[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it If he said stop sharing his games, why'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: The Beginner's Guide.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The Beginner's Guide.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
I don't get it

If he said stop sharing his games, why'd this nigga release this game?
>>
Pretentious shit
>>
>>380072245

Yeah, yeah, but what was the character's logic?

How could he expect to earn redemption through conducting the same sin that made him need redemption in the first place?
>>
>>380073192
Humanity can't help but do the same thing over and over again. That's why Coda was special, he could purposefully make different and unique things
>>
You know the narrator is actually a lying asshole who doesn't actually care about Coda and only says bad things about him/her
>>
>>380075973

Then why include the last 15 minutes of the game then?
>>
>>380071892
Because the story isn't real, dipshit.
>>
>>380077043
Bullshit
>>
>>380077043
Of course it is, but a fictional story still needs an internal logic
>>
>>380071892
Because the narrator is a complete autistic faggot who can't see his own flaws, own up to his own mistakes, and figure out what he did wrong, even when they're staring him in the face.

Even when they're right there on the wall for him to read.
>>
>>380077250
Well, try to look at it this way:
the narrator and Coda are the same person.
>>
File: I hope my eyes deceive me.jpg (44KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
I hope my eyes deceive me.jpg
44KB, 540x300px
>>380077925

How does one part of a person just up and leave?
>>
>>380078156
Are you for real? Are you still the same person you used to be at age 12? 16?
Not even that, but some sort of external or internal conflict can change people.
Coda is simply the "creative" side of the creator. Literally the "Coder". The narrator revisits his old work, and ends up pushing himself to create new stuff until he completely shuts down.

It's dead simple.
Do yourself a favor and find the blog entries of the developer, especially after he won some kind of award for Stanley Parable. I wouldn't call him fucked up, but very conflicted about his work.
>>
File: just a dog.png (149KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
just a dog.png
149KB, 600x450px
>>380078156
Maybe it's some sort of allegory for extremely severe artist's block. Idk.
>>
The dev is coda.
>>
>>380079320
here the blog entry
http://www.galactic-cafe.com/2014/02/game-of-the-year/
>>
>>380071892
A little unrelated, but I like the little touches.

For instance, about the third or fourth game in, the one with the stairs that slow you down and the room with all the game ideas, that Davey praises for being super insightful as to how Coda works? The game's actual title is "Nonsense in every direction", showing how Coda actually feels about those ideas.

And the whole cleaning-up-after-yourself game, that Davey cuts off and says it's part of the message- you need to move on- but part of the big twist at the end is revealing that that game actually was supposed to just be infinite? If you're paying attention, Davey cuts off the game mid-dialogue, showing right then and there that it's not actually supposed to end there.
>>
>>380071892
What is this?
>>
>>380080951
An indie game made by one of the creators of the Stanley Parable, whose overarching metaplot is that it's actually a collection of games from the creator's friend who suddenly stopped making games, and said creator is going to walk you through HIS work.

I'm not going to spoil more, you've already seen too much by seeing this thread, go play it.
>>
>>380080951
A pretentious walking sim. It's pretty interesting though.
>>
>>380080951

The first ever Interactive Documentary
>>
>>380080485

Damn, he likes to hold onto shit long after it passes, huh?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.