[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>charge for base game >charge for each expansion >still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Kan-E-Senna_Airship.jpg (125KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kan-E-Senna_Airship.jpg
125KB, 1600x900px
>charge for base game
>charge for each expansion
>still paying $15 a month

Why do mmos still do this? the 15 a month has to be the biggest jew move ever to the gaming industry
>>
>Charges for cosmetic items
>Charges to skip playing the game

Also I guess the whole having to buy the game and expansions for each platform you play it on. Windows license is separate from Mac and PS4.
>>
File: 1494891768982.jpg (112KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494891768982.jpg
112KB, 960x768px
>>380007378
well OP, give us a solution. all i see is whining about things you dont like.
>>
>>380008369
The solution is to not charge money for a game you already bought monthly.
>>
>>380008436
shame its never gonna happen. jump shit anon mmos aint for you.
>>
>>380007378
>has to be the biggest jew move ever to the gaming industry

that award still goes to the horse armor dlc, but yeah, mmo subscriptions are in 2017 are a joke
>>
File: 1449454576074.png (53KB, 1040x648px) Image search: [Google]
1449454576074.png
53KB, 1040x648px
>have a couple friends playing, so give the free trial a shot
>like 5 hours in
>not getting better
>still not getting better
>find out there's a sub fee
>>
>>380009574
Where do I know you from?
>>
I've played mmos for so long, $15 a month is nothing you get like what, 60-120 hours or more out of that.

I'd pay $30 if they made ALL content fucking relevant, what irks me is how just the new crap is worth a shit, usually the entire world as well. What's the point in having a huge fucking world when 80% of the population is hanging afk in cities with nothing to do a month after release, but wait for weekly lockouts for the latest dungeon the stupid expansion brought in.
>>
File: 1449819543372.png (77KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
1449819543372.png
77KB, 540x303px
>>380010023
OOOPS, BUSTED
>>
I wish the mmo model was redone. I want a casual mmo you can hop in out of and just play a standard rpg. I don't want an easy or no gameplay experience either.
>>
>>380007378
So have you looked into the ongoing costs of running an MMO at all?
>>
File: 1420563627333.jpg (6KB, 137x200px) Image search: [Google]
1420563627333.jpg
6KB, 137x200px
>>380010423
the cost is no more bigger than running an online multiplayer gamer where you buy once and pay never again. at least that is how it was done prior to the cancer that is microtransactions
>>
>>380010423
The highest ratio of ongoing costs of a mmo is staff pay.
>>
>>380010110
Go work on achievements, pvp, raise up other classes, craft. There's always something to do, you just don't want to do it.

Granted some of those activities I don't like either but afking in town crying "there's nothing to do!" is false. There is something to do, you just don't like that content.
>>
>>380011508
Not to defend mmo's busy work, but a lot of the side content is literally just busy work. Crafting and shit isnt fun to most players. People don't buy WoW, for instance, to craft and mine. They play it mainly to have an avatar of destruction and heroism. All that side shit is just to lead to enhancing said thing, and most of the time in the value of gold.

So people afking in the cities is mostly cause they're content where they stand power and wealth wise. None of that shit is fun.
>>
>>380009359
I'd rather have a sub than p2w bullshit. At least with a sub it keeps out all the poorfags and third world trash. Why do you think GW2 community is so awful?
>>
>>380011779
I wish these side activities felt as fleshed out as the main games system and gameplay loop. It feels like a tacked on fishing minigame. You wouldn't tell someone to buy a game for it but it exists or something.
>>
>>380011508
No I don't want to just be told to do shit just because they can't make legit old content relevant again, I rather unsub if the only "meaningful" content is locked behind stupid weekly lockouts to keep me paying the sub. As I said I'd pay big bucks just to have more content relevant, but being manipulated like a retard into paying a monthly fee to play 4 days a month? and the rest is just wait for lockouts or do retarded chores and farm achievement points no one cares about, fuck that shit.
>>
>>380012134
You act like p2w shit is the only solution. It's the only solution if I were a greedy jew and Im sure you're saying that cause these are businessmen running mmos, and not game developers.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.