[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pros SRPG like XCOM or Fire Emblem Devs clearly put a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: rabbids-1497298690333_270h.jpg (25KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
rabbids-1497298690333_270h.jpg
25KB, 480x270px
>Pros
SRPG like XCOM or Fire Emblem
Devs clearly put a lot of passion into this
Grant Kirkhope soundtrack
Looks nice graphically

>Cons
literally minions

I discussed this with a friend earlier and, with all things considered, I think the pros outweigh the cons. Am I missing anything? What do you guys think?
>>
how would you know if they've put a lot of passion into it?

Do you work at Ubi?
>>
My only worry is it'll be way too easy and have little tactical depth.

I think there are platforming sections alongside the battle sections and I feel like the game will be more focused on them. I wouldn't rush to call it a pure SRPG.
>>
>>380153692

It would literally be a 10/10 game without the minions. I weep not because of what it is, but because of what it could have been.
>>
xcom for kids, nice
>>
>literally Minions

You guys know that Rabbids came first, right?
>>
>>380153692

Rabbids always annoyed me, so I have no chance of buying this game.
>>
>>380153692
I'm interested in Mario XCOM. Shame about the Rabbids, hopefully they aren't overly obnoxious.
>>
File: 1492702877016.png (207KB, 394x439px) Image search: [Google]
1492702877016.png
207KB, 394x439px
>>380153902
> worked on over three years
>lead designer literally crying on stream

naww its a cashgrab
>>
>>380153902

they said it in the conference, weren't you listening?
>>
>>380153692
>SRPG like XCOM or Fire Emblem
Yeah keep hoping that. It's Pokemon Conquest all over again, fit for 5 year old children.
>>
>DUDE XCOM WITH A SHIT STORY AND SITCOM HUMOUR LMAO
>>
I agree that the pros outweigh the cons but it's more like:

>Pros
SRPG like XCOM or Fire Emblem
Miyamoto would kill them if they made Nintendo look bad so they had to try
Exemplary graphics (for a Mario game)
Looks fun

>Cons
Rabbids are in the game
It might get repetitive or filled with too much complicated and stupid bs judging from the trailers
>>
>>380153931
>I think there are platforming sections alongside the battle sections and I feel like the game will be more focused on them. I wouldn't rush to call it a pure SRPG.

Where's your proof? Or did you pull this information directly out of your ass
>>
>>380153692
I don't buy trash.
>>
>>380154168
Those are fake tears, nobody this big in gaming has a heart anymore.
>>
>>380154363
My proof is watching the fucking Ubi conference you complete sperg.
>>
>convince media/gamers
>>
>>380154818
How dare they market their game
>>
>>380153692
I wouldn't buy this game if it were mario + mlp, so why would I buy mario + minion? are you that desperate for a mario xcom clone that minions with rabbit ears are acceptable to you?
>>
>>380154809
Did you have a brain aneurysm or just start imagining shit halfway through?

Walking around the environment = platforming now
>>
File: 1497192490118.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1497192490118.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>380153692
>A few years ago
>"Rayman Raving Rabbids? Who cares about Rayman anymore? And those Rabbids are so annoying. This game is pathetic."
>Today
>"Mario and Rabbids? Holy shit this is so fun and hilarious. I love those little bastards. This it's the perfect game for a perfect console."

Nintendofags have no shame whatsoever.
>>
>>380155095
>are you that desperate for a mario xcom clone
yes
>>
>>380155095
Not sure about you, but MarioXCOM as an idea seems very interesting. I'm okay with it, IF they do it right. So far, it has potential.
>>
>>380153902
Maybe less "passion" and more pressure to try and make this game decent
>>
>>380155336
Literally nobody else that plans to buy this is looking forward to the Rabbids in the game. They're hopefully just something we have to occasionally put up with and enjoy the rest of the game. If the Rabbids end up being the best characters and get too annoying then I totally fucking agree with you.
>>
>>380153692
>SRPG like XCOM or Fire Emblem
Those are Tactical RPGs.
>>
>>380156348
They can also be called SRPGs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactical_role-playing_game
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.