[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should video games finally become more expensive? Awful things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 60.png (13KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
60.png
13KB, 800x600px
Should video games finally become more expensive?

Awful things like preorder DLC only exist because gamers don't want to go above the $60 base pricetag.
>>
get fucked
>>
>>379876109
>>
just stop being greedlords lol?

plenty of games have tons of quality content for 20 dollars
>>
>>379876109
Even with an increased price, publishers would still bog shit down with day 1 DLC and other bullshit. Don't get it twisted, they''ll still try and nickel and dime you man.
>>
>>379876109
They can become more expensive when they stop being shit.
>>
>>379876109
>>Awful things like preorder DLC only exist because gamers don't want to go above the $60 base pricetag.
hmm I wonder who's behind this post
>>
>>379876482
This.
>>
>>379876109
They have become more expensive for years now. Its just that if you only want half of the game, publishers give you the option to pay half, which is usually around $60
>>
>>379876109
No, back to $50. Even if it was increased, they'd still nickel and dime us.
>>
>>379876109
Why would you play developers MORE for an unfinished product?
>>
File: 1496170450881.jpg (40KB, 444x470px) Image search: [Google]
1496170450881.jpg
40KB, 444x470px
>>379876109
Games should be cheaper considering half of the game's contents are sometimes locked behind $40-50 season passes.
Why pay more for an incomplete game?
>>
Awful preorder DLC would exist anyway
>>
>>379877221
>>379876731
These.
If publishers normalized the price of games to be more than $60 it wouldn't stop them from still bundling paid DLC on top, nor would it compel them to spend more time/money on development to keep their margins the same.
>>
File: AssGolem.jpg (55KB, 744x494px) Image search: [Google]
AssGolem.jpg
55KB, 744x494px
>>379876109
I wish I had all your disposable to spend on vidya.

Tell us OP, how much do you earn and what are your living expenses?
>>
>>379876109
That's some dumb thinking. Don't post ever again.
>>
>>379876109
kek, it's cute that you think those practices would stop if they increase the base price.
>>
>$60.00 in 1993 had the same buying power as $102.09 in 2017

I bought multiple NES and SNES games from 1990 - 1993 for $60-$70.

Budgets have gone way up for these games, however I don't think these side ways of paying more for games is bad.

>$60 baseline nowadays is still a low enough barrier to entry for a lot of people
>DLC and Season passes allows hyperfans invest more into their fandom
>Cosmetics and loot boxes are optional and well received by most gaming communities
>Publishers are still making enough to reinvest into future projects.
>>
>>379876109

Fuck off and never post here again, OP. You know DAMN well this shit wouldn't stop if that happened. And besides, paying more than $60 means it hurts that much more when a game is shit and you don't wanna buy any DLC for it anyway.

Plus, there's no excuse, I've played plenty of feature complete games that were sold at $60 or less than $60 AT LAUNCH. The only possible reason you'd need more than $60 dollars is if you're an idiot publisher like Square Enix or EA that doesn't know how to properly manage their game's budget.

Before you say that's impossible without severely compromising the quality of the game, a good example of managing your budget well is Yakuza, a game that feels jam packed with content and atmosphere but in reality there's not much actual animation or fight moves, you save money on voice actors by having most stuff in text only, the entire franchise focuses on making one smaller game hub full of life rather than an enormous open world lacking in content. I could go on, but honestly in case this is a bait thread I'd rather tell you to go fuck yourself.
>>
>>379878450
but that's a false-equivalence, as cartridges are/were significantly more expensive, not to mention the various other overhead costs (distribution/etc.) associated with games in the past (costs that go down greatly with online distribution), along with a lot less quality-control (thanks to patching).
>>
>>379876109
Or maybe, just maybe development cost needs to go down? I don't want another hundred million dollar AAA game, where bigger half went to marketing. Bring back AA games.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.