[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gaming audience is growing older >Games getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

>Gaming audience is growing older
>Games getting dumber
Explanation?
>>
I'm not sure the gaming audience is getting older. We may have peaked on that at some point, so now it's back to marketing to the youth who are still capable of getting excited over games.
>>
>>380214348
oldfag here, I play most games from 1990-2005, I'm pretty sure all these new flashy dumb game are for the current young generation.

Just like all the ridiculous console war thread and "exclusive" stuff, this doesn't resonate at all with me and I couldn't care less. But kids will be kids.
>>
>Gaming audience gets older
>They get adult responsibilities like work, family and relationships
>Less time to play video games
>Therefore, developers must make games that are easy to play but also engaging and immersive

That's why Sony is now focused on mature "cinematic" games like Uncharted or The Last of Us. It's also why companies prefer to make more "serious" games that the target audience won't feel ashamed to admit they play.
>>
File: 1493672529553.png (172KB, 421x447px) Image search: [Google]
1493672529553.png
172KB, 421x447px
manchildren hobby
>>
>>380214512

I think some games are keeping pace in a way. As a lot of the 20-30 somethings I knew who grew up playing vidya started having kids I've started seeing more 'muh daughter' 'muh son' themes in vidya (Last of Us, GoW4)
>>
File: GG.jpg (575KB, 3000x2342px) Image search: [Google]
GG.jpg
575KB, 3000x2342px
>Graphics better than ever
>Even mindless action games have 40 hours of gameplay
It's not that games are becoming dumber, it's that nothing is new to you. You already know the cliche actions to take.
>>
>>380214348
games are made for children and are getting simpler because they're made for fucking children.
The audience isn't getting older. You are.
>>
>Gaming audience
>Dumb
There's your answer
>>
File: 1491207672586.gif (365KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1491207672586.gif
365KB, 500x275px
>>380214348
No homo, but jesus christ Brenden Fraser was a damn good looking guy. I can't bear to look at him now, too damn sad.
>>
>>380216662
>feeling sad for chads
cuckold
>>
>>380216662
Life is a cruel mistress
>>
>gaming audience has less time to devote to learning a game's intricacies, mastering its mechanics, and working around its quirks
>blockbuster games aim to be extremely self contained, streamlined experiences with minimal experimentation, and straight-forward, tried-and-true mechanics that have been pared down to the most reliable interactions
>they make up the difference by using the remainder of the budget to layer as much shine and glitzy flash/presentation on top of the simple mechanic as possible

gee it's really hard to figure out
oh wait
>>
>>380214348
Its the same for the devs so it you need to look from the devs side and they have their own issues:

1. money hunger
2. lazyness(most games under same engines/ less new engines, waaay more outsourcing)
3. aging turns many(except me and some others out there) into preachy shits that think they've learned what lifes about and whats 'right and wrong'

Because of 1,2 and 3:

Many big wig owners, producers and leads in dev just dont give a shit about effort but want your money and also try to seem like they know better so shove their shallow vision down your throat for your own good.

What they dont understand is that humans are beautifully vile, sex hungry and violence loving degenerates which if you learn to love for what they are and put in the effort you can get their praise while becoming their new overlords and they will love it.
>>
>>380214348
>You're mother is a whore
>>
>>380217421
What the fuck happened bros?why the fuck would a woman cuck him ? Just look at him, why would a woman leave THAT?
>>
>>380219785
>Implying anyone of us knows why women think the way they do.
Unless of course there's one among us that can spill the beans, but alas, we aren't on the internet, right fellow men?
>>
>>380219785
Men are told every day that their home is their castle and their wife their queen. They will break their backs working themselves to the bone to keep their queen happy. Women, by contrast, are taught that they are princesses and every whim should be catered to. If they ever get any feeling of discontent then it is by default their man's fault for not providing explicitly what they need to they are perfectly within their rights to destroy his fucking life.
>>
>>380220584
I can almost taste the salt.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.