[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't feel right without the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 309
Thread images: 23

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't feel right without the PS2 assets and not being portable.
>>
>>380217221
kys and then delete this thread fag
>>
>>380217221
nintendo btfo. ahahahahaah
>>
>>380217221
I'm confused as to why this isn't coming to the Switch. Visually, the game isn't that impressive, I mean it looks good but it looks like it wouldn't even have a problem running on PS3/360. Is it simply because Capcom doesn't want 2 Monster Hunters on the same console?
>>
>>380217221
you happen to screenshot this original reply?
>>
Personally I'm happy that everyone and not just manchildren and autists can enjoy Monster Hunter in the west now.
>>
That art direction....
>We want the Ark: Survival Evolved audience
>>
>>380217551
>I mean it looks good but it looks like it wouldn't even have a problem running on PS3/360
you should actually boot up a ps3 game to see what it looks like
>>
>>380218208
>not ark wanting the tree huggers as an audience
>>
A friend of mine who played the other MonHun games didn't like that it was open world and said it's won't play like regular MonHun and that's not how the game works. What does that mean?
>>
>>380218929
he probably made this thread
>>
>>380218929
he's a nintodller who's first game was 3U on 3DS
>>
Honestly, I'll probably buy it anyways.
5 is most likely still gonna be exclusive, and since I have a PS4 and Switch, it's a win-win for me.
>>
>>380218929
It means hes very upset that it is no longer a Nintendo exclusive, and that it actually has amazing graphics, and solid looking gameplay.

I thought it wasn't cool to hate open world games anymore, since zelda "totally reinvented" open world games.
>>
>>380218536
This looks barely any better than Skyrim
>>
>>380219782
>it actually has amazing graphics, and solid looking gameplay.
they not showing combat at all is awarning.
And the framrated dips as we see with explosion and waterfall.
>>
>>380217221
>confirmed made by the team that did all the good mainline games
>X/XX was a B team production
Oh god its fucking perfect

As another anon pointed out; Nintendo got Double Cross'ed
>>
>>380219798
Looks leagues better than anything on past next gen consoles
>>
File: 1373925913758.jpg (75KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1373925913758.jpg
75KB, 900x675px
>my beloved mh being used as console war fodder
STOPI'M LITERALLY CRYING STOP
>>
>>380219921
>they not showing combat at all is awarning.
On how stupid you are? No MH game at announcement had a trailer revealing how hunts worked you uneducated faggot.

They always had a cinematic or 'run from the monster' video then a gameplay video a few days or weeks afterwards.

Glad to spoonfeed you, now fuck off.
>>
>>380219921
>they not showing combat at all is awarning
yeah, they totally don't want to show off the new gameplay features ore anything.
>>
>>380217221
>its not good because it isnt shit
>>
>>380219798
Yeah, and Skyrim is a PS4 game.

Seriously though, FUCK YOU BETHESDA
>>
>>380219338

Nigga FU and the original all follow that same shit

>>380218929

He means as they're currently setup, MH games are mostly action, just a long series of dynamic bossfights.

This game looks more like Horizon or something. Not that that's bad, it's just a very different kind of flow.

Also, I personally fucking hate open world games. First Zelda, now MH, at this rate I'm expecting every series to become about running around big empty fields doing fuck all for hours.

But I'm happy for the casuals, I guess.
>>
>>380217221
I could never actually get involved into a monster hunter game because of how long Capcom persisted to make the game portable only and with pixelated graphics

A monster hunter game actually made for console/PC has been what I've been waiting on for a while now
>>
>>380217221
for comparison to people whining about no combat shown here is the mh4 teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r83m3WZNQe8
>>
>>380219921
But they did show gameplay? Did you just close your eyes and plug your ears? I'm starting to think your "friend" is you.
And yah, there were some frame dips, but I don't think the Switch could even run that game. Luckily I'll be playing it on PC, so I don't have to worry about frames.
>>
>>380220097
I can't wait to play the new Skyrim on PSVR, fuck you.
>>
Once this trash is done can we get a real MH game for console, do you think?
>>
>>380218929
it means he has autism. MH is primarily only "enjoyed" and purchased by the japanese, and they don't do it on gameplay merits - that is to say the MH games have not been very fun, more often frustrating, often enough poorly designed as well as poorly programmed. They've used the same game engine for every MH game since the first one from 2006, barely adding or changing anything, and even by 2006 standards it was fairly simple - so it means something fairly important that they've gone and actually made a new one for a new game, aiming to update and actually address some of the bigger problems from the rest of the franchise.

The franchise was only ever really popular in japan and it takes a serious autistic weeaboo outside of japan to heavily favor what the MH games have been enough to the point of thinking MHW isn't a pure 1000% upgrade across every facet.

Your friend has autism.
>>
>>380218929
MH areas are all seperated by nature, with a short transition and load screen between each. These could be used to justify large amounts of travel done off screen to allow for more variety within a singular level because they don't really need to make sure each area flows well into each other as much as they would in a open level setting. When a monster is engaged, it'll usually stay in combat in one zone for a bit before leaving for a different one. This allowed things such as leaving the area the monster is in to heal in safety, sharpen your weapon, craft ammo/bombs. without having to worry about the monster attacking you. Each area uses a number to denote the zone, so it was easy to very quickly mention in any chat "The monster is in area 2" and such.
>>
>Capcom doesn't rehash this franchise for once
>Gripes ahoy

Sasuga /v/
>>
>>380220217
Dude, I am playing Horizon and it has those feels, but doesn't worth the console alone.
>>
>>380220434
map areas and loading zones were retarded, and not being sensibly connected hurt their comprehension more than not, often requiring you to have the Map item to understand the layout of the area cause by visual intuitive design alone, it was mongoloid and ass-backwards.
>>
>>380217551

Because the Switch simply isn't powerful enough. Why do you think so many people refuse to buy modern Nintendo consoles?

You knew what you signed up for.
>>
>>380220417

>I don't like Monster Hunter but I want to say I play Monster Hunter
>>
>>380220803
That's why LR gives you the maps, by the time you reach HR/GR you should have the zones memorized. I do agree that some areas and their transitions can be confusing at first though.
>>
>>380218929
Because monster hunter has never been about exploration or stealth or any other open world type stuff, it's been about deliberately paced combat with big fuck off monsters so you can carve their skin and make it into hats in order to kill more monsters

It's a grindy boss rush game being sent down the path of the Cinematic Experienceâ„¢ and fans are justifiably cautious
>>
>>380220101

>knows nothing about the game yet
>"im happy for the casuals"

The salt is real my man. I'm literally laughing my ass off at you right now.
>>
>>380221440

Nigga I've been playing since PS2 launch week, suck my dick. Open world makes it not MH.
>>
>>380221847
You have no clue whether the game will be casual or not. Stop your tears you whiny fuck.
>>
>>380222197

You're kidding, right?

It's open world and has fucking detective vision. Sure, it's entirely possible that the actual final product won't reflect the information we've been given so far, but I like to make informed judgements.
>>
>>380221847
>not muh MH
>>
>>380222716

You're summarized one my complaints, good job.
>>
>>380221438
Monster Hunter has been about exploration, and you should know that if you know about the games. It's not explicit, but it hasn't been explicit because they've either been afraid or too retarded to ever update the engine enough to explicitly try til now.

Map zones were often gigantic with visual art assets extending well beyond where you can travel within a zone, and being forced to deliberately walk through the zones instead of just dropping out the air right into the zone where the monster was aided 'exploration'. Another point is that the MH games have desperately tried very hard to simulate/emulate 'realistic' things which were actually anti-fun anti-videogame things, which goes towards the point of them having always wanted to make a "believable world" with MH, which really goes hand-in-hand with open world. Shit like needing to talk to the physical npc quest giver to cancel or back out of a quest where it would otherwise make more sense to be able to do it wherever, especially at the quest board. Shit like needing to combine specific items to create different bullet shells for your bowguns, or specific vegetation to create coatings for your bow arrows. Shit like needing to go to your own room to change your armor or weapons cause it's implied your character undresses, where it otherwise would make more sense to be able to do it at the quest board where you gather the info on the quest you're about to undertake and which equipment you think would be best for it. Shit like not being able to join a quest after other hunters have departed on the quest.

There's a lot of anti-fun sluggish boring shit in the MH games that only ever served to make it seem like the world they were trying to portray was deeper and more real than honestly deserved merit, done through fairly stupid means that only ever served to waste your time.

a larger sense of open-ness in the world and a quicker sense of meta-ness in the game design was needed, and now it's got it.
>>
Just doesn't feel right not on a Nintendo console.
>>
Where the fuck is dragons dogma 2 or deep down REEEEEEE
>>
>>380217221
As someone who learned to love MonHun on the 3DS, the PS2 assets can fuck right off. I can't wait for my favorite IP in HD. I was waiting for Ninty to release an original MonHun on Switch with superior graphics, and they just got completely cucked by Sony, and I can't wait to buy World.
>>
>>380223450
look at the rest of the MH games and then look at this one.

they clearly pulled people who had worked on Dragon's Dogma and Deep Down to come up with this. The main studio behind MH barely knows how to copy-paste correctly nevermind write original code.
>>
>>380223071

Monster Hunter is not about Exploration

It takes place in small areas designed for fights, which you're meant to quickly memorize and then know from that time to the next several hundred hours of gameplay. Becuase MH is about the gameplay.

I suspect now we're going to be padding that with hundreds of hours of pointless walking, because faggots just can't keep their Skyrim in Skyrim.
>>
File: idklol.png (87KB, 353x282px) Image search: [Google]
idklol.png
87KB, 353x282px
>>380223891
sure i guess being contrarian is a valid point too why not.

only difference between our views is mine was well thought out and praises a new feature that actually exists and wont change, while yours is retarded and detracts a new feature that actually exists and wont change.
>>
>>380223071
>>380223071
>Shit like needing to combine specific items to create different bullet shells for your bowguns, or specific vegetation to create coatings for your bow arrows

You fucking wot? You want everything to use the same mats and have different results? Of course you're going to find the mats in the zones because that and the villages are the only 2 places you'll ever be in the game. It being vegetation/monster parts or whatever is just a part of the theme of being a "Monster Hunter."

>Shit like needing to go to your own room to change your armor or weapons cause it's implied your character undresses, where it otherwise would make more sense to be able to do it at the quest board where you gather the info on the quest you're about to undertake and which equipment you think would be best for it

You don't even change in your own room in MHG, in the hunter's hub the prep area is outside. I don't know for sure but I've always been under the assumption that you can only change in these areas because 1.It'd look weird online for your armor bits to be changing on the fly and 2.So you couldn't take on a quest before you were ready. Preparation is half the game, don't even think about joining or hosting a quest unless you're ready.
>>
File: 1322655056524.jpg (69KB, 500x726px) Image search: [Google]
1322655056524.jpg
69KB, 500x726px
>>380217221
>Wanting another monster hunter game crippled by being forced onto some shitty handheld platform
>Not being excited as hell we finally get a MH on pc
>>
>>380224392
except your view isn't well thought out, it's delusional and proves you to be completely out of touch, along with you thinking that praising is objectively better just because there's no stopping it, might as well praise games for having chromatic aberration while you're at it.
>>
File: clap.gif (1KB, 35x31px) Image search: [Google]
clap.gif
1KB, 35x31px
>>380224974
lol go to a psychiatrist faggot.
>>
Will buy it anyways because it's a hunting game on PS4 that isn't garbage like Toukiden or God Eater. Besides it gets painful on both the hands and the eyes trying to play this shit on the 3DS. It looks like the monsters actually have some form of scale and aren't just models that are slightly bigger than the player model.
>>
>>380224392

No, yours is claiming that something is "about" a feature it does not have, and an inability to appreciate variety between different styles of games.
>>
>>380224779
But PC does have a MonHun. MonHun Online
>>
File: 1478300171129.png (8KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1478300171129.png
8KB, 320x320px
>>380218929
This game is radically different from the regular MH formula, is so different to the point that it doesn't even look like MH, seriously if in the trailer there wasn't a GS and Rathalos I could never guess that the game was MH, the new t-rex monster is basically just a t-rex with feathers, it just feels wrong, I'm a veteran and the game feels very wrong to me.

It is genuinely sad, as this might mark the beginning of the end of the MH franchise, so I understand your friend OP...
>>
>>380217551

Me too. I'm a Nintendofag but I will likely have a PS4 before then, so it doesn't matter much. I'm just confused more than anything. Even if they have a mainline game planned for Switch it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>380226269
>This game is radically different from the regular MH formula
So was MHX
>>
>>380226269
>This game is radically different from the regular MH formula

Thank fuck for that

Now people with actual taste in vidya can enjoy a MH game
>>
>>380225482
there is very little to appreciate about what the rest of the MH games have been. Theres a lot to appreciate in MH World that only people who knew about MH prior even could.

It's a much larger potential audience than MH currently has, with plenty of updates to the way the game is played that only the current MH audience would recognize, and further shouldn't see as impossibly irreplaceable features in changing them for the better.

I've appreciated the other MH games as much as I could, but there just wasn't much there to appreciate, or the presence of shit that makes me appreciate how not-as-bad most other games are.

If the concept of Monster Hunter actually has the defacto ability to be good, World is how it will be proven - not through their endless modifications to the original PS2 game from 2006.
>>
File: 1472103832416.png (323KB, 578x507px) Image search: [Google]
1472103832416.png
323KB, 578x507px
>>380226347
No, you don't understand, this game don't use the formula even X use the formula, why isn't this game following the formula? it might fail if it don't follow it!
>>
>>380226598
>i fucking hate everything about a series and think its dumb
>change everything about it so i can play it
Kill yourself.
>>
>>380226347

Not him, but if you play Guild Style there wasn't really much different about MHX.

This is more like a spin-off MH in a different genre. I'm actually a bit worried that the Elder Scrolls fans and the Horizon fans and what have you will gobble this game up and it'll become the main series and a favorite game of mine will finally die after so many years.

I want to like this game but it unsettles me. Of course, this is all speculation at this point. We'll see what happens.
>>
>>380217551
sony is literally so assblasted they bribed capcom to keep it off the switch
>>
>>380217371
We haven't been able to delete threads for several years now
>>
>>380226598
Who are you people? Do you even played MH prior to this point? why does people want to see MH die? This is doing nothing but to hurt MH, I might be wrong and the game become successful but in reality the most posible outcome is that the game fails to attract players and it will end up breaking the MH fandom.
>>
>>380226598

>I don't like this game but I want to play it
>Change it until it's a different game
>Whew now I can play that game

???

>>380226604

Millions of loyal players disagree with your appraisal of the previous games.

A large audience must be very nice if you're Capcom, but ~*APPEALING TO A WIDER AUDIENCE*~ doesn't tend to sit well with long time fans of a series when it's done at the expense of the mechanics they enjoy.
>>
>>380226864
Did you see the word "everything" in my post you fucking retard?
MH autists are the worst.
If you want the same shit, then keep playing the replaying the same games.
Why are people so afraid of change?
>>
>>380226269
its ironic cause MH doesn't even really have an identity and you could slap MH assets onto any genre and it instantly becomes MH.

Actually, you know what? After my 7 years of experience with the franchise, I'd wager the only identity it did have was that it was made for mindless japs who won't pay enough attention to critique the poor game design. I had written MH off just last month after playing through XX as this, expecting nothing different ever. It surprised me that Capcom is now actually trying to make MH more than that mindless poorly designed write-off.
>>
>>380227140

I want more content for the same style of play

That's why I buy Monster Hunter and not Dragon's Dogma. If I wanted to play Dragon's Dogma, I could buy Dragon's Dogma. If you want to play Dragon's Dogma, go fucking buy Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>380220008
Monhun became fodder for console war shitter the instant they told sony to fuck off and left.

Speaking of, whos ready for this to have a bunch of jewcom dlc, and have the servers go down after 6 months because sony will refuse to pay for them?
>>
>>380227160

I can't understand what kind of garbage point you're attempting to babble here, would you mind rephrasing it in a way that humans can understand?
>>
it's DmC all over again
>>
>>380220101
>I personally fucking hate open world games

Understandable from somebody who spends most of their time in a basement.
>>
>>380227119
here, "appealing to a wider audience" means "appealing to anyone outside of japan who aren't literal hardcore weeaboos"

it's not really the same as "appealing to a wider audience" in trying to get casuals. It's appealing to a wider audience to get even hardcore gamers outside of japan interested. All the MH games have sold miserably outside of japan, one in part due to poor marketing, another part being because any normal westerner who has played normal action games will come to MH and find flaws in the game design left right and center around every corner that negatively impact enjoyment.

Actually trying to make a new game instead of just another one of those flawed asset flips is a way to reach a bigger audience.
>>
>>380220434
>These could be used to justify large amounts of travel done off screen

Sorry anon, but I actually like travel across interesting landscapes.

It reminds me of those people who find combat a chore or whatever and prefer to simply skip everything they dislike, which just makes the game feel like it has a much smaller scope than it needs.
>>
>>380224779
>wanting a monster hunter that plays and feels like a monster hunter game instead of open world hack and slash fantasy game is bad
>>
I lost MH to Nintendo a long, long time ago. So long ago in fact, that even when I got a 3DS, I didn't buy them, because I knew they'd been so inbred I wouldn't be able to get into them anymore.

When I saw this I screamed of joy. I'm a 27 year old man. I played up until MHFU on PSP. I am so happy, and not once, not for a single fucking moment, did I think of you. You were not a sweat daub on my forehead, nor a hair on my ass, nor a wink of thought on my mind.

You were so nonexistent before tonight, that when I visited /v/, certain to see applause, I saw you, crying, slandering it, irrationally attacking it, weaving yarns of what the game is and isn't, despite all evidence to the contrary.

you only entered my mind when I felt a great pity, for an amorphous blob of a sad soul, somewhere in the universe, angry that something this beautiful was finally being realized.

I cry for you.
>>
>>380227229
Well too bad faggot. Suck shit. The world will keep moving on without you.
>>
>>380227485

Wouldn't it follow that someone in their basement would want to experience looking at trees and shit in a video game since they can't be assed to go outside? Your logic doesn't follow, anon.

>>380227590

>it's not really the same as "appealing to a wider audience" in trying to get casuals.
>Detective visions
>Open world

That is literally what it is.

You just can't see it because you're the wider audience they're appealing to. You're the CoD audience equivalent for this series.
>>
File: 1473983343752.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1473983343752.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>>380227687
>wanting a monster hunter that plays and feels like shit instead of an open world hack and slash fantasy game is good
>>
>>380227687
>your definition of what a 'monster hunter game' should feel like is different from someone elses
>but the developers of monster hunter agree with that someone else

how does it feel to be on the wrong side of history?
>>
Hours and hours of grinding on a stationary device just doesn't feel right.

Well at least there's Vita remote play.
>>
https://pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1

I've put together a paste bin of everything that has been confirmed, with sources.
>>
>>380227828

I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings on /v/ by stating my opinion?

Choke on my dick.
>>
>>380227229
>not understanding there intrinsic relationship to each other and how one enriches the other and etc
>>
>>380227160
>MH doesn't even have an identity

This is where I know your full of shit and pretending to play the series. Every single game has played out exactly the same. You do some prep (craft potions, traps, etc.), find the monster, fight the monster, kill it or capture. The thing is, the formula is fine the way it is, and I'm sick of Capcom adding unnecessary shit like Styles and Arts and ledges. Worlds is this, but 10x worse.
>>
>>380228013

Open world gameplay specifically disrupts the normal flow of MH.
>>
>>380227786
>I lost mh
>i'm so autistic I refused to play a series I like because MUH BRAND

Reminder that MH left sony in the first place because SONY were scumbags to them.
>>
>>380227879
>Wouldn't it follow that someone in their basement would want to experience looking at trees and shit in a video game since they can't be assed to go outside?

Sure. If they're just lazy. But mostly people wouldn't go outside because they are autistic. And there's absolutely no reason why somebody USED to the freedom of the outdoors would prefer to play a game with the setting of a glorified basement lol.
>>
>>380227979
>https://pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
>e "Drop in multiplayer"
so deaths are amningless now?
>>
>capcom fucks up street fighter
>fucks up MvC
>now they're fucking up Monhun
Nigga, what are you doing Monhun was your last decent series.
>>
>>380227012
because people stopped playing Melee when Brawl came out

why would people who want to play MH5 play World? Why would people who want to play World play MH5?

Why are you so dumb?
>>
>>380227883
>I don't like this series so change it so I can play it
>I know what I like is a dime a dozen but change this thing

Literally a fucking child's mentality
>>
>>380228085
I played Tri and I couldn't get into it. It was regressive and repetitive. Nothing had changed. The mechanics and movement were still clunkly, there was nothing truly new, the game did not become what it should have. I simply was not interested.
>>
>>380228078
>disrupts the normal flow of MH

Yeah the normal flow of having monsters pop out of existence once they leave the area, getting knocked out into a loading screen, or even having a tail cut a few meters out to a completely inaccessible area.

I really like that flow anon. It's very good. And I just know you like it too.
>>
>>380228114

You might know what basement dwellers like, I suppose, but when one satisfies their wanderlust in the real world, they hardly have need of a digital imitation when they could be playing a video game instead.
>>
>>380228078
good thing this isn't a normal Monster Hunter then
it's a spinoff, let them experiment
>>
>>380227160
The thing with the example you posted (MH Stories) is that you can clearly see that it is MH and even if it don't use the formula you see familiar faces everywhere, and it is an obvious spinoff title, but in this game you only see rathalos, I don't remember the first time a spinoff title added new monsters other than frontier and even frontier uses the formula, the new monsters of this game look out of place, like if they don't really belong to MH.

The new game just look extremely uncomfortable to me, I might not get it till I see some solid ground and familiar faces/gameplay, I don't want this spinoff I just want a new mainline title.
>>
File: 1489615530516.png (916KB, 1086x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1489615530516.png
916KB, 1086x1268px
>>380217221
Missed the conference so I'm catching up right now. Looks like a fun spinoff based around the type of hunting we see in the opening cinematics of the games.

The game looks better than MHO which is a blessing because I think MHO looks hideous. I saw many red flags involving gameplay but also saw many good things. At the very least it can't be worse than Generations, right?

Is this PCBOX4 or just PS4?
>>
the mobile monster hunters were the worst ones though
>>
>>380228078
I disagree. Zones completely interrupts the confrontations of MH and makes it a stupid metagame of predicting/timing movement and healing. I want to have to hide from a monster, not walk away from it when I need to heal.
>>
>>380228378
>At the very least it can't be worse than Generations, right?
Anon...
>>
>>380228158

All they had to do was make some new models and weapons, put that shit on PS4 and watch it fly

Honestly it doesn't really matter though, this will sell to the Skyrim/Horizon/BotW crowd gangbusters. Casualize everything, slap some empty space between """objectives""" and watch the casualbucks roll in. MH had a good run, 13 years is a long time to hold out.
>>
>>380227879
I am the wider audience, but I'm also a person who should be heard because I have purchased all these MH games and played them and gave creative functional feedback and was well on my way to never ever giving another MH the time of the day if it didn't get an overhaul update - but none of this speaks any evil about me. I loved the zelda franchise too and bought all those games but BotW is so fucking retarded and has so disparagingly confused what "open world" means that just in the course of that one game, zelda went from being one of my favorite franchises to being below the worst of the Monster Hunter games.

Open World is not a negative term on its own, and used against the context of MH where loading zones every 100 feet are on the other end of the spectrum should help you understand how "open" is a positive turn for MH.
>>
>>380217221
>not 240p

Will never be true Monster Hunter.
>>
>>380228279
>they hardly have need of a digital imitation when they could be playing a video game instead

Like I said, and apparently you didn't manage to read or parse what I wrote, but nobody who is used to a large highly detailed seamless world would prefer to go back inside and play a game about moving through small rooms.

Really anon, the point is that it's also outdoors, AND they get to hunt monsters out there, unlike the real outdoors which has no dragons or dinosaurs roaming around.

It's no wonder that you prefer the old shitty MH games, when your brain is so stunted and pathetic.
>>
>>380228031
>find the monster
>fight the monster
>kill it
see you're literally fucking retarded because these are not fucking unique concepts to monster hunter you mongoloid.
>>
>>380228569
>Sonygros believe that Monhun was only on the 3DS
>>
>>380228275

I don't require any of that. I don't mind it, mind you, but you can just link all the rooms in an area together with more thought and not make LE EPIC SANDBOX game.

If that shit bothered me, you think I would have played this game for a fucking decade? I like it fine.
>>
>>380228516
>nobody buys MH outside of Japan
>nobody in Japan plays on PS4

this is how I know you are stupid
>>
>>380228267
>monster hunter suddenly stops being monster hunter when its nintendo

All the psp games play exactly the fucking same. oh but wait
its okay when sony does it, right?
>>
File: 1487555044152.jpg (10KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1487555044152.jpg
10KB, 217x190px
>>380228673
>I don't mind it

Of course not.
>>
>>380228569
MH was not exclusive to the 3DS anon.
>>
>>380228641
>nobody who is used to a large highly detailed seamless world would prefer to go back inside and play a game about moving through small rooms.

And yet they do, and have since before ""Detail"" was present in games. Your premise is flawed.

After I get done doing shit all day, when I sit down to play a video game, I want to play a fucking video game, not live a second pretend life.
>>
>>380228667
Why would Sonybruvs think that? They know Monun sold best on Sony hardware.
>>
>>380228673
>doesn't realize that's what they're doing

Do you think the developers don't know what kind of game they're making? How they want the engagements to flow? You think it's going to be endless grass for hours? Have you any critical thought?
>>
did people shit on Monster Hunter Tri when it was announced for the Wii?
>>
>>380228679

Are you retarded or just illiterate?
>>
>>380217221
Portable has always held the series back.

Tbh it didn't really wow me, but it was one of the few games at e3 I am actually interested in and might play.
>>
So how much content will it have. If theres only 15-20 large monsters and no G rank, I'll just go back to 4U.
>>
>>380228529
>>380228418

It turns out shit isn't binary

You can kill zones if they REALY bother you so much you can't stand it and still not go full open meme.
>>
File: 1490117352077.png (275KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490117352077.png
275KB, 500x800px
>when a monster hunter world goes full bloodborne and gets outsold by splatoon 2
>>
>>380228724
>my complaint was that it didn't change

I played it on PS2 and PSP, why would I stick around for more if it wasn't getting any more entertaining?

What did Sony do? Why are you such a fanboy? This isn't about consoles, this is about MHW. It's better than old MH.
>>
>>380228892

Yes, and yes.

They're obviously chasing the normiebucks. Detective Vision seals that. And what do normies like? Open worlds.

Big levels =/= open worlds, don't defend one then act like you meant the other the whole time.
>>
It's just the fucking editing holy shit, watch the actual gameplay tomorrow and you'll see it's the same damn thing but no load times thank fuck. Why can't you morons think in between the lines, just because they showed the hunter and monster at one part then all of a sudden in another part in a big chase doesn't mean there wasn't an in between you fucking retards.
>>
>>380228974
being portable is what saved monster hunter from being a one off forgotten about ps2 game
>>
>>380228275
monster moving the area are what give the battle the distinctive peace. Monster gets tired it goes away to eat and reacharge.
it doesnt having zone means the is no rest and you are going to keep chasing it hitting the tail until it dies.
>>
>>380228820
So play your video game.

I hope the Anon memorializing the brokenness of the old games as if they were an advantage takes on a trip like Caramel. I want to make threads to you when we're all playing MHW and having the time of our lives.
>>
>>380229015
You think a game on 3 major platforms is going to be outsold by one. This isn't bloodborne.
>>
>>380229204

I suspect English is not your first language.
>>
>>380229156
>actual gameplay
there isnt is an interview. and you cant bet the interviewer wont ask anything important.
>>
>>380228921
MH3 was first announced to be a PS3 game. when they revealed it, it had suddenly become a wii game.

I assumed it was because sony was all about the graphics back then and were getting high on their own supply of fake CGI targets to the point that capcom coming around with literally PS2 graphics lead sony to believe it would cheapen the value of the PS3 for the consumer, who was also high on riphard maxpixel eyecandy.

barely anyone knew it was going to be a PS3 game though or didn't care enough to make a note of it. so no.
>>
>>380228820
>I want to play a fucking video game

Well you're obviously blind too, because I guess Monster Hunter World isn't a videogame, but just an expansion to Second Life.

There's no discussion to be had with you autists, you're like a broken record. You say the same shit all the time, and never take anything in. I guess that's what makes grinding in MH so easy for you. You aren't even able to play or appreciate anything that isn't MH.
>>
>>380228892
Interpret as you like, as I have, as neither of us have any solid information.

But I would take 'open world' with a grain of salt. Witcher 3 was 'open world' and it was actually just big levels chock full of detail. Like I imagine this game will be. Because Capcom doesn't just stuff games with superfluous detail. There designers are intelligent people, and they make intelligent, purposeful decisions.
>>
This is what Triple A West devs did to you guys, the moment you see good graphics and and open space it's automatic fucking trash westernization etc blah blah blah.
>>
>>380229207
game is only releaseing on ps4 on japan.
And the MH fans seems very split with this. Also this game wont have the marketing most people have even DS3 barely reach 4M and that was alreadya stablished series.
>>
>>380229156

If your intent is not to defend open world then why defend open world?

>>380229330

Nah, I play tons of other games. Just games where shit actually happens instead of walking from one end of an open field to the other and back following an objective marker to tell me where all my quests are then acting like I'm some kind of rad explorer.
>>
>>380228925
just because you conceded the likely truth and played it off as fantasy doesn't mean you get away from sounding like a retard in the first place

or do you not believe what even you say?
>>
>>380229418
> it was actually just big levels chock full of detail
on the stories not the actuall open world

>There designers are intelligent people, and they make intelligent, purposeful decisions.
this is bait..
>>
>>380229158
Well they're trash on portable. Screen is too small for those big monsters.
>>
>>380228663
Actually the MH formula is this one:
1-Quests with Timer
2-HP/stamina bars and 3 carts before failure
3-Boss focused
4-Can do diverse equipment from the bosses, natural resources and some small critters as well to upgrade previous equipment with diverse materials.
5-Online mode of 4 players
6-Skill based ARPG, gameplay.
7-Maps are composed of zones that work as small arenas to fight the monsters.
>>
>>380229547

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Did you reply to the right post?
>>
>>380229012
you either have loading zones or you don't. It is actually literally binary. there are two options there.

If you get rid of them, you then have to redesign much of the way the game works. Instead of running to different zones to hide or sharpen, you have to hide under a tree or some brush vegetation. They could have just as well not added that shit, but no they kept that stuff to retain familiar conceptual ties with the original series.

or can you come up with multiple different ways that would actually support your claim this wasn't binary?
>>
>game is well received because westerners love open-world trash
>classic MH as we know it dies
Thanks for ruining one of my favorite games, Capcom
>>
>>380229316
the monhun team also asked for funding to run servers for multiplayer but sony told them no and to instead add achievements and other psn features.
>>
>>380229163
What? You know, in games today, a monster can fly off, you can watch it fly off, you can follow it, and when you find it, it can be sleeping there, resting, healing up

thats why they're making MHW
>>
>>380229483
What I said does not apply to only open world, it applies to everything involving a edited game video trying to showcase something specific. But there's more to understand since you can think about the already existing mechanics and apply some thinking to fully understand how to get from point A to B.
>>
>>380229471
Or it could be the RE4 of the series
>>
>>380229468
Well west has been touching a lot of people in the wrong places(like in the childhood) in the wrong way (raping IPs).
So I can't blame them.
>>
>>380229663

We're not talking about loading zones, kiddo, we're talking about why open worlds are shit.

Also do you seriously zone to sharpen? That's precious time for monster beatin'
>>
>Capcom will use this "spin-off" excuse to shove cinematic open-world bullshit in and make a whole village full of niggers and trans
>Just like how "the west" wants it
>>
>>380229791

Critical thinking tells me the went DD with this to chase Open World Casualbucks.

If gameplay videos prove me wrong I'll shut my trap but until then I'm going to bitch about what it looks like it is.
>>
>>380229163
>Monster gets tired it goes away to eat and reacharge.

And? What do zones have to do with it?

>it leaves

So track it, and then kill it when it eventually sleeps.

>keep hitting its tail

The natural response from a monster when it knows it can't get away is to fight to the death. But your meagre imagination can't think of that shit. You don't even recall the fucking flash bombs that people use to bring flying monsters trying to get away down, just to keep them in the same zone.
>>
>>380229615
then play another series you dumb fuck

>waaahhh this series should be dead instead of being on handhelds I dont like
>>
File: 1497326292005 (1).png (496KB, 2397x698px) Image search: [Google]
1497326292005 (1).png
496KB, 2397x698px
>REEEE CHANGE
>REEE NOT THE SAME GAME WITH 5 NEW MONSTERS
Autism
>>
Guys come on

It's not going to be tailored to western audiences because it's only releasing on systems popular outside of japan

It's part of the main series even though it is not a numbered entry and has a kooky subtitle

And capcom don't care about the japanese market or the millions of copies they could sell by keeping the main series exclusive to nintendo systems

You guys are being ridiculous
>>
>>380229649
Yes and all of that is in there, it's an E3 trailer no one shows HUD.
>wanting zones when you can have no load times
>>
>>380229707
>to instead add achievements

MH already has achievements. It's not going to be a new thing.
>>
>>380229591
If your only experience was with MH you can at least admit that they made a complex metagame with a shitload of detail that was able to keep drawing you back for more.

If you've played anything PS2 era and past from Capcom you would see their bravest games are highly intelligent and ambitious in design. Zombie games with companion AI and giant hordes, alien games with giant monsters and grappling hooks , high fantasy with monster climbing and hardcore mechanics

it's as though they've been trying to make this game for 15 years............
>>
>>380230039
>wanting zones when you can have no load times
It's hilarious that you think open world means no load times.
The fact of the matter is that it means longer load times.
>>
File: is you forreal.png (59KB, 211x200px) Image search: [Google]
is you forreal.png
59KB, 211x200px
>>380229649
>timed missions
>3 lives
>bosses
>get upgrades from bosses
>4 player multiplayer
yeah, no games have ever done this before, and it's not like a few of these things have been nearly universally phased out of gaming for carrying anti-fun properties.

MH sure was unique and favorably recognizable, huh?
>>
>>380229787
what about the ones that dont, it being zoneless have other implciations. it measn you can agro he monster to every place and given that even a fucking plam tree trapped the monster this shit will make it a breeze.
there are also monster that cant fly but they jumping out 100 km into the air problably will break the realism capcom is trying to give to this new entry.
>>380229824
doubtful, re4 was riding the popularity of RE. MHW doesnt have a lot to ride except for japan and msot dont have a ps4 there compared to the psp or 3ds.
>>
>all these fucking retards who never played the PS2 monhuns

savages
you're all savages
>>
>>380230020
I'm not gonna jump to the same lengths of proclaiming "autism," but honestly these sorts of reactions are getting more and more common. Runescape gets filled with /pol/ memes over a gay scarf, with misinformed people proclaiming "they didn't poll us so they don't care what we want" despite agreeing to a poll about small, non-balancing-changing random events. You basically cannot touch Counter-Strike, new or old, without community backlash and someone wanting to slit your throat, which ousted the original creator out entirely when he wanted to do radical, sweeping overhauls and additions (though Tactical Intervention demonstrated that either they weren't good ideas or he got the shit end of the budget stick).

The more powerful a fanbase for something, the more retarded they get the moment anything abnormal occurs.
>>
>>380230202
So what you're saying is that you want a monhun game without the unique characteristics of a monhun game.
>>
>>380230187
I know there will be load times when you start the game, enter the village and I assume exit the village but once you're in the map there will not be any they stated so themselves. The said multiple maps but I'm not exactly sure what that means if they meant like changing from jungle to arctic if so that would be pretty amazing but I'm going to assume it goes the same way like MH where you pick a quest and go to that area and that one area will have no transitions or zones.
>>
honestly
are people mad because they think it'll be different, or are they mad because they think it'll be the same?
>>
>>380230473
that it's not on the Switch
>>
As a long term MonHun fan (who doesn't care about platform or the assets used):
>detective vision, what
>unsure about open world approach - MH is all about cutting straight to the boss fights and the filler is generally shit - this forces you to engage with the shit content
>not portable, but we'll still have real Monster Hunter for that
>grappling hook looks cool

Other than that, we don't really know anything. I am cautious, veering on sceptical, but I am going to buy it anyway. Much as I'm going to get a Switch when XX comes out for it.
>>
>>380230052
oh sorry

*psn 'pureaseu dont sue us miclosoft' trophies
>>
>MH3 introduces underwater combat and underwater zones with monster unique to it
>REEEE THIS ISN'T EXACTLY WHAT I PLAYED BEFORE
>MH4 drops underwater combat and zones to adds small verticality in pre existing zones for mounting
>REEEE THIS ISN''T EXACTLY WHAT I PLAYED BEFORE
>MHX keeps the verticality and adds in styles which let you do special moves and change the way you play with each weapon
>MH Worlds drops styles and adds in open world, giving the player tools to make use of it through stealth or climbing
Monster Hunter trys its best to innovate when it can. I think its obvious they've been wanting to do something like this for a long time but due to the limitations of the consoles they released on they couldn't really do it.
This is obviously gonna stick if if they nail down open world gameplay and I can definitely see underwater zones and combat coming back in a sequel.
>>
>>380230439
>but once you're in the map there will not be any they stated so themselves
Yes because that's ever stopped the pop in on open world games with a higher budget than this.
>>
>>380230429
I know, this is just pathetic, people are getting something new and losing their shit. i am sure they will get their updated handheld game too. Nintenfaggots need to fucking RELAX

Don't like it? don't buy it you worthless fags
>>
>>380230289
it's not realistic
maybe more believable

but I'm sure when you see a farting pink baboon with a mushroom on it's tale you'll have a better idea of what to expect
>>
>>380230473
Different by the looks of things.
This game is pissing off the entire MH fanbase even those that didn't jump to 3ds
>>
>>380229967
becasue if the mosntetr is not fo the flying type it will run to its nest and you can kill it before it can eat or sleep.
> just to keep them in the same zone.
exactly zone managment is a thing dung bombas and flash bombs are for this so the monster doesnt have a chance to recover.
It just running to its zone and me chasing it not far behind and even being faster than him thanks to graple or even slow it down by using one of the convineinet placed natural traps kill any sense of control of the area.
The problem is not tracking it, but is the mosnter having less tools and chances now.
>>
>>380230538
>detective vision, what
seems to be basically glowflies or some such that lead you to objectives and thinks of interest, while also serving as an alert indicator
not that it really changes anything about the context, but it's.. "sorta" immersive compared to just seeing shit through walls with blatant markers I guess?
>>
>>380230310
>the actual worst controlling monster hunter game

no you are the savage
>>
>>380230473
nigga they showed a cutscene with no gameplay and there are people in this thread right now who think they have derived every single gameplay mechanic that is going to be in the new game
>>
>>380230602
I'll pop you in the ass.
>>
>>380230582
Too many autistic people play handhelds and have infected and held back monhun because of it
>>
>>380230039
>Open world with timer
???
>Open world and carts
???
>Open world and separated zones
???

The game don't follow the formula, How do you rank up? if there is even ranks if not, then the game will be utter shit.
>>
>>380230538
MH is about taking on monsters in the wild. They are not static, they move, and this is enhanced with an open world without loading screens, not hindered.

As a matter of fact, as I typed that, I seem to recall interviews from the PS2 game that described it similarly.
>>
>>380230582
>Worlds drops styles

Likely, but we don't know that for sure yet, bub.
>>
>>380230671
we havent seen congalas.
The iguana and feather trex are really bland becasue they are trying to be more natural or beliveable. Also you can see running animation not being as silly. who knows how they will handle felyns and recover animations with this new outlook.
>>
>>380230767
yeah it ruins the game!
>waves at hot air balloon
>throws paintball on monster
>>
>>380230437
given that, specifically for monhun, many of it's "unique characteristics" are actually excessively outdated or simply retarded game design ideas, yes.

Yes, that is exactly what I want. Actually no it isn't, i don't care. It's exactly what it needs for me to care enough to consider playing another MH, when I'm not touching the other MH games with a stick and will stay far away from them, with my dollar snugly fit inside my wallet should they decide to keep making those kinds of MH games.

I'm not trying to make MH something it isn't, i don't care enough for that. If MH wants to be better than what it has been in order to allow me to care though, all the power to capcom.
>>
>>380230582
>>MH3 introduces underwater combat and underwater zones with monster unique to it
>>REEEE THIS ISN'T EXACTLY WHAT I PLAYED BEFORE
>>MH4 drops underwater combat and zones to adds small verticality in pre existing zones for mounting
>>REEEE THIS ISN''T EXACTLY WHAT I PLAYED BEFORE
You realise swimming wasn't shat in because it was different but because it was bad right? Aiming and evading were both ass in the water.

No one really got mad about mounting until "je suis monte" became common.
>>
I can't think of how else they would present a new monster hunter that wouldn't piss off a good chunk of people anyhow
>>
Everyone is complaining about the open world stuff and here I am thinking that machine bowgun looks weird as hell. Hopefully they don't make it more overpowered than it already is.
>>
>>380230202
Is the formula, it make you either love MH or hate MH, and I can see that you hate MH enough to want it dead, you disgust me.
>>
>>380230756
It doesn't kill any sense of control, it enhances it? You can bring it down where it's easiest to kill. Isn't that the point of hunting the monster?
>>
>>380230965
>magic shows you where everything is at the push of a button
>better than having to toss a tracking item onto a monster if you want to be able to easily follow it
>>
>>380230986
>It's exactly what it needs for me to care enough to consider playing another MH
i have a feeeling people here didnt even play Mh4 or MHX
>>
>>380230838
Why are you assuming this? They showed one fucking map, why do you assume that's all the game is? Apply your thinking to what MH is in general gameplay, guild/village/farm/HR etc then just think about it in MH World. There could easily be timed quests you have to get back because some nonsense or whatever or a monster only comes for a certain time or some shit I dunno. It's still a game and you can die and come back, I mean I think you are taking this to realistically.
>>
>>380230473
It will be way too different, I don't like how it looks.
>>
File: you rotound motherfucker.png (228KB, 503x457px) Image search: [Google]
you rotound motherfucker.png
228KB, 503x457px
Even with all the additions, improvements and changes over the years, the mainline Monster Hunter games are still glorified PS2/PSP games. And it's a spinoff while you people still get your mainline series. I don't even get what the big deal is besides the fear that, on the off-chance that it's a financial success, it could take over the main serise.
>>
>>380230986
They were compromises because of the technology. This is not the case anymore.

The game is getting better. If you don't like it, please, refer to your latest 3DS iteration.
>>
File: 1488742058760.png (148KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488742058760.png
148KB, 600x800px
It's just MH for western audiences like the leak said. Let it be its own thing as a spinoff series and everyone is happy unless capcom kills mainline
>>
Anyone skeptical about this series moving to open world is a fucking retard or a casual. Your choice.

Toukiden 2 went open world and benefited fucking GREATLY from it.
>>
MH fans defending zones is all I need to completely discredit their opinions
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnNz4lMjJq4
Watch these gameplay clips you niggers, combat and animations look exactly the same as the rest of the series
>>
>>380230771
>they showed no gameplay
Link me the trailer you watched.
>>
>>380230965
>fairy auto tracks
>have to either find an area where there's a balloon or actually carry paintballs and actively tag a monster with it
And there are people saying it hasn't been casualised?
>>
>>380231354
I mean, the core gameplay looks the same, it just seems like they pulled a bit of a Breath of the Wild and built the rest of the new system to flow around it.
>>
>>380220008
Now you know how DoD fags feel.
>>
>>380231385
no HUD -> doesn't count
>>
File: 1385964455142.gif (443KB, 506x516px) Image search: [Google]
1385964455142.gif
443KB, 506x516px
>>380230827

This

>>380230838
Toukiden did all 3 of these well when it went open world.
Unless you believe Capcom is so incompetent they can only rehash the same formula endlessly
>>
I feel like I just argued with an infant why a buzz light year action figure with recorded catch phrases and light up wings is better than one with just light up wings
>>
>>380231403
It's an armor skill
>>
>>380231172
Most people here didn't play FU or P3rd either.
>>
>>380231074
>take monster hunter 4
>replace graphics with slightly better graphics
>add more monsters, zones, gear, etc
>release to consoles+pc
>people that like monster hunter get a shiny new game
>people that hate monster hunter but want to jump on the bandwagon either get btfo and leave or find they love the game
>everyone happy
>>
>>380231281
>unless capcom kills mainline
Wouldn't be the first time.
>>
I just really think the graphics are blinding all of you, you guys forgot everything MH has when you can easily apply it all to this game except it's a bigger world so think a little bigger.
>>
>>380231518
That's arguably even worse.>>380231650
>>
File: 1490329860477.png (593KB, 640x543px) Image search: [Google]
1490329860477.png
593KB, 640x543px
>>380231209
MH is my favorite franchise I have the right to be paranoid if it is getting fucked by some weird ass trailers that show a literal t-rex that looks nothing like a MH monster and some weird sparkly dust that looks like magic, even more when the fucking hunter hook all over the fucking place.

It is a very very weird spinoff anon and I don't like it so fat, I have to see actual gameplay.
>>
>>380231525
the hip new audience for monster hunter probably hasn't even touched any of the games
>>
>>380231507
Cut scenes in games aren't just when the HUDs not on, anon.
>>
>see the MHW trailer
>get hype
>finally a new engine and a pc release for the west
>ITT assblasted fags acting like this is MH5 and not a spinoff

Why so anally annihilated over a spinoff title? Just be happy PC is getting monhun finally and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>380223450
You're looking at Dragon's Dogma 2 animations buddy. Watch the E3 trailer and observe the monster-climbing and jumping-off animations.
Straight up Dragon's Dogma animations.
>>
>>380231748
I agree with your concern and think it has a solid base. I don't care about the platform as long as MH stays good. I would be playing MHO if it wasn't a piece of trash.
>>
>>380231757
>game is different from what he wanted
>thinks its for him anyway

you poor soul

Capcom abandoned you

go back to your cave
>>
>>380231242
probably will be casualized to hell
>>
>>380231748
>xD the games were always shit this new one is going to be sooooo goooood
>all the fans of the old games are autistic because they liked the series before I did
>yfw this is the real DmC2: Fuck you Boogaloo
>>
>>380231741
How is that worse? That clearly is hunter gear so it's not that good so it gets that skill, sacrificing defense for just quality of life really, most people would just go with a paintball and better armor but if casuals wanna use that as a armor skill then it's there for them.
>>
>>380231930
>Capcom abandoned you
Spitting in the face of the only people to buy your games to pander to casuals isn't exactly the best idea
They've already ruined street fighter after all.
>>
>>380231129
>You can bring it down where it's easiest to kill
excelty, making the other parts of the map useless Why fight them on the beach when you can agro them to a zone with a trap, that done? agro them to the next naturaltrap.
this change the whole formula of the game, is no longer trying toa trap. Is a radical change since you dont need to set up, and could affect the difficulty a lot.
Another things is that zone moving allows for resetting the fight for both the monster and the hunter. if you fight in a zone and dont get hit a lotwhen the monster moves to eat for example you could inmmediately follow to prevent such. if you did get hit a lot you could try exit the zone to recover or do it after scaring the mosnter away since you are on time.
Here that will become a game of chase when you fuck up and coming back will probably cost more time.
>>
>>380231930
>series isn't something I like
>it should change to cater to ME fuck its fans!

kill yourself
>>
>>380231295
>>380231512
This is not toukiden is the god of all hunting games anon is way more important than some shitty knockoff.
>>380231336
Shut up and die, you haven't even played a MH game in your life.
>>
>>380231121
I liked some part of MH else I wouldn't have played every MH game since 2009.

The biggest staying factor it had was actually multiplayer co-op, but they somehow even made that a problem in MH when it shouldn't be in any game for any reason whatsoever. the 3 life pool where because person X dies, persons Y, W and Z are punished as well was fucking stupid. I can believe that maybe some people never cared enough to know that, but I doubt anyone who comprehended the concept actually enjoyed it. That wasn't "take it or leave it", it was "leave it or fuck off". I have gotten more angry and upset with other online players via Monster Hunter far more than I have made friends through Monster Hunter, which is fucking retarded given it's supposed to be a goddamn co-op game. I made almost 6 dozen friends through Phantasy Star Online in 2 years which Monster Hunter as a game more-or-less copies in a quite a few concepts, meanwhile across the 4 MH games I've played over the past decade, i've only made like 10 friends, and 5 of those were japs cause they cart less than westerners, allowing the potential to foster friendliness rather than harboring ill will.

It takes a special kind of retard to explicitly favor what MH has been, and is not surprising that that same retard would irrationally disagree with a more moden Monster Hunter when "classic" monster hunter is plagued with flaws.
>>
>>380232078
You know the best part about all this?
These same people were saying how this change would be less trap centric.
Now traps are going to be the meta whether they like it or not.
>>
>>380232179

So are you conceding that Capcom is incapable or properly designing MH in an Open World setting?
>>
>>380232179
You see anon MH fans always react in the exact same ridiculous way when someone tries to utter some valid criticism of their autism simulator
You receive not a single ounce of pity from me and I sincerely hope this game becomes popular enough to kill off the mainline series, purely out of spite
>>
>>380232078
Well that could be fixed if those environment traps are just one time only things, like you go back to the village and redo a quest in the same area but the environment stuff is still in crumbles the way you left it. Given the somewhat realistic approach that might be the case.
>>
File: 1422669113208.png (760KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1422669113208.png
760KB, 1000x1000px
STOP GETTING EXCITED ABOUT MHW IT'S FUCKING CASUALIZED WESTERNIZED GARBAGE

THE FUTURE OF THE SERIES IS ON SWITCH, WE'RE GETTING THE REAL MAINLINE TITLE XX

GO
FUCK
YOURSELVES
>>
>>380232269
yeah thats my main problem with the game, natural traps are too Op.
hell the trex got stuck in one BY MISTAKE when trying to get the hunter off.
>>
>>380232131
>should change

It DID change. I owned both PS2 games and played on PSP.

FUCK YOU BUDDY
>>
>>380232179
>the god of all hunting games

PSO
>>
>>380231981
casualize really needs to be separated from bastardized in this context
>>
>>380232241
>crying because you can fail as a team when you go out as a team

Sounds like you're just autistic
>>
It really isn't Monster Hunter without loading screens, I don't know what they're thinking.
>>
>>380232365

The main dev team is working on this game
So how exactly is it western?

The game was also announced for Japan today as Ps4/Pro exclusive
You just suck nintendo cock
>>
>>380217221
I'll still get this for PC, but I'm a little worried about some of the stuff I saw in the trailer, specifically the stuff involving smaller monsters.

Small monsters were just for testing weapons and crafting certain items. When you get to the best part of Monster Hunter; fighting the large monsters, small monsters just become a pain in the ass. They've taken the most annoying part of the game and made it worse. The player in the trailer wasted an item AND had to use stealth to avoid them.

The was also that #woah #epic #cinematic chase sequence which looked awful and the fact that tracks LIGHT UP. What on earth was that shit? Tracks are cool, don't get me wrong. Tracks which light up is casual-mode. May as well have a big quest marker pointing in the monsters location.

I've bought every shitty MH clone on PC and PS4 for years now. I really fucking hope this game does Monster Hunter properly. Even if it's cinematic bullshit, Sony-only children will still praise it and say it's the best Monster Hunter ever. Then, since they're the bigger chunk of gamers in the west, they'll likely cause us to get MORE shitty casualised MH games.

I'm very excited, but also very worried. We could be looking at the end of good Monster Hunter here.
>>
>>380232078
yes, your choices and interaction with the monster and environment are much more important and personal, intimate even, i agree

this certainly does improve the game
>>
>>380229471
You underestimate how autistic Japanese people are. They will literally go out and spend their entire 85 hour week's worth of money on a system and 6 copies of MonHun.
>>
>>380232365
>MH5 gets announced for Switch at TGS or in a direct sometime early next year
The chaos would destroy /mhg/. I do not expect it to survive.
>>
>>380232601
IT'S FUCKING WESTERNIZED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>finally doesn't look like dogshit
>finally a PC release

Nice. And even if the game ends up sucking, they already have the current gen assets and you know they'll milk that shit and release several more MH games with them, including ones that follow the tried and true formula instead trying to innovate.
>>
Still has
>village
>quests
>farm
>palico
>smithy
>arena
>multiple areas
>one slight change : no load zones
OMG ITS SOOOO DIFFERENT I HATE IT!!
>>
>>380232601
One that's a Sonygro falseflag.
Two you have to be an idiot not to see the heavy western ideas they're using here.
>>
>>380232601
>So how exactly is it western?
anoucned a t e3 instead of tgs, worlwide release and it being more realistic and in their mechanics and animations.
>>
File: 1458158259039.jpg (238KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1458158259039.jpg
238KB, 1280x1024px
>>380232520
>play by myself
>get 3 lives
>can afford to die multiple times
>play online with 3 other people
>cant afford to die at all cause anyone else might die and take one of the 3 lives we all have to share
>Hunter1 can die 3 times and ruin it for Hunter's 2,3 and 4.
>or Hunter's 1,2 and 3 can each die and ruin it for for hunter 4 who otherwise played flawlessly

ye, you caught me - I'M the autistic one here. Couldn't be you, right?
>>
So what are the changes that we are still getting Dragons Dogma 2 or Deep Down? Do you guys think Capcom is working only on this? Well atleast we'll be getting the DD ps4/xbox port. I guess I shoud be happy whit just that.
>>
>>380232306
Think about it anon, it is Capcom lord of the fuck ups.
>>380232321
Ok, and I hope that your family is raped merciless you know, purely out of spite.
>>
>>380232752
>Two you have to be an idiot not to see the heavy western ideas they're using here.

Good visuals are a western idea?
>>
>>380232603
it sounds more challenging, you're right, this certainly does improve the game
>>
>>380232679
only if portable the MHtri didnt sell that well there and the ps4 has less userbase than that.
A lot of the MH appeal is the local play, hell the only reason is popular there is becasue local play.
>>
>>380232449
That's the ancestor you dumb fuck.

The GOD is MH
>>
>>380232820
>Think about it anon, it is Capcom lord of the fuck ups.

So incompetent devs make MH games?
>>
>>380232738
>quests
the fact that arent mission anymore should say the nature of it.
>>
>>380232738
Source?
>>
>>380232919

Nah.
MH is inferior to PSO
>>
>>380232802
I'm pretty sure Capcom has several small showcases scheduled throughout E3 week, Dogma could be one of them
>>
>>380232932
Well they tend to do something glorious and then burn it down for no reason, see megaman.
>>
>>380232738
>still has
Care to prove that?
>>one slight change : no load zones
The attack on titan movement totally isn't new guys, MH has always had detective vision, monster hunter never had quest timers what are you on about.
>>
>>380232801
>its the games fault if everything isn't perfect every time
if thats how you want it may as well have all monsters do 0 damage this way you'll never cart and baby can always get his bottle
>>
File: 1475076124692.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475076124692.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>380233029
this is true
>>
>>380233170
>environmental traps have always been a thing dude!
What else is there?
>>
>>380233228
thankfully you still have no idea what binary means.
>>
>>380232887
>focus taken away from the main part of the game
>improved

I bet you also like boss fights that are just fighting waves of normal enemies then a cutsceen plays.
>>
>>380233029
I also like PSO anon but MH is in a whole new superior level.

You can know this because MH can cause mayor controversy, meanwhile PSO can do all kind of weird shits and no one will notice.
>>
>>380233228
How did you even get to that conclusion?
>>
>>380233374
>meanwhile PSO can do all kind of weird shits and no one will notice.

Because based SEGA plays gatekeeper
>>
Monster Hunter World looks pretty cool. Never liked those other monster hunter games cause they looked weird and janky, but the new one looks a lot more natural and smooth.

I'll check it out when it comes out.
>>
>>380233356
No, I like a boss fight that takes time and leads me all across the map in my desperate attempt to bring down a monster that dwarfs me

I like a game whose mechanics demand I improvise

Wave modes are for regards
>>
>>380233668
> and leads me all across the map
good thing even the trees trap monster now. we wouldnt like traveling the map dow we?
>>
>>380233621
There you have it.
The people who want this aren't fans of monhun
>>
File: Sergio.png (11KB, 237x289px) Image search: [Google]
Sergio.png
11KB, 237x289px
>>380233856
Of course they are not fans, normalfags and casuals will eat this shit up.
>>
>>380233856
>people who did not like a series might be interested in it after it's been changed
Riveting revelation anon
>>
Never played monhun, but this is the first one that does look like its made for autistic 14 year olds, so i will pick this up
>>
>>380233856
I've played MH4U and MHX. Will most likely buy this as well.
>>
>>380234673
>3DS game
>fans
Come back when you've played a real game fuckwit
>>
>>380217221
>It's not the same because its not the monster hunter that -I- remember playing!
The industry is happily leaving cancerous faggots like you behind. I for one am excited for the latest monster hunter game and can't wait to play it, so I'll be having fun while you REEE autistically
>>
>>380232831
Yeah, the only good thing western games have is visuals. Learn to analyze, faggot.

The teaser showed us a bunch of things and all you noticed were the polygons.
>>
>>380234939
>the industry is happy spitting in the faces of long term fans to chase the widest market possible regardless of if it kills the series or not

Fixed that for you
>>
>>380235517
>long term fans
like that worth anything, evolve or die nintenbro-eater
>>
>>380235882
>like that worth anything,
They're the only people keeping the franchises alive son.
>>
>>380235882
Worked so well for the devil may cry reboot, eh?
>>
>let's change something that has worked for us very well in the past decade!
>That's a good idea!
>>
>>380231019
>aiming and evading

Actually in tri it wasn't that bad. Tri U fucked it up.
>>
>>380236460
It's called improvement.
>>
>>380236489
Wiimote+chuck made water combat pretty manageable with your thumb always on the d-pad
>>
>>380236787
That's called change not improvement.
Change for the sake of change only ruins the game see DmC, MvC, Other M.
>>
>>380235517
>>380236181
>>380236338
>nintendiapers
>>
>>380237149
>I lost so I'll call them memenames
>>
>>380237368
I see no further argument from you, therefore you have lost
>>
>>380237520
>post examples where change for no reason has ruined games
>can't refute at all
>y-y-y-yur just nintenbabies!!!!1
>>
>>380232983
What evidence do you have to support the assertion that there aren't missions?
>>
>>380227272
I don't get it.

Sony barely shuts down online multiplayer.
Keyword: "barely"

Nintendo shut down online for a lot more shit compared to Sony.

Look at Devils Third, who cares if the game was shit and whatever, it was only a SINGLE year and it was shut down.
>>
>>380237846
>he thinks his opinion matters
it doesnt
>>
>>380238494
that they are being called quest not missions, measn that shit is different somehow
>>
>>380239525
>Nintendo shut down online for a lot more shit compared to Sony.
Nintendo hasn't shut down online for anything you retard.
Capcom shut down tri themselves and Nintendo Wifi was hosted on game spy and you know what happened there.
Sony on the other hand does things of their own volition.
>>
>>380239949
>quests
>missions
>its completely different now
What an idiot
>>
>>380239949
maybe missions will be like the main objective and quests will be the new term for sub-quests
>>
>>380236948
Nah sounds like improvement to me anon.
Thread posts: 309
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.