[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, tomorrow's Nintendo Direct is our LAST chance to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 13

File: megamansmashbros.png (157KB, 640x351px) Image search: [Google]
megamansmashbros.png
157KB, 640x351px
Guys, tomorrow's Nintendo Direct is our LAST chance to get any kind of new Megaman game. If we don't, it's another year of nothing.

The last one we got was Street Fighter X Mega Man, a fucking fan made game that Capcom decided to make "official." It's been 4 years since then.

Is there any hope at all for us?
>>
what are u talking about anon you have the AWESOME mega man cartoon cumming out.
>>
Nah man it's over. Only dreams now.
>>
File: ki.jpg (403KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ki.jpg
403KB, 1280x720px
legends 3? oh, i think u'll be preasantly surprized :)))
>>
>>380223493
There IS another Megaman Legacy collection on its way that gets the other games in...
>>
File: its over.jpg (285KB, 1553x1065px) Image search: [Google]
its over.jpg
285KB, 1553x1065px
>>380223612
>>380225096
>>380225294
Anons plz. I'm looking for light, not darkness.

>>380225894
So is this what it's come to? Looking forward to collection games?
>>
>>380226505
I suppose
>>
File: BM753.png (125KB, 280x316px) Image search: [Google]
BM753.png
125KB, 280x316px
>>380223493
I mean, the series has had a good enough run
10 main series games, OP. TEN. And that's not even putting into account the countless spinoffs like X and BN

let him die peacefully
>>
>>380223493
Has a Megaman game ever debuted at E3?
>>
>>380226821
But the same could be said about the Mario games, yet they're still going strong. Why can't we have new and exciting things for Megaman too?

>>380226838
I don't think so. The only thing Megaman related I know of is his Smash Brothers reveal. But that just means it's more likely a new game would debut from Nintendo, right?
>>
>>380227580
I don't see how you got from "Never in history" to "Surely this time".
>>
If they release a switch exclusive Mega Man game it would be great. I don't even care if it's an 8bit game again, I just wanna play a new Mega Man game.
>>
File: 1344588024207.jpg (19KB, 170x236px) Image search: [Google]
1344588024207.jpg
19KB, 170x236px
Why is it so hard for capcom to just port 9 and 10 to the 3ds

i can't believe they actually made legacy collection 2 but they decided to not make a 3ds version this time

like come on man i already bought these game a shittillion times at least put them on a portable console
>>
>>380227580
That's what I thought. Capcom's execs doesn't think the west likes Mega Man and E3 is a west trade show.

Well the inverse; The TGS has and has relatively recently had Mega Man Games announced.
>>
>>380230043
If they did make a new retro game, I'd rather have a snes style Megaman X9.

>>380230264
They've been weird about porting the old games to 3ds since the beginning. Hopefully they won't act the same way for the switch.

>>380230269
>TGS is 3 months away
I forgot about this. So if we don't get anything tomorrow, there's still a chance in september. That makes me feel a little better.
>>
>>380231639
Well I imagine there's still another possibility there's going to be a special 30th anniversary event on the 17th of December.

But then again hope springs eternal.
>>
>>380232535
>30th anniversary this december
Jesus. If they don't do something for that, we can really give up hope.

I forget, did they even do anything for the 25th?
>>
>>380227580
Because you morons voted with your wallet. Capcom tried to reinvent the series many times. They essentially made Megaman Maker before Super Mario Maker was a glimmer in Nintendo's mind, didn't sell.. Megamantroidvania? Didn't sell. Playable Vile with Domon X vs. Master Sigma? DIDN'T FUCKING SELL.
When Megaman 9 was released and sold well, you basically told them this is the direction you want. Surprise, Megaman 10 came around and flopped, which meant for Capcom the former's success was from nostalgia and the idea of a revival of the brand, not from genuine interest in the brand itself. And you can also thank your savior Inafune and his colossally stupid gamble on Megaman Legends 3 and "the Inafune brand" for souring any hope Capcom will ever view Megaman again in a positive light.
You cunts took your franchise for granted, you thought that Megaman was Capcom's Mario, and was altogether infallible. You forgot the reason why Mario keeps getting games is because people buy those games.
Don't give me that garbage about "marketing" and "bad games."
Megaman 10 threw any argument that it wasn't you retards' fault out the window.
>>
>>380233648
They did SFxMM and xOver

I imagine Mega Man Online, Mega Man Universe, and Mega Man Legends 3 would have sold with a 25 year emblem if not targeting release to 2012 but... well history happened.
>>
>>380234604
Powered Up and MHX were stuck on a handheld that no one wanted. And ZX sucks.
9 was short and sweet, 10 dragged out and also largely sucked. Additionally, Capcom could easily have then made a game with improved graphics, or at least performed a post-mortem.
Megaman Legends 3 had no chance of launching, not when Inafune was that involved. How were any fans supposed to know who does what - these companies have 0 transparency.
You paint a picture of Megaman fans as disappointing, when they're the actual fanbase I've seen that doesn't tolerate shit like Rabbids or amiibo or paid demos, and actually want a quality game.
Megaman doesn't sell. It doesn't appeal. And the fans were fine with being a niche. But don't act like a Megaman fan killed your dog when it takes both the fans (who were dedicated to buying the right products) and the parent company (who made garbage).
>>
File: Banner-MegaManAnimated.jpg (677KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Banner-MegaManAnimated.jpg
677KB, 1920x1080px
>>380223493

>wanting new Mega Man anything

OP, maybe we should just leave the past right where it is.
>>
Marvel vs Capcom, goy.
>>
>>380236557
>Megaman Legends 3 had no chance of launching, not when Inafune was that involved. How were any fans supposed to know who does what - these companies have 0 transparency.
Well a hilarious statement since the Legends 3 developers had an open dialog with the fans, announced milestones, and announced their pending release approval meeting, announced their greenlight for launch, announced their launch date, and then didn't launch and eventually ended with a company issued letter denying any of the before public interactions took place.

Unless you're advancing that it was all a sham and every winning content idea was by a shill. But why would Capcom shoot themselves in the foot like that?
>>
>>380223493
You are gonna get nu-megaman and you're gonna like it, faggot.

>MEGAMIZE ME!
Capcom can do NO WRONG.
>>
>>380226821
I have to wonder; has this artist ever been cold; or has he only heard about it second hand
>>
>>380237203
what
>>
>>380223493
No, Megaman is a shitty platformer from the 90s - why would it get a new game?
>>
>>380237148
I imagine with the well poisoned on 8 bit Classic games that any new Mega Man game would be an entirely new series. But a misleadingly titled reboot could be in the cards too.
>>
>>380226505
>>380226714
To be fair, it ensures that 9 and 10 will be playable on the PC for the forseeable future. I'm buying it for those two games.
>>
File: megaman.jpg (251KB, 859x839px) Image search: [Google]
megaman.jpg
251KB, 859x839px
>>380223493
no
>>
>>380237506
This can't be real
>>
File: I Mega hate you all.jpg (235KB, 878x592px) Image search: [Google]
I Mega hate you all.jpg
235KB, 878x592px
>>380234604
>They essentially made Megaman Maker before Super Mario Maker was a glimmer in Nintendo's mind, didn't sell.
It didn't sell because it never got released. It was cancelled, along with Legends 3, back when Capcom threw their hissy fit over Inafune.

>Playable Vile with Domon X vs. Master Sigma? DIDN'T FUCKING SELL.
Are you talking about the Megaman X remake for the PSP? It was a good idea, but the PSP was bad choice. It would have sold better on the DS.

>When Megaman 9 was released and sold well, you basically told them this is the direction you want.
I agree 9 and 10 were a mistake.

>And you can also thank your savior Inafune and his colossally stupid gamble on Megaman Legends 3
If he wouldn't have ditched Capcom right after announcing it, things might have gone better. The timing and how it was handled was stupid.

>you thought that Megaman was Capcom's Mario
He IS their Mario. Capcom has admitted that without Megaman, Street Fighter wouldn't exist. The way they're treating him now shows how bad of company they really are.

>>380236557
>Megaman doesn't sell. It doesn't appeal.
Instead of 9 and 10, they should have went for something new and big. Like a true, triple A game to evolve the series.

>>380237506.
Goddammit. That is fucking depressing. Capcom should be ashamed.
>>
>>380223493
Waiting for Megaman X corrupted is the only thing making me postpone my inevitable suicide. And as slow as the development goes I'll probably even have found some cure for depression by then.
>>
>>380237773
>>380238019
No, it can't be real. Because it's quite clearly a joke.
>>
>>380223493
I don't get the impression Masakazu Eguchi gets to pick his assignments, and he's the only person I can name who cares about Megaman and I don't know for a fact hasn't quit Capcom.
>>
File: Mighty-Gunvolt-Burst_05-19-17.jpg (105KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Mighty-Gunvolt-Burst_05-19-17.jpg
105KB, 600x338px
I can only hope pic related is good enough. I don't care if it has MN9 characters. The gameplay looks pretty good and customization for shots and boss weapons sounds like a great idea. The Burst mechanic is just for high scores, so I don't think it'll be intrusive for just enjoying the game.
>>
File: 1464450651701.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1464450651701.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>380238040
Corrupted looks great. I don't care how long it takes him as long as it's good.

>>380238216
My respect for Capcom has fallen so low, I just don't put anything past them anymore.

>>380238678
Was Inafune allowed to pick what he worked on?

>>380238727
This kind of looks okay, but after MN9 I won't be holding my breath.
>>
>>380239310
Inafune had worked his way up to the board of directors and before that was a unit manager.

So... yes. Doesn't mean he could do ANYTHING but he could juggle B roles while budgeting for AAA games.
>>
>>380238727
what the hell i didn't even hear about this game and it looks good, it's also close to release, i really liked mighty gunvolt, at the time it gave me hope mn9 would be good

jesus fucking christ inafune why couldn't you just do this instead this, is all i wanted from mn9

i didn't like gunvolt either but in this game he is allright could capcom just let inti make new mega man games
>>
>>380238727
I really am a fan of combo weapon systems in arcade shooters but I'm leery
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.