[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this board so bad? It's literally just console/pc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3041.jpg (181KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3041.jpg
181KB, 640x600px
Why is this board so bad? It's literally just console/pc wars and the occasional leak thread.
>>
>>380035060
I don't like consoles and how they've shaped the market, and I don't like modern AAA PC titles. That being said, for me /v/ appears to be exceptionally console-centric and riding on hype and flavour-of-the-month/year. Nevertheless, I..

- encourage others to play some old PC classics and less known indie titles, from Albion and Krondor to Monkey Island and Ultima 7, from XCom: Apocalypse and Pharaoh to Aurora 4X and Underrail, from Age of Decadence and Expeditions: Conquistador to Blackguards and Heroine's Quest.

- give my stance on some overlooked console titles, be it new and old, like Saga Frontier and Final Fantasy: Type-0

- do the same on other forums and boards, since you can't escape the fact that people here also post on reddit and such.

But saying "bad" as you do, OP, is not really constructive. This is the problem of any meta-threads. There is one stage where you don't notice anything, the next one is when you feel "enlightened" and try to share your "knowledge" with the board, but you really have to step up and actually contribute to the change. I know that at best 2.5 anons will even google Aurora4X or Ultima Underworld, let alone download, but so what? They are niche, and shit tastes can be changed with friendship and therapy.
>>
>>380036138
shut the fuck up u pcfaggot
>>
It's fucking e3 time what do you expect
>>
>>380035060
Because /v/ hates games.
They don't play games to enjoy them, only to use them as tools for falseflagging and to trigger platform loyalists and fanboys.

This is what 'the video game community' is now.
>>
>>380035060
No one here actually plays video games
>>
Reddit brought in the (you) farmers. Now we only post bait, text macros like "what did he mean by this", and stupid fucking frogs.
>>
>>380035060
>Why is this board so bad?

Because its filled with insecure faggots trying to rationalize the purchase of a $300 fisher price toy and they do it by going through the mental gymanstics that their purchase was fine since the other choices were worse.
>>
>>380035060
>It's literally just /pol/ shitposting and the occasional console/pc wars
Fixed.
>>
>>380035060
/pol/
>>
>>380035060
Oh fuck off newfag. We dont need you dumb cunts every day coming in and asking this
>>
Look at all the replies op. Just weak bait to farm (you)s like i said
>>
>early /v/
> people coming together to talk about video games on an anonymous board
>people realize,since it's anonymous, they can share more controversial opinions without backlash
>negative opinions are shared, but positive discussion is also had pretty regularly
>relatively small number of users
>it was a more innocent time.

>late 2000s - early 2010s /v/
>since /v/ is generally more negative on the whole than most other online forums, it gains a reputation for "hating video games", which isn't true
>but it doesn't stop people from coming to check the site out from places like Reddit and Neogaf
>as the modern gaming landscape continues to shift, /v/ finds more to complain about

>post-gamergate /v/
>the /pol/ invasion destroys any hope left of regular rational discussion of most topics
>reddit and gaf kids who wanted to be edgy and cool have spent the last seven years dragging post quality slowly down the toilet
>the current state of the gaming industry has pushed a lot of diehards into retro or niche games
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.