[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I still wasn't around here when this game came out, did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Ni_no_Kuni_artwork.jpg (62KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
Ni_no_Kuni_artwork.jpg
62KB, 300x424px
I still wasn't around here when this game came out, did you guys like it? Are you happy that another one is coming?
>>
I enjoyed it. Was like Dragon Quest mixed with Pokemon with a coat of Miyazaki paint.
Second one seems a bit iffy, will have to see some more gameplay footage of it.
>>
>>380090464

Pretty cool. The battle system was mediocre at best. My familiars were fucked up and I had no real way of tuning them. I wish they had done more with Motorville. A beautiful yet flawed game.
>>
I thought it being a one off was perfect.
It had the feeling like it was a one go adventure, with the exposition fairy following you around. It felt like they wouldn't have time to let the world be explained through gameplay and let there be a full game.

A sequel kinda feels like it'd be forced.
>>
>>380091230
This. There's lots to like, but also lots to dislike about the first one.

The ending was horribly rushed but by that time the devs were way behind schedule anyway. Combat is basically run around in circles waiting for meters to fill let alone the extremely verbose and unvaried sidequests.

That being said game was good looking, music was alright, the character designs were pretty fresh and the monsters had a good shade of personality to them. The world was also pretty large and had a few nice moments of exploration.
>>
It's dumpster trash, pointless grind wrapped in a shitty story.
>>
It was beautiful but had absolute shit pacing.
>>
Gameplay was basic as fuck, but having a JRPG with some character and heart, as well great visuals and music, was magical after FFXIII had shat up the scene with its soulless drudgery.
>>
>>380090464
It looked great and the music was good but repetitive. I hated everything else about it. The combat was dreadful, the characters were unlikeable, the game was stuffed with filler bilullshit, and the difficulty was way too low. I got to the pig city before I dropped it. I couldn't stomach it anymore. I'm still cautiously optimistic about the sequel because if they can get better characters and gameplay they may have something special.
>>
>>380092185
FFXIII, as shit as it was, was still better than Ni No Kuni.
>>
Cool idea, but there's really no point in using the familiars. Your main characters are much more powerful.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.