[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hated how Snake got a re-design in MGS2. I thought the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

File: 1497030038622[1].png (115KB, 540x645px) Image search: [Google]
1497030038622[1].png
115KB, 540x645px
I hated how Snake got a re-design in MGS2. I thought the original was so cool looking. The biggest change was the removal of the best. I had thought that this was body armor. Turns out, in the lore of the games, this is a big vest to keep him warm. The actual "Sneaking suit" is beneath it.
>>
File: Naked-Raiden-and-Snake-MGS2.jpg (34KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Naked-Raiden-and-Snake-MGS2.jpg
34KB, 600x338px
>>379946889
>he doesn't like the sexy corset
what are you, gay?
>>
Would have blown his cover as Plissken if he wore that right?
>>
>>379946889
I fucking hate Snake's design in MGS1. He looks infinitely better in MGS2.
>>
>>379947632

>Not liking Jean Claude van Damme's body + Young Christopher Walken's face
>>
His sneaking suit in MGS1 is the same as MGS5
>>
>>379947632
you just like that there's more emphasis on his butt

even after all these years, it's still apparent that mgs2 was designed to cater to women and homosexuals
>>
>>379946889
I thought Snake's MGS2 suit was just the suit from 1 minus the vest and knee/elbow pads?
>>
>>379947605
>his cover as Plissken

You mean that beard he grew? He barely even tried hiding his identity. No haircut, no change of voice, no plastic surgery. If Raiden had known the slightest bit about pre-colonial American history, his pseudonym would have also failed.
>>
>>379947880
No joke, even with everything they did with Raiden, Kojima requested specifically for Snake to have the better ass
>>
MGS 2 was just a precursor to MGS 4's complete shit on Solid Snake. MGS canon should have ended after 1.
>>
File: homomission.gif (2MB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
homomission.gif
2MB, 300x165px
>>379947880
The whole series is for homosexuals and fujoshits
>>
He doesn't need a vest because it's not cold in MGS2
>>
>>379948571
the whole series beginning with 2
>>
I think the mullet bothered me more than the suit. I wish he looked more like his codec picture, but that would have been a tall order on the PS2.
>>
>>379948512

The ideal world this is how MGS should have worked:

>MGS 1- PS1
>MGS 2: Snake Eater - PS2
>MGS 3: Peace Walker
>MGS 4: Phantom Pain - PS3
>>
>>379946889
i liked the vest
>>
>>379948807
ackshyually i'm pretty sure the vest is some form of body armour. i recall mgs1 stating that the nanoparasitemachines in his body were regulating his internal temperature, so he wouldn't feel cold. if he was really worried about the cold, he'd wear something over his face, not his chest

it makes just as much sense that he wouldn't bring body armour to the tanker, since he never expected any resistance

>have to do like 15 captchas despite doing them all correctly
holy fucking shit, i get it, you want me to buy a stupid pass
>>
>>379948987
fucking thank you, someone finally agrees with me the stories in MGS 2 and 4 completely fucked the lore
>>
>>379949487
I thought most of 4's story problems were due to trying to explain/tie-up all the baggage from 2 to begin with?
>>
File: Tails.jpg (43KB, 600x711px) Image search: [Google]
Tails.jpg
43KB, 600x711px
>Turns out, in the lore of the games, this is a big vest to keep him warm. The actual "Sneaking suit" is beneath it
WAIT ARE YOU SERIOUS? WHAT THE FUCK, MAN?
>>
>>379948807
>He doesn't need a vest because it's not cold in MGS2

I now know that. But at the time I thought it was a body armor and part of the sneaking suit.

>>379949487

MGS2 is Kojima showing his frustrations with sequels, and him venting that by creating some bizzare post modernist game meant to fuck with fans. The entire "Ruse" idea comes from it. At the time, it's a brilliant game and concept since it's so original. But as a MG sequel, it ruins the lore and everything. They should have just ignored it or treated it as a side story.

Having to write in The Illuminati as the real reason behind every villain in past MG games is stupid, and "ghost hand of Liquid" is the dumbest MG plot point.
>>
>>379949886
>and "ghost hand of Liquid" is the dumbest MG plot point.
that's because it's not real. it's ocelot fucking with you. it's just barely believable enough because of all the legitimate paranormal shit in mgs1. but it was never actually liquid's mind/spirit in his arm, because that's retarded as shit

there are other moments in mgs2 like this. so much of the game is stupid on purpose, like it's a farce that also takes itself seriously
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (88KB, 1280x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
88KB, 1280x480px
>>379949634
>WAIT ARE YOU SERIOUS? WHAT THE FUCK, MAN?

Yes. None of the other sneaking suits have the big thick vest.
>>
File: maxresdefault1.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault1.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>379946889
Not like that matters, this one is the best by far. Best game, best soundtrack etc.
>>
>>379952487
>>379952098

>don't get the sneaking suit for 90% of the fucking game

WHY
>>
So does this mean that his MGS1 and MGS2 sneaking suits could be the exact same suit, he just wore a vest in 1?
>>
>>379952761
because it's not really a stealth suit, it's the equivalent of the body armour from the earlier games. you get it right before a boss battle, which leads into a scripted fight/chase sequence, which leads into another boss battle, which leads into another scripted fight/chase sequence, which after 2 scenes of sneaking away from aggressive guards, leads into the final boss battle

if you want a suit good for sneaking, you have a ton of camos to play around with. not to mention that these all carry over to the next playthrough
>>
>>379953196

That's the implication, yes.
>>
MGS5 sneaking suit is best suit.
>>
File: 7K7fXvJ[1].png (367KB, 543x670px) Image search: [Google]
7K7fXvJ[1].png
367KB, 543x670px
>>379953532
that suit's design was particularly sneaky
>>
I legit honestly agree with you OP. Grew up thinking PS1 Snake looked like a total badass. Everything after was just weak shit. Shame.
>>
File: MGS Solid Snake.jpg (163KB, 331x637px) Image search: [Google]
MGS Solid Snake.jpg
163KB, 331x637px
>>
>>379948405
> not liking the Snake butt
>>
>>379949886
> Having to write in The Illuminati as the real reason behind every villain in past MG games is stupid, and "ghost hand of Liquid" is the dumbest MG plot point.

wasn't Big Boss acting on his own?
>>
File: mgs2 ss.jpg (114KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
mgs2 ss.jpg
114KB, 640x853px
>>379946889
Shut the fuck dude. MGS2 is manly sexy.
>>
>>379957068
yeah but it was retconned that he was doing it to fight against the patroits
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.