[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that if you buy any of the games announced at MS's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 14

File: w10.jpg (39KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
w10.jpg
39KB, 1200x675px
Reminder that if you buy any of the games announced at MS's conference today on Windows 10 store, you are part of the Xbox fanbase, Like it or not.
>>
File: vdsv423.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
vdsv423.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>>379946771
>tfw all those devs sold their soul to Microsoft
>tfw we're never getting any of those games on Steam, ever
>>
File: 1355346076120.jpg (90KB, 500x920px) Image search: [Google]
1355346076120.jpg
90KB, 500x920px
>windows 10 store

I'm still using windows 7. 10 offers me nothing I need to justify the price and time to learn their new fucked up bubbly mobile-app UI.
>>
Is Ori win10 exclusive or will those of us on win8.1 be able to play it?
>>
File: 1407275060899.jpg (231KB, 700x607px) Image search: [Google]
1407275060899.jpg
231KB, 700x607px
>>379947128

>unironic valve bootlicking
>>
>>379947723
just switch to 10
>>
>>379946771
This is Microsoft's vision of the future of Windows.
Xbox compatibility is the carrot, ending support for 7 years before they were supposed to is the stick.
>>
>>379947414

10 has a regular desktop anon
>>
>>379947414
The store is a cheap trick to get you to register your copy of Windows to their servers. You don't log into the store with an ID, you log into Windows itself with an ID -- which then converts your user account to a cloud account, and THEN lets you use the store. (And also lets Cortana track you voice and all that, wheeee)

Honestly, I want someone to make a simple OS that replaces Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. Couldn't be that hard...
>>
tfw Xbox fans are on suicide watch because they have no exclusives
>>
>>379947912
MS pulling a vista dx10 again. Well, screw them. I'm not upgrading to win10 just to be spied on 24/7, and MS can rot in the abyss.
>>
>>379948253

do you believe that you arent being spied on while using 7?
>>
>>379947932
Beleive it or not, windows gamers are a very small fraction of the reason windows 7 is still supported.

Gamers aren't even close to their most valuable customer

Gamers aren't even close to the majority

Gamers do not really matter in the grand scheme of the windows support cycle.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news
>>
>>379946771
reminder: windows 10 store is not apart of xbox. :)
>>
>>379946771
I have had more fun this year playing old shit on GOG this year alone than I have the entire 10 years on fucking steam.
>>
And what's your point exactly?

Extremely autistic thread here.
>>
>>379948757
R-r-r-right fellas? W-w-whos with me?
>>
>>379948052
Any OS that does that would almost certainly just be a GNU/Linux distribution.

The main weaknesses of GNU/Linux for gaming are being addressed by Valve's work ongoing work on Vulkan funding development of high performance Vulkan drivers and encouraging developers to use it.

Ubuntu dropping all their counterproductive NIH crap in favor of the now standard Wayland / Mesa / Gnome stack will help make 18.04 the best choice for a Windows alternative.
>>
>>379946771
If you use Windows, you are part of the Xbox fanbase. Like it or not.
>>
>not using the Xbox app on windows 10
>>
>>379948383
2 cents have been deposited into your MShill® account. We at Microsoft®™ appreciate your extensive shilling and effort to subvert consumer concern. Thank you, and remember, 'keep shilling'™.
>>
>>379948648
Right, which is why all the 'Microsoft would never do that! It would kill them' posters are dead wrong.
Microsoft will destroy PC gaming as we know it without a second thought because we literally don't matter to them.
Even if everybody into PC gaming switched to GNU/Linux Microsoft would barely even notice since at most they'd like 3-5% of their user base, and they'd be an even tinier fraction of revenue.
>>
>>379946771
LOL k bro
>>
>>379949319
hhahahahahaha its funny because you use the trademark symbols

god you are just too clever
>>
>>379946771
Who cares?
I do because I'm responding
>>
>>379949080
Honestly, I want a small group of absurdly high IQ ubermensch developers to craft a closed source alternative to every OS out there.

If a bunch of John Carmacks and Jonathan Blows got together with with that goal in mind, I'm pretty sure we'd see that Operating Systems as we've grown to know them are actually steaming piles of shit compared to what they could be.
>>
>>379947128
who cares? valve is just as bad at this point.
>>
>>379947128

well we got Quantum Break and some other shit, but pc gamers don't care much for this kind of garbage

I'd grab Forza Horizon 3 but I'm not touching that store so whatever
>>
>>379946771
Pc gamers don't buy anything on M$ store, it's a fact, every game launched there bombed, even the ones that had potential.
>>
File: 1462914974367.jpg (58KB, 640x724px) Image search: [Google]
1462914974367.jpg
58KB, 640x724px
>>379946771
>implying I will ever install the Windows 10 botnet on my computer
>>
>>379947932
>spreading bullshit

that's the mode for retards that you can enable or disable anytime, I think it's from M$ to offer a mode for retards, Apple basically offers the entire OS for retards with no chance of changing it
>>
>>379947849
>>379950164
Not really. Having games sand-boxed off from the rest of the OS is really nice. I'd use anyone that provided the best service, but so far the competition for Steam is pure shit.

Most people pushing the 'Valve is evil' narrative are edgy borderline communists who think we need some kind of government regulation on game sales or something, idk tbqhwyfamalams.
>>
I want to see the sales records for the win10 store.
I can't see most people who own an xbox also owning a PC with any real gaming capability, and people who primarily play on PC aren't interested in win10.
>>
>>379950956
they literally condoned child gambling, fuck off you anarcho-capitalist neckbeard
>>
>>379947128
I think only a very few of those, like Forza and whatnot, are actually Microsoft Store exclusive.
>>
>>379951283

>people who primarily play on PC aren't interested in win10

that's false, most gamers use Win10, it's smoother and less buggy than Win7

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

However, pretty much no gamer buys from the Windows Store.
>>
>>379951742
>it's smoother and less buggy than Win7
I literally have no trouble with bugs or smoothness in windows 7. If you have trouble it's because you're retarded and don't know how to avoid downloading malware.
>>
>>379951283
>people who primarily play on PC aren't interested in win10
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
Win10 is fine, but stay paranoid if you think you're happier that way.
>>
>>379951897

> If you have trouble it's because you're retarded and don't know how to avoid downloading malware

sure kid, you're so pro you can overcome kernel errors that M$ never fixed in Win7

I know it's summer, but fuck off kid.
>>
File: 1373560334627.jpg (26KB, 401x399px) Image search: [Google]
1373560334627.jpg
26KB, 401x399px
>>379952483
I have no idea what you're even talking about. My machine has been a flawless experience for more than 5 years. The only time I needed to change out a part was when the graphics card took a dump.
>>
>>379949991
>Honestly, I want a small group of absurdly high IQ ubermensch developers to craft a closed source alternative to every OS out there.

Happened in the 90s. BeOS was decades ahead of anything else, but its closed source nature supported only by a single company made it extremely vulnerable.
Microsoft killed it by claiming they would duplicate its functionality, threatening OEMs who wanted to use it, and then quietly dropping the work once Be Inc was dead.

Open Source competitors are the only viable ones because it makes them invulnerable. If a closed source company can't sell its software and goes out of business then that software is dead. If the company backs open source instead though their work can easily continue even if the company goes out of business or is bought out as the people actually working on it can continue to move forward regardless.

The biggest benefit of open source today is seen with graphics drivers. AMD's own Windows driver team has been incapable of delivering a decent driver for years. The open source drivers developed primarily outside the company though are today much faster and more stable than AMD's own efforts.
>>
>>379951461
PC gaming would be waaaay worse off without Steam.

All the Kotakus of the world that are trying to bash Steam don't really care about Steam, per se. They were pushing the "death of PC gaming" narrative before that, so I suspect they're actually just secretly shilling for the console market.

So it's weird that people are jumping on board with them.
>>
>>379951742

Until it reboots in the middle of your game to install an update you cannot disable.
>>
>>379950770
IT WILL BE THE YEAR OF LINUX ANY DAY NOW
>>
>>379951897
Just because you have no trouble doesn't mean there's no room for improvement. Once you turn off all the connectivity and spy features (which takes all of 5 minutes) Win10 is sleeker and better in pretty much every way. But you're probably just salty because you fell for the botnet meme and didn't get it when it was free.
>>
File: 1354646394495.jpg (96KB, 810x876px) Image search: [Google]
1354646394495.jpg
96KB, 810x876px
>>379953264
I didn't fall for anything, my dude.
>>
>>379946771
who cares? at least microsoft is give their games to lots of people
>>
>>379952942
I've been running 10 for years and it hasn't done that since I disabled updates over a year ago now. It's dumb you have to dig for the off switch, but ot's not a problem for anyone who's not afraid of regedit.
>>
>>379946771
>buying
lel
rev up those torrents boys
>>
>>379953473

There is no off switch unless you have a professional edition and either hack the registry or use the Group Policy Editor.
>>
>>379952695

There is a long list of kernel errors and crashes due to how Win7 manages memory that will just get fixed.
Due to different rigs, you might never encounter a single one, while other people might give up and live with it.

Win10 doesn't have this kind of issue, in facts the system can pretty much never freeze due to kernel issues.
As for smoothness, I was referring to the fact that Win10 is a lighter and much better optimized OS, that will likely fly on any piece of junk.

People who run an old machine with SSD and shits have no particular reason to drop Win7 except the need of modern softwares that won't run on it.

However, anyone making a new rig nowadays and dropping Win10 because "I read on /v it's a botnet" is by definition a retard.
>>
>>379949429
You retarded m8?

3-5% of their user base or not that 3-5% base is still pretty fucking profitable
>>
>>379953113
Even in the mass consumer market there's more systems running Linux now than Windows.
The year of the mass market Windows-style Linux OS will probably never happen because nobody could make money off it and not enough users really want that.

Building a Linux based OS specifically for power users and gamers on the other hand is possible and seems increasingly likely to catch on with those users as the benefit of an open OS with numerous similarities to the #1 consumer OS become apparent.

Recent developments like ChromeOS using Wayland, Android adding support for Mesa drivers, and Android getting BTRFS support are all indications that the Linux-based OSes are moving closer to GNU/Linux which would be a major benefit for a GNU/Linux based OS for gaming.
>>
>>379952942
Literally never happens.
>>
>>379949429
>"GNU"/Linux

>>>/g/
>>
>>379953741
That explains it. I'm not avoiding 10. I just have no rational reason to justify changing. Until something comes out that I cannot use 7 to play or do I'm not going to bother. But when that day comes I'll likely be upgrading the entire machine from the ground up as I usually do.
>>
>>379952942
It doesn't do that unless you're a retard and don't program updates installations on a defined time or you set metered connection to decide when and if downloading an update and when and if installing said update.

tl,dr retards who cannot set windows update should go back to consoles, pcs are too complicated for them
>>
>>379953754
Pretty profitable for Valve.

From Microsoft's perspective they don't pay for Windows, they don't use Bing, they don't use the new Internet Explorer or whatever they want to call it, and they aren't likely to buy games from the Windows Store.

Microsoft is already hemorrhaging users like crazy. Tightening their grip on the users who are left is their best move for continuing to raise their income and their stock price.
>>
>>379953732
>not a problem for anyone who's not afraid of regedit.

Doesn't matter what version, it's just a bigger pain if it's a more basic flavor of W10.
>>
>>379947128
>People literally sad over the fact that Steam has even the SLIGHTEST amount of competition
Oh wow
>>
>>379954035
The more specific terminology is useful. GNU/Linux as opposed to Android/Linux or Windows which is now effectively GNU/NT since Microsoft decided to stop fighting and just surrender to the superior user space for actually doing work.
>>
>>379954384
Has nothing to do with competition, has everything to do with the Microsoft store being total shit.

It's sad because if something ends up as a microsoft store exclusive, I simply won't buy it.

GOG, Steam, even Origin -- Just please, no fucking Microsoft store exclusive.
>>
>>379952820
this. they cried out "pc is dying" while loving it, and now the literally poor undeducated peasants are getting fucked with their laughable "games" and hardware while strong rich PC aryans are experiencing a golden age. their salty tears and jellybeans are delicious
>>
my only problem with win10 is the limit to memory used for directx 9 games
but I forgot about newer processors not being compatible with win 7 so I'm stuck with it now, didn't recognize my gpu or ram at all with 7
everything else you just update as soon as you install it and then turn it off forever from the services tab inside system administrator
turn off the sistem scaner in the same place as above
turn off win defender and install any antivirus of your choice and that's it
>>
>>379954384
I wouldn't mind the windows store, if
A: They dropped UWP completely, or at least made it at worst a option along with .exe's.
B: If their storefront had the actual games completely separate from the phone and app garbage that clogs up the UI.
>>
>>379946771
If being branded as 'console fag' gives me more games for PC, what's wrong with that?
>>
>>379954869
I see this misinformation posted a lot, yes there are things you can do in the user space, but the NT kernel itself includes spyware and malware and there's nothing you can do about it even in the system settings panels or the registry.

Its kind of like the software version of the crap Intel built into their CPUs that's now getting them in all kinds of problems.
>>
>>379953732
Why do you want to turn it off so badly anyway? I've been using 10 for two years now and the updating is completely silent and unobtrusive.

The only time I ever see anything has even happened is a minute or two during the rare shutdown or reboot (I usually just use sleep.)
>>
>>379954974
>They dropped UWP completely, or at least made it at worst a option along with .exe's.
Not going to happen, only running UWP software from the Store is the future of Windows.
Win32 exe files are on their way out and while there will be some resistance to that in the short term in the long term nobody will care just like what happened when they dropped DOS.
>>
File: 1477881817899.jpg (40KB, 204x278px) Image search: [Google]
1477881817899.jpg
40KB, 204x278px
I cloned my W7 installation last summer and upgraded one of them to W10 before that free period was over. Just in case there were W10 (and Xbone :^) ) exclusive games I would want to play, like maybe ReCore.

It's been almost a year and there hasn't been. I just have W10 as an option when I power up my pc, and go to W7 every time.
>>
>>379955248
ok then what else can you do? its not like they will remove it in any future OS they release, and no other OS will get any serious support for vidya, we are stuck with steam and windows forever
>jump to consoles
I would, I really want a ps4 and switch but no way in hell I pay to use the internet service I already pay for
>>
File: 9d5.png (94KB, 335x315px) Image search: [Google]
9d5.png
94KB, 335x315px
>>379947849
At the end of the day, about 95% of PC vidya are made with Windows operating systems in mind, and only about 30% additionally develop for other OSs (mostly Macs).

So when you say it's "Valve Bootlicking," you're just being a mongoloid retard for not realizing that Microsoft owns your right to play PC vidya in the first place.
>>
>Microsoft claims Windows 10 is the last Windows
>it has an end of life date listed with all the other versions of Windows
ain't falling for it you fucking bastards
>>
>>379955732
the japanese aren't about to make a windows 10 only game after the bullshit Microsoft has put Japan through
so MS is fucked in that regard
>>
>>379950770

t.posted in Chrome
>>
>>379946771
No, you're part of the microsoft fanbase you tard.
>>
Splitting up how you play your games in PC is just annoying, that's why Steam is popular in the first place. Either use a unified launcher or you might as well pirate everything.
>>
>>379955479
I know it won't happen, hence why I don't use the windows store. Half the point with windows is the ease if individuals making their own programs that can then be hacked and such. Take that away and we almost might as well be OSX.
(Other half being unfortunately the human race at large never seeing the light and jumping onto linux.)
>>
>>379956224
GOG is fine because you don't have to have it running to play the games.
>>
>reminder if you buy games on PC you are part of Xbox

no
>>
>>379956039
not everyone is a cockgobbling faggot like you, you know?
>>
>>379956250
kek
>>
>>379955795
>ok then what else can you do? its not like they will remove it in any future OS they release,

If you don't switch away from Microsoft's OS it will definitely never happen.
GNU/Linux is the best option we've ever had.
>25% of the entire Steam library
>1000+ games on GoG
>Support (albeit preliminary and still limited) from major AAA publishers
>Mature compatibility layers and emulators for console and legacy DOS and D3D9 games
>Full speed drivers for modern standard grahpics APIs
>Not controlled by a console or phone company, and not vulnerable to buy out
>>
>>379956517

I find that hard to believe.
>>
>>379953963

Go search Twitch, it has happened.

Has happened live on-air during news broadcasts too.

>>379954169

OR I could have video encoding or 3D printing tasks that can take several days if not weeks and need my PC to be running the entire time without a reboot. You also can't set a wired connection as metered.

tl;dr You don't know jack-shit about what you're talking about.

>>379955269
See above. I also prefer to manually tell it when to update when I have the time, especially since my PC is always on and tends to have many apps running. It's the having to reboot after the updates that I can't stand.
>>
File: GPU Passthrough nigger PC.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GPU Passthrough nigger PC.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>>379956576
More like 30%
And you can also do this, especially with Ryzen out for more Haswell level cores
>>
>MS drones can't comprehend that maybe the owner of the computer should be telling the computer what it should be doing rather than the other way around
woah haven't seen this before
>>
>>379956932
Yeah if you look just at the subset of the 1000 most played games, its like 30%, top 100 it goes up to 40%, and the top 10 at times its been as high as 80%.

Passthrough is a really cool option, the only real problem with it is that like using Steam through Wine you're running software made for Windows and getting counted in analytics as a Windows user which helps suppress work on native versions which are better for long term support and preservation.
>>
File: VR and GPU passthrough sample.webm (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
VR and GPU passthrough sample.webm
2MB, 480x270px
>>379957656
>getting counted in analytics as a Windows user which helps suppress work on native versions which are better for long term support and preservation.
Who cares? I bet you don't even spoof your browser's useragent so instead of malicious .exes you get malicious .apks and .dmgs that can't run on your PC.
>>
>>379955248
well I basically pirated every game/song/movie/porn in existence that any company with money would care about and I'm still not in jail, so it either works deactivating it that way or you just don't need to live in the "land of the free" to worry about getting spyed
>>
>>379956930
I think they added some control over reboots in creators update, if there's some stuff that needs a reboot you can pause or schedule it.
>>
File: Xbox One x windows 7 Microsoft.jpg (35KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox One x windows 7 Microsoft.jpg
35KB, 600x500px
>>379958080
The botnet in 10 doesn't go away unless you block it from the router level. Not even Enterprise can get away from the spying.
>>
>>379958080
It doesn't work like that, the kernel level stuff is basically a back door that was supposed to be a security failsafe but which actually makes you more vulnerable to crypto lockers and shit like that.
>>
>>379956930
Agreed. I want my computer to act like a state-machine, unless I make it act otherwise.
>>
>>379958632
For the usual idiot that uses Windows none of that matters. Windows 10 is the perfect OS for babies.
>>
>>379958048
HOLY SHIT BRO LIFE HACKED
>>
>>379959183
more like an actual hack
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.