[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does a competitive shooter have a character that can kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 8

File: file.png (163KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
163KB, 350x400px
Why does a competitive shooter have a character that can kill people without aiming?

What kind of design is this? Why would you make a character that essentially has a flamethrower that auto-locks onto you and deals more damage the longer it's locked? You can't get away from her. She makes eye contact with you and you die.
>>
File: 1471072585843.png (181KB, 400x337px) Image search: [Google]
1471072585843.png
181KB, 400x337px
why indeed...
>>
>>380000743
The Engineer has to aim his shotgun. His shotgun does not automatically home in on the enemy by holding left-click. Symmetra does not have to aim.
>>
Reaper and McCree fuck her up easy tho
>>
>200hp
>no range passed melee distance other than 1mph projectile

OP is a salty genji
>>
>>380000821
Nigga do you know what a sentry gun is?
Thats what that anon was implying.
>>
>>380001114

She has a 60% winrate in every skill bracket.

I don't think it's just Genji players at that point.
>>
>>380001829
nobody besides genji scrubs complain about her, not even hanzofags. stop shifting your problems on us faggot
>>
>>380000587
Overwatch "competitive"

LUL I'm GM every season, this game is a meme. The fact that no movement acceleration exists means its a shit competitive game.
>>
>>380000587

>shooter

what the fuck is wrong with your perception of reality my friend, 4 roles, objective based, abilities and cartoony politically correct bullshit, if you want a shooter go get Quake Champions, at least there deathmatch makes sense, OW has too much abilities and flashy shit
>>
>>380000743
Short circuit alt-fire can kill w/o aiming but I think it's pretty reasonable considering how obnoxious spies are and how short the range is.
>>
>>380000743
The sentry can't move. It's very loud and can be detected before you're within its range. The time it takes for it to lock onto you is slightly slower than the average player's reaction speed, giving you the opportunity to turn back or escape.
>>
>>380000743
The sentry is easily baitable without an active email engineer, and easily dispatched by a demoman, soldier, or even a scout if around a corner.

Meanwhile symmetra's turrets just slow you down so she can w+m1 you and deal 300 damage in 4 seconds.
>>
symm is fun but its easy to shut her down, once the attacking team adapts its over. Her high winrate is because most teams take too long, instead of just immediately switching off.

>m-muh 29% Ult charge
>>
ITT, scrubs mad because they're getting rocked by a low tier character that's not viable in competitive.
>>
File: emojichu.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
emojichu.jpg
1B, 486x500px
> ow
> competitive
>
>>
>>380003586
Post rank
>>
>complaining about sym
>the character who has to stay practically in melee range, takes time to even reach her full damage, and is only ever successful in a 1v1 ambush

Anon, you need to stop running off into small rooms by yourself. and if you do run into a small room with her then just learn to shoot her in the fucking face.
>>
The range before the buff took skill but was still pretty powerful and you had to actively dance around people to kill them otherwise they'd disengage.

Now it's a lot more forgiving and people can't disengage so easily.
>>
>>380000587
>You can't get away from her.
nice b8
>>
>Mercy
>Have to hold left click while aiming in a 120 degree facing your ally

>Lucio
>Run around while spamming slow moving projectiles and hoping they hit.

Overwatch is a garbage game. I have no idea how it picked up.
>>
>>380003896
>>380001114
>melee range
you haven't played in a while, they buffed it
>>
>>380004361
My bad anon
>Slightly past melee range
>>
Sym (and everyone else in the support class except for Ana) exists so people with dogshit aim (myself included) can be useful. She also has a hard time getting kills unless literally nobody pays attention to her for the 3 seconds it takes the beam to charge, so I see no reason to be butthurt
>>
>>380003704
1847, almost gold!
>>
>>380002416
>i cant ski around like an autistic sanic so its bad

so glad they dont make games for your types anymore. youre stuck in your 20-30 year old containment games like quake
>>
>>380004452
>Slightly past melee range
Do you even play the game?
>>
>>380000587
psshhht
dont go near her lol
>>
Best girl
>>
>>380000587
if you're long range you can kill her from a distance and most short range heroes outdamage her
>>
>>380007276
>Runs to you with ther shield in front forcing you to back off hopefully not into a wall.
>>
>>380000587
Overwatch-meta-discussions surely belong to its general
>>
>>380004752
>I'm so glad they don't make games anymore where you have to get at least a little bit good
>>
>>380003149
Sym's high heels are just like the other two semen summoners (widow and mercy). You can easily hear her with headphones. I get a raging hard on from hearing those heels.
>>
>>380004752
>I'm so glad they don't make games anymore where skill is a requirement for getting good
>>
>>380002416
You serious?
What heroes do you play?
Mccree and soldier i assume.
>>
>>380008307
he's completely right tho
you're either at full speed or standing still
>>
>>380003704

Nigga, it's like ranking in a party game, who cares what your rank is.
>>
>>380007919
I know, right? We need more E-celeb and /pol/ whining threads in /v/
>>
>>380000587
Because overwatch is SJW Pandering: The Game.

Autistic faggots don't have the skills to aim properly.

As such, we end up with literally retarted sand niggers like this.

Then SJWs jerk off at (((Blizzard))) including them.
>>
>>380002627
>quake champions
you are worse than an overwatch scrub, get the fuck out of my quake
Quake live is where the real niggers are at
>>
>>380008636
>retarted

nigga what you got against remaking pop tarts
>>
>>380007045
Sure, if you can get used to living while finding shit in every room
>>
>>380000587
Shes short ranged, has no escapes, and the only way to close the gap is to run up to you.

She is literally "awareness" the character. If you lack it, she'll ruin your day. If you have even a smidge of it, you'll ruin hers.
>>
Overwatch isn't a competitive shooter. Overwatch is an FPS moba.

It's a new flavor of assfaggots.
>>
>You can't get away from her.

That's why you kill her.
>>
>>380008549
>Strawmaning THIS hard
lol
>>
>>380009034
Spoken like someone whos never played the game. Keep on spreadin the meme though.
>>
>>380007706
>takes two steps to the right and shoots you in your dumb face
>>
>>380009169
I played the game for a few months up to diamond. It's a moba. Deal with it, faggot.
>>
>>380009112
The only reasons you can die is because of a bad engage, a reaper that know how to aim and hanzo scatter arrow, not really an argument there.
>>
Since when is a 7 meter lock-on melee range with a 10 meter break okay when everyone but two heros move at the same speed?
She should get a movement penalty while using her primary.
>>
>>380008176
>>380008041

The skill you're talking about is literally a bug in every game it's in though, so it wasn't "made" for those games either.
It's a retarded skill anyway. If you want people to master a movement based skill in your game come up with something better than jumping around like a retard or at least incorporate it into your game like Tribes did.
>>
>>380009302
Sure you did, and I'm sure that a FPS is the same as a platformer because you can run and jump in it.
>>
>>380009302
You don't know what a MOBA is.
>>
>>380009302
>its multiplayer with online functuality
>you're fighting with other people that have skills and stuff
>in a small map that can be called arena
>"whatever thats not what we're going to call it! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>380009145
>every single discussion about a game needs to be in its general
>that way we can have more fapping and bait threads
>>
yeah it's pretty fucked up that her beam has the range of the entire map like wow that's overpowered maybe blizzard that she can just lock on to you at any range

wait a second

hold on

hey

no it can't be

but
>>
>>380009202
>She has her shield up so she has 250 hp and is jumping all over your face while her rapebeam homes in on you at 350 degrees around her
>>
>>380000587
This game was made for people who have never touched a video game before. The game is made to pander to "that" audience
>>
>>380010010
>the same threads about the balancing and the META of a game should be spammed non-stop on here instead of discussing it in the general that exists for this very reason
>>
>Symmerta thread
>No ass images
I'm disappointed
>>
I'm so sick of her, there is one every fucking match
>>
File: 1465085892882.jpg (64KB, 842x872px) Image search: [Google]
1465085892882.jpg
64KB, 842x872px
>>380000587
>competitive shooter
>overwatch

they got you kids fooled big time
>>
Because she's autistic,
>>380010846
>>
>>380010563
>you are not allowed to post anything serious about a game on /v/ if it has its own general

You just killed more than half of /v/ that way
>>
>>380009490
Base movement speed is irrelevant and you know it so don't even bring up those pointless stats.

The only thing that matters in escaping a Symmetra who has you in her preferred range is whether or not you have a movement/block ability. Genji, Tracer, Soldier, Pharah, (sometimes) Reaper, Mercy, Lucio, Junkrat, Mei, Hanzo, Widow, Reinhardt, D.va, and Winston can get away from her quite easily. Roadhog used to be able to just instantly kill her with the hook but even after the change hooking her will make her stop firing so the beam strength decays while she's being hooked and that's usually good enough to kill her.
>>
>>380009034
You are absolutely correct

There is absolutely no way a real shooter can be relevant with todays audience
>>
>>380007045
Truth

>>380008851
Begone memester faggot
>>
>>380000587
I hate ov, but your complaint is shit: they have it because shoother with only shooting would be boring, on-rails garbage
>>
>>380011081
oh, you're just pretending right?

>agree to the rules
>ignore those rules
>wonder why this board is so shitty
hmmmmm
>>
>>380012116
>posting "go back to /vg/" in every thread you don't like is making /v/ better
>>
I mean obviously quake tribes or unreal are better than overwatch, but at least overwatch is better than countershit or any ADS game. Any game that expects you to stop moving before you shoot is a shitty game, you should be moving fast while shooting.
>>
>>380012402
>not sending heavily criminal refugees back to their contries is making germany better
lol
>>
>>380000587
>getting killed by Symmetra
>muh """"""competitive""""""
my fucking side gods
>>
>>380013509
Its the same like when people complained about Pyro in TF2. It was always the shittiest players who lack any degree of awareness who'd complain.
>>
>>380013270
>4chan is like real life man!
>>
>>380013509
t symmetra main
>>
>>380013723
I'd say sym is way better than pyro. Maybe if pyro also had a shield and ranged attack while either teleporting her team or giving them 75 extra hp and having 6 turrets that slow.
>>
>>380013724
>the internet is not a real thing actually
>>
>>380014020
She is, but thats also cause the Pyro was nerfed into the ground.
>>
>>380014112
>you are irrational because you don't equate threads with refugees and boards with countries
>>
The best sex I ever had was this india girl that lived down the street. She wasn't even a freak or had the best body. It was just so fucking sensual, shit was magic
>>
>>380008491
You're rank doesn't make you good but if you can't get out of masters then you probably can't aim for shit. Being in GM doesn't mean shit since they've made it easier and easier every season since they introduced it. That and people who play meta characters that don't have to aim make it into GM.
>>
>>380013724
>the internet is not a real thing actually
now you're getting absurd
>>
>>380014224
>its completely ok for >>380013724 tho!
this are some funny rules for a discussion
>>
>>380000587
I swear, everytime I like her and look at an Over watch thread it's someone complaining about shit that was an issue literally week one of the game.

I'm convinced that no one that talks about OW here is above silver, and just parrots shit they've seen on Youtube.
>>
>>380000587
>Why does a competitive shooter have a character that can kill people without aiming?
Because team-based FPS games have always been casual as fuck. That's why competitive TF2 is so different from the actual game.
Overwatch is even more casual than TF2 but has a way bigger focus on being competitive, and ends up failing at both.
>>
>>380015210
What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>380014649
Technically they've made it harder, since earlier seasons used to be super generous in where you'd place originally. Now they made it so you're placed lower than you're expected to be so you can climb to where you should be.
>>
>>380016943
>I'm just pretending again
ok
>>
File: microwaved curry dinner.png (41KB, 608x342px) Image search: [Google]
microwaved curry dinner.png
41KB, 608x342px
>>380000587
only genji scrubs complain about Symmetra. People who can actually aim shit on her.
>>
>>380017282
>I want to have the last word even though I made no sense
>>
File: maxresdefault csgo.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault csgo.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>380016195
>Because team-based FPS games have always been casual as fuck
uhmmm
>>
>>380016195
>failing at both
well damn if Overwatch is considered a fail, I wonder how successful a game should be.
>>
>>380017993
This thread is full of nothing but shitters at the game. The game apparently has such a low skill ceiling, yet they die to symettra so often they find her overpowered?

Are you serious?
>>
>>380000743

Is TF2 a competitive shooter
>>
>>380000587
I only started playing recently, but near as I can tell, she fucking sucks. So who cares if she aims or not?
>>
>>380020820
Yes, when you turn crits off.
>>
>>380004752

The game is literally fucking boring shit that decides no class archetype should have any weaknesses.

>Snipers
>Enough health to be a problem when closed in on
>No recoil
>Literally can CQC with no effort

>Pyros
>Armor
>Mei has a ranged projectile with no fall off damage
>Sym has her stupid AUTO CORRECT beam that can go around corners. Literally can kill the entire team if she's ignored due to her unreasonably large clip.

>DPS of the game
>Move at a snail's pace
>Reaper has no tools and is basically replaced by Torb and Roadhog
>Can't even fight Sombra 1v1 why does he exist

>McCree & Genji
>Oh these guys have tools
>Nerf them
>>
>>380009647

Literally everybody in Overwatch hops like a fucking idiot because its impossible to walk straight without dying. Fuck off, mate.
>>
>>380020560
Most of the people who bitch bout the game are ones who are god awful at it.

Like for example, look at this guy: >>380021114

He has absolutely no idea what hes talking about yet hes presenting an opinion like its fact.
>>
>>380009962
Damn guess Injustice 2 is a Moba. And so is smash brothers.
>>
>it's a /v/ complains about a competitive game because of pubstomp heroes
Remember when they buffed bastion? Good times
>>
>>380021280

Bitch, provide some semblance of actual fact before you call me wrong. Blizzard can't balance the game for shit and then pretend its competitive. Its boring shit.

For fuck's sake, remember how they nerfed crouching because it made headshots harder? https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752600347

Boo hoo, Overwatch sucks.
>>
>>380021114
>Snipers
>Enough health to be a problem when closed in on
>No recoil
>Literally can CQC with no effort

??? Are we playing the same game? In close quarters Hanzo and Widowmaker get shit on by almost every DPS/Tank in the game.Their movement abilities are the only things that save them. Hanzo has one chance to live if he lands his scatter.

>Mei has a ranged projectile with no fall off damage
I don't understand the issue here. Is she supposed to be a character with a 5m range and that's it? Who defined that, you?

>Sym has her stupid AUTO CORRECT beam that can go around corners. Literally can kill the entire team if she's ignored due to her unreasonably large clip.

Stop ignoring her then, idiot. She has 200 hp, shoot her in the face and stop panicking every time you get locked onto. Man up.

>complaining about reaper as if everyone doesn't already know he's underpowered atm

>thinks genji got over-nerfed when he's one of the most played heroes in high level play and you're just trash with him
>>
>>380018779
>csgo isnt casual as fuck
Woah buddy.
>implying anyone even plays the fucking game anymore
>supporting the valve jew
>>
>>380021471
They changed it because of teabaging, not headshots. If you'd actually read you'd know but you choose to be an ignorant parrot.
>>
>>380021471
>no class archetype should have any weaknesses.

>Snipers

Both of the snipers in the game can be pretty hard countered by several of the takes as well as most flankers.

Mei's projectile has a delay on fire which makes it tricky to land and both her and Sym get shit on pretty easily by teams that are even the slightest bit aware.

>DPS of the game
>Move at a snail's pace
>>
>>380000587
I've got you in my sights.
>>
>>380021659
>hanzo
>bad in close quarters
you are only making it easier to shoot you in the face
play against people that can aim and flick shot and you will learn this
>>
>>380021787
B-but muh 70% russians!!!
>>
File: Overwatch_2017-04-24_12-03-17.png (145KB, 324x524px) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch_2017-04-24_12-03-17.png
145KB, 324x524px
>>380021881
I don't think I have any issue with playing against people that can aim, friend

top 500 past two seasons. i play hanzo and play against hanzos, you don't just avoid fighting them because there's a chance they'll land a flick. if you play that scared, no wonder you're trash at the game. once hanzo uses scatter he's a free kill in small rooms.
>>
>>380018237
lol
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.