "meatiness" of the shots appear to be gone completely and it now looks and feels like a modern day chain gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ikRIS-IKTM
>>
>>380228256
Your opinion belongs in the trash my dude. Literally just don't play them? If it's impossible to avoid making a sequel without it being a rehash, fuck off and let people enjoy their games and come back to them in 20 years or whenever your arbitrary definition of "less frequently" is.
>>
>>380228746
by fun you mean braindead
>>
>>380224524
Gotta wait for a dull video gamepplay for a verdict, but the DmC shit is a bit alarming.

It's just that this place goes full console warrior mode and having a decent discussion is kinda impossible.
>>
>>380229102
>If it's impossible to avoid making a sequel without it being a rehash
it's very much not impossible lol
>>
>>380228948
>bow also kinda sucks anyway and takes forever to kill anything
>Usually has pretty good to top-tier TA records
>Was straight up OP in some editions of MH (BLAST)
>Kinda sucks
Wew
>>
>>380229076
Because it makes me so unreasonably angry.
>>
>>380224524
I love this painting
>>
>>380229112
And by light bowgun he meant God Eater.

We did it bros! We FUCKING did it! God Eater is good now!
>>
>>380228948
Bow was fucking great in 4U, you mong.
>>
>>380229112
>REEEEE CHANGE
Relax with the autism my man
>>
>>380229374
Bow main here. Can confirm, bow was godly in 4U. How is it in Generations though?
>>
>>380229356
And here is your problem. MH is copying its copycats. For good or ill.
>>
>>380227974
Every monhun trailer has been like that. The trailer for 4 was like 3 minutes of climbing with no fighting. You're making it obvious you're new to the series.
>>
>>380229390
i hope the game is fun like anyone else, but the rapid fire seems to take away from the punch the bowguns had.
>>
>>380229151
Why did you dodge the question then, faggot. Name a game's sequel that managed to not be a rehash by your own definition.

>Mario party! It was SO different from Mario World, how did they do it!??!?!??!
>>
It's humorous because Worlds looks like what they wanted to achieve in 1 and DOS but couldn't because of technical problems due to PS2 limitations and cut content.
>>
>>380229634
Maybe rate of fire is a thing?
>>
>>380229634
Light bowgun has been shit on for so long it forgot how to punch.
>>
No, Capcom can't do this. I need to play the same game again but with a new mechanic. I need to buy another game featuring 5 new monsters and 1 new map and then buy the game again to get G rank and more reskins. This is the only way MH should go. I should know. I'm a MH pro you know.
>>
Daily reminder if you remove the loading screens in old monhuns it'd be an open world.
>>
>>380229634
I'd imagine the heavy bowgun still has that, i assume they were trying to make the light bowgun fun.
>>
>>380229882
I know!
How dare they make this game more confortable and...fun!?
>>
>>380230034
FUN? YOU FUCKING CASUAL LEAVE I WANT TO GRIND FOR 500 HOURS YOU FAGGOT OF SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>380230034
wtf... these pppl not liking this game are... downright EVIL!!!

what should we do bros??????????? i'm shaken, i'm literally SHAKIN that people like this can exist, they don't want me to like games!?????????????????
>>
>>380230034
You forgot to add the better ergonomy.
>>
File: IMG_1720.png (118KB, 293x279px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1720.png
118KB, 293x279px
>>380230304
Oh god yes!
A FUCKING RIGHT ANALOG STICK!
A
FUCKING
RIGHT
ANALOG
STICK
Fuck you capcom!
>>
>>380230463
And that's why it should have been on Vita.

Apply yourself, your bait is weak
>>
>>380229634
Hopefully they keep ammo the same

Rapid fire with normal MH ammo would be expensive as fuck, hence the drawback

Honestly I don't see how its much different from Heavy BG's turret mode other than the mobility
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.