[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"I am a superior western game. I think video games should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 000152d0_medium.jpg (76KB, 639x426px) Image search: [Google]
000152d0_medium.jpg
76KB, 639x426px
"I am a superior western game. I think video games should tell stories about human relationship''
>>
video games should tell the stories about the relationship of my bullets with the faces of my enemies
>>
>>380033383
>>video games should tell stories
Literally the downfall of video game civilization. That's like saying chess should tell an epic story.
>>
>>380033558
ugh
>>
>>380033783
>video games should tell stories
>Literally the downfall of video game civilization
Nah. The problem comes when the dev doesn't understand what KIND of story is appropriate for the game. Done right, all types of games can benefit from good fluff. Things like RPG's are the "obvious" answer, since the narrative is a big part of the draw, but to

>>380033558
>video games should tell the stories about the relationship of my bullets with the faces of my enemies
I'd point out something like CoD4. Great shooter on its own merits, but one that was enhanced by having a really well written story for its campaign mode. By contrast, its sequel Modern Warfare 2 had a dogshit quick cash-in script, and despite doing just about everything right with the gameplay is now a kinda forgettable entry in the series.
>>
>>380033558
can you, like, not?
>>
>>380033383
Who are you quoting?
>>380033783
Video games can do multiple things. Stories are great for contextualizing gameplay. If you were just a rectangular box jumping around in an environment of polygons with no textures, it wouldn't be very fun. Turn that rectangular box into a human being and it's more relatable. Paint the environment so it looks like a jungle. Now you're an explorer on an adventure. With this setting in mind, you can maybe add a grappling hook and a compass for more exploration that expands on this context. Stories provide explanation for and a way to make new gameplay mechanics.
>>
Look at it this way:
Gameplay makes up the game's score, and story/fluff makes up the multiplier of said score.
Great gameplay with a mediocre story can still get high points, but a crap game with the grandest story will multiply the gameplay score of zero to zero. And gameplay in new games has been mostly scoring zeroes or otherwise abysmal numbers, which no story multiplier can redeem.
This has led to more and more frustrated people crying for better gameplay, even at the cost of all story, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, FORGET THE STORY FOR A BIT ,CREATE SOME UNIQUE GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCES.
>>
''I'm a Japanese game. I'm full of fanservice and pander to weeb virgins.''
>>
>>380039185
someone is triggererd
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.