[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you think Tolkien would feel if he were resurrected for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 18tolkienpic-superJumbo.jpg (487KB, 1440x2048px) Image search: [Google]
18tolkienpic-superJumbo.jpg
487KB, 1440x2048px
How do you think Tolkien would feel if he were resurrected for one day and shown Shadow of War?
>>
>oh shit this Nemesis system is actually really cool
>oh shit, unlike 99% of fiction, bad guys all actually attack the good guy at once instead of taking turns for no logical reason at all
I think he would be proud. These two things alone make the Shadow of series better than many games of their ilk.
>>
>>379962317
He'd probably kill everyone involved and then himself. Christianity be damned.
>>
>>379964432
He'd hate the plot or lack thereof but I think he'd genuinely enjoy everything else if he could figure it out. SoM does the orcs justice.
>>
He'd be happy to know that his work has such a long lasting legacy that extends mediums, even if it fails minutiae tests.
>>
>There is only one solution for me: to turn my head away.
>>
>>379962317
This shit has nothing to do with Tolkien's work. Honestly I really would like to punch a faggot who made this steaming pile of crap.
>>
>plays it all day
wow that was really fun. im going to wake up early to play some more
>turns back to dust in his sleep
>>
>"Oi you cunts, wots all this then? God save the Queen, cheeryo!"
>>
>>379965154
a modern tragedy
>>
>>379962317
>How do you think Tolkien would feel if he were resurrected for one day and shown Shadow of War?
I think he'd be flabbergasted by the technology, seeing as he died a year after Pong was released so his entire exposure to video games, if he was even made aware of them, was seeing a simple game of table tennis consisting of a few lines.
>>
>>379965012
>not exactly like the source work, instead trying to be a spin off

>"THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL SOURCE MATERIAL I WANNA PHYSICALLY HURT WHOEVER THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA REEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
File: autumn_winds_by_bridge_troll.jpg (130KB, 650x494px) Image search: [Google]
autumn_winds_by_bridge_troll.jpg
130KB, 650x494px
>>379962317

Tolkien had a notoriously poor relationship with his American fanbase, so I don't think he'd be more upset than usual.

> Lord of the Rings books gain a huge revival in the 60s because hippie bookstores started carrying fantasy novels
> Uneducated American hippies would track down his phone number and call him in the middle of the night to ask about his books, not realising the difference in time zones
> Tolkien was a relatively reserved, conservative Christian man and was mortified by how many of his American fans were a bunch of drug-peddling sex-addicts
> Novels were just something he worked on in his spare time and he seemed to have mixed feelings about how they completely overshadowed his academic work

That said, I'm sure he'd be delighted that people still gave a damn about something he worked on, whether or not it's been twisted. It's not like people weren't creating terrible adaptations of his work back in the 60s anyway.
>>
File: Smug Tolkien.jpg (163KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Tolkien.jpg
163KB, 2000x1000px
>>379962317
>Not canon
>Also my name is pronounced Toll-keen
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.