[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wait for cool new games >companies instead focus of V

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: cEjjm_Oy_400x400.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cEjjm_Oy_400x400.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>wait for cool new games
>companies instead focus of VR and VR shit
>decide i shouldn't judge and look at the F4 VR page
http://store.steampowered.com/app/611660/Fallout_4_VR/
>watch the video expecting cool VR feature
>VR system cant even hold the gun strait

looks like its gonna be another Kinect fad
>>
>>379998261
i think VR is gonna be shit
>>
VR is DOA with no hope of resuscitation. Twitch/youtube shills will keep pushing it. Some will fall for it. Once they find out how bad it is from personal experience VR will die a quiet death at least for two decades like before.
>>
File: ooh baby a triple.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ooh baby a triple.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>379998261
Whoever they had demonstrating was a fucking dipshit, literally the same scenario as that idiot from polygon who played doom like shit. The motion controls work really well, but if you're a fucking moron and can't aim of course it's going to be hard.

Personally i'm only picking it up because i didn't buy fallout 4 in the first place.
>>
>>379999306
It will induce motion sickness in people who never had it and fatigue quickly in others making it not a viable control solution for your typical gaming session.
>>
>>379999628
>It will induce motion sickness in people who never had it

Then don't play it as your first VR game? Play something more gentle.

>fatigue quickly
If you fatigue quickly moving your arms and standing you are an obese fuck and need the workout anyway.

> not a viable control solution for your typical gaming session.

No shit, VR is the caviar of gaming. You don't have it every night. You enjoy it when you want a really immersive session and you have the time to spare.
>>
>>380000096
But it doesn't create immersion. VR is still in uncanny valley territory.
>>
File: Dual wielding is a liability.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dual wielding is a liability.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>380000326
>But it doesn't create immersion. VR is still in uncanny valley territory.
Do you even own a VR headset? Even tried one?

Do you even know what the uncanny valley is? It has to do with the perception of the human form, not human perception itself.
>>
>>380000731
Uncanny valley deals with discomfort from the evolution of simulation from obviously artificial to virtually life like. VR is caught in the middle where it will cause queasiness. I see you are shilling in multiple threads with your "Do you even have a VR headset?" line. How much are you getting paid?
>>
>>380001334
>Uncanny valley deals with discomfort from the evolution of simulation from obviously artificial to virtually life like.

Yeah, the issue is that that isn't what Vr is you fucking moron. VR is LITERALLY a new way to consume old media. "VR" is created by rendering the same content as any other game, but having two different camera angles just slightly off-set to match the VR user's eyes.

>VR is caught in the middle where it will cause queasiness.

If you're a non-gamer you may, but otherwise at most you will get dizzy your first times. You're just wrong here, try Vr before spouting shit.

>I see you are shilling in multiple threads with your "Do you even have a VR headset?" line. How much are you getting paid?

I'm posting in this thread and a fallout 4 thread here >>380001192 and that's it. Stop being an idiot and try shit before hating it for no reason.
>>
>>380001879
>VR is LITERALLY a new way to consume old media.
>VR has been around since the 80's or 90's.
>LOL IT IS NEU U GAIZ
Wow millenniscum are literally retarded.
>>
>that feeling when no classic mgs corridor-peeking vr
>no hearing footsteps in 3d to know where enemies are
>no using thermal goggles for a real purpose
>>
>>380002664
You want to use your real life thermal goggles in a game? Life is not Star Trek son. Holodecks are not a possibility.
>>
>>380002323
It's completely new technology to dumbfuck, it's using outside tracking that actually fucking works with a 99.90% accuracy. Have fun irrationally hating everything you dumb faggot.
>>
>>380002950
>You want to use your real life thermal goggles in a game
Where the fuck did I actually say that? Thermals in mgs are usually useless because you can actually see where enemies are in the first place because 3rd person camera.
If thermals functioned the same way as they do in the games but in a vr setting then they would be more useful.
>>
>>380003012
Whether it is using new tech or just a dumbed down, cheaper version for home use it still isn't feasible for long play or play by your average gamer especially normies.
>>
>>380003486
>Whether it is using new tech or just a dumbed down, cheaper version for home use it still isn't feasible for long play or play by your average gamer especially normies.

No shit, i never said it was. Give it another year for a price drop and more convenient tracking (we already have wireless and eye tracking) and there will be fewer and fewer reasons to shit on VR. Bethesda is just thinking ahead and cementing their position in the VR game landscape.
>>
>>380003765
If if's and but's were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas. Wake me up when your wonderland actually comes true, but as it stands right now VR is decades maybe centuries away from being the brainjacking tech people actually want.
>>
>>380004485
>but as it stands right now VR is decades maybe centuries away from being the brainjacking tech people actually want.

This is the beginning of that you dumb motherfucker, do you think that shit comes out of nowhere?

Have you missed that literally EVERY single major tech company has a stake in VR now?
>>
File: IMG_3523.gif (443KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3523.gif
443KB, 500x319px
>>380004485
>I cant afford it, therefore I'll hate it on it out of impotent spite:

The post.
>>
>>380004782
TV glasses and waggling controls don't lead to brainjacking tech. They are two very dissimilar approaches to VR.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.