[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get a 1080 or 1080 ti? I want to finally play the prettiest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1493980732068.png (207KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
1493980732068.png
207KB, 403x433px
Should I get a 1080 or 1080 ti? I want to finally play the prettiest games with no performance problems, but I'm poor and I don't know that much about graphics cards. Will the standard GTX 1080 be enough, or should I just not and hold onto the dream of getting a Ti one day? I have a radeon 290 right now.
>>
Please respond
>>
Could you list your specifications? And your only going to upgrade the video card? Have you checked if the video card will fit in your case? Some cards can be quite big. Take a check if your powersupply is strong enough to deliver enough power to the card. Also, its not only the graphics card thats needed for good performance, if your cpu/ram is lacking it will bottleneck your cpu.
>>
File: pc.png (19KB, 510x362px) Image search: [Google]
pc.png
19KB, 510x362px
>>380010905
Does it look okay? I'll have to check on the power supply and size, but I hope it'll be okay.
>>
>>380008675
are you trying to do 4k? are you trying to do vr?

doing 1080p/60 doesnt require a 1080ti for anything currently out i dont think. So you are basically just asking if the performance difference between 1080 and 1080ti is worth like 300 dollars to you.
>>
>>380011264

also anon are you trying to just *run* every game that is out on decent fps? or are you trying to get like, max ultra settings on everything?

because your cpu seems kind of weak too for the highest of end stuff, but just running a game to get 60 on medium or something isn't that hard to do.
>>
>>380011264
Quick thing about he monitor: a gtx 1080 is somewhat overkill if you're going to be running on 1080p. It's more of a card meant for 4k setups.
>>
In what way is a 290 not enough?

It should be able to handle just about anything 1080 60fps on high settings.
>>
>>380012091
yeah. i agree with this anon. if you are going to be spending 1080ti money you might as well get like 1080+ spend the 300 to upgrade some other stuff. (you might need a stronger power supply/better cpu/different motherboard depending)
>>
>>380011640
I mean, they would be nice to look into in the future, but right now I just at least want to be able to play really pretty games on the highest settings at 60. How much of a difference is there between the standard 1080 and the Ti?

>>380011993
Maximum settings would be nice, I'm tired of having to settle for shitty graphics and even then still having low framerates. Will my CPU really kill me that badly if I try?

>>380012091
>>380012319
That's a shame. I was hoping it was just my graphics card that needed upgrading. I hope I'll be able to upgrade those too. I just want to live the master race dream already.

>>380012215
It can't handle things like modded skyrim, vanilla FO4 or Witcher 3.
>>
>>380012654
i feel like you should be able to run w3.

go to canirunit, check the games you most want to play and see what parts of your pc aren't enough.

1080ti really is overkill though. and its like 300 dollars more. so getting a 1080 is fine, but you'll probably need to upgrade more than that for ultra for some things.

you should keep in mind though some settings really aren't huge difference makers visually despite the massive performance requirements. so id aim for like, 60 fps + high instead of 60 fps+ ultra, no reason to kill yourself spending another 500 dollars just to look marginally better. Unless you have a bunch of money to throw around.
>>
Do you have maybe an estimate on how much you are willing to spend on upgrading your pc?
>>
>>380013141
I mean, it still sounds better than what I'm getting in most cases with modded skyrim and FO4 at the moment, and knowing that the potential is there as long as I can upgrade some other stuff is nice too. Thanks guys, I think I'll just go with the standard 1080 then.
>>
>>380013716
As much as I can beg my mommy for. Even this is a long shot, but it's worth a try.
>>
>>380013738
make sure you have the power supply for it beforehand.

and np anon you attracted me with a sad anime girl.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.