[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Sonic Adventure 2 sucks, only the Sonic/Shadow levels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 6

File: SonicHeroes4.jpg (102KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
SonicHeroes4.jpg
102KB, 640x482px
>"Sonic Adventure 2 sucks, only the Sonic/Shadow levels were good"
>Game made entirely of the Sonic/Shadow levels
>Still hated

Explain
>>
>>379873918
But that's wrong, anon. they didn't even make up most of the levels. Plus that one sonic level in the pyramid where you have to move switches is super boring.
>>
File: 1391726522109.jpg (59KB, 494x421px) Image search: [Google]
1391726522109.jpg
59KB, 494x421px
Because they were shit Sonic/Shadow levels
SA1 had a good implementation of what it was trying to be, SA2 stepped down a bit, Heroes fell off a cliff
At least the levels look nice
>>
>>379874110
I'm talking about Sonic Heroes you pinhead
>>
They were not as good.

Both SA2 and Heroes are evualted were way wrong. Heroes is underrated, SA2 is way overrated.

Both are about the same (about ok), with different strenghs and weaknesses
>>
No Chao Garden
>>
>>379875321
>Grinding levels for shit tamagachis
That said SA1 is the best out of the 3.
>>
look at all those eggmans robots
>>
>>379876230
Worthless consumer models.
>>
>>379877238
I'll take it from here
I'll take it from here!
Annihilate
>>
>>379873918
Why is Sonic Heroes so quotable?
>>
>>379873918
What do you mean? It's the best Sonic game.
>>
A SHADOW OF MYSELF JUST WHO AM I?
>>
>>379878809
Because they have like 5 different lines recorded they repeat non-stop
>>
Tfw Sanic Heroes is not very good gameplay wise but it has GOAT Soundtrack.
>>
>>379873918
The controls in this game were much worse than either of the Adventure games.
>>
>Rocket accel replaces spin dash
>It slows you down to a crawl, then speeds you up for about 2 seconds before returning you to regular speed
Why the fuck does this move even exist? It's faster to just run all the time.
>>
>Mash Team spin-dash button
>Suddenly goes at game-breaking speeds
>Die
Wow
>>
>>379878809
SLAUGHTER
SLAUGHTER
>>
>>379873918
Name me one (1) level where you can play only as Sonic/Shadow/other speed character and complete the entire level.
>>
>>379880419
You can run through enemies like they're bowling pins and knock their shields off in one go
>>
>>379873918
>HEY GUYS WE NEED TO COLLECT 10 CRABS, IF WE MISS ANY LET'S DO THE LEVEL OVER AND OVER

Yeah, no.
>>
>>379880419
It has wind properties.
>>
>>379878809
SHIT
ROCK
HYEAH
>>
>>379873918
Heroes > SA1 > Shadow the Hedgehog > SA2

Objective fact.
>>
SHYA
>>
>>379880601
Grand Metropolis.
>>
>>379879872

I still don't know how and why they fucked that up so bad.

Was it the multiplatform development?
>>
>>379880724
You've got that list backwards, faggot
>>
>>379873918
>>Game made entirely of the Sonic/Shadow levels
Holy shit what are you on? I need to have some.
>>
>>379881269
Heroes is the most refined the gameplay ever gets in the dreamcast/gamecube era, SA1 is alright and Shadow was shit but entertaining. SA2 is simply mundane.
>>
>>379880938
Apparently. Migrating the game to RenderWare fucked everything up because they had a custom engine prior to that.

Why the physics are equally as shitty in Shadow is a mystery (which is why I regard Shadow as even worse).
>>
>>379881567
>Heroes is the most refined the gameplay ever gets in the dreamcast/gamecube era
Refined shit is still worse than unrefined gold, nigger
>>
>>379881926
But I like the Adventure games.
>>
>>379880419
don't question sonic heroes physics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCf3auFqBZc
>>
>>379881989
So do I. I'm saying that they're gold and heroes is shit. Try to keep up.
>>
>>379873918
WHHHOOAAAGHHH IM GETTIN DIIZZZYY
>>
>>379882112
Sorry, I'm too used to the norm.
>>
>>379881567
>gameplay has you switch between three or more completely different styles of gameplay that don't flow together at all
>repeat three times for no reason
>refined
lmao
>>
>>379881926
That analogy makes no sense, you're just putting words into my mouth. Here let me simplify it for your adventurbaby brain.

Heroes gameplay > SA2 gameplay
>>
>>379881772

I really don't get why they can't repicate the Adventure style movement.

Lost World was especially just stupid feeling to control.
>>
I liked it, but thought it was ridiculous to replay the game multiple times.
>>
File: maxresdefault (13).jpg (76KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (13).jpg
76KB, 1440x1080px
Who else switched to Knuckles and spammed B to beat Metal Sonic
>>
>>379882436
Lost World handled okay. The parkour stuff could feel mushy but just moving around on the ground was pretty smooth for me.
>>
>>379878604
ANNIHILA-CHARGE
ANNIHILA-CHARGE
ANNIHILA-CHARGE
>>
>>379882172
>SA2
>game interrupts the good parts between 3 or more completely different styles of gameplay that are absolutely innovative and boring to play
>repeat this mundane process of playing knuckles and tails and then double it because eggman and rouge exist
rofl
>>
File: 2435203-sonic+4+episode+1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2435203-sonic+4+episode+1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>379882436
>I really don't get why they can't repicate the Adventure style movement.
They can't even replicate Genesis style movement

There's no hope for Sonic Team or Dimps
>>
>>379882652
>but just moving around on the ground was pretty smooth for me.

It felt like crap to me. It really did not have the nuances of the Adventure games. Plus all the terrain did not have physics at all
>>
>>379882841
I'll agree it wasn't AS good but if they went after that kind of movement style again I wouldn't be off-put as long as they tried to make it better.

In other words what was there was inoffensive, it just felt unrefined. It wasn't just unbearably crappy like Sonic 360 or something.
>>
>sonic adventure 1
>lets you play each individual game style at your own pace
>sonic adventure 2
>makes you play them in whatever order works for the story, so if you don't like a certain type you're stuck with it before you can get more of the ones you like
>sonic heroes
>forces you to play them all within the same stage, so you can't even go through one stage without doing obnoxious flying sections for example

Heroes has a lot more issues than just that but that's the most relevant gripe I've got at the moment about why Heroes sucks more than Adventure 2 (which I already don't like.)
>>
>>379880710
>tfw friends mom wouldn't let us play it because of this
>>
>Attempt to play SADX with the Steam release
>Get to the loop in whatever stage had the orca
>Instead of running along the loop, Sonic just clips straight through it at the start and dies
>This happens every time until I get a game over
>Uninstall and never touch it again
>>
>>379878809

WOOOOOOOOOAH MY HEAD'S SPINNING
>>
>>379883171
That was actually a bug with the port. It doesn't do that on the GameCube and the Dreamcast versions but the acceleration code for the PC version was fucked for some reason. A mod/fan patch fixed that.
>>
>>379882706
>correctly saying Heroes is shit means one cannot also correctly say Adveture 2 is shit
>>
>>379883358
>A mod/fan patch fixed that.
Cool, guess I'll look for that.
>>
>>379876230
LEAVE 'EM TO ME, SONIC
>>
>>379879796
You can say exactly that for any Sonic game that came out after Sonic 3.
>>
>>379882436
Sonic Team seems to have this urge to keep innovating gameplay for no real reason other than to feel the series is progressing.

Which is what happened with Lost World. They only regressed back to Boost because of how mediocre LW was received and the catastrophe that was Sonic Boom.

Plus, with Adventure style, they likely got pretty burned from 06 and never want to to touch it again.
>>
Let's be real here, we mostly just want a game exclusively about chao breeding.
>>
>>379883705
I think it's called "SADX Fixed Edition" or something.

You can also get texture and lighting patches to make the game look more like the Dreamcast version.
>>
>>379883547
Difference is Heroes isn't shit, you can properly keep your momentum going and smoothly transition between the different characters when you need to slow down/speed up/gain vertical movement, only part of it that sucks is the Team Dark stages due to how long they take.
>>
>>379883925
AHEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08
>>
>>379884228
>Meanwhile at Sega Genesis
https://youtu.be/WFEsq2QmxNI
>>
>>379884015

Well rebuilding everything from scratch without giving it proper dev time is not innovating, it is more like being really fucking stupid.

If you don't have this many people or that much time to make a project happen, have a bit of foresight.
>>
>>379883171
>download Steam's SADX as well as the bugfix mods
>music volume is way too low and fades out a few minutes, followed by a couple seconds of silence only for it to repeat
I don't know if this is a issue on my end, but it threw me off a lot. I remember it being particularly bad during Twinkle Park.
>>
File: blasphemous hedgehog.jpg (37KB, 397x411px) Image search: [Google]
blasphemous hedgehog.jpg
37KB, 397x411px
>>379883339
Oh my Gawd!
>>
>>379884228
Fuck, I had blocked this game out of my head and you go and remind me that it exists.
>>
>>379883358
I don't know about the Dreamcast version but it definitely happened on the Gamecube version. It used to annoy the fuck out of me.
>>
>>379873918
>Sonic Heroes
>made entirely of sonic/shadow levels
there is no way a man could be any more wrong
>>
>>379880710
>not SHIT, ROCK, NIGGER
>>
>>379886024
its ok knuckles is a nigger
>>
>>379880419
It tried to be balanced like classic spindash, plus it works for enemies and obstacles.
>>
oh no
>>
>>379886024
is Knuckles black?
>>
>>379884024
Half the reason the Chao Garden is so engaging is because it's attached to and compliments the main game. You can have a blast replaying levels to get better times, and the iitems and rings all go back to raising your chao which gives a pleasant distraction and then encourages going back again to replay and explore levels some more.
>>
>>379887312

Sonic Unleashed gives me the same satifaction with rings being used on shops, exp, and getting medals.

Is that strange?
>>
>>379886978
He doesn't steal and do drugs, he'd rather flex his muscles
>>
>enemies with health bars
>corridors with closed doors or springs inside a box unless you find a switch or defeat some enemy(in few instances you can skip with using Tails->bounce on enemy->fly->skip door like in Egg Fleet)

Heroes had the right idea with more paths and the team mechanic. But gameplay wasn't polished. The things I greentexted made the flow stop too many times... The fact that you need to pay with 3 teams in the same way and a 4th team with mission based just to get the final ending was retarded, as was retarded not giving in the end Super Knuckles and Tails
And 2 stages full of rails with a gameplay that didn't worked right? Really?

Still, Heroes stage themes were great. And Egg Fleet was the level I was looking forward to Generations but nope. Not that Seaside Hill was bad in Generations, It was actually one of the levels I enjoyed the most, but Egg Fleet ffs.
>>
>>379873918
Adventure 2 shitty glitches don't kill me nearly as often as Heroes atrociously shitty glitches do.
Hell, getting rid of the fucking health bars on enemies would fix half the game's problems.
>>
>>379887625
I haven't played it but outside of there maybe being less you can play with or get, it's the same kind of feedback loop idea so not really.
It's ironic, they've experimented with different gameplay styles to break up and compliment the flow, and they already had one that really worked and was beloved. So they never go back to it again.
>>
>>379873918
I dont want to play as 3 characters at the same time? It should have just been switch on the fly solo levels
>>
>>379887825
>enemies with health bars
You can kill most enemies in one hit when at lvl 3
>>
>>379889793
By the end of the game, most enemies are not "most enemies".
>>
>>379889793

Yes, but those big eggman robots are a waste of time. Unless you use that trick to fill the gauge up and just kill them in one go. Egg Fleet was the worse with them though
>>
>>379889418
Well how about Forces? I think they could implement a same idea
>>
>>379873918
It doesn't control as well, really slippery
>>
>>379882785
At least Mania will be good
>>
>>379890514
You mean having a garden or the gameplay? While the classic side is needless I'm actually really curious how the OC gameplay will end up, it looks alright from the teases. My first impression was, funnily enough, a more refined Shadow, which could turn out rather well.
>>
File: 1379682016781.jpg (51KB, 840x672px) Image search: [Google]
1379682016781.jpg
51KB, 840x672px
>>379880710
>>379886024

I never noticed, god fucking damnit
>>
>>379874136
>SA1 had a good implementation of what it was trying to be
You say that but the level design in the game was absolutely abysmal. The Adventure Sonic games were meant to have more emphasis on speed however throughout the game there are portions that bring your momentum to a halt.
>>
>>379873918

Garbage controls, literally no physics or momentum, awful art design, constant obnoxious "banter", 100% linear stages, invisible walls everywhere... was there even anything to like about this game?
>>
>>379895598

Unlocking species, wisps and customization could be like the chaos in a way

I think there should have been classic OC's
>>
>>379896381
So basically an adventure game.
>>
>tfw no Chaotix saturday morning cartoon with this opening theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aerP6_ouRtg
>>
>>379889418
Some how ST has got it through their heads that Wisps fill the chao gap. Combined with all the mixed messages they get and half the team not even wanting to make Sonic games, and well what can you do?
>>
god i just love sonic so much
>>
>>379900304

Not really. Wisps are the new elemental shields.

And at this point the people working on Sonic realize that they cannot justify NiGHSTs or Billy Hatcher type games.
>>
>>379896662
Ah, yeah I see what you mean there could be a lot of cool potential there.
Making so much of a distinction betwwen "classic" and "modern" is just harmful really, I'm sure you'll be able to make something more oldschool looking but making that divide has never seemed necessary or healthy to me. Sonic should be Sonic.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.