[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think it's great that Bethesda are providing a platform

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: Bethesda-Creation-Club-Pic[1].png (53KB, 698x289px) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda-Creation-Club-Pic[1].png
53KB, 698x289px
I think it's great that Bethesda are providing a platform that gives modders the opportunity to sell their mods for money. Valve have essentially been doing that for years with the cosmetics system in place in their biggest multiplayer games dota, tf2 and csgo. Valve's initial implementation of paid mods was certainly a blunder, the lack of curation and quality control certainly left holes in the system which were easily abused. I know Bethesda isn't exactly known for having good quality control with their products but if they are true to their word that "All the content is approved, curated, and taken through the full internal dev cycle; including localization, polishing, and testing." then I believe that their creation club has the potential for great success.

I've seen people claim that once money comes into the equation then passion and creativity go out the window and people will stop making mods for free. I don't believe this is true at all. Valve has demonstrated that the quality and volume of cosmetics have gone up over time and people are still more than happy to create free custom maps and games using the free map editing tools. I've seen people claim that a paid mod system cripples modders who want to collaborate or build from the work of other modders. I don't believe this is true either. If a modder wants to use another modder's work, they will no doubt only have to get permission from Bethesda, not the initial modder. If anything this could be more beneficial to the pioneer modder because even if someone else makes something better using their code, in all likelihood people will have to buy the original mod in order to get the improved mod. Or even better, Bethesda themselves could combine or update an existing mod into an improved version made by someone else.

1/2
>>
File: 1492484633969.jpg (37KB, 256x235px) Image search: [Google]
1492484633969.jpg
37KB, 256x235px
>>380039473
I think there are people out there that love modding games, and if those people can earn a living from doing that then that's all the better. Amateur modders can stay amateur and release mods for free, talented modders can quit their shitty dayjob and make mods full time. Valve has proven that talented people can make a living creating tertiary content to existing games. Pessimists see this as the death of modding, I only see growth. And you'll still get to keep your loli rape mods and child killing mods, people will make those for free regardless of what happens.

To summarise: rather than throwing a tantrum and trying to kill this platform before it's seen the light of day I think it would be best to take a moderate approach and see what happens. There's a great chance that creation club will suck shit and see no great mods. There's also a chance it could be great and I think that's a possibility worth exploring.

If you've actually read this far, thank you. I urge you to fight your kneejerk reaction to call me a shill or a cuck or whatever. I'd really like to hear some actual, well reasoned out arguments that could convince me otherwise. And if you can convince me I'll be protesting right there with you, emailing Bethesda and spreading the word.

2/2
>>
>>380039473
>>380039541
I read it all and you're still a cuck shill.
>>
>>380039827
Are you going to provide any concrete arguments or just call names?
>>
>>380041523
I'm just going to call you names. You fail to acknowledge why nobody wants to give Bethesda a cut of something that Bethesda had nothing to do with creating.
>>
>>380041675
>something that Bethesda had nothing to do with creating.
Except for, you know, the game that the mods are for.
>>
File: 1300372663207.jpg (14KB, 385x261px) Image search: [Google]
1300372663207.jpg
14KB, 385x261px
>>380041898
Which they already got paid for.
>>
You're expecting rationality in the den of autistic screeching, but yeah you're right. If, and only if, they are true to their word and stop Juden from taking their current content off the Nexus to monetize it, as well as doing QA on the good, expansive mods, then I won't have a problem with it. Ultimately this is going to depend on the major players in the mod scene though. If the SKSE guys decide to throw another tantrum because of this, it will fail regardless.
>>
>>380042032
That's a fair point. Bethesda gets paid by selling a game and you don't think they should get a cut of sales a mod could make. You'd be right if we were talking about the system Valve introduced that lacked any quality control or testing. But we're talking about a system whereby Bethesda is providing a service, both to modders and to the players. Have you ever used steam? How about gog? The apple store? Have you ever played a game published by a company that was not the developer? It's pretty normal business practice for a shop front to take a cut of profits from items being sold in that shop.

If you're ok with Steam and GOG but not this, you're kind of a hypocrite.
>>
>>380042819
Apples and oranges, my dude. Fuck off with your shitty thread that's identical to the dozens of others.
>>
>>380042994
>Apples and oranges, my dude.
Please explain why. I'm genuinely curious. Please prove me wrong.
>>
>>380043132
I already told you to fuck off. Go to a different thread where more people are discussing this. Your thread is worthless. This argument is old.
>>
>>380039473
At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and make them better.
>>
File: name calling.jpg (110KB, 1155x674px) Image search: [Google]
name calling.jpg
110KB, 1155x674px
>>380043276
An argument should not be about one side versus another. An argument should be about two parties coming together to uncover the truth. Please tell me why I'm wrong. I'm only interested in finding the truth, not 'winning' some internet fight. We can't uncover the truth if you refuse to take part.
>>
>>380043638
Go to another thread, shit posting fuck.
>>
I haven't read too much about it, so how does this benefit the average person downloading mods? Does it make it easier to install/play or will the quality just be higher since the mod makers will be compensated? I feel a huge draw of modding is the fact that it is free to try out and screw around with.
>>
>>380039473
At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and make them better.

They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs and the mod authors and a bunch of other procedures and guidelines.

I can't wait for the exciting new mods that will come out from this system. Its gonna bring polish and better integration for mods as a whole

I am really excited.
>>
File: unnamed.png (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
10KB, 300x300px
At first, I was a bit skeptical, but then I got a bunch of money! Now, as a skeptic, I can only endorse this.
>>
>>380039473
>>380044343
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0D7Az2LWq1m
>>
>>380044607
Yeah yeah we get it already, le epic luls xD stop shilling your vocaroo anytime.
>>
>>380043721
If you're worried about your fingers and don't want to type anything, just link me to something that proves me wrong. Is that too much to ask? I'm not your enemy, I just want to discover the truth.

>>380044193
>Does it make it easier to install/play
Presumably. The system is for consoles too so it has to be easy enough for the average consoletard to figure out. I know most /v/ posters are savvy enough to figure out mods. I've done enough modding myself to know that it can be anywhere from a one button click to install and hours of tinkering and fiddling with compatibility, load order and other dependencies. Smart guys like you and I probably won't have much use for it, but I think it's a nice way to get modders paid, get quality mods in the hands of more people and to smooth out the modding process for anyone with only a cursory interest in modding at all.
>>
>>380039473

You now have to pay for the air you breathe. Don't worry, we'll give trees their fair share of the money!
>>
>>380044776
>I just want to discover the truth.
Then go to another thread. Oh you won't, because you just want to shitpost. You're not interested in being educated. You just want to shitpost.
>>
>>380044876
>Then go to another thread
WHICH THREAD CUNT

FUCK
WHICH THREAD
>>
>>380044525
are you implying we are giving money to people to sway public opinion ? I would be wary to make such statements, you arent as anonymous as you might think so I suggest you stop this hatespeech right now.

it would probably best for you to delete your comment as well but that is just a friendly suggestion.
>>
Pizza
>>
>>380044968
How about you use your fucking eyes.
>>
>>380045017
Thank you for keeping my thread bumped.
>>
>>380044706
>shilling
>cuckaroo

how far detached from reality are you at this point?
>>
File: 1435572042079.gif (2MB, 1920x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1435572042079.gif
2MB, 1920x1070px
>>380044525
leik iagree hehehe
just imagine talking candidly
to other sceptics™
but im just a balding adhd boxxy wannabe
so don't take me srsly silly bois ;)
>>
>>380042517
Thank you for at least posting like a human and not like some sort of spam bot. I appreciate that there's at least one other sane person on /v/.
>>
File: 1496195023064.jpg (1MB, 1215x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1496195023064.jpg
1MB, 1215x1920px
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.