[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let me explain what happened behind the scenes at Bethesda.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: capped for future.png (1MB, 1397x1019px) Image search: [Google]
capped for future.png
1MB, 1397x1019px
So let me explain what happened behind the scenes at Bethesda.

In 2015, they attempted to roll out paid mods on steam by incorporating independent modders' mods under the guise of giving them a "share" of the revenue their mods brought in.

This idea was CRUCIFIED. So "Valve" shut that shit down - but all that really happened is Bethesda allowed the idea to be killed so it could be worked on and presented in another, less-evil, skin.

It's now 2017, and they think they've got the right ingredients to bring us paid mods in a way that we'll stomach.

This time, they're releasing the CREATION CLUB under the pretenses that it will simply be releasing new and original content for their games (starting with their most heavily modded - Skyrim and Fallout).

This is important. This is their new and less evil "skin." They are attempting to distinguish between "mods" and "new content" in order to make consumers feel like they are leaving mods alone, because ostensibly, they will be.

Because you don't have to chop a person's head off to kill them. You just have to stab them someplace innocuous enough so that when they begin to bleed...they don't do anything about it until it's too late.

This is their attempt to look one way while they attempt to kill "modding" by bleeding it slowly. Slow enough that no one can accuse them of doing it. Slow enough so they can have their "paid mods" without being crucified by the general populace. In 2015 they used a sword, and now in 2017 they are using a scalpel. The amount of potential revenue from paid mods is IMPOSSIBLE to resist in a new world of microtransactions and DLC. Nothing was going to stop this. They just needed a pretty new hat to put on it.

That you'd be willing to purchase for credits, of course.
>>
scathing.
>>
>actual intelligent discussion about video games on /v/

To page 404 you go.
>>
It's really fucking evil. Hopefully normie shits that don't know anything except what they're told don't fall for it.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.