[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>if you don't like it don't buy it >muh slippery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: Oblivion%E2%80%94Horse_Armor.jpg (58KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion%E2%80%94Horse_Armor.jpg
58KB, 400x224px
>if you don't like it don't buy it
>muh slippery slope fallacy

What do you think is the bottom of the slope, /v/?
>>
>>380023150
Worst case scenario is that console games become like mobile games, with micro-transactions being mandatory for you to enjoy the video game at all.
>>
File: 1361735703877.jpg (19KB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
1361735703877.jpg
19KB, 400x311px
>>380023150
>people paid money for this
>>
>>380023150
I don't know but it sure feels like it's fast approaching.
>>
On the flip side, you can almost bet any paid mod will have a free alternative.

The store implied you could buy specific items, a single item should be easy as all hell to copy unless it's made by some savant modeler/animator.
>>
>>380023257
>PC just keeps winning
>>
At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and make them better.

They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs and the mod authors and a bunch of other procedures and guidelines.

I can't wait for the exciting new mods that will come out from this system. Its gonna bring polish and better integration for mods as a whole.

I am really excited.
>>
>Basic logic is a fallacy
>>
>>380023635
How many more times will this be posted?
>>
>>380023257
The seeds of this have been planted. Spending real money for in game currency springs to mind
>>
>>380023635
>Jewthesda
>quality control
The shills are already out in full force I see
>>
>>380023150
episodic games that get cancelled half way through
>>
>>380023150
people realizing the free market was a mistake, hopefully
>>
>>380023876
>that get cancelled half way through
that get cancelled because they're not profitable enough, and there wasn't a great initial investment of making a full game so it's probably a win-win for developers and publishers
>>
>>380023635
Anyone who unironically thinks this is a moron. Wanna make mods better and compensate creators? Here's an idea Bethesda, give them paid jobs. Ya know with a salary and benefits and such. You know, like a company does.

Every time they present this shit it's fucked up for the same reason: they hide behind supporting modders when if they really wanted to support them they would hire them. Not only does Bethesda not do that, they have been known to reject the job applications of high profile modders. And just like paid mods last time, I guarantee no modders were present when decisions about payment were decided. Because hey, why should people be present at the negotiating table? Then they might ask for fair compensation!
>>
>>380023805
>>
>>380023150
We warned you guys when Valve did it in Dota2 that it set a bad precedent. You didn't listen.
>>
>>380024694
Dota2 is pure cosmetic, who gives a shit.
Just like CS:GO, pure cosmetic, nobody cares.
>>
>>380024769
>bad precedent is followed
>nobody cares
That was the problem
>>
>>380024812
>it's Valve's fault that other companies have retarded DLC policies

???

If anything they set a good precedent with DLC that doesn't affect gameplay
>>
File: 1361737100398.jpg (50KB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
1361737100398.jpg
50KB, 400x311px
>>380024812
I dont see why people care about dlc and microtransactions as long as it is only cosmetic.
Let people spend their money, I dont care.
>>
>tfw you can't do anything about it except not buy bethesda games
>>
>>380024971
Yeah you're retarded.
>>
>>380024586
let's just throw salaries at thousands of people who may only make one or two decent mods in their entire careers, who only know how to mod skyrim and don't have any other credentials besides having enough free time to make something in the creation kit through trial and error, great idea
>>
>>380025079
>wah wah I dont like how people use their own money although it has no effect on my gameplay experience
>>
>>380024971
Because it's less game content. All work going into DLC is not going into base games.
>>
>>380025221
If you think that the game has not enough content for the price tag, just dont buy it or buy it when it gets cheaper.
>>
>>380025221
making money from DLC means they can hire more people to make games though, at least in theory
>>
>>380024964
Valve set the precedent of selling user created content for over-inflated prices, and they proved that it's incredibly profitable for the parent company.

Yes, it is their fault. And it's the fault of all the people who bought that shit.
>>
>>380025080
Nothing you said changes what I said. If they think modders deserve money for their work they should be given a job. Consumers should not be forced to subsidize their wage.

People (or a representative) should be present for negotiations or they are not fair. I'm nto sure how you can possibly think otherwise.

Personally I agree, they should hire people with experience in the industry over modders. That doesn't change either of the two points I made. Bethesda are scum and this policy is disgusting.
>>
>>380025312
I am. It's not working.
>>380025356
That's a good one, anon.
>>
Speak with your wallet. Only poorfags say otherwise.
>>
>>380024586
The modders will be getting paid, whether the mod does well or not. They get paid while it's being made, like a freelance worker.

IF they get a fair salary while freelancing, I don't see the issue. Would be a fair bit better than Valve suddenly out of nowhere gutting content creator's cut of their creations.
>>
>>380025460
>I am. It's not working.
But it is. They dont get your money.
Video game industry is like the movie industry, popular mainstream that has high return value gets always produced first.
Spend keep spending your money on companies/devs that treat their customer with respect and you will recieve good games. This will never change.
Look at the DLC offered by CD Projekt Red in comparison with bethesda.
>>
>>380025658
The problem is that the informed customers are not nearly a large enough share to move the industry anywhere.
>>
>>380024971
Because it doesn't stop there you idiot. Then it spreads into gameplay features being sold off as in app purchases because so many gullible people bought cosmetics. It's like you think all human behavior exists in some weird behavior specific vacuum.
>>
>>380025362
> If they think modders deserve money for their work they should be given a job

People with professional talent should be given a job. Script kiddies and amateurs are getting a generous deal, all things considered.

>Consumers should not be forced to subsidize their wage.
>Consumers
>Forced

No and no. They apply for Creation Club membership; they are Creators, and nobody forces them to do it.

>People (or a representative) should be present for negotiations or they are not fair. I'm nto sure how you can possibly think otherwise.

What negotiations? Take it or leave it. I would take a percentage and very little commitment over nothing.

>Bethesda are scum and this policy is disgusting.

Civilization is shit and we're all going to hell when we die
>>
>>380025551
When the fuck has this "Speaking with your wallet" meme ever worked?
>>
>>380026042
Microtransactions for gameplay altering stuff is so incredibly old, look at all the "korean mmos".
Hell this shit is older than cosmetic dlc.
>>
>>380026280
Last thing I checked the market doesn't care about 'professional talent' it cares about products, if a so called 'script kiddie' is good enough to make a mod people are willing to pay for then he's good enough to be hired. Publishers tampering with the old, perfectly fine modding community is fucking stupid and is ALWAYS just an attempt to make a quick buck on other people's hard work
>>
File: 1488407421603.gif (961KB, 203x220px) Image search: [Google]
1488407421603.gif
961KB, 203x220px
>>380023585
you are retarded if you think whatever cancer grips the other platforms won't spread to us eventually

can't let a single penny go unmilked
>>
>>380026421
Idk in all aspects of life. Are you delusional enough to believe that profits don't determine everything in entertainment?
>>
>>380027216
I understand that profits don't determine everything. I do know that there are certain companies that will push forward with something no matter what.
>>
>>380027016
>Last thing I checked the market doesn't care about 'professional talent' it cares about products

And who makes the best products? Professionals with the right skills and the right talent.

> if a so called 'script kiddie' is good enough to make a mod people are willing to pay for then he's good enough to be hire

Wrong. Making something on your own time and getting paid for it because it just so happens to be good and people want it, is different from getting hired by someone else to work on their projects. It shouldn't be necessary for this to be explained to you.

>Publishers tampering with the old, perfectly fine modding community is fucking stupid and is ALWAYS just an attempt to make a quick buck on other people's hard work

It's absolutely a cash grab and it's not going to be any way to make a living, but don't pretend like it's a move that doesn't make any sense
>>
Personally I think it's fine if they charge for full overhaul mods that add a lot to the game

It just gets kind of shitty when someone adds one re-textured item and charges for it
>>
>>380023150
>s-s-top selling your product! I deserve free shit and I should decide the price and what to pay!
Fuck off libshit
>>
>>380023150
We're already there. People seem fine with getting half of a game for $60, and then the other half by paying another $50 for a "season pass".
DLC and microtransactions aren't going anywhere. People have already shown that they're more than happy to throw money at game developers, often sight unseen.
>>
>>380027898
Why I am buying a broken game and then buying the fix for that game?
>>
>>380028179

That's a different issue

I just recall buying an overhaul mod for M&B for like 7$ that was pretty good and worth. The base game was fine but the mod added naval battles and such. Was pretty cool
>>
>>380028179
>2020 comes along
>Game releases with a game breaking bug that prevents any of the games from launching.
>Devs charge $100 bucks for the day one patch that fixes the bug.
I already made myself scared via thinking this up/
>>
File: f2p games.gif (3MB, 295x221px) Image search: [Google]
f2p games.gif
3MB, 295x221px
>>380026042
>>
>>380024971

We are discussing paid mods. Everyone here is on page 20 while you are still on page 1.
>>
>>380027784
>And who makes the best products? Professionals with the right skills and the right talent.
Examples please.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.