[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Ancient Egypt" >49 BCE Haha, no. Regardle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 531
Thread images: 72

>"Ancient Egypt"
>49 BCE

Haha, no.
Regardless of that, what do you think of the gameplay changes? I didn't think they were very convincing, given this was rumoured as being a new start and revamp for the franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzHpcyqP_LE
>>
>>380009808
I was very bored during this gameplay demo.
>>
>>380009808
The stealth still looks braindead as ever.
>>
It just looks like they slapped a loot system on there and called it a day.
It looks pretty though.
>>
>>380009808
At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and make them better.

They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs and the mod authors and a bunch of other procedures and guidelines.

I can't wait for the exciting new mods that will come out from this system. Its gonna bring polish and better integration for mods as a whole.

I am really excited.
>>
File: 1474626763377.jpg (45KB, 900x677px) Image search: [Google]
1474626763377.jpg
45KB, 900x677px
>Ah Siwa, my home, the sacred oasis

>Location discovered
>>
>>380010535
>he does it for free
>while in the wrong thread
Astroturfers fuck off
>>
We was Assassin and such.
>>
I like ancient egypt. Such a nice setting with unique mythology.
>>
AC Brotha'hood KANGZ
>>
Ulimate secret armor better be based off Anubis.
>>
did they abandon the entire plot?

wasnt it supposed to take place in the present, not go further into the past?
>>
>>380011435
I hope this /pol/ meme dies quick.
MC looks Egyptian, possibly with some Nubian blood as he's a Medjay.
>>
I haven't played a AC after the second, Can I play this?
>>
File: 1416818363990.gif (87KB, 209x172px) Image search: [Google]
1416818363990.gif
87KB, 209x172px
>>380009808
>LEGENDARY loot drops
>character levels
>ability points
>eagle drone
Looks like complete garbage.
Ubishit continues it's gradual descent towards the singularity where all of their games will become literally the same game.
>>
File: yNoN8nW.gif (966KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
yNoN8nW.gif
966KB, 400x261px
>UAV bird
>RC controlled arrows
dropped
>>
File: 1493679683169.png (203KB, 1027x667px) Image search: [Google]
1493679683169.png
203KB, 1027x667px
>>380009808

Honestly it looks pretty interesting, it still has the AC feel, the combat looks interesting, it does seem like the witcher like some leaks said it would be inspired by but the stealth combined with that....seems like an interesting mix

Plus we finally get Egypt as the playable game like many people wanted so....good?
>>
>>380011642
DAS RITE FUK THESES CRACKAS
>>
>>380009808
it looks too flat, outside of a couple of monuments it doesn't seem to have a lot of verticality
>>
>Ancient egypt
>49 BCE

Amusingly, to the people living then, the great pyramids at Giza were already about 500 years older relative to them than they themselves are to us now.
>>
>>380011506
No, they've been jumping back and forth for a while now.
>>
>>380011679
Yeah, it's the start of (another) new story arch.

But you should at least play Brotherhood at some point. Here are the story arches in the series

>AC1, II, Brotherhood, Revalations, 3
>Black Flag and Rogue
>Unity and Syndicate are kind of both their own side things that can totally be skipped (just from a story perspective)
>and now Origins
>>
>>380011506
What makes you think that? The whole appeal of the franchise has been historical setpieces.

>>380011679
The sequels to AC2 are worthwhile if you liked Ezio. Skip AC3. Play Black Flag for comfiness. Unity and Syndicate can be skipped unless you really like French Revolution or Victorian London.
>>
>>380011506
That plotline was done after the 3rd game, gramps. Ever since then they've gone way astray, with this one being the most Sword & Sorcery based what with the Conan-esque giant snakes and shit.
>>
>>380011815
River deltas are usually flat.
>>
>>380011903
3 is in the black flag/rogue story arc
>>
>>380011506
>wasnt it supposed to take place in the present
absolutely not, Ubisoft said a long time ago that AC games will always be about exploring genetic memories, and that they'll avoid the 20th century because they don't want it to be a shooter
>>
>>380012021

but now it's just generic as shit

the cool thing about the first game, is that the animus had an effect on you in the present
>>
>>380011642
that meme has been shitposted longer than you have been here faggot
>>
>>380012109
From the ancestor side of the story, yes, but from Desmond's story no.
>>
>>380009808
>bce

cringe af....
>>
Is anyone confused by the narration in the trailer? It keeps talking about we are the first and juxtaposing it with Egyptian images, suggesting the narrator is an Egyptian native. Then it talks about an empire, which the Egyptians were quite bad at maintain and building - they got conquered like every other week. However, this is all taking place in Ptolemaic Egypt, so far, far, far from the first, and under Greek rule. Then they talk about assassin's and juxtapose that with killing roman soldiers and the Colosseum, despite it being again Ptolemaic Egypt. Also, assassin naming came from the era of the first AC game not Egypt. More over the narrator says we at the start suggesting he's Egyptian native, but then talks about the dangers of assassins suggesting he's the roman invaders, despite this again being Ptolemaic Egypt. On the side the protag is Bayek historically doesn't make sense as he can't be medjay, because they disappeared literally hundreds of years prior. It makes no sense. Logically, historically I am confused. Also, the pyramids were already ancient by then, but they're still shiny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medjay
>>
Stealth looks like MGSV shit
>>
>>380012181
>is that the animus had an effect on you in the present
that didn't come into effect at all until literally the very end of the game, are you talking about ACII? Because that's the whole point of ACII
>>
>>380012181
>ancient egypt
>now it's generic

Anon... And if you're talking about gameplay, its been generic since the 2nd game.
>>
>>380011825
Not to mention Egypt had been sunjugated by the Assyrians, then the Persians and then the Greeks zt that point.
>>
>>380011907
>Skip AC3
AC 3 is the pleb filter of the franchise. Seems it filtered you out. Syndicate is the worst game.
>>
>>380009808
Antiquity ended in 476 AD, son.
>>
File: western game development.jpg (151KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
western game development.jpg
151KB, 480x680px
>>
we were
>>
>>380010635
'least wuz 'fore I fucked errythang up
>>
>>380012264
The wishful person inside me hopes that he's talking about the first people who the ancient egyptians (as we know in modern history) inherited their empire from, as we now kinda know that there was another empire that predates ancient egyptians who invented most of the designs that the egyptians used.

But that's probably too much historical accuracy for Ubisoft.
>>
>>380009808
>49BCE
So its not ancient Egypt but roman egypt
>>
>>380012340

id just like to see them build more on it, and show the present more and wtf the templars or w/e are up to in modern day

cause otherwise all these memories in the past aren't really solving anything
>>
>>380009808
So it will have Cleopatra and Romans and shit?
>>
File: Happy Merchant.gif (11KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Merchant.gif
11KB, 501x585px
WE
>>
I have never played AssAss in my life, but how historically accurate are they? There was some giant snake in the trailer.
>>
>>380009808
>unironically using BCE
>>
>>380012425
Yeah but no historian is ever going to refer to ptolemaic Egypt as "Ancient Egypt". That pretty much ended with the Persian conquest.
>>
>>380009808
I know I'm the minority, but I really like what I've seen.
All I wanted was AC in Egypt and thats exactly whats happening. That its made by the IV team is a big bonus, but we'll see how that turns out in the end.

Otherwise I'm already set with another generic AC game in Egypt. These games are 80% setting anyway.
>>
>>380012616
> and show the present more and wtf the templars or w/e are up to in modern day
Have you played any of the recent games? We know exactly what's going on. I can't be asked to recap it all for you, but you can read the wiki or some shit.
>>
Combat looks quite improved - or at least, changed. It seems to me they went for a more traditional hack-and-slash way, it actually feels a bit "Witcher-ish" (oh the irony of people claiming that Witcher has Asscreed combat...) which should at least be a little improvement over the "wait-for-reposte-kill" of the previous series.
Architecture is pretty.
Everything else looks... awful. The U.I., the stealth, the gimmicks, the level design, none of that looks very good. Also, I think they really missed a god damn opportunity with the settings on many, many levels.
This does not look like the title to reinvent AssCreed again at all.
>>
>>380009808
I'm a huge waifufag weeb and haven't bought a western game in 10 years but fuck I might just buy this because almost no game use egypt as a setting
>>
>>380012818
>Christfags
>on MY board
>>
>>380012793
They used to be fairly accurate aside from the fictional main character.
Ever since Syndicate they threw historic authenticity out the window for "cool" points and diversity pandering.
>>
>>380012793
adam and eve were ancient astronauts tier accurate
>>
File: 1489216751758.gif (80KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1489216751758.gif
80KB, 100x100px
The guided arrow bullshit is RETARDED.
How the fuck does the arrow travel that slow through the air?
How the fuck does it change direction in the fucking air?

Why the fuck would they add this RETARDED POINTLESS mechanic that is literally going to make combat CLUNKY and SHIT.

SOMEONE EXPLAIN
>>
File: 00small22151277.jpg (40KB, 611x459px) Image search: [Google]
00small22151277.jpg
40KB, 611x459px
>>380009808
Considering the cultural development of the region, isn't 49 BCE effectively last Tuesday?
>>
>>380009808
>black guy shooting and stabbing unsuspecting white guys

seems alright m8
>>
>>380012793
They're historical fantasy, with a "secret history" and ancient aliens under an okay layer of actual history with varying amounts of authenticity. But overall they did their research.
>>
Ubisoft went full WE WUZ KANGZ
>>
>>380013003
Yeah, everything about the trailer was okay with me except for fucking that. How is that shit explained?
>>
>>380011757
most people don't consider Egypt right before Rome took over to be classical Ancient Egypt.
>>
>>380012889
The combat anims look absolutely dreadful, however. It's really jarring as these games have otherwise impressive and fluid movement animations, and then the combat now looks like it's taken straight out of Gothic / Risen. They really need to polish it up and bring it up to par to what it used to be with the older crappier combat system.
>>
>>380012872

but the conflict doesnt end, does it?

I know the idea of the animus is to show all these diff locations, but it's weird that in the present nothing happens
>>
>>380012960
Wait, they're 100% accurate?
>>
>>380009808
The fucking trailer literally start with "WE".....
What did Ubishit mean by this?
>>
>>380013003
It's Precursor magic, ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>Ancient Egypt
>Everyone is Black
Explain this to me
>>
oh, one more thing: wasnt desmond a white male?

how the fuck could his ancestor be egyptian?
>>
>>380012818
>>380012916
Before Christian Era

atheists can't win
>>
>>380009808
Black zombies in RE5.
>It's in Africa! Of course they're black. So fucking stupid. Do you even logic.
Black protag in 'Ancient' Egypt, where there were even fewer ethnicities:
>Yes, it's in Africa, but they weren't black! They looked more Celts, than niggers!

All jokes aside, it looks ok. Not great, but ok. The Black Adam stage in Injustice 2 looks more majestic than the Egypt they're showing here, though.
>>
>that clunky combat
>that fucking homing missile
Holy fucking shit. It's awful.

I'm convinced they decided on the Black protagonist afterward, when they realized how fucking awful the game is. So they could say;
>YOU'RE JUST RAYCIS IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT
>>
>>380012793
Up until Black Flag/Rogue, the games are Forrest Gump-style. You meet famous historical people, take your place in historical events etc., while searching for ayy lmao artifacts. Whatever isn't directly related to the protagonist's actions, is pretty much accurate.

From Unity onward they stopped caring at all. Robespierre got turned into a complete dickwad, while Victorian England turned into an equal-opportunity modern California with a steampunk skin thrown on. I have no problem with tranny characters in media. But a tranny character in a 19th century London setting would be ridiculed by the other characters, not respected.
>>
File: Acre-roofs-ingame.jpg (326KB, 1672x829px) Image search: [Google]
Acre-roofs-ingame.jpg
326KB, 1672x829px
>>380012793
up to syndicate they never really interfered with that much, AC1 id say is still the most accurate, plus the atmosphere is GOAT, but the pirate ones arent that bad.
The Ezio trilogy does poke and change a bit of history here and there since you're basically hunting down the pope and other large historical figures but even then its not that bad
>>
>>380013239
slaves and servants were black. The priest being black does trigger my historical autism.
>>
>>380013104
Most people don't even fucking know that Rome took over Egypt

>>380013137
Well the main reason "nothing happens" in the present is because the entire Assassin brotherhood consists of maybe a few thousand people, they got totally fucked in the early 2000s, and I mean TOTALLY fucked. It's just a little sabotage here and there while they try to rebuild. Meanwhile the Templars are playing with old shit they really shouldn't touch
>>
>>380013003
It's an unlockable skill for the "sniper" class of bows.
>>
File: 7ab.png (85KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
7ab.png
85KB, 480x360px
>>380013095
Nanomachines, son.
>>
>>380012441
Underrated post
FIFA? Black. Madden? Black. Dishonored? Black. Assassin's Creed? Black. Watch Dogs? Black. Mafia? Black. Fucking STAR WARS? Yep, that's right...black.
>>
WE
>>
>>380013386
Why does this matter to you?
>>
>>380009808
Yeah it's in Roman Egypt

I was excited up until i saw the actual gameplay

>manually controlled arrows that change direction mid-air
>hovering falcons
>shit AI and same stealth as ever

Might still be good idk

>>380013036
He has grey eyes, don't think he's meant to be black
>>
>>380011486
YES
>>
>>380013335
But anon, slaves didn't build the pyramids & shit. Paid workers did.
>>
>>380012793
They made Karl Marx into a good guy
>>
Why is he black?

Pic related. Both his parents are native egyptians, who escaped Egypt from the Muslim hordes.
>>
I've always wanted an Egyptian game but if the Greek rulers are black I'm boycotting
>>
>>380013485
I didn't see anyone building a pyramid in the video. Did you?
>>
>>380013454

not him but it feels like forced diversity
>>
>>380013003
He also controls an eagle that can hover mid-air and fights a giant dragon. I think we are far past any kind of even remote real-world-sensibilities in this series, honestly.
What more worries me is that it looks like a boring mechanic. It wasn't amazing when Max Payne did, it was boring as fuck when Bulletstorm did it, and here it feels just laughable.

>>380013120
>The combat anims look absolutely dreadful, however.
You are right that the animations look clunky as fuck. But if that means better gameplay, then I'm still actually fine with that.
What the fuck am I saying, it's not like I'm going to play it. I had not played AssCreed game in almost a decade...
The problem is that I don't think they CAN polish it to be on par with the animation fluency of the previous games, simply because it offers more actual freedom of control and movement. I think it's an if/or situation here. Either you have smaller agency and control, in which case you can use perfectly motion-captured pre-baked animations which look very natural, or you have a more dynamic system that allows for greater player agency, but has to rely on less fluent and natural animations.
It clashes with the rest of the animation style for the game, true. But really, in this case if it improves the actual combat, I think this should be acceptable.
It's still a major IF though.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (97KB, 1271x540px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
97KB, 1271x540px
>>380013003
So this is wrong, but GIANT FUCKING SNAKE MONSTERS are totally fine?

>monsters has intention to kill you
>roars at you instead of killing immediately
>>
>>380013572
The character is Nubian. He doesn't have sub-saharan facial features anyway.
>>
>>380013692
Could be a dream sequence
>>
>>380013003
>>380013095
>>380013218
Many people consider it to be "bugged" because the target went down stairs, and the arrow followed.

I dont actually think you control the arrow as well. But even if thats the case, I'd be pretty indifferent to it desu. By now I just dont care for those gimmick mechanics anymore
>>
>>380013635
Of course not. It's not Ancient Egypt. You also missed "and shit".
>>
>>380013276
That's fucking retarded

>Chinese emperor is polynesian
>Durr they are both asian!

>British man is blonde and blue eyes
>Durr anglos are white too
>>
>>380013713
That would explain it. Post his face. I wanna see.
>>
The pyramids were older for the protagonist of AC:O, than the protagonist of AC:O is for us. Why the hell are they shiny and new-looking?
>>
Gameplay looks pretty bland and casual desu. Marking enemies with the eagle, Assassin is still a tank, homing arrows and the loot system are all huge turn offs.
>>
>>380013104
it was already a puppet state by this point lol
>>
>>380013876
They repainted them every once in a while I guess
>>
>>380013669
>I think we are far past any kind of even remote real-world-sensibilities in this series, honestly.
well its about traveling back in time through dna. and also about zapping people with a magic apple, and ancient alien spy technology.
>>
Blacks did build the pyramids..... as slaves
>>
So he's meant to be the first Assassin right?

Isn't there a statue of an Assassin in ACII who killed king Xerxes of Persia, which was about 500 years earlier?

Besides I thought the Assassin's had been around since the time of Adam and Eve or some bullshit.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>380013830
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itH7w9LmkpA
>>
>>380013789
Yes but we saw a temple. A temple would have public servants who were black, for the most part.
>>
>>380013760
dream or drugged or some sort of animus battle of the gods with aliens bullshit
>>
>>380013876
they weren't stripped down until the Muslim conquests
>>
>>380012889
>This does not look like the title to reinvent Asscreed again at all
Yeah I was honestly expecting similiar change to the series like Revalations to 3 or 4 to Unity but this really just seems like the second spinoff to Unity considering it's still using Unity animations
>>
>>380013998
Ahh, that's much better. Okay, thanks.
>>
>>380013876
Because Egypt didn't have enough in it back when the pyramids were new.
Ubishit wanted to have Alexandria in the game while also having pretty pyramids, consistency be damned.
>>
>>380013947
>well its about traveling back in time through dna
I wouldn't say that rendering memories in a fancy computer is time travel

>>380013985
The Assassins have been around technically since Adam and Eve, but they didn't call themselves Assassins and didn't really organize I suppose until this game. As for the guy who killed Xerxes, that was just before the Brotherhood organized into an Order.
>>
>>380009808
>the gameplay changes
What gameplay changes? It's looks like a generic AssCreed fare to me.
>>
>>380013782
The homing arrow is an unlockable skill with the long-range class of bow.
>>
>>380013985
I doubt Ubisoft give a shit about their own "lore"
>>
>>380014126
The loot/gear system, for one. The shield combat (which honestly won't change much because you've always been able to block without any trouble in other AC games)

Pressing Y to assassinate instead of X
>>
>>380009808
Oh, this is gameplay. I haven't seen it, but that guy definitely does not have an Egyptian accent. What is it? And don't tell me wewuz'enese or something, I'm serious, I can't place it.
>>
>>380013959
nah. people working on pyramids were well treated and fed and it was all proffessional [for ancient standards anyway]
>>
>>380012793

They are basically Ancient Aliens: The Game

Go watch any episode of that show past season 2, when they started going REALLY off the rails and focusing on single subjects each episode, then imagine everything they said in that episode was actual history.
>>
>>380014247
>he thinks accents back then would be like anything today
bruh
>>
>that melee combat
Well, I'm glad it's not BamHam anymore.

But that pseudo over the top Action RPG they tried to go with, looks buggy as hell, and honestly, casual as fuck.
It's like they wanted something like Souls or For Honor, but decided it was too difficult. And casualized it, but it came out boring and even worse than BamHam
>>
File: download.png (18KB, 1083x107px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
18KB, 1083x107px
crackers ruinin africa n sheeit
>>
>>380013947
>well its about traveling back in time through dna. and also about zapping people with a magic apple, and ancient alien spy technology.
Suprisingly enough, those are still a lot more easy to swallow than the idea that a normal, ordinary eagle does not have to follow basic laws of physics. There is suspension of disbelief, and then there is just plain old stupidity (even if excused by mechanical necessity).
The series is gradually pushing the silliness level forward and forward.

That said, it's the least of the series problems.

>>380014053
I thought the fucking point of the hiatus was to reinvent the series. And this seems like the only thing they reinvented was the combat, by going in another very generic direction, just a literal "Lets make it more like Souls thing" while everything else feels exactly the same as the previous series, just a bit more clueless.

I think this is what happens when you are reinventing a series because the public demanded, but you have NO actual ideas yourself.
>>
I found this bretty funny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du3j4iaXX8U
>>
>>380013985
the word assassin originated from like 11th century after christ. so they must have had other name for them
>>
>>380013876
the character is clearly immortal and you play through different eras
>>
why is no one talking about the fucking giant ass snake? what is this shit?
>>
>>380014219
Hidden blade assassinations may not be instant kills if the player does not upgrade the weapon accordingly. It'll just deal damage and initiate combat.
>>
I was hoping that the word "Assassin" wouldn't be used at all in this game, just referring to themselves as the Brotherhood and whatnot.
>>
>>380009808
WE
>>
Fool that I am, I bought a gaming laptop that I can't upgrade and I want to play AC Origins. Is it good idea to buy OLD XBone? (I don't need 4k graphics). Will the price drop soon? Right now it costs 250$ in my country. Will I be able to play other new games on this console, like Anthem?
>>
>>380013386
It won't last.

>>380013454
It's beyond tokenism.
>>
>>380014432
read the thread you illiterate nigger

>>380014451
I don't believe you
>>
>>380014354
Actually, Arabian Rape was what ruined Africa. Then Arabian Slavery to such an excessive rate, that Africa was known as a slave nation more than a thousand years before Colonials arrived.

Arabs plundered the shit out of Africa.
>>
>>380014517
I'm sure you'll be able to play this on your laptop provided it isn't too old/weak.
>>
>>380013998
>He's actually missing his finger
Oh thank christ, the lorefag in me was terrified they'd overlook it
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (420KB, 862x733px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
420KB, 862x733px
>guard nignog staring straight at player nignog
>don't get noticed anyway

Yep, it's Ass Creed
>>
File: 1497110430663.png (396KB, 584x620px) Image search: [Google]
1497110430663.png
396KB, 584x620px
>>380014354
Imagine a world

without white people.
>>
>>380009808
>Summons an eagle who scanns through walls and marks his prey
WOW, REVOLUTION IS HERE BOISSS!!
>>
>>380011907
AC3 is good, great setting (Old East Coast America)
>>
>>380014569
>“Bayek starts the game with most of his basic gear except for the Hidden Blade,” says Ashraf Ismail. “All his gear starts at level 1 and levels up through crafting, which increases the stats of the gear and its appearance. The Hidden Blade is found by going through the story, and it is necessary to keep upgrading if you want to maintain the ability to perform assassinations. Otherwise, you do stealth damage and enter combat.”

https://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-origins-need-know-new-setting-new-hero-new-action-rpg-gameplay-e3-2017/
>>
>>380014109
Ancient Egypt had cool stuff, but I think they want to have cameos of figures from across the Mediterranean that most people today will recognise.
>>
>>380009808
I'd play it only for the setting
>>
>>380014650
we wudda been robots n sheit
>>
>>380014647
I still don't get why AC doesn't have difficulty settings. I'd LOVE to be able to crank up guard detection speed/awareness so that I'd actually have to look at my screen when playing the game.
>>
>>380013876
Egyptian culture was still alive back then, I guess they polished it?
>>
File: 1360964351718.jpg (32KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1360964351718.jpg
32KB, 450x600px
Shit, the leak this weekend had me hopeful, but now
>npc animations are bad
>environment is nothing special
>combat looks clunky
>guards myopic and hamfisted as usual
>half assed rpg elements to clutter everything
Either it's shit, or they decided to show off the absolute worst features first, goddamn
>>
>>380009808
I'm legitimately interested.

>Leaning onto the RPG mechanics and loot more heavily
>Combat akin to Dark Souls/The Wtcher instead of the old mashy braindead stuff
>Now the game appears to have real stealth for once, and it looks like it's copying The Phantom Pain

I'll definitely pick this one up eventually, as opposed to outright ignoring it like all the others.
>>
>>380014723
That's weird as fuck. I suppose the upgrades are gonna be pretty cheap.
>>
>People using the term assassin before it was coined
>>
>>380014802
>>Now the game appears to have real stealth for once, and it looks like it's copying The Phantom Pain
the stealth mechanics looked exactly the same as ACIII
>>
>>380014615
My laptop has i5 3.20Ghz and here it says it requires 3.60Ghz http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=8514&game=Assassins%20Creed:%20Origins
>>
>>380013454
It's extremely immersion breaking in a serious game when the character has 0 similar traits to myself outside of maybe having a cock. It makes it hard to identify with them and therefore I don't care about them or anything they're involved in really.

>>380013665
This too
>>
>>380014650
Haitians kicked those evil Whites the fuck out of their island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3337cj4sJQ
>>
ayo da gyptians was african americans

free my nigga pharaoh dayshawn
>>
>>380014948
wew fucking lad
>>
>>380014615
but whats your gpu
>>
>>380014908
Shit it even looks like it's backpeddled on Unitys stealth
>>
>The full list of weapon categories, according to Ismail, consists of regular swords, sickle swords, dual blades, heavy clubs, heavy blades, scepters, and spears, and Bayek can also fight bare-handed.

>fight bare-handed
Hopefully it'll be as satisfying as the unarmed combat in Brotherhood.
>>
to make AC interesting again they need to make the world feel alive

>stalk this target

>kill this target

is boring as shit

more depth is needed. otherwise the missions get repetitive.
>>
>>380014650
how do you excuse shit like this negros?
>>
File: 5a7.jpg (35KB, 599x222px) Image search: [Google]
5a7.jpg
35KB, 599x222px
>>380014739
Das right.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
do you get to make coitus with Cleopatra?
>>
File: good_boy.jpg (17KB, 225x354px) Image search: [Google]
good_boy.jpg
17KB, 225x354px
>>380010535
Good goy
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 400x388px
>>380009808
I can see them avoiding Japan but make a medival China setting already. I want to train as a monk to infiltrate temples and assassination royals.
>>
>>380013386
Diversity is only Whites and blacks. Fuck hispanics and all the gooks and chinks. Fuck yall.
>>
>>380009808
>roman gladiators
>greek 'hoplites'

what timeline is this ?
>>
File: 1496862465829.gif (932KB, 253x197px) Image search: [Google]
1496862465829.gif
932KB, 253x197px
>>380013003

We haven't seen a 'bullet time arrow' since Heavenly Sword back on PS3

Also anon I can tell you're fucking around but come on, no one knows anything yet, that was the -first- game play trailer

Also I would sure love a guided arrow much better than chasing down someone who can run faster than the protag.

Just give it a chance...or don't and look at another game, whichever you choose
>>
>>380015057
3's fisting was better t b h
>>
File: 1495477703385.jpg (18KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
1495477703385.jpg
18KB, 480x712px
>>380009808
>everyone is black
I wouldn't be surprised when Egyptians go full Belka on America
>>
File: WE.jpg (309KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
WE.jpg
309KB, 1366x768px
>>380013998
He looks ambiguously ethnic enough that either side can claim his as being black/white, though his accent made me think he was black.

Imagine amount of work the design committee went through to pick this exact shade of coffee-coloured skin.
>>
Was Ass Creed the last decent one?
I've been trying to play through Unity for the past year or so and just cant, cuz it's so bad.
>>
File: 1408607625111.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1408607625111.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>380013386
>>380012441

>complaining about this in AC where the very first game's protagonist was a fucking sandnigger

What do you expect for a franchise about historical set pieces? To only be set in white europe?
>>
>>380014931
I think you should be looking at the generation and model of i5 rather than just the sheer clock speed. The medium requirements on the site you posted has an i5 with lower speeds but it's a newer model.
>>
Stealth is actually fucking autism. The guard didn't notice player in plain fucking sight, Combat is Dark Souls/10. Feature with eagle sounds cool, anyway.
>>
the last AC I enjoyed a lot was the pirate one, cause at least it had some variety. and a world to explore and sailing was sorta fun
>>
Egypt was heavily influenced by Greece at that point, 300 years after Alexander conquered them

Ubisoft are acting like it's 1500 BC though
>>
>>380014328
You're saying they resurrected a dead language accent just for this game? Impressive. It's not Egyptian, it's not Ethiopian, it's not Kenyan, it's not Sudanese, I think. So what is it?

AmericanDoesPretendArabic?
>>
File: WEWUZWANG.jpg (103KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
WEWUZWANG.jpg
103KB, 736x736px
>>380013276
The major residents of North Africa really were/are NOT blacks. That's not joke but a fact really.

In fact, those nuggets with inferior complex who keep stealing Ancient Egypt, China and Rome history are more like fucking joke.
>>
File: 1435356452853.png (15KB, 399x391px) Image search: [Google]
1435356452853.png
15KB, 399x391px
>>380014948
>guaranteed replies
>>
I feel sorry for our North African friend that see their heritage go down in the flush

WHO AM I KIDDING?! THIS IS WONDERFUL
>>
>>380015213
I expect them not to invoke a defunct Nubian group to justify their wewuzery.
>>
>>380015198
General consensus is that the first had good ideas, but the execution was a little shallow.
The second game really polished the ideas of the first and is considered a great gaimu.

Not sure about the others since I never played them.
>>
>>380015109
How much do you wanna bet she'll be black as well?
>>
>>380015181
That's an Arab
>>
>>380015181
looks like a fair representation
>>
File: 1422995861534.png (54KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
1422995861534.png
54KB, 398x398px
>>380014354
tfw the new genetic studies show that the Egyptians were more closely related to people on the Balkans, Anatolia and the Levant than the ones living in the sub-sharan region.
>>
>>380014589
African kings sold their own citizens as slaves to the Europeans.
I say that if they have to blame something it should be their own stupidity.
>>
File: teno aztec captial.jpg (829KB, 1692x1312px) Image search: [Google]
teno aztec captial.jpg
829KB, 1692x1312px
>>380015123
They already blew China, India, and Russian revolution on the shitty side games.

The only decent settings after this that haven't already been wasted that are left are Aztecs, Khmer/Sukothai, Japan, and Rome/Greece
>>
can't wait to get it when it's 10 bucks
>>
>>380015378
greeks wuz black
>>
>>380009808
Alright, so how the hell is he supposed to be the ancestor of Altair? What, he goes on an exodus at the end of the game?
Or did they "retcon" that bit before even releasing the game
>>
>>380015073

How do you evem find this shit. I have a black twitter account and still cant seem to get this kind of shit. Guess im not woke enough.
>>
>>380015181
he even got an egyptian nose ! look !
BRAVO
>>
File: bedscha2.jpg (104KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
bedscha2.jpg
104KB, 600x535px
>>380015181
Or maybe they just looked at how people in Egypt look like now?
>>
I loved the atmosphere in A.C.1 and seeing the trailer gave me some of those nice vibes. I'm interested in it despite /v/s memes
>>
>>380009808
>>49 BCE
Where is it said that this gakes place in 49BCE?
>>
File: Map_1[1].jpg (68KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Map_1[1].jpg
68KB, 250x250px
>>380015427
You know where Arabs come from don't you?
>>
>>380013998

>using Ezio's Family as a backing track

they know it's the best song in the franchise the fucking faggots.
>>
>>380015501
Why does he need to be related to Altair? Altair is one bloodline, Ezio is another, the Kenways is yet another and so on. None of the protags outside of the Kenways have been related to each other
>>
>>380015364
>North African friend

?
you've never meet one apparently
>>
File: SUOMI.png (47KB, 683x601px) Image search: [Google]
SUOMI.png
47KB, 683x601px
>>380009808
>Siwa my home
>>
>>380015376
Sorry I meant Ass Creed Rogue
And yeah 1 was a nice stepping stone for the series but 2 and Brotherhood are the best in my opinion.
Revelations wasnt that bad as well.
3 was a letdown for me except where you play as Haytham Kenway.
4 was kinda cool.
I really liked Rogue.
>>
File: 1474420333184.png (1MB, 1350x600px) Image search: [Google]
1474420333184.png
1MB, 1350x600px
>>380015492
It's time for people to learn the truth
>>
>>380015612
I don't think that's an official channel.
>>
why doesnt ubisoft do greeks/persians?

>assassins are spartans

>templars are xerxes armies

>fight off people with a phalanx of assassins
>>
>>380009808

>49 bc.

>Egypt not in ruins.
>>
>>380015603
yeah Arabia, they invaded much much later
>>
>>380015629
you are really dumb
>>
>>380015553
>now
Product of Muslim invasion and African rape

It's very rare to see full blooded Egyptians these days
>>
I am pretty sure upper sahara people don't speak like lower sahara ones
>>
>>380015612
So does the devs, it's been incorporated into plenty of the series's OSTs after 2
>>
File: download (1).png (210KB, 1284x1193px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
210KB, 1284x1193px
>>380013998
the fucking comments in that video holy fuck
>>
File: egypt circ.jpg (102KB, 574x574px) Image search: [Google]
egypt circ.jpg
102KB, 574x574px
>>380015553
That's a stupid idea, isn't it? Now is not thousands of years ago.
>>
>>380015582
In pretty much every article about it. Also just look at the trailer, it has the lightouse of Alexandria, Roman soldiers, the colosseum etc.
>>
>>380015693
I'm sure they'll get around to it, especially since the ancient aliens go by greco-roman names
>>
>>380015732
Do explain
>>
>>380015668
Red-Figure pottery > Black-Figure pottery
>>
File: assassins creed.png (39KB, 786x283px) Image search: [Google]
assassins creed.png
39KB, 786x283px
>>380015769
>>
>>380010535
This pasta again.
>>
File: 1494835648904.jpg (20KB, 321x397px) Image search: [Google]
1494835648904.jpg
20KB, 321x397px
>>380015067

>Series called 'Assassin's Creed'
>Assassin's stalk their targets
>Recent games have allowed branching choices on how to take people out in various ways instead of -just- stalking

Have you -played- any of the games or are you just shitposting?
>>
File: 1496540523180.jpg (85KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1496540523180.jpg
85KB, 680x680px
>>380014952
stop fucking breeding you fucking niggers if you're that poor
>>
>>380015797
The character is Nubian so he's going to be dark-skinned anyway.
>>
>>380015716
Why would it be?
>>
>>380015884
Lmao
>>
>>380015603
>>380015717
Arabs and Ancient Egyptians were both Afro-Asiatic peoples. Different branches, same origins.
>>
>>380015847
They were all ancestors of desmond miles.
>>
>>380015364
f-fuck rome
>>
File: egypt circ 2.jpg (71KB, 386x500px) Image search: [Google]
egypt circ 2.jpg
71KB, 386x500px
>>380015947
And we know how inevitable and dumb it is that they invoke da nubian kangz.
>>
>>380015475
I would love to see ancient messapotamian setting
>>
Look how they misrepresent ancient egyptians... ubisoft went full we wuz kangz.
>>
>>380015553
>>
>>380011825

More like we're closer to them then they were to the Great Pyramids
>>
>>380016101
Sure, their bloodlines converge into Desmond, but Ezio and Arno for example have no relation. Bayek will very likely not be related to Altair at all
>>
>>380015947
Hes not Nubian, look at his Nose & light skin
>>
>>380016101
But from tons of different branches.
>>
>>380016165
mesopotamian whatever
>>
>>380015938

I mean...the game world needs more depth: climbing and rooftop running is fun, but there should be different ways/methods to kill your target, and different ways to accomplish your goals

more than the usual "hang 30 feet back and dont get spotted" stuff. what if you found info on a target from an individual, and you could kill them at any time?

usually in AC when you lose your target you fail the mission.
>>
>49 BCE
So, this is after African refugee problems. Muslims rape armies that caused Egypt to ask for Romans to help them?
>>
File: copts.jpg (2MB, 4928x3280px) Image search: [Google]
copts.jpg
2MB, 4928x3280px
Whatever happened to the areas of Egypt settled by Phoenicians?
>>
>>380015294
Right? The historicity on this entry is bizarre. The earlier entries weren't this bad.

>>380015364
>roman
>front to back
Hurray.
>>
File: scipio_africanus_cm2.jpg (50KB, 455x600px) Image search: [Google]
scipio_africanus_cm2.jpg
50KB, 455x600px
>>380016118
Destroy Carthago
>>
>49 BCE
so which historical figures are we going to meet? Caesar? Wasn't Brutus an assassin?
>>
>>380016290
>but there should be different ways/methods to kill your target, and different ways to accomplish your goals
Recent AC games have been pretty decent about this as far as I can tell.
>>
>>380016330

>49 BC
>Muslims

What are you even on about?
>>
>>380016134
Having a Nubian character isn't out of place really, we'll see if Ubi makes most of the NPCs black, whereby giving them sub-saharan features and not just dark skin. Now that would be silly.

>>380016246
>Bayek is the last of the Medjay, a Nubian order of warriors who served as agents of the pharaohs for hundreds of years, protecting cities and temples from threats.
>>
>>380016330
what the hell are you talking about.
Muslims existing before b.c.

go read a book instead of just absorbing /pol/ shit.
>>
>>380016391
should be some time before he gets killed and if it indeed is 49 Caesar might show up in Alexandria if the game lets you go there
>>
>>380016391
yeah, he's the good guy and you get to stab Caesar at the end of the game
>>
So many idiots expecting genetic linearity over 4000 years of migrations and invasions in what is in effect one of the top pieces of real estate on this planet.
>>
File: mint romney.jpg (87KB, 1500x1120px) Image search: [Google]
mint romney.jpg
87KB, 1500x1120px
>>380009808
>49 BCE
The idea is that the story can transition into ancient rome/greece.

I don't get why you people expected something like over9000 bce.
>>
>>380016391
IIRC the Gameinformer article mentioned Cleopatra. I won't be surprised if there is a mission to assassinate her at some point.
>>
File: 1497249596613.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1497249596613.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>380016330
Holy fucking shit, is this the education of the average /pol/ poster?
>>
>>380016330
>muslim
>bce
>>
>>380016391
The battle of the Nile is around these times so yes certainly
>>
File: acorigins02-800x450.jpg (58KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
acorigins02-800x450.jpg
58KB, 800x450px
>>380016493
Alexandria is in the game.
>>
>>380016449
Not him but the article that was leaked mentioned that Bayek is in the Medjay because they eventually started letting Egyptians in. I don't think he's Nubian
>>
>>380015884
he's trolling dude how do you even screencap this lol
>>
>Play the first AC when it's released
>Games get released every year afterwards
>In the year Revelations is set to come out, play through 2 and Brohood
>Plan to play Revelations but don't get around to it
>Blink
>Like 12 more games are released

wtf

All I know is that Desmond dies at some point (best day of my life).
>>
>>380016374
>africanus
Was he African(black)?
>>
>>380016260
>>380016226
so all these random ancestors with no relations to each other were all very important assassins?
>>
>>380016713
Historically the Medjay did have non-Nubians over time but I'm pretty sure the leaked article referred to Bayek as Nubian.
>>
Main character looks like a black dude(YUCK), I won't play this honestly cause of that alone.
>>
File: 1487809947618.jpg (43KB, 330x430px) Image search: [Google]
1487809947618.jpg
43KB, 330x430px
Ive listened to countless debates jared taylor debates

I've listened to the points put forth by tim wise the like

I've seen shaun and jen and destiny debates

I've read bowling alone and the bell curve

I've heard arguments against the Minnesota trans racial adoption study

I've debated in /pol/ threads back and forth and spectated for hours upon hours

I've engaged in autism you wouldn't believe

When I'm here, I just want to talk about video games, is that too much to ask
>>
File: top ebin.png (46KB, 507x464px) Image search: [Google]
top ebin.png
46KB, 507x464px
>>380015641
:-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>380016594
It is to be expected of a community which derives their talking points from infographs and memes.
>>
File: 144983597349856.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
144983597349856.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>380016901
>when you think you're going to escape but you immediately run into the same shit they tried to warn you about
>>
>>380012441
You can do some cheeky shit with that card.
>>
>>380016997
Assassin's creed suomi when
>>
>>380016084
Not exactly. Latest suggests they're closer to Levant/Anatolian.
https://phys.org/news/2017-05-genome-ancient-egyptian-mummies.html
>>
>>380016901
You can't escape reality anymore.
>>
>>380016862
That's why Desmond was a special snowflake anon. Because all these bloodlines with a high amount of first civ DNA converged into him. It's why he could use the Apple so well. Besides, it was never said any of these guys were in one continuous bloodline
>>
>>380009808
Far Cry 3 but now in Egypt. Wow.
>>
>>380016849
he actually used some real African Kings like Masensen to fuck Carthago in the ass.
>>
>>380016448
>>380016480
>>380016594
>>380016650
>replying to such obvious bait
Come on, guys. What the fuck are you doing? He's obviously looking for (you)s and you just fucking gave it to him.
>>
>>380010535
I know this gets thrown around willy-nilly but I want you to know in no uncertain terms that I mean this with every fiber of my being:

Fucking. Kill. Yourself.

You will not be missed. Some who know you closely may actually celebrate. Make their lives better and end it.
>>
>>380012021
There was a giant kraken in one of the ezio games though. No one gave a fuck about that, though you weren't fighting it necessarily
>>
File: 1434254730337.jpg (79KB, 599x804px) Image search: [Google]
1434254730337.jpg
79KB, 599x804px
>>380017125
isn't that what video games are meant to be though

an escape?
>>
So are they actually ditching the animus shit? Like last couple of games, It was framed as the Abstergo VR/console thing right?

>>380017185
You have too much faith people anon.
>>
>>380017103

Finno-Korean Hyperwar setting would legit convince me to try an AC game again. If you're not going to take history seriously, may as well go full crazy and have some fun instead.
>>
>Sequel will be Greece
YES
>unknown location for 3rd game
Hopefully Japan or Roman Empire (we go into that vault in Rome and dump the Adam/Eve shit in that Ezio stumbles upon at the end of 2)
>>
>>380017117
That coudl've just been the ruling caste through marrying Hittite royalty. Or the ruling caste could've been entirely different from the actual populace, as there were Hyksos dyansties and even a Nubian dynasty.
>>
>>380017376
>Bayek in Japan
What? I thought Bayek was supposed to get three games, how would he end up in nipland
>>
>>380017376
Is the Greece thing confirmed? I've been waiting for that for a while. Source?
>>
>>380017376
With that timeframe, would they have the guts to do an AC set in Roman Palestina during the life of Yeshua of Nazareth?
>>
>>380017376
Japan is overdone, would be better to have meso-america or cambodia or something.
>>
>>380017361
>You have too much faith people anon
No, anon. Go to /pol/. Yes, they're fucking retarded. But they at least know how to look things up. They know Muslims weren't around at that time.
He most likely saw a thread filled with people bashing on /pol/ and decided to post some obvious bait.

And you fucks replied fucking instantly.

You're either new or a shill. Either way, you should just fucking leave.
>>
>>380009808
Makes even less sense that they're all black in 49 BC. When did all the blacks go then? Did arabs force them out? Oy vey, but it's a religion of peace! Carefull!
>>
File: 1316093540401.png (62KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1316093540401.png
62KB, 200x300px
>>380016901
>v
>videogames
Lets try
FAVORITE AC MOMENT GO
Getting your shit kicked in during the ACB prologue, when cesar wrecks your town. He was a great character overall and I couldn't wait to fuck him up.
>>
>>380009808
So the guy you play as has the trademark desmond lip scar. So it's still his dna we're looking into? Really?

Why fucking kill him if we're just going to keep using the same fuckers dna?

Also, why is Desmond so special if HIS FATHER IS STILL ALIVE GOOD FUCKING DAMN
>>
>>380017570
>Japan is overdone

In a thread that has metric fucktons of shitposting, this is still probably the most stupid comment. Congrats.
>>
>>380017609
Here's your (You).
>>
>>380016862
I wouldn't be surprised if Desmond was bred or some shit, like it was all planned out in the 1940s to have all these people with bloodlines start banging
>>
>>380016215

Sure, if you wanted to say the same thing in easily understood english
>>
>>380017674
I don't think it has much to do with DNA anymore.
More like all the characters with the scar are a reincarnated Precursor like Aita/Bartholomew Roberts.
>>
>>380017674
The scar could very well just be like an homage but I doubt it. So yeah, I'm guessin we're still stuck in Desmond's DNA. That said, would love to play as Bill in the present, the old dude's gotta have some moves
>>
>>380016134
>And we know how inevitable and dumb it is that they invoke da nubian kangz.
Actually, they are most likely going to evocate the Nubian Medjay, a well know numbian military guard that has been employed by the Egyptian rule for most of the duration of the Old Kingdom at least. Makes a lot of fucking sense, actually.
>>
>>380013003
I can almost see an arrow to the knee achievement
>>
>>380017674
didn't the native american part and the Kaneway lineage come from Desmond's mother?
>>
>>380017706
Thanks bro, but I'm serious here. If you've ever been to Egypt, you know that's not what it looks like. And there has been no major changes in population since 49 BC, that much we know for certain, this shit is written down.
>>
>>380017361
No, they said that we're going to have a proper modern-day protagonist again.
>>
>>380017885
Except the Medjay had been gone for a thousand years by the timeframe of the game.
>>
>>380017882
He is an assassin, technically speaking, so i mean the bleeding effect could give him some fucking great moves.
>>
>>380017959
>no major changes in population since 49 BC
>>
>>380017674
Because a lot of shit came from Desmond's mother
>>
>>380017376
>Japan
>wanting to piss of all the weebs that would find things to bitch about
>>
>>380017701
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_set_in_feudal_Japan
>>
>>380017997
>Except the Medjay had been gone for a thousand years by the timeframe of the game.
And Syndicate has medieval Ismaely order of Hassassines rule gangs of London and chat with Marx, so I don't see that as particular problem.
>>
>>380018006
Provided he uses the Animus, sure. Not sure Bill would need or want it though, after Desmond kicked the bucket. Seems to have sent Bill into a several game long depression
>>
>>380015475

Meiji restoration and Boshin War would be neat. Start before Commodore Perry shows up and go through that period.
>>
>>380017667
Even though 3 was a train wreck, I loved the haytham opening
>>
File: pullo.jpg (80KB, 707x800px) Image search: [Google]
pullo.jpg
80KB, 707x800px
Sic Semper Tyrannis - Assassinate the leader of the Templars Julius Caeser
>>
>>380017997
>game set in Egypt
>not expecting some Stargate level shit with technology keeping people alive for centuries
>>
>>380018138
Now find the article about video games in historical Japan using a high production value open world.
>>
>>380018106
Yes, you read that right. There was no mass migration, no mass movement in Egypt since that time. Should be the same people
>>
>>380018138
And the vast majority of those are fantasy games with zero authenticity.

AC takes liberties and has the whole secret hsitory and Precursors, but overall they do their research.

99% of Sengoku games have Nobunaga as a demon overlord.
>>
>>380018256
>you find Brutus and hel him out
>you shank Caesar like 50 times with your new Assassin bro to celebrate the birth of the brotherhood
Hell, I'd play it
>>
>>380017997
100s not 1000s
>>
>>380017882
I think it was said that the protag is gonna be an ancestor of Altair
>>
>>380018118
>you play as Yasuke who was secretly an Assassin
>he actually killed Oda Nobunaga and not Mitsuhide
>>
>>380015612

They need to vet Jasper Kyd back.
>>
>>380018117
So what? Desmond is just as much a part of his father as he is his mother. If the animus works the way it's supposed to anyway, we would be able to relive parts of his father's life as well right?

If his father is an assassin his bloodline should go back somewhere significant right?

Also what's the story with his mother anyway? Is she dead?
>>
>>380018467
Entirely possible, geographically, but there's still a thousand years between them. They'd have to have some major foreshadowing in Origins to make the point in that case
>>
>>380018507
No, they wasted him on AC, practically tried to hide his music's presence in the game.
>>
>>380018520
I'm sure there is plenty significant in Desmond's father, and from an in-world logic you make perfect sense, but I wouldn't want to play as him. He isn't very interesting.
>>
>>380015962

The great pyramids where 2500 years old by then.
>>
>>380018453
Thousand, really. We have no reports on Medjey past the 20th dynasty. Which is around 1200 to 1100 B.C.
This game apparently takes place around 40 B.C.

That makes it almost exactly thousand years since the last written record of the presence of Medjay in existence.
>>
>>380018648
>playing as young Bill in the funky 60's and 70's
>hippie by day, assassin by night
Come on, you can't tell me that doesn't sound fun
>>
>>380013003

kang magix dun need explainz
>>
File: DCEmKapXoAY7d5h.jpg (136KB, 1270x674px) Image search: [Google]
DCEmKapXoAY7d5h.jpg
136KB, 1270x674px
>>380009808
The protagonist isn't black, he's fairly accurate to the native Egyptians of the time.

This topic is genuinely one of my triggers so don't fucking spread misinformation.
>>
>move to nextgen to remake UC from ground up
>it's the same shit, sales plummet
>take 2 years to remake UC from ground up
>it's the same shit again
You fucked up Ubi
>>
Imagine the butthurt would've had if they made ass creed in japan with european main character.
>>
>>380014662
don't forget it's an eagle that comes from nowhere and can stop mid-air and just hover like a hummingbird
>>
>>380018804
Sure, that would be dope as fuck, I wasn't considering that at all.

Too bad Ubisoft would never do it
>>
>>380017480
Anybody got the source?
>>
>>380018868
First of all, that is a pretty bold claim because we don't really KNOW what native Egyptians looked at the time, but from the little we do know he does look NOTHING like them.
He looks black as fuck. And that is because he IS black as fuck. Which is because he is supposed to be a member of a famous BLACK, NUBIAN guard that was famously employed by Egyptian pharaohs as a foreign special guard and gained a lot of notoriety and attention in popular media.
>>
>>380018451
If anything Brutus is a templar and so is Cleopatra and Antony.
>>
>>380017480
>>380019010
It's just a rumour.
>>
>>380019010
He's making an assumption
>>
>>380019196
He's/they were not sub-saharan black is my point, which is one of the biggest "debates" going around. He's typical of people from Upper Egypt. It wasn't a homogeneous society.
>>
Imagine being the art team at Ubi. They make those great worlds and then gameplay shitlords come and take a dump in those worlds and ship a shitpile of a game
>>
>>380019235
>>380019287
Thanks anons.
>>
>>380011506
I recall it was supposed to lead to present day AC, but that was scrapped once they booted the main director and Desmond got rekt.
>>
>>380009808
As a fucking Egyptian historian this pisses me off. Why do the Pyramids still have their gold caps? Why aren't the statues painted? Why are they talking about an empire in the trailer? The Roman empire? That doesn't come along for QUITE a while. What the hell is this?

As a gamer, I'm just disappointed that the game looks almost identical to ACIII, just with desert instead of snow.
>>
>>380011506
A present day AC game would be trash, the only people who clamor for one are twelve year olds and autistic people.
>>
Egypt can fuck off>>380009808
>what do you think of the gameplay changes?
the what now? they changed the combat a bit, picked a different setting, but the core is still the same shit.
Even a cooler setting like the romance of the three kingdoms with huge armies clashing or a WW2 setting in an occupied country wont save this
>>
File: 2797643562_2880df3abc.jpg (27KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
2797643562_2880df3abc.jpg
27KB, 500x335px
>>380019434
>>380019196
To add this is an accurate photo of what skin the average person in Egypt would've had
>>
>>380019553
>skin
Not relevant. Look at the face, he's an arab. Has a great tan though
>>
>>380019465

Cracka history is wrong is what the Kang intellectuals over at Ubisoft are trying to tell us.
>>
>>380019465
>years
>QUITE a while

It took you QUITE a while to grew up into a literal retard.
>>
>>380020108
>2011+6
>Being this assblasted that someone doesn't like the new negro backstabber simulator
>>
>>380019465
>Why are they talking about an empire in the trailer? The Roman empire? That doesn't come along for QUITE a while.
Nigger you dum. They became a part of the empire 300 years before that with Alexander. Since then they kept changing hands
>>
>>380019434
No fuck they weren't subsaharan black. Even Numidians weren't technically subsaharan blacks. Yet they were black as fucking coal. Egyptians (well, lower and middle kingdom egyptians, as the upper kingdom by the sheer proximity of the Nubian "borders" seemed to be ethnically quite a different deal) were language and DNA-wise perhaps more proximate to contemporary jews and arabs: they had the same ethnical ancestors as modern-day semitic people do. Nubians, on the other hand, seemed to be more closely related to contemporary Ethiopeans and Eritreians: the predominantly Cushtic and Dogon groups, while lower/middle Egyptians seemed to be much more akin to Caanites and proto-semites.
>>
File: 1488211764017.jpg (47KB, 532x582px) Image search: [Google]
1488211764017.jpg
47KB, 532x582px
>>380009808
>Egyptian aesthetic
eh ok

>wall scaling and "stealth" looks the same as all the previous save for "eye in the sky"-birb
eh...

>loot system with generic rare/epic/legendary
lol okay

>random enemies too high level though guards of target are the right level for you
thats just bad desigh

>combat
>dat shield
>dat egyptsword
>dat shieldstance against big blunt weapon guy
>mfw
shield+one handed combat is my fucking weak spot
>>
>>380020347
>>random enemies too high level though guards of target are the right level for you
>thats just bad desigh
that was probably just thrown in to show that, unlike most AC games, you can't just freely slaughter everyone in your way
>>
>>380009808
It gives me Witcher 3 x Assassin's Creed vibes, and it's from the team that made the last good AC game, so yeah, I'm interested. I fucking hate what a shitstorm Unity was and didn't even buy their last game set in Victorian London or wherever.
>>
>>380020295
Except that Alexander won't show up in Egypt for another 20 YEARS you twit.
>>
>>380020591
What? Isn't the game set in 48 BC?
>>
people still play this after the first one? It's literally the same shit copy-pasted into another era lmao
>>
>>380020591
>Except that Alexander won't show up in Egypt for another 20 YEARS you twit.
The game is clearly set in post-alexandrian times. I mean DID YOU NOT SEE THE FUCKING LIGHTHOUSE OF ALEXANDRIA or what?
>>
>>380020951
If you had played past the first one you'd know otherwise
>>
>>380021028
I did mr. shill, it's exactly the same shit from the first one to this one gameplay wise, 1:1
>>
>>380020591
Cleopatra was born in 51 BC anon. The game takes place in 49 BC. Alexander has already been there. It's set in the Ptolemaic dynasty.

Damn, is it hard being (you)?
>>
File: 1476352335371.jpg (118KB, 1256x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1476352335371.jpg
118KB, 1256x1075px
>>380020542
>that was probably just thrown in to show that
Yeah probably

>unlike most AC games, you can't just freely slaughter everyone in your way
they should've distanced themselves from a level system and should've tried to do something like
>too many enemies at once= you're fucked
>enemy is too well equipped= you're fucked
but w/e. its a minor shitty feature imo. thought i saw a shield/spear combo which makes up for a whole lot in my book.
>>
>>380020951
I like the historical cities.
>>
>>380021174
Yeah, I sure do recall recruiting other assassins, naval combat, customization, and co-op in AC1
>>
>blocking
>no counter button
>dodging
>parrying
>the lock on movement
Seems fine

>the way attacks connect/the animation for swinging
Bad. Feels like it has some hitstun too.
>>
>>380020591
>>380020910
After his "death" in the 300's BCE, Alexander of Macedon was cryogenically frozen and kept alive with nanomachines, so that The Pharaohs could revive him in 49 BCE. Alexander took over Egypt with Sandal Gear, and was given the title Great Boss for his victory. Later on, Solid Moses defeated Great Boss, and fired Sandal Gear's nuclear warhead at the Red Sea. This parted it, allowing Solid Moses to take the Israelite POW hostages to safety.

Of course, you won't find any of this in the history books. Because it's retarded.
>>
File: 1481736121761.gif (2MB, 175x190px) Image search: [Google]
1481736121761.gif
2MB, 175x190px
>>380020951
>people still play CoD after MW?
>people still play Halo?
>people still play Tekken/MK, SF? ....
boi stfu and sit down
>>
>>380021260
>they should've distanced themselves from a level system and should've tried to do something like
>>too many enemies at once= you're fucked
>>enemy is too well equipped= you're fucked
I mean, most games should do that, but the level system is too easy to implement and too proven to work
>>
>>380021576
Makes sense. Sorry for called you retarded bro, preach
>>
>>380009808
>49BCE isn't Antiquity
Dunce
>>
>>380021576
Now you just have to explain what Moses was doing there in 49BC
>>
>>380021723
We are closer to Ptolemaic Egypt than Ptolemaic Egypt was to the building of the Great Pyramids (actual Ancient Egypt).
>>
>>380021765
I thought everyone knew he was a clone. What you really should be asking is "Why didn't Liquid Moses show up to stop him?"
>>
>>380009808
I'm not really sure why Ancient Egypt was peddled as a great idea for an Assassin's Creed game. The gameplay is not even particularly well suited to historical settings in general come to think of it.
>>
File: 1495606804210.jpg (100KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
1495606804210.jpg
100KB, 355x355px
>"eagle" drone
>assassinate the crocodile
>heat seeking arrows
>knife takedown

Is this fucking Far Cry in 3rd person?
>>
>>380017480
>>380019010

it was in the 4chan leak that now we know is legit. the guy there wrote that the second game will be in ancient greece but he doesn't know where the third part of trilogy will take place.
>>
I hope the bird has a skilltree where I can command it to attack people and shit

BIRD BUILD
>>
>>380022060
Link to it anon?
>>
>>380019010
Makes sense. They probably already have a lot of Greek assets, Alexandria should be pretty damn Greek in this game
>>
>>380015320
It's just an American black trying to sound vaguely African.
>>
>>380015668

I guess lions were coal black too then.
>>
File: 1492349888029.jpg (433KB, 1080x831px) Image search: [Google]
1492349888029.jpg
433KB, 1080x831px
>>380021576
underrated post
>>
>>380022219
They gon' make it black foo'!
>>
>>380022171

google "assassin's creed leak reddit" if you are not afraid of becoming le reddito ("New 4chan leak about AC Origins").

but I'm reading it right now and while he was correct about some things it seems he was wrong about the others... so I guess it might not be legit after all, sorry.
>>
>>380021860
That's a trick question. Who do you think was hiding in that bush?
>>
>>380016849
No, it was just a nickname because he conquered Carthago
>>
North African here, why do niggers always try to steal our history and why do white people let them do it infact, support it
>>
>>380022276
See, I hate that. If you're going to make the effort to put in an accent, at least put in the right one. If not, why did you even bother? I'm not even that finicky, I can understand making mistakes or occasionally dropping it, but as long as it's generally in the vicinity, OK, fine.

I just don't get it.
>>
File: nothing at all.gif (1MB, 396x337px) Image search: [Google]
nothing at all.gif
1MB, 396x337px
>>380022053
>Is this fucking Far Cry in 3rd person?

Basically. This is my major problem with ubisoft in general. They have no originality, if a mechanic is well received in one game, they'll cram it in the next entry of a completely unrelated franchise instead of coming up with something new or improving what's already there. People liked hunting in Far Cry 3? Better put it in every other game we develop for the next 5 years!

All their "open world" games may as well be one singular, unified series at this point.
>>
>>380023104
>French fucks make a game
>REEEEE NIGGERS
I swear to god you people are fucking retarded.
>>
>>380023104
Would be pretty cool if AC gets banned in Egypt. They ban shit like this all the time
>>
>>380022938
Another trick question. That was really a cardboard box with a picture of a bush on the side.
>>
>>380021851
Makes you wonder how the actual Egyptians felt about these Greek fucks dressing up as pharaos and shit.
>>
>>380023330
>french people
>not niggers
Oh sweetie, this isn't 1939 anymore...
>>
>>380023445
It's filled with fuckheads from ironically North Africa and the Middle East.
>>
>>380023391
They rebelled a lot but they could never dispose of them with Rome backing the Ptolemies
>>
>>380023330
Why does their nationality matter? Revisionism is cancer
>>
>BCE
They can stop using the Gregorian calendar for days too any time now.
>>
>>380009808
Why does a game have to be historically correct?
>>
>>380016374
Wouldn't it be cool to have AC set in Carthage? Everyone knows what Rome looked like, with Carthage you can create something interesting
>>
>>380023861
Because AC was always considered to be a time travel tourism game. Patrice Desilets said that himself in an old interview. If it's not believable, it's garbage
>>
>>380011727
these are the things that put me off it

it's a shame because I love the setting so much, I wanted it to be good
>>
>>380023764
why
>>
>>380024079
Have faith anon i think the game will be ok
>>
>>380023238
This. Fucking this.

Ubisofy has been creatively bankrupt for years so any time they are able to churn out a singular idea that works they hang on to it for dear life until everyone and their uncle are sick of it.

This dawned upon meat AC3.
>>
>>380022121
>shield tree
>throws it like captain america
>bird tree
>bird grabs shield and then bonks nearby guards
>then does an air assassination using his Hidden Talons
>>
ASSASSIN KANGZ
>>
>>380015181
He looks like Desmond.
>>
I just want it to be more like Black flag. Good characters and good exploring. I think the combat so far is much better that the previous counter bs. I've always hated that combat. At least for this I can properly manually dodge attacks now.
>>
As much as I like Egyptian settings this kind of still just looks like the same game I've already played multiple times now. It was the whole reason I finally just fell out of the series.
Just now with looting?
>>
>>380012793
>There was some giant snake in the trailer.
Giant enemy crabs when?
>>
>>380024321
>bird tree
>command the bird to poop on people's heads
>if you stand still, the bird will perch on your arm, disguising yourself as a tree
>when not in use, the bird can automatically collect some of the hundreds/thousands of tedious collectibles that are inevitably going to fill the game world like a plague of locusts
>>
I like the fucking part at 4:40 where the arrow bend down the stairs
>>
>>380024859
This. Black flag was great.
>>
>>380024995
>disguising yourself as a tree
A tree tree to improve your tree stealthing.
>>
>>380024165
Its intellectually insulting and is a politically correct weapon to instill fear of muslims. For 2000 and 10 years nobody got offended on how we counted dates. But then some snowflake stated, what if Muslims get offended? Lets remove Jesus from the calendar that was created based on predictions on when he walked the Earth, which took thousands of years to get right on the Catholics' part.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/borisjohnson/8788464/BC-or-BCE-The-BBCs-edict-on-how-we-date-events-is-AD-absolute-drivel.html

You don't really have to be Christian to see why this is wrong. You're using their calendar but removed the name. Search modern calendar and you get:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_calendar
>>
>>380009808
>See the beginning of the trailer
Oh cool, this looks promising -
>it's another ass creed episode
May God have no mercy on the employees at Ubisoft.
>>
>>380009808
Looks comfy as fuck
>>
>>380024859
Well the Black Flag team are the ones who are making Origins
>>
>>380017204
Dude, you took the words out of all of our mouths.
>>
>>380025076
i didn't think it had anything to do with muslims but ok
>>
>>380025076
>thinking this has anything to do with being politically correct to muslims

I think it's more the atheists and freemasons who stood behind the BCE thing.
>>
>>380011757
The Witcher thing may not even qualify as a leak since Ubi did say they were going to look at W3 for inspiration when it comes to combat. It's just that /v/ has a habit of saying "fake" even when proof is provided
>>
>>380025197
So it's gonna be one shitty gimmick piled on top of one of the worst Ass Creed games and for some reason people will love it?
>>
>>380025365
>he doesn't understand that muslims use liberals to promote values of Islam
You're like a little baby
>>
>>380009808
It looks like shit, even Unity looked better. The combat looks atrocious, and it looks like they didn't do anything with the parkour shit so it's still the same awkward jittery shit that happened with the engine from Unity game. Even though it's alpha I doubt they'll improve ANYTHING for release. Fuck Ubisoft, smug pseudo-french faggots.
>>
I'll be skipping it unless it gets the same kind of praise Black Flag got on here.
>>
>some half-baked discount Dark Souls combat
>same shitty stealth gameplay with some more gimmick weapons that aren't as good as the hidden blade
>overpowered bow
>tedious loot system
>>
>>380011903
>>AC1, II, Brotherhood, Revalations,

I stopped caring after these.
Ezio being charismatic and likable, combined with me wanting to see his story through out of obligation more than enjoyment of the games, were the only things that got me through those games.
>>
>>380009808
>ass creed mixed with For Honor combat and Far Cry Primal stuff

WHY
>>
I haven't played an AC game since the first one, because it sucked. Did the series get better? The story of the games sounds like straight garbage.
>>
File: 1490617281676.jpg (51KB, 570x761px) Image search: [Google]
1490617281676.jpg
51KB, 570x761px
>>380025624
Revelations was pretty bad, but 2 and B were good.
>mfw Venice carnevale memory
>>
>>380009808
I going to bet that they're going to do a fucking caveman next

Or maybe an nigger in literal no where
>>
>>380025712
Not really. It's pretty much the same game repeated with more and more awful busywork added on top of it with each game.

Well the mission structure is a bit better and slightly less tedious starting with AC2, but all the busywork kinda brings it down to pure tedium again. If you want to play it ignore everything apart from the main missions and maybe the obligatory super armor/weapon missions and you might have an enjoyable weekend.
>>
>>380017667
In the games when you hunt down and kill the Borgias towards the end of both 2 and brotherhood.
Outside of the games when Ezio dies in the animated short movie they made
>>
Looks like they just made the game bloodbourne.

Literally why
>>
>>380025326
Fine. Its the fake news corporations and le happy merchants. But you have to admit. Current Era is 100% using the Christian calendar in every way but name. Its the most Templar thing you could have imagined to happen in recent memory.
>>
>>380025757
I always quite liked Revelations, more than Brotherhood at any rate. It has the most refined gameplay of the Ezio series, the least amount of Desmond shit, a neat city to explore(Rome never gave me that epic historical city feel that it should have). Story was crap though but then that's been the case since the first game.
>>
>>380024786
He has the lip scar too. I wonder if this means they'll be bringing Desmond back into the modern day story somehow.
>>
>>380026273
you could say the same thing about the gregorian calendar being almost exactly identical to the julian calendar. no one really cares
>>
>>380009808
what does BCE mean isn't it BC
>>
>>380026553
Before Christ, Ewwwww
>>
>>380026553
either term works, take your pick
>>
>>380026553
Before Common Era
It's the correct term in academia now. Because poltiically/scientifically correct and all.
>>
>>380013254
are you retarded?
>>
>>380026519
Completely different, and fucking ignorant. Gregorian Calendar fixed the time skips that occurred under Julian Calendar. We have the leap year formula today because of the gregorian calendar, or else we'd lose track of time again.
https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/julian-gregorian-switch.html

If you are counting backwards in time today you are using the Gregorian calendar and not the Julian calendar.
In 4000 years the gregorian calendar will fall out of sync, and so will current era faggots, because theirs is just a reskin.
>>
>>380026553
>>380026762
They should have done it Lindybeige style and just changed the meaning of BC/AD to mean something less Christian so we won't have to get a new system and learn two different terms.

Or not give a fuck because it's such a mongoloid thing to get upset about.
>>
>>380025076
The reason people use CE is because it's more reliable.

If we're just basing it on when christ lived, when was that? Oh shit well nobody fucking knows when that was, or even if the man existed.

Oh so maybe that isn't a good thing to base our calendar on, so even if its a similar date, its best to use that date for seemingly no reason, that way no one can claim that the date shouldn't be used for a certain reason.
>>
>>380026078
>busywork
Exactly my main gripe with the game, though I enjoyed the time period and setting.
>>
>>380027153
>Lindybeige
my man
>>
>>380026914
Man you're real autistic about calendars.
>>
>>380013460
It's actually not in Roman Egypt.

It's in Ptolemaic Egypt, under the Greco-Macedonian pharoahs. In its final years it was heavily Greek influenced but the Romans had made it into a virtual vassal kingdom.

Honestly the best time they could have set it in really. You've got ancient Egyptians, Greeks, Romans etc. all running around in a kingdom on the verge of collapse.
>>
>>380027285
Think they'll place the burning of the library at this time? Caesar is one of the suspects.
>>
>>380025076
So in other words you're a butthurt christfag.
>>
>>380027165
It's called anno Domini because we literally live in a world where salvation is possible because of the teachings of Him who conquered death.
>>
>>380025482
This may SHOCK you but not everyone is so obsessed with Muslims that they view everything in the world in terms of them.
>>
>>380025443
drink bleach to get rid of that horrible taste you have
>>
>>380026914
then why not call it the refined julian calendar since that's exactly what it is?
>>
>>380018302
>There was no mass migration, no mass movement in Egypt since that time. Should be the same people

What are you talking about?

Between the 8th and 13th centuries hundreds of thousands of Arab Bedouin migrated into North Africa, including Egypt.
>>
>>380013003
black magic.
i hope we gets them lighnin ability
>>
>>380027165
It's just a damn name though. We aren't changing any dates here.

I don't see people crying in the streets because English uses Germanic Pagan gods for names of weekdays and Hellenistic Roman gods for month names.
>>
File: considerthefollowing.png (293KB, 800x424px) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.png
293KB, 800x424px
>>380027382
No doubt it'll be one of the missions. They have to try and cram in as much history as possible.

inb4 missions about

>burning the library
>accidentally knocking the nose of the Sphinx
>sneaking Cleopatra into the palace under siege so that she can meet Caesar wrapped in a carpet
>killing the young Ptolemy XII and making it look as though he drowned
>finishing the game by assassinating Julius and letting Brutus take the blame for it
>>
File: bIavaVE.jpg (78KB, 274x588px) Image search: [Google]
bIavaVE.jpg
78KB, 274x588px
>>380009808
>playing AC after BotW
Looks like shit. Looks so fucking dated by now. The original AC had good ideas but it was just rehash after rehash and that retarded fucking story.
>>
I'm actually bothered by the giant snake. Doesn't fit with the historical setting and not something that Assassin's Creed really does.
>>
I-I thought egyptians are arab.
>>
>>380024068
That doesnt mean it has to be historically correct
>>
>>380027969
I just assumed that was because of the whole "soft reboot" thing, whatever that even means. Then again, Ezio could see that bigass squid in one of AC2's dungeons, he never fought it though
>>
>>380027969
So mind control tech from Atlantis is fine but a giant snake isn't?
>>
>>380027582
Fuck you. It's so damn overrated. People make it seem like it's this amazing pirate game when in reality it's just incredibly surface level pirate mechanics that makes fucking Pirates! 2004 look like the Dwarf Fortress of pirate games on top of some of the worst Assassins Creed missions in the series.
>>
>>380027930
I want to help try to save Pompey the Great. He was a bro.
>>
why are atheist so hellbent on erasing any trace of christianity? did they really got triggered about a calendar just because a pope made it?
>>
>>380027964
BoTW was a flavor of the month trash game.

Haven't seen anyone talk about it.
>>
>>380027165
CE = Christian Era ;^)
>>
>>380028095
Yeah but giant squids are an actual thing.
>>380028104
Yes, that's exactly right. It is a fine line that I draw. Mainly that all that tech comes from the civilization before history not part of actual history.
>>
>>380027969
something something ancient guardian created by the precursor race
>>
>>380028150
Why christcucks so hellbent on being victims?
>>
>>380015181
That's what an arab looks like when he's been in the sun. All those white skinned looking ones look that way because they work indoors... He doesn't look black at all
>>
>tfw everyone knows that AC Japan is their last resort

If origins fails, do you think they will pull the ninja card?
>>
>>380028150
Yes, atheism isn't Sciencism though
>>
>>380028002
Only partly. It's mostly a meme perpetuated by Arab nationalists like Nasser since the 1950s. Traditionally Egyptians have always considered themselves a distinct people for like 6000 people up until the modern day.

Quite a lot of Arabs moved into Egypt in the early middle ages though.

>>380028115
>Cleopatra orders you to stop her brother from killing Pompey
>coincides with the Brotherhood's objectives
>you race against a "Templar" agent who has been sent to assassinate him
>fail and watch as he gets murdered and his head pickled
>HE WAS A CONSOLE OF ROME
>>
>>380027930
God I hate this aspect of AssCreed. It's just makes it feel like a shitty educational Saturday morning cartoon's bad attempt to trick kids into learning some history in between the fart jokes.
>>
File: 1.gif (444KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
444KB, 500x351px
>>380028173
I can't win until it wins all the GOTY awards and see all the buttblasted Sony drones throw a frenzy
>>
>>380019196
If only the ancient egyptians preserved some of their people's bodies.
>>
>>380028251
because you pussies give Islam a free pass
>>
>>380027602
I'm not against that at all. If you think about it there's actual differences between the calendars and so they get different names, but there is no difference in BCE/CE and BC/AD. We are still using the modern calendar, down to the nuclear clocks. So its an injustice on its own.
vsause did a video on this.
https://youtu.be/IJhgZBn-LHg?t=698
>>
>>380027165
we're essentially using an estimate from the 6th century, because one guy wanted to change things. the reasoning? he didn't want to refer to the diocletian era, because diocletian persecuted christians hundreds of years prior
>>
File: 1497230170193.png (157KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497230170193.png
157KB, 512x512px
>>380009808
>hey guys lets make a new asscreed game
>okay but we need to do something different
>I KNOW
>BREATH OF THE WILD WAS A SUPER HYPE GAME AND SOLD A FUCKTON OF CONSOLES
>LETS JUST COPY THAT
>also a level up system
>and a drone

i didnt expect anything else of ubishit and im still disappointed
>>
>>380028150
You are saying it like you aren't an atheist as well.
>>
>>380009808
To put myself in frank's shoes, I'm actually looking forward to this game
>>
For those of you wondering why no pyramids, because can you imagine him doing the leap of faith off a pyramid into a haystack?

Yeah, that wouldn't work.
>>
>>380028317
Karl Marx in Syndicate was the last drop to me
>>
>>380028430
lmao okay that isn't true at all my dude.

Atheists are really the ONLY people who aren't giving Islam a free pass. Besides, that doesn't give you a right to force whatever you want on people, just like they would do.
>>
>>380028317
Hey anything that educates normies in history is fine by me, even if it is obviously slightly fictionalised.

e.g. Rome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Pr1V6_N3c
>>
>>380028357
If only they didn't almost exclusively preserve the bodies of the ruling elite and not your average Egyptian peasant.
>>
>>380028537
The ones giving muslims a free pass aren't the atheists. They're the retard gluten-free morphic resonance neo-hippy kumbaya leftists who "aren't religious" but are "spiritual".
>>
>>380028534
Can you even climb up a pyramid when it's smooth?
>>
>>380028490
I am sorry I don't hate human life
>>
>>380026553
It's a term that annoys Christfags because it makes more sense.
>>
>>380028835
how does "Common Era" make any sense?
>>
>>380009808
WE WUZ ASSA'INS N SHEIT
>>
>>380028790
Yeah and those people are the small minority of people, however since they have lots of money they get pandered to by companies and the media.
>>
>>380009808
eh, good enough. i wasnt surprised about the kangz aspect, i do however think that african soldier accent of the character is weird. also if we're playing in this time period they could have done rome or some other roman and greek cities
>>
>>380022060
the leak WASN'T legit. the leaker said the game would be 1200 or 1500 BC or something like that, ancient egypt not fucking ptolemaic
>>
>>380028239
you know what isn't an actual thing? genetic memory vr machines used to research ancient sun aliens

>>380028251
it's their thing. they love martyrdom, and that's what has brought them success. they're just so good at being fed to lions
>>
>>380028976
also said you'd help Moses IIRC
>>
>>380011642
WUT YOU BE SAYN

HOL' UP NOW

SO YOU BE SAYN

THAT A BROTHA FROM THE DESERT AIN' A BLACK MAN?
>>
File: Nofretete_Neues_Museum.jpg (356KB, 1282x1877px) Image search: [Google]
Nofretete_Neues_Museum.jpg
356KB, 1282x1877px
Queen Nefertiti, painted limestone bust from Amarna period, 1350 BCE.
>>
>Scota is the name given to mythological daughters of two different Egyptian pharaohs in Irish mythology, Scottish mythology and pseudohistory. Though legends vary, all agree that a Scota was the ancestor of the Gaels, who traced their ancestry to Irish invaders, called Scotti, who settled in Argyll and Caledonia, regions which later came to be known as Scotland after their founder.
WE
>>
>>380028598
Apart from Vorenus and Pullo Rome is built around the focus of famous historical people and their actions that changed history. In Asscreed you are just some random guy who out of coincidence meets all the cool historical people and do all the cool historical moments because isn't this cool, you read about this in the history books in school and it turns out YOU were the one who made it happen *wink* *wink* fucking dope right!?

Having a historical character make a little cameo is fine and all, but don't go overboard with it. It just cheapens the story more than it already is.
>>
>>380028681
There are MILLIONS of Egyptian bodies found in every place in Egypt
>>
>>380029458
And how many of them have DNA that can be easily studied? Even in well preserved mummies of royalty it's hard as balls to get any good DNA.
>>
>>380009808
I was rather scared that the pyramids wouldn't have their marble outer layer. Honestly, I can't see any revisionist history here other than cool shit like giant snakes. I have no idea what people are still having a hissy fit about.
>>
>>380029416
Gaelic and Biblical Hebrew both use VSO word order and inflected prepositions. Israel belongs to the Irish.
>>
>>380019231
>not octavian
cleopatra and anthony were just degenerates
>>
>>380009808
You will die, Medunamun!
>>
File: 1484400819616.jpg (7KB, 224x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484400819616.jpg
7KB, 224x200px
In 1974 Egyptologists visiting his [Rameses the Great's] tomb noticed that the mummy's condition was rapidly deteriorating and flew it to Paris for examination.[72] Ramesses II was issued an Egyptian passport that listed his occupation as "King (deceased)".[73] The mummy was received at Le Bourget airport, just outside Paris, with the full military honours befitting a king.[74]
>>
>>380029667
The snake is an Egyptian mythology thing and it looked like that he was in a tomb so probably a spell making him hallucinate or some shit
>>
>>380030354
Didn't they also find that he was a redhead and fair of skin?
>>
>>380029458
yeah, over 92 million in fact
>>
>>380029667
>giant snakes
>hissy fit
dammit carlos
>>
>>380030506
Yeah.

WE WUZ CELTS
>>
>>380030726
lebor gabala gets more true every day
>>
>>380028150
>let's remove Christ from calendar
>but keep the year count
>the year count that started when Christ born
Retarded as fuck. literally the cry of a baby.
>>
>>380030506
Yup.

A lot of people seem to think of Egyptians as one people that never changed in millennia, so you have Tutankhamun who was probably more arab dark, and people like Ramesses II that was quite light.
>>
>>380030506
That's pretty freaky actually. Huh
>>
>>380030506
>the shit pharaoh was white
Pottery
>>
>>380031274
>>the shit pharaoh was white
>Rameses the Great
>widely consider the greatest pharoah of Egyptian history
>shit
>>
>>380030726
what are ye talkin about laddie?

now wait jest a wee minute

either you're havin a go or...

we were all pharaohs and the like?
Thread posts: 531
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.