[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>arena shooter >no reload >no ADS >oldschool weapon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 43293.jpg (99KB, 631x355px) Image search: [Google]
43293.jpg
99KB, 631x355px
>arena shooter
>no reload
>no ADS
>oldschool weapon design
>fast paced
>weapons on map, no class or loadout bullshit
>no microtransactions
>no cases
>already almost dead

How the FUCK /v/. God damnit, we FINALLY get another oldschool arena shooter and it's almost dead after not even a year. The fuck's wrong with this world.
>>
>>379891995
arena shooters are boring
>>
>>379892376
Kid detected
>>
>>379895419
on what basis do you think that
>>
>>379896568
Not liking arena shooters is fine, but thinking they're boring reeks of underdeveloped taste.
>>
>>379891995
No depth and too repetetive. Arena shooters were a product of hardware limitations that are long gone.
>>
>>379898996
Not him, but they're fucking boring. Titanfall 2 is superior in every way.
>>
>>379900670
Titanfall basically stole the movement from arena shooters

also that same movement slows to a crawl when you're inside a TItan
>>
>>379891995
They released the early access with no content. 1 map. Dead after a month. Devs are retards.
>>
>>379891995
toxikk was just a straight up UT3 clone with less interesting weapons and maps. UT3 wasnt even that good in the first place so why they thought people wanted a clone is beyond me.
>>
>>379891995

I'm assuming this is Toxik? I just uninstalled it recently after getting Quake Champions beta.

The thing is, arena shooters are completely balanced, all weapons do the same, and all characters have the same potential. The problem is, it gets boring fast except for the ultra competitive. Also, FPS games that rely on 1v1 play, not team play for competitive nature just don't sell well and are pretty boring to watch.

I know you'll call me a retard or some shit, but it's just a fact, and I've been playing a lot of competitive based games since 2000.
>>
>>379891995
People who say they want a copy and paste arena shooter with updated graphics don't actually know what they want. Toxikk and to a certain extent Reflex were just that, but literally nobody played them.

The very same people cried that Quake Champions wasn't going to be Quake 3 on a new engine which caused id to hold back and now we have Quake 3 with choose your shitty ability and gimped-movement-turned-passive-stats as character classes with absolutely nothing new. And guess what, the open beta hype is gone and the game is already dead because yet *another* arena shooter failed to innovate all thanks to nostalgic, elitist 30-something shitposters who don't even play video games anymore.

RIP Arena Shooters, I'll remember all the good times.
>>
No marketing, literally no one ever heard of it. Shame, since it actually was pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>379901630
They're amateur game devs who probably started out with good intentions, but relied too heavily on UT assets and ended up just renaming the guns and tweaking them here and there. Big fucking surprise that nobody wants to play UT anymore, as if the failure of Unreal alpha was any indication.
>>
>>379903108
>if the failure of Unreal alpha was any indication.
U4 is a failure because devs literally just made the very basic foundations of the game and told the players "do the rest yourself", while they went to work on their moba. Perhaps when Paragon leaves beta stage at the end of the year they will redirect some people to work on UT again.
>>
>>379905327
Nah, people are just bored of arena shooters, which is why ALL of them are dead. Unreal alpha is in a very playable state, it's just that nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>379905829
Playable, sure, but with almost no maps, game modes etc. there is nothing to keep the players around. And without proper marketing, not many people even know that this Alpha exists. There are lots of people who would play it if only it was a finished and marketed game, I know at least 8 such persons myself.
>>
File: 89980c4268f03e742d49f6196f26f2b7.jpg (162KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
89980c4268f03e742d49f6196f26f2b7.jpg
162KB, 1080x1080px
>>379891995
>No advertising, no one knows the game exists
>normies and consoles have never seen an arena shooter, closest thing is Halo
>even 80% of /v/ hasn't experienced arena shooters since most of the PCkeks on here left consoles from 2009 - present
>casuals that started in 6th/7th gen and only play FPS will see the lack of sprint, ADS and loadouts as inferior "there's no reason to not have it" bullshit

>the new players that get passed all of that will then see the twitchy, fast-paced map control nature of weapons+map in the game and will be turned off
>the new players that get passed that will get owned by average players/bots since modern shooters have babied them to win while standing in one spot
>the new players that get past THAT will play the game for a mere 20 - 40 hours and then never play it again

Meanwhile everyone has heard of Overwatch, you then play it on your friend's PS4 and get rewarded via forgiving console controls and casual game design which leads to an easy game of dopamine.
Want an audience? Then dumb your product down and make it accessible to people who don't play video games.
>>
>>379901034
Confirmed for never having played it
>>
>>379907359

Sad truths
>>
>>379907607
I do own it you dumb fuck and the game gets less than 1000 players daily it's dead as fuck.

You are slow as fuck in Titans unless you run a fucking upgrade that gives you an extra dash

The only thing good about TiF is the movement which crouch jumping other than that and stim it's slow and generic as fuck just like it's predecessor CoD
>>
>>379908617
>dead
Not on PS4, stay mad fag
>>
>>379907359
It's simple really. We just need a big studio to do an Arena Shooter and lure normies with waifus, crates and esport memes, who with some luck will then in turn shill and overhype it to stratosphere. That's how Overwatch got popular, that's how Lol got popular and what's more important, that's why they still maintain an active playerbase.

Now, the problem is that of course some dev would first need to do it and not screw it up, but what's more important, people here don't really want the arena shooters to become popular again. This would feel them with kids, normies and would require ruining them in ways mentioned above. They want them to become just relevant enough again to maintain a small, but active and stable, low profile playerbase. And that's a very difficult sweetspot to hit.
>>
>>379906976
>without proper marketing

http://www.pcgamer.com/search/?searchTerm=unreal+tournament

Nah dawg, people are just sick of arena shooters.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.