[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happend to the monster rancher series? its a neat collection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 12b.png (83KB, 436x420px) Image search: [Google]
12b.png
83KB, 436x420px
What happend to the monster rancher series?
its a neat collection of games but it just disappeared
>>
How central was the 'monsters from CDs' gimmick? Because CDs aren't nearly as relevant anymore. Music is on spotify, movies are on netflix, and games are digital downloads. I would have to get with the times somehow.
>>
>>379968929
On the DS at least they moved to doodle and voice commands to summon monsters, and I think codes made of text but Im not sure.
>>
>>379968929
make it a mobile game where you have to take pictures

combination of the color data and geotag of the photo generate a monster
>>
>>379968576
I will tell you what.

1-The monster designs are boring and ugly
2-Literal color swaps
3-Extrange/uncomfortable combat
4-Pokemon and Digimon are fucking titans when compared to it specially pokemon.
5-Anime was shit
>>
>>379970449
actually the gameplay would fit the mobile genre really well

and if you wanted to be jewish about it, you could make doing the training cost stamina points
>>
>>379970449
I was thinking mobile game just after I sent that too. Maybe something kind of like pokemon go, but on a handheld? Monster stat bonuses for distances walked?
>>
>>379971902
Yeah you're right that the monsters were pretty ugly most of the time, and the combat wasn't very good. But the monster stats and training mechanics were more indepth than any other monster training game right? I liked the concept of the monsters having lifespans too.
>>
>>379970449
>>379972280
>>379971995
Did you know that they already tried to do a mobile game but it failed miserably?
>>
File: Pixie_Anime.png (93KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pixie_Anime.png
93KB, 900x1200px
Would you fug Pixie?
>>
>>379972746
I didnt but I believe it

monster Rancher never really caught on here in the states
>>
>>379972746
how did they implement it tho
>>
>>379971902
>The monster designs are boring and ugly
>Literal color swaps
I mean fine but at least they were interesting and unique designs and mechanics.
>Extrange/uncomfortable combat
It could have been handled better but it wasn't that bad
>4-Pokemon and Digimon are fucking titans when compared to it specially pokemon.
>5-Anime was shit
Yup
>>
File: mymonsterrancher-640w[1].jpg (111KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
mymonsterrancher-640w[1].jpg
111KB, 640x426px
>>379973242
F
>>
>>379968929
Wasn't there a game a while back that you had to scan barcodes for? They could always do something like that. But yeah, monsters and battle system need a hardcore redo. I'd like to see a monster-raising type game with real time battle as opposed to something turn based. Simple button layout for kiddies... Heavy hit, light hit, block, special, that sort of thing. Might give it that something special so it actually has a chance.
>>
File: 11211.png (152KB, 350x315px) Image search: [Google]
11211.png
152KB, 350x315px
>>379973226
Would you?
Look at em dick suckin lips
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.