[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Disgaea game? I started with this one and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (40KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
40KB, 460x215px
What's the best Disgaea game?
I started with this one and I'm on the third chapter
>>
>>380129032
In story:
1 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 3
In gameplay:
5 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 2 > literal dogshit > infinite
>>
>>380129687

Where is D2 on this?
>>
>>380129687
Two is that bad with gameplay?
So far in 1 a lot of the mechanics seem weird
Especially how aiming skills doesn't change with map orientation
>>
Disgaea 1 is my favorite. 10/10 game
>>
>>380129884
Forgot it existed. Never played it but I'm thinking under 5 for story and somewhere between 4 or 3 for gameplay.

>>380130268
In fairness 2's popular, but I don't really like it. Its changes to mechanics were mostly shit, like the Dark Court.
>>
>>380130569
Cool anon
Should I be worried about my lineup at all? I didn't realize there were special classes to unlock until someone told me
I feel like I'm wanting to train too many people at once
>>
>>380129032
that game has the best story but once you play any other disgaya you are going to be like holy shit what the fuck are these gameplay mechanics for the first one. Every game improves the gameplay like tenfold.

This is the only chance you have to enjoy playing the first game because it will be unplayable regardless of having the best story once you touch a sequel.
>>
>>380131437
Do whatever you want for your first playthrough, it's really hard to fuck up. There are hidden humanoid classes to unlock but I wouldn't really stress about them too much. If you want to unlock them, you can google a guide, all of them have requirements like "Have a certain class at this level". All of them are really good.
>>
>>380129032
Do yourself a favor and don't bother. Disgaea is a shit series, emulate Soul Nomad instead.
>>
>>380132103
I'm glad I started with the first then
I learned my lesson from Rune Factory
>>
>>380129032
Personal favorite is 4. I thought it had some of the better characters and mechanics.
>>
Currently playing 5 on switch after only playing 1 & 2 on psp, I feel overhelmed by the amount of shit you can do now
>>
>>380134329
Is there that much content added? I was going to get 5 on my PS4 but instead got 1 on my PC first
>>
The developers do a good job at improving the game with each iteration. If they ever got to a Disgaea 10 at this rate it would probably be an amazing game.
>>
>>380134478
So much has changed, anon. So much.
>>
>>380134843
>>380134482
Nice, that's really good news instead of them all being very similar
Guess my backlog just got a lot bigger
>>
>>380134482
I'm honestly hopeful we'll get 6 announced soon. Timing's about right.
>>
>>380135156
Whatever you do, don't try and play them all back to back.
>>
For 5 if you're getting subclasses for a support class or character like Christo or Professor do you need all of them like for your nukers?
>>
>>380136163
If you really want the stats, I guess?
>>
MID BOSS IS ACTUALLY YOUR FATHER
>>
>>380136816
Yeah that's the thing, do the stat buff skills scale off the caster's stats?
>>
>>380136163
if you want to platinum/max stats you do
>>
>>380137071
I don't think so.
>>
>>380137071
Stat buffs are just percentage based.
>>
OP here
little confusion about the item world
Do resident have to be activated to work on an item? Or does activating them just let you move them?
Is it worth just stocking up a bunch of statistician residents?
>>
>>380131437
What's your current team?
>>
>>380139629
If by activating you mean Subduing then it's wirht it, subduing an innocent doubles it's affects and makes it so that you can move them from item to item.
And you have the right idea going for Statisticians, get as many of them as you can and combine them together ASAP, just know their affect caps at 300, so you can stop there.
>>
>>380139629
The innocents (aka residents) are always active.
When you beat them in Item World, you double there lvl and you can move them between items.
For statsticians, the max level before you waste them is 300. Each lvl get you 1% more exp. Dunno if ou can stack a bunch of lvl300 statisticians tho, can someone comfirm ?
>>
Will they ever port the other disgaea games to PC or they stopped at 2?
>>
>>380139765
Spear Etna, sword Laharl, Flonne with the basic spells from the level 1 mages, a brawler, and then a blue haired girl I started with, and then an archer
I am considering leveling the mages to get a star mage in my group also considering a warrior
>>
I loved 1 and 2, 3 feels like a chore so I backlogged it. I heard 3 is the weakest one in the series.
>>
>>380140123
>>380140236
Cool good to know

One last thing about the item world
Is there any way to know how difficult it's going to be? I think I saw the NPC say that I should start off with basic items instead of a high level item
I've just been using really shitty items because I have no idea how hard item world scales
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.