[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people cheer when they hear that a game is an exclusive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1489707008288.jpg (93KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1489707008288.jpg
93KB, 500x625px
Why do people cheer when they hear that a game is an exclusive? Multiplats are win-win for everybody.
>>
There can be benefits to an exclusive, like more time being able to be spent on optimising for that platform, and focused testing potentially resulting in a less buggy, more polished experience.

However that's not why people cheer. They cheer because they're sheep.
>>
>>379905719
I'd say that was true maybe maybe last gen but this time around every system is just off the shelf parts. That's not really a concern anymore.
>>
>>379905719
>like more time being able to be spent on optimising for that platform

Which platform exactly?
The xbone, xbone S, xbone X or Windows 10?
>>
>>379904107
Brand loyalty is a hell of a drug
>>
File: 1250631840672.jpg (11KB, 258x314px) Image search: [Google]
1250631840672.jpg
11KB, 258x314px
>>379904107
Manchildren dont want to share their toys ?
>>
>>379905719
then how come PS4 exclusives run like shit? aren't they supposed to be better-optimized for thtplatform?
>>
It's not about having good things it's about having good things that other people don't have
>>
>>379904107
Exclusives give validity to a console purchase. Without exclusives, they would be made fun of for not finally building that gaming PC.
>>
People are stupid
>>
>>379904107
I get excited when a game is PC exclusive because then I know I'm not playing a second-rate port developed for consoles.
>>
>>379905719
That argument could be made in the early 2000s when games like Deus Ex: Invisible War and Kotor were streamlined for the original xbone but >>379906539 is right, aside from Nintendo the consoles are basically all the same now, they're really just inferior PCs. If they actually tried to differentiate themselves like Nintendo tries to do then exclusives might actually have a point but as it stands now they don't.
>>
Consoles don't have many games so they get angry if someone else gets them.
Imagine being a child(this should be easy for most of you) and having a really cool firetruck, but the kid next door has a trampoline, bb gun, all the games and toys he wants, but he doesn't have the firetruck.
Now you're going to be pretty pissed if the kid next door gets that firetruck on top of everything else.
Now he can shove the firetruck in your face and tell you you're the poor piece of shit you are, but wait it gets better. The firetruck isn't just the same but better, it's steel instead of your plastic piece of shit and it has a remote control and sick ass siren. Now you don't like your firetruck as much.
>>
>>379904107
If it's exclusive to a specific console then it justifies ownership of that console. If it's exclusive to PC then you've eliminated the most common source of compromises in game design.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.