[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have an anthem thread? Hopes and fears? Personally I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 36

File: anthem.jpg (152KB, 1190x595px) Image search: [Google]
anthem.jpg
152KB, 1190x595px
Can we have an anthem thread?
Hopes and fears?
Personally I think it's pretty promising. It's the prime bioware dev team, it's got a relatively fresh world design, looks like there's some cool abilities for getting around and fighting too.
Also only 4 player co-op so I doubt it'll turn into the destiny shitfest of getting better loot to get better loot in a futile attempt to beat koreans who have more free time than you.
>>
>>380202258
If anybody had any doubts that what is left of bioware now is just the name, anthem cleared those doubts.

It's just another space shooter.
>>
>>380202258
>pre-alpha reveal

Game won't look anything like what we saw once it hits retail. I wouldn't be surprised if it slips to Holiday 2018 / Q1 2019. "open" world looked like a series of half pipes rather than a real open world. Diving into the water was cool. Not really into the designs for the exosuits so far. Will keep an eye on it and wait to see some real hands on footage before deciding either way.
>>
>>380203489
Is it though?
I mean I'm not blind, I see the similarities and influences, but I can't help but feel like flying around a jungle world in a suit of armour with some friends would make for a pretty comfy time
>>
>>380203939
Would also not be surprised to see it pushed back. And yeah, the pipe thing does worry me a bit. I'd have liked to see them just fly straight out into open. Also noticed that they only flew straight ahead or down, never up. I'd just really love unrestricted movement.
>>
>>380202258
its gonna be another destiny in my opinion.

im personally on the fence with this game rn, i want to see how independent journalists rate the game before i consider buying it.
>>
>>380204464
Same also, I've learned my lesson with preordering and shit.
I don't see how this could be another Destiny though. I mean, it's not an mmo. How similar could they really be?
>>
>>380204124
bioware made narrative driven rpgs with nice basic rpg mechanics, and they were good at it.
now they are just another generic dev that is chasing the next fashion.

as for the game itself, as >>380203939
pointed out, the trailer we saw was hevelily scripted and edited, and if you really thing about it, we saw no actual gameplay, just people pretending to play coop. It will be division all over again bu who cares, gamers are sheep and never learn or care anyways.
>>
>>380202258
>I think it's pretty promising. It's the prime bioware dev team
lol
>>
>>380203939
I could believe this is actually what the game is meant to look like.

Usually bullshots don't show interface elements.
>>
File: VqEj1Pl.gif (888KB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
VqEj1Pl.gif
888KB, 450x252px
>>380202258
>>380205201
>mrw people think BioWare Edmonton are godtier devs

It's pretty fucking funny this narrative has cropped up just because of how shit Andromeda was.
>>
>>380205327
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aHVdb2lkjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCRG_z94uKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7xFSYsy0rk
I don't think the graphics will be that downgraded, but this was obviously a tightly scripted slice and the game
>>
File: staff.jpg (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
staff.jpg
92KB, 800x600px
>>380202258
>It's the prime bioware dev team
Oh, you mean these gals?

No thanks.
>>
the gameplay looked straight out of mass effect
>>
File: bestbiowaredevs.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
bestbiowaredevs.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>380206997
except the enemies died in one shot.
>>
>>380206997
Bioware are known for recycling shit, especially game mechanics... thats not surprising
>>
looks on-rails more or less. third person shooting always sucks and feels worthless, too.

really just the division in a different setting and this is an e3 trailer so this is THE BEST they can show, even with the leeway you get making a scripted e3 trailer.

im just glad it isn't a "cover shooter" but believe me this thing looks like it will absolutely disappoint a ton of people
>>
>>380204968
Destiny isn't an mmo either. They're both co-op and sometimes shared world shooters.
>>
Is it just me or do they basically run through a canyon the entire trailer. Doesn't look very open world.
>>
>>380202258
It looks promising. But let's not kid ourselves. We can't exactly pretend Mass Effect Andromeda (and DA:I for that matter) didn't happen. Also the fact the main character was a chick gives me a bad feeling about the direction of this game. Also they officially confirmed this for PS4 and Xbone. So a downgrade is inevitable.
>>
>>380202258
It looks like the game will have a lot of similarities with Destiny, i noticed something that seemed similar to Destiny's elemental types but without further gameplay it's hard to tell, the general rhythm of the reveal was a mirror of Destiny's E3 reveal years back.

The guns look like they have a good impact but the shooting looked slow and the enemies looked a little too generic.

I'm hoping there will be more than 4 base armors that are "highly" customizable. the more we can work from the more variety between players the better.

My biggest hope is that the game will have a character creator.
>>
We shazbot now?
>>
File: hmm.png (73KB, 193x290px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
73KB, 193x290px
>when Bioware's B-team is so shit it makes their A-team look good

So that's their plan.
>>
>>380208149
Yep, the town they showed was one narrow stretch opening up to your mech platform. Hide a loading screen to the top of the wall. "Fly" down to your mission area and it's all half pipes.
>>
>>380202258
Ever since that Firefall MMO turned into a horrible horrible dumpster fire, I've had a sci-fi exo-suit shooter itch that has just not been scratched. I'm not getting my hopes up about the graphics, and what we did see of the gunplay didn't look stellar, but I think there's potential and I'll keep it on my radar.
>>
Looks interesting, I like the Iron Man feel it has to it.
Looks like something I'll get on sale for 20$ in a couple of years
>>
>>380202258
My hope is that Anthem might get the general idea behind Destiny right. This seems highly unlikely, primarily due to it being made by fucking Bioware of all studios.
Extremely cautious, but I'll watch trailers/play the inevitable beta.
>>
File: Happy face.jpg (13KB, 416x297px) Image search: [Google]
Happy face.jpg
13KB, 416x297px
If anything else, I feel like it has a good aesthetic. A massive Untamed forest is pretty neat.
>>
>>380209243
Destiny is a lot better now than it was in Y1, but the basic act of shooting shit was always good.
>>
>>380202258
As long as there is some quest variety, I don't care how bad the story is, just give me good gameplay
>>
>>380202258
I've been wanting another tribes game for years
>>
>>380208840
Not that I want to defend Bioware but it looked like you could've branched out in a couple of directions when the big bear thing showed up about halfway through and where the scavenger guys were as well as what looked like an underwater dungeon they could've gone in.

Still not an open world but hardly pure linear.
>>
File: BioWare downgrade.webm (3MB, 1920x550px) Image search: [Google]
BioWare downgrade.webm
3MB, 1920x550px
>>380202258
Everything you saw was a lie. Every second of it.
>>
So as far as I can tell you character gets this super suit so he/she/it can fly around and find gay sex.

What else is there?
>>
>>380202258
>fears?
Bioware
>>
>>380202258

Hopes - Movement is actually that fluent.
Fears - I just fucking know it won't be.
>>
File: stopthecar.png (186KB, 642x483px) Image search: [Google]
stopthecar.png
186KB, 642x483px
>>380202258
>I think it's pretty promising
>It's the prime bioware dev team

These two statements are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>380209372
This. I think it looks interesting. I'm not expecting anything amazing out of it but could be fun.

But ya after firefall flopped I'm not expecting something amazing.
>>
>>380209572

>those dates

I didn't notice that the last time I saw this webm. Jesus christ.
>>
>>380209572
Because previews are always indicative of the final product.
Fuck off, retard
>>
>>380209795

Bioshill detected.
>>
>prime bioware dev team

Is it? I thought Biowares main team was working on Casey Hudsons project, which this isn't.
>>
>>380209795
>previews indicative of final product
>thread discussing previews from the very same dev and hopes/fears for the final product

Nigga what the fuck is your point?
>>
>>380209795
How dumb do you even have to be to defend that?
>>
>>380209524
Just looked like long linear stretches with Dungeons"?" to me. I think people are just overhyping it right now. Barely any actual gameplay was shown.
>>
>>380209374
Indeed, the Bungie 30 second loop was there in full force right from launch. The problem is/was literally everything else.
I played the base game and first DLC, but I didn't want to reward them with more money for anything past that.

On the topic, I find it funny that Bungie went out of their way to strip away one of the "fun" weapon slots for another "it works" weapon slot in D2, yet the new trailer is primarily focused around usage of the cool weapons that are now all competing for a single slot.
>>
>>380209901
this was Casey Hudson's project before he left.
>>
I have doubts on Bioware out Bungieing Bungie on a space looter shooter when Bungie is several years ahead of them.
>>
A 3rd person Destiny. I think this will be my buy instead of Destiny.
>>
>>380202258
Doesn't look anything like Bioware, looks like a Destiny clone and another generic space shooter. Bioware is truly dead now, once and for all. Mass Effect 3 was the last decent game they made.
>>
>>380202258
Looks pretty generic. Also looks stupid seeing the "badass girl mechanics" when in reality they never even go near a car.
>>
>>380210156

Oh I didn't even realize he quit Bioware.

Not exactly great tidings for this game if the lead quits so early in.
>>
>>380202258
Another fucking online only game. Pass.
>>
>>380202258
>Hopes

Literally none because Bioware.
>>
>>380210127
Yeah, I quit playing after the first month and only came back to it a month before Rise of Iron when someone gifted me Taken King. Honestly my biggest complaints right now are having to go to orbit to go to an activity, patrol mode being kind of dead / boring, and no custom strike playlist. The new weapon system seems like it was built specifically to cater to the pvp players even though they have consistently been the smaller population.
>>
O R I G I N
R
I
G
I
N
>>
Will it have custom characters with no voice, or something like Shepherd/Ryder? Please tell me its not just that girl
>>
>>380204968
Have you played Destiny? It's the exact same thing, a co-op sci-fi game where you're in a semi-open world going around from place to place killing aliens and encountering random events so that you can get better loot for one of the classes you play as, each who have a super ability that can wipe out crowds of enemies. The only difference is Anthem is 3rd person.
>>
>>380210283
>Looks pretty generic

this.
>>
>>380210071
Could go either way, I'm just of the opinion that Bioware devs are stupid and made their game look slightly more linear than it actually is by having the characters only move forwards, they might just be dungeons but I sill counted less than 5 possible branching points in a 7 minute video including the descent which might let you pick a main path assuming you can actually control your character during it.
>>
Looks like destiny, and that shit prefab "co-op" with actors is shit and immediately makes me uninterested. I wanted to see, more than anything else in that ass trailer, what happened when they jumped into that storm. I can only imagine it's a fucking 20 second load screen then it plops you into a strike-but-not.
>>
>>380202258
>bioware

i don't trust anything they put out until it releases.
>>
>>380210495
Hopefully, there are definitely some variations in your player character we just have no idea if it's a full character creator yet. From the demo it seemed like the titan-like character was a dude.
>>
>>380208726
>B Team
Weren't they the C Team though?
>>
>>380202258
>BIOWARE
WHEN WILL YOU FUCKING IDIOTS LEARN NOT TO LISTEN TO SHILLS
>>
>>380205068
the division is a great game though
>>
>>380210495
>>380210753

The voices in the gameplay demo were clearly just actors pretending to be players Ubisoft style.
>>
File: IMG_2990.gif (712KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2990.gif
712KB, 320x240px
Why is this getting hype? Bioware hasn't made a great game in years.
>>
>destiny but instead of a competent company like Bungie, it's fucking BIOWARE

I hope this game dies, and then I hope bioware is shut down forever.
>>
>>380210876
>
I meant the character model seemed like it was a dude, but I could just be imbuing the bulky mech suit with male characteristics. It would be very retarded (and hilarious) if the only character customization was via your combat suit and every single person had the same human character underneath though.
>>
File: 1487774261780.gif (1MB, 229x170px) Image search: [Google]
1487774261780.gif
1MB, 229x170px
>>380202258
>Hopes and fears?

>Multiplayer - always online
Strike one
>Big monsters but your only means of interacting with them is with your guns; no climbing, no fighting, no environmental advantages, no adapting your load out per beast
Strike Two
>Loot drops randomized by a random number generator
Strike Three
>Made by EA
Strike Four
>Hub world that has no part in the gameplay other than to meet others and get quests
Strike Five
>Even with big monsters, you will fight grunts with guns
Strike Six

GET
THE
FUCK
U
C
K
OUTTA HERE
O
U
T
T
A
>>
>>380210972
Because of Andromeda. Not to mention it felt like I was watching a Destiny / The Division all over again.
>>
>>380211028
>bungie
>competent
>can't even tell a basic story in a game anymore
>>
>>380211192
Who the hell cares about strikes 1, 5, and 6?
>>
>>380211283
Yeah Destiny totally dropped the ball on everything but their engine. It was such a nice and fluid movement system but they ruined the game by having no game.
>>
>>380211490
A real shame too since Halo Reach was the game right before it and I personally loved it.
>>
>>380211283

bioware can't even animate things well m8, also talking about writing and bioware LUL
>>
>>380211363
>Bioware

there's 3 strikes right there
>>
>>380202258
Edmonton's new IP was my last hope for the company, and it turns out to be a destiny ripoff. I'm done.
>>
File: 1479976231102.jpg (19KB, 403x389px) Image search: [Google]
1479976231102.jpg
19KB, 403x389px
>>380211363

5 is probably the MOST important. Having a hub world means that you are not likely to have multiple hub worlds. It also means, that nothing can happen to it since that is where players load into while signing into the game.

It's a literal safe space, where people will just idle and shit talk. It's already falling into all the trappings of an mmo without the benefits of being a console game. We already have better multiplayer monster hunting games on pc in ARK, Tera, Black Desert and more.

Also, let me just take a moment to lather and bask in the retarded shit you just said.

>Always online
>not a bad thing

Mmm. Mmmhmm, oh baby. Is there any cock you console peasants aren't willing to suck?
>>
>>380211192

>made by BIOWARE

That's the most important strike right there bruh.
>>
>>380211768
>Bioware

Bioware made some great games. I think this is Bl0war3. The difference is pretty self explanatory.
>>
File: 1497320659502.jpg (61KB, 605x520px) Image search: [Google]
1497320659502.jpg
61KB, 605x520px
>>380206513
Imagine being a male employee at Bioware and having to be all like "damn, xir, you fuckin' fine, all competent with your frumpy body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally empower you, both my inner personality and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fucking make a good game in the developers. Like seriously imagine having to be a male employee and not only sit in that chair while Faith and her tranny friend flaunt their disgusting bodies in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing their stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, day after day, hour after hour, while they accomplish literally nothing. Not only having to tolerate their monstrous fucking visage but their haughty attitude as everyone on site tells them they've STILL GOT IT and DAMN, FAITH AND THE XIRS WORK LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch their mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been crushing nothing but a healthy diet of coding and 3d models and later alleged rape accusations for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Montreal. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what xhe calls xirself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with a steady diet tim hortons in the previous months. And then the project director calls for another rewrite of their code, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're a fucking white male. You're not going to lose your future career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
>>380211970
What's wrong with having it be a hub? You haven't made an argument against it
>Having a hub world means that you are not likely to have multiple hub worlds
So what
>It also means, that nothing can happen to it since that is where players load into while signing into the game
Again, so what
>>
>>380212098

the last good game bioware made was dragon age origins
>>
I hate video games that put me in a suit just to give me super powers. Sorry, little nit pick. I'll be playing Destiny 2 over this sadly, if I get time away from Stormblood of course.
>>
>>380204464
I'd be fine with this, if like Destiny it improves.

I wish more games were like Siege, where they have good design at the core but just need more support to iron out the issues. Too bad Ubisoft is dropping the ball on Wildlands and fucking For Honor and letting them both fucking die. Moreso on For Honor, because its issues are primarily server and connection related, with gameplay taking a close second similar to Siege.
>>
>>380212103
>imagine being a male employee at X
I'm not white I'd be just fine with whatever shenanigans I do, hell I'd probably get a medal
>>
>>380212465
if you are a male of color you'd be obligated to have sex with all of them regardless of how disgusting they are.
>>
>>380209572
Wasn't the issue with this webm that game development isn't super linear, it's about stacking layers onto shit? And as development continue, older, more experienced Bioware members left, which left the new shitters to be stuck with shit they had no idea how to handle, and so it ended up like the left side?
>>
>>380212410
TOR has gotten pretty good post release support, but yeah that would be my worry about Anthem. If it even flails a little bit at launch I can see EA being quick with the hook. ME:A is basically dead right now.
>>
>>380212098
Whatever you want to call them. I refuse to touch anything they make anymore. More people should do the same.
>>
Hey this looks cool
>starts speaking on the Mic with others
Nevermind
>>
>>380202258
I just want to earn credits cleaning out the overworld with buds and customize/upgrade my suit at base with my earnings.

If it's that, it'll be my perfect game.
If it's not that, I won't give two fucks about it.
>>
>>380212209

It's lazy design. It restricts what you can do and explore since you have to always be by the hub world. Just listen to the wording of the presentation kid.

>Last bastion of mankind you have to defend

Which roughly translates to;

>You faggots will have to come here and be here all the time cause there isn't anything more

Lastly, before I start ignoring you from now on, I want to make a little foot note. Multiplayer games always have shit stories because just the nature of multiplayer interaction kills any sense of immersion you would have had. How many time have you played destiny or Borderlands and had schmucks trying to rush through the content while you just wanted to take a sec. to listen to the dialog, or read a script or watch a cut scene?

Case.
Closed.

Do not respond to this post.
>>
Seem to remember reading they made the male main character an adonis while the female is very plain or weird looking, purely because the people at bioware think it's their duty to portray more 'realistic' looking women but not men.
>>
File: kirito.png (134KB, 373x281px) Image search: [Google]
kirito.png
134KB, 373x281px
>>380211970
So you plan on playing a multiplayer MMO-lite solo?
>>
>>380212624

This is probably an oversimplification, but from what I've read, Bioware had a shit ton of problems getting the frostbite engine to work for them, and Andromeda had an all over the place development where shit didn't get locked down until very late. The result is that there were a lot of changes to lighting and shading systems and not enough to time to go back and fix scenes those changes visually broke.
>>
>>380202258
I was surprised they outsourced Xenoblade X2 to Bioware and they made it a multiplayer third person shooter.

Didn't see that coming.
>>
>>380212883

Yeah, you read that here. It was obviously made up.
>>
>>380212769
>It restricts what you can do and explore since you have to always be by the hub world
Not even sure what the problem is. Theres an entire area by it you explore, sorry it doesn't go far out enough...? what? The Hub is a non issue
>Multiplayer games always have shit stories because just the nature of multiplayer interaction kills any sense of immersion you would have had
If someone plays a Bioware game, and a MP focused one at that, for story, they're doing it wrong.
You sound like a child here
>>
>>380202258
>Edmonton Alberta fag here.
Anthem is a linear corridor shooter.
The jump jets are scripted piloting effects to transition between areas. You don't get to do that anywhere ever in the game through any level of free play.
It plays like Destiny around 8 months post launch, mixed heavily with Dead Space 3.
They have already had to scale back on the visuals.
>>
File: 1481265720430.gif (3MB, 354x163px) Image search: [Google]
1481265720430.gif
3MB, 354x163px
>>380213056
>I was surprised they outsourced Xenoblade X2 to Bioware and they made it a multiplayer third person shooter.
>>
>>380212883
Better have at least one lead character that's easy on the eyes.

On the other hand fuck that, I'm all for men and women trying to out-mutilate the other's representation in games. Give me Buscemi.
>>
>>380213201
will DA4 beat it out the door before EA shuts you guys down?
>>
>>380213167
>If someone plays a Bioware game ... for story, they're doing it wrong.
What dimension do you live in where Bioware's strength is gameplay?
>>
it LOOKS good
but i know it's not gonna look like that when it comes out
and even with that in mind the game doesn't look boring exactly
but it doesn't look like anything new giving me less reason to care
it doesn't really do anything unique
>>
>>380213687
It actually is now. Andromeda was pretty good gameplay wise
>>
>>380202258
>hopes
It looks and plays like the trailer, and has good single player content

>fears
it has lackluster, tacked on single player content, and launches as a third person Destiny.

The fears are much more likely, but it's worth keeping an eye on for now.
>>
File: 1493947452334.jpg (186KB, 1024x905px) Image search: [Google]
1493947452334.jpg
186KB, 1024x905px
>>380202258
ARE YOU FUCKING IDIOTS INCAPABLE OF LEARNING FROM HISTORY?
IT'S BIOWARE.
AVOID IT.
IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.
>>
>>380213687
Mass Effect 3's multiplayer has always been my favorite multiplayer co-op.
>>
File: xenoblade skell.jpg (107KB, 510x710px) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade skell.jpg
107KB, 510x710px
>>380213796
it really wasn't

>>380213056
>Xenoblade X2
>comparing awesome mechs to shitty iron man rip offs

fuck off
>>
>>380214352
I hate Andromeda, but it was literally the only thing going for it. I'm not saying Gameplay is the best ever, but its their best thing right now
>>
>>380213604
>As I have heard:
the only studio facing closure is Montreal if Bioware can't produce sales on Anthem or DA4. At a minimum they both need to produce 3 million units. EA is heavily backing Anthem to do more since its Frostbite pushing the movement and gunplay but they aren't happy with the RPG elements since (and mostly they don't seem to understand how RPG works) since its very rng based and drop yields are low, and that Bioware has been reusing assets from DAI and MEA to clear the work load for something to do with telemetry has hit a major delay.

>>380213351
The female characters are going through PR testing to make sure that they are appealing enough to female and male players alike. EA came down pretty hard after Andromedas character issues.
>>
>>380214352
>comparing awesome mechs to shitty iron man
You missed the point.
>>
>>380202258
My fears = microtransactions and season pass bullshit expansion pass content like Destiny/Division
>>
File: 1497246892236.jpg (11KB, 122x169px) Image search: [Google]
1497246892236.jpg
11KB, 122x169px
Why do their suits have digitigrade legs?
How does the suit on the very right fly?
>>
>>380214540
expect it and more
>>
I actually want it to btfo Destiny
there's a 48 day delay for PC for some fucking reason, there are 6 subclasses at launch and fuck exclusive shit, and I like anything mecha

anyone got anymore info or a fucking dev interview or something?
>>
>>380214492
Why should I believe you? I doubt they'd put that jump jet sequence in if it was scripted
>>
Hate how the game was presented with those fake player actors.
>le loot
>le xp
>le mob

Yeah nah, I prefer games with actual gameplay
>>
>>380203939
The newest Frostbite did deliver with battlefront and battlefield, I see no reason it can't do the same with anthem
>>
>>380214763
>48 day delay for PC
Jesus 48 days?
>>
>>380202258
>shared world
i hope this means persistence.

If i deal with a threat/quest, this means thats its done when my friend logs in and have some repercussions
>>
>>380214780
it is scripted. thats one of the ways you leave the hubs.
idgaf if you believe me or not though. Anthem is an honest effort from Bioware and it really is an all hands on push for a product to penetrate the market well. And EA is watching Anthem very closely since its budget is supposedly high already.
>>
File: 1453605431915.jpg (34KB, 431x455px) Image search: [Google]
1453605431915.jpg
34KB, 431x455px
>>380215328
yeah
PS4 / Xbone will launch 6th Sept then the devs officially said PC is going to be released 24th fucking October
it'll be DOA
>>
>>380202258
I like the concept, but I am 99% sure either EA or Bioware directly will find a way to fuck it up.
>>
>>380215516
I'm torn. On one hand, it doesn't look scripted, on the other, it looked like the only way to go.
Hows the character creator and general release date?
>>
>>380215516
>Anthem is an honest effort from Bioware and it really is an all hands on push for a product to penetrate the market well.
>t. bioware marketing department
>>
>>380214706
How do the suits in general fly up if there are no verniers on the chest?
Unless I missed it or something
>>
>>380215985
>honest
>bioware
pick fucking 0
>>
>>380202258
hopes: cozy wall base thing, fun exploration, interesting combat, and most of all: a good solo experience. I don't have anyone to play this with.

fears: shallow exploration and gameplay, boring story and setting, dudebro coop required for best content.
>>
>>380213201
>>380214492
>>380215516

sounds like bioware is on its last ropes m8, good riddance
>>
>>380215858
Good lord, i could understand maybe 48 hours or maybe a week at most but 48 days is too damn long. Atleast the PC players will have the 'mastered' edition.
>>
>>380202258
It's a Destiny reskin.

Boring. Next game.
>>
>>380213201
Anyone who isn't a shill can see that. Yet people still think Bioware will "turn it around"
>>
>>380214763

>bioware btfo'ing anything ever except themselves as they slowly hemorrhage to dissolution

lol
>>
>>380215910
I don't know the release date, only that EA has set a definitive date it will be ready by and if it isn't lots of Bioware employees are going to be looking for work.
Their is no flying in the game. I know its something that seems plausible because of a game like PlayerUnknown and the parachuting from the plane, but it isn't something that is player controlled. If you watch the cinematic you can see the soft fades of the video editing on the transitions, and then the whole arc drop pattern of rising and falling that occurs through the entire pathing from the start of the jump to the land.
>I'm torn.
are you all outta faith?
>>380215868
The final Alpha version had been sent of to Dice for revision and QA. Its a shooter that EA wants to do well.
>>
>>380216950
Do you think its a good game as of right now?
How much has been cut?
How important is story and quests?
>>
>>380202258
The gameplay they showed doesn't clarify whether this game is gonna be a bullet sponge fest or would rely on large amounts of cannon fodder enemies instead.
>>
File: j.jpg (459KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
459KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>380213201
>one person flies underwater
>other comes in from above with an attack
>HURR TOTALLY SCRIPTED TRANSITION

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I don't fucking believe you.
>>
>>380216649
Its not a straight RPG game. EA would have given the project to Dice if they didn't want to try and get a product like what HZD was which is why Bioware has it.

Anthem isn't a Bioware original IP. It was a pitch to EA and assigned to Bioware.
>>
File: 1494784010754.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1494784010754.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>380217201
>Still going to take 3 magazines to kill a Jungle Boar or some shit
Ye, bullet sponge with stats, I saw that happen in The Division
>>
>>380202258
They're saying that there is indeed a single player. The issue is whether or not it's in the traditional Bioware formula. They also need to clarify what they intent the games multiplayer to be. Like Destiny's large MP or something smaller
>>
>>380217172
I don't know if its good or not its not in QA at Bioware.
I don't know how much has been cut they are still focusing on each individual module segment. So presumably none since they are still finishing the main campaign.?
Its HZD tier of story, or something similar to Destiny while playing.

>>380217238
what you saw for the trailer was edited segments of gameplay based straight from one of the few finished segment modules. believe me or don't, idgaf, but if you think at any point in time you are going to be flying through a corridor on jets into a lake then sweeping back up you need to check back into reality.
>>
>>380217185
think MEA.
>>
>>380218135
I expect a downgrade, I don't expect there not to be something like
>be flying through a corridor on jets into a lake then sweeping back up
You keep saying Corridors, but it doesn't look that way
>>
>>380217284
Who gives a shit. It's still Bioware working on it.
>>
>>380209572
This makes me so sad and mad. Andromeda could've been great if it weren't for Anthem. They should've left Anthem to Montreal instead of their flagship franchise
>>
>>380218067
MP is aimed to be 4 to 6 per team. Anthem is aimed to have a Halo-esque MP.

No, its not the traditional Bioware formula.
>>
>>380218984
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because they risked Mass Effect for this. Anything less than perfection will deal a huge blow the teams. People will now be really hesitant to try a new Mass Effect game after the injustice they did to Andromeda
>>
>>380219245
>No, its not the traditional Bioware formula.
This is why I'm on the fence. No one does games like Bioware and if they ditch that for a generic co-op open world shooter, what's the point?
>>
>>380202258
Already canceled my Destiny 2 pre-order.

Just kidding. Wasn't going to give Bungie another cent anyway.
>>
File: 1458536416244.png (54KB, 454x439px) Image search: [Google]
1458536416244.png
54KB, 454x439px
>Fall 2018
>>
looks kind of promising, too bad it's Bioware.

Will never even touch it.
>>
>>380202258
I hope that it'll get right everything that went wrong with Destiny.

But I'm worried it'll get wrong the only thing Destiny got right (the gameplay).
>>
>>380219359
Fuck off shill
>>
>>380218984
after the jump off the platform, just after the other javelin drop lands ( done by jumping off a set platform and using an ability) the javelin the camera follows arcs left and goes through a tunnel corridor. Same as for when they run up to that cliff edge and the jump off into the cliffed valley (a corridor). Its a scripted event. The only real gameplay occurs after the emerging from the lake, at the same time the other javelin comes in using the same ability that you see at the start of the sequence.
Same with the jump jet sequence after the little combat excursion and towards the end of the trailer when they are running towards the electricity ball at the end of the video and then jump into the air and fly off, its another scripted event in the trailer.
>>
File: 1391891824025.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1391891824025.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>380202258
This is bringing back the heartache of realising Destiny was going to be shit during the beta then confirming it when the full game released. I cant get hype for anything ever since.

Destiny ruined me.
>>
>>380219104
It could have been great, but it also could have still sucked. I'm ready for new IPs rather than making ANOTHER game we've all already played
>>
>>380221159
I don't believe you anymore. It may have corridors, but your saying that its all one continuous corridor. That would be a bigger risk than anything and if they want the game to sell, that's not how you'd do it.
>>
>>380221346
When I played the Destiny Beta, I was under the impression Russia was one of four playable areas on Earth...
>>
>>380221558
no, im saying that sections of it are scripted. if you want you can replace the word corridor with anything you like. I call tunnels that have a specific entrance and exit point a corridor. Just as I call a river valley that is surrounded by cliffs, or a path surrounded by rock face a corridor.
>>
>>380222062
So how many areas will be in the game? Its has to be big I imagine
>>
>>380221678
Yep, I remember that too, mate. What a fucking disappointment it all was. I still remember the "you can go over there" from the initial gameplay video, and he looks off into the distance towards forests and mountains when it turned out to be one of the single most linear games i'd seen since the 8 bit era. That fucking multiplayer rubber banding netcode though. Damn.
>>
File: 10.jpg (78KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
78KB, 640x448px
>>380221558
>>380222062
Seems more like its branching given how you enter the area when you're not spawning on team mates. There'll be a couple of starting points and then it'll keep forking which will be refreshing after Destiny and all of its fucking donuts.
>>
>>380222535
I'd be okay with that
>>
>>380222238
The aim is 15 primary areas with another available 10 secondary areas. If areas means individual maps.

If its sections of a single map, I don't know.
>>
>>380222738
Are they long?
Are they meant to be played over and over?
Give story details
>>
>>380202258
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyeeoDFrdT8
Didn't know Bioware/EA supported Trump now
>>
>>380202258
everything outside of the iron man suit is going to suck
>>
>>380222738
>Are they long?
Some maps are large yes.
>Are they meant to be played over and over?
Its an open world FPS. Where do you think you will be spending your time?
>Give story details
Think HZD meets Taken King. Sort of the normal save the world from the corrupting force. The story isn't going to be a magnum opus of any sort, and it isn't going to set any new precedent. It will do what it needs to do and nothing more.
>>
>>380202258
It looks nice, but I don't think Bioware will deliver.
It's been 6 years since DA2 and they still haven't made a decent game to redeem themselves.
>>
>>380223613

none of what you say makes any sense. the fall down the hub doesn't look scripted at all, nor does the drop from the cliff into the water. it does look like the human player is in control of the character during the entire seqsuence. so unless im looking at it wrong, you're definitely bullshitting
>>
>>380223613
Get more specific. Easiest way to call you out on your BS
>>
>>380214763
>>
>>380202258
"BioWare" just like Mass Effect Andromeda.
TRASH.
>>
>>380224287
also, if character customization will be in and what suit customization will be in
>>
>>380224483
>>
>>380202258
Its The Division: In Space.
NEXT
>>
>>380224645
>>
>>380224804
>>
>>380224976
>>
>>380212209
These are the people who just idle in cities and complain about the game having no content while they wait for their dungeon queues to pop.
>>
>>380225175
>>
>>380225484
>>
>>380223940
the constant bobbing was put in to make it look player controlled. thats why the initial jump is done facing around 120 degrees from the tunnel passageway/corridor/whatever you want to call it, and has a steep drop.

Amazingly, game play trailer using pre-alpha footage isn't honest.
>>
>>380224483
I'm a shitter for powerarmor and exosuits. My hope is that i can go full WarMachine by endgame.
>>
>>380225668
>>
>>380225809
ok done
>>
I just like the rare drop model on the ground, shit reminds me of pso

Will be keeping an eye out, could be a nice grindy game
>>
>>380225725

Mkay, why can the exosuit fly up from the water area for a bit before transitioning into combat? That doesn't look scripted at all
>>
>>380224119
the wall exists to protect from the encroaching danger of corrupted wildlife from a past civilization (like augmented life like from Dead Space where the host needs to be dead), that is slowly coming back to life due to "human" interference. (HZD idea of past technology coming back to eat and kill all humans because processes have gone awry.)
The result of this leads to an eventual conflict with a not quite robot not quite humanoid species that views the "humans" as a threat. Save world scenario ensues. You need the javelins because its the only way to be able to fight back against the unknown robot force trying to kill you.
Its literally Destiny tier of story telling.
>>
I refuse to believe anything posted by someone here saying they are an employee or have any insider knowledge.

The iron-man flying being nothing more than scripted transitions from one linear corridor to the next is damning information that would be leaked to more sources than just shitposters on /v/.

This is about as "believable" as all that Starfield nonsense people were LARPING at prior to Bethesda's conference.

I'm willing to believe that the flight doesn't work in combat, that it's more like a destiny Sparrow with verticality or a Wow flying mount restricted in some areas, I am not willing to take on faith that it's not even player controlled and is essentially a prettier version of waiting in an elevator in Mass Effect.

Andromeda is a shitty game but even that had the jumpjets
>>
>>380226109
why does the camera bounce in some games when you run? because someone set it up so it occurs.

You aren't going to be playing Iron Man flying around. Why do you think the only jumps in the trailer are normal video game jumps and everything else seems overdone and special.
>>
File: 1ea250_3509882.jpg (142KB, 1112x720px) Image search: [Google]
1ea250_3509882.jpg
142KB, 1112x720px
>>380219517
Literally nothing that made Bioware stand-out in the past is currently part of the current Bioware (also the name has been re-branded onto several unrelated studios). At this point nu-Bioware desperately needs a new direction, or meet the fate of all EA acquisitions. I have a feeling alot of staff from TOR have moved to work on Anthem which would explain the quasi-MMO aspects.
>>
>>380202258
It will be at best average and at worst total shit.
Bioware is an empty shell, no reason to be hyped about what they produce.
>>
>>380227264
>I refuse to believe anything posted by someone here saying they are an employee or have any insider knowledge.
No one has said they were either an employee or had insider knowledge.
>>
>>380202258
>koreans
>having more free time than you
Koreans are literally one of the busiest people in the world. Westerners are just casual in general.
>>
>>380228273
There's literally a dude in this very thread claiming that the flight segments are scripted transitions.
>>
>>380228612
and someone in this thread thinks they are actually going to be able to fly in a game.

do you really think Bioware is going to manage something that other better more experienced developers haven't? are you that desperate for Bioware cock?
>>
>>380209795
Andromeda was entirely like that, Watch Dogs syndrome, go fuck yourself then kill yourself.
>>
>>380214763
That's 48 days of buffer to get away with console sales before the reality sinks in of how unoptimized their shit is, just like every release they've done.
>>
>>380227672
That image is missing Visceral Games
>>
>>380202258

its warframe 2 or destiny 3, made by bioware

what's not to hate?
>>
File: 1418782510296.jpg (55KB, 910x667px) Image search: [Google]
1418782510296.jpg
55KB, 910x667px
>>380202258
I have absolutely zero faith left in Bioware.
If by some miracle this turns out to be good then I will be pleasantly surprised.
>>
>Bioware
Absolutely zero faith.

We all know E3 is just liar central. Especially so when it comes to Bioware. It's a shame too, because while the theme is interesting (Ironman type Suits exploring Alien Planet). It's likely just Warframe and or Destiny, mixed with The Division. It's most likely going to be absolute trash, filled with Bioware's forced diversity.
>>
>>380228463
That's not how you spell Japanese and their literal slavery
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.