[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From what I understand, it'll work like this. >Xbox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

From what I understand, it'll work like this.

>Xbox Live multiplayer will not work, because those games were made for server-based online and those servers simply don't exist anymore
>However, Xbox consoles will be able to System-link to play online over the internet, exactly like the currently-available methods
>That means you'd be able to play online multiplayer of games that didn't even have Xbox Live compatibility
>All Xbox Live games had system link, but not all System Link games had Xbox Live(I think), so it's actually a big thing
>Popping-in OG Xbox games into an XB1 will suffice to play the games
>If you own the game digitally, you may download it for free and play it on a XB1
>The Xbox will not read the OG Xbox disc, it will ascertain that the game is in the tray and download a compatible version of the game into the hard disc
>The game will only run if the disc is in the tray, for obvious reasons
>All XB1 consoles can play OG Xbox games, not just the XBX
>Not all titles will be available at first, but considering that the most popular games on the OG Xbox are well known by everyone, it's pretty safe to say those will all get converted

Things that are left unexplained:

>How will people chat, if the OG Xbox games did not have text and you cannot use the voice and mic sets while playing System Link(to my knowledge)
>They said games will be playable across all three generations. Is this implying that they'll enable gameplay on the actual OG Xbox console?
>Will they put OG Xbox games on the store? There are all sorts of licensing issues with that

ITT: Speculate all the technical aspects of OG Retrocomp.

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.