[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is by far one of the best multiplayer game in years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 298
Thread images: 39

File: Overwatch.jpg (576KB, 1059x1288px) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch.jpg
576KB, 1059x1288px
This is by far one of the best multiplayer game in years.

Why does /v/ hate it?
>>
Jew items that can't be bought with coins and limited-time-exclusive costumes
Stopped playing the game because of it desu
>>
>>379857149
Made by Blizzard.
>>
>>379857321
But they're purely cosmetic
>>
>>379857321
They stopped that a long time ago. Everything can be bought with coins.
>>
>>379857423
Doesn't matter. They're part of the game's content and I don't agree with Jewish business practices like those. If I knew about them beforehand, I wouldn't have bought the game.
>>
>>379857374
not a valid argument, shitty bait

>>379857321
they are 100% cosmetic and to stop playing a game because you have a hard time getting a skin is fuckin pathetic
>>
>>379857464
Including the summer olympic costumes?
>>
I don't like waifu autism
>>
>>379857607
What's fucking pathetic is having people pay 60 bucks for your game and then trying to jew them out with skinner box bullshit, going against the own system you created at the start that was perfectly fair, in favor of one that would abuse gambling tendencies more.
>>
>>379857607
You're asking why /v/ hates it, not why it's a good or bad game. Faggot.
>>
>>379857623
No, those still can't be bought. You have to buy the items while the event is still going on. For example, every Anniversary event skin can be bought with coins up until tomorrow.
>>
>>379857520
Would you rather everyone had access to all the cosmetics from the very beginning?
>>
>>379857149
As a Multiplayer Online Game, It has the Jew elements of the Eastern games, (Gacha)
It has the Jew elements of the West, buying it
>>
Because Blizzard doesn't know how to balance.

I was enjoying the game for the first month, and then they nerfed the fun characters to shit (McCree, Genji, S76)

I hate having to play whatever character is currently the best in the meta
>>
>It's a TF2 ripoff with none of the charm
>The character designs and the visual aesthetic in general are all garbage
>It's e-sports trash
>Played almost entirely be the "I'm a 1337 hax0r gamer XD" crowd that doesn't understand a single thing about what makes video games good
>>
>>379857520
They literally do not affect the game at all in any way. I really don't see a problem with skins. They don't push microtransactions at all. It gives you a reason to wanna level up if anything
>>
>>379857776
No, I'd rather they be purchasable with coins and not limited to a time period for the sake of "making them more special" (a.k.a. getting more Jew bucks)
>>
>>379857520
This.
Whether or not the game itself is good is up for debate though most people would say the its a very shallow but well polished team shooter.
Its got great visuals, ok music, no singleplayer, lacking content in maps and gamemodes but statisfying gunplay and a decent ranking system.
The cosmetic content is essentialy locked behind paywalls at this point, because apparently the next big thing in gaming is to lock certain items behind "limited" time frames whereby after there is no possible way to get them without forking over loads of money to get them in a random box loot system.
Its such a shitty practice that it detracts from the entire game as it makes me rethink the point of playing it.
If Blizzard are going to fuck me over cosmetic shit, why should I even bother playing their medicore shooter at all?
Perhaps its best if I just find something else to play, clearly they dont value me as a player at all if they do this.
>>
>>379857149
>poor balance
>low skill ceiling
>moba skills
>shit maps
>paid game with microtransactions
Only mouth breathers like this garbage
>>
>>379857937
I know they don't affect the game in any way. If they did and were some kind of stats changes, then that would be even worse. This does negate how bullshit the Jew skinner box gacha system is and how Blizzard are fucking loathsome Jews for pushing it on consumers who already bought their game to begin with. I won't support them with my money and I won't waste my time with them.
>>
>>379857954
The only use of cosmetics is peacocking.
If everyone had easy access to the cosmetics then it will destroy the worth they have.
>>
>>379857750
That could be said about pretty much every single game that has random drops.
>>
>>379858139
Name a recent multiplayer game that has absolutely no microtransactions.

You can't. Quit being a shithead contrarian.
>>
No modding tools.
No mapping tools.

Whatever else is good or bad about the game pales in comparison to the fact that shit that exists in so many other online FPS games, like map voting, admin control panels, a massive variety of maps and alternate gamemodes, perhaps even total conversion mods will never exist in the game because Blizzard refused to implement what was standard in PC FPS games a decade ago, and even standard in other Blizzard games SC2 and prior.

Whatever skins, animations, maps and anything else is going to be tiny in comparison to both the quantity and quality the community could have made if Blizzard gave them the tools for it.
>>
>>379857149

Loot boxes and skins aside, the game doesn't have a lot of depth to it.

There is attack/defend points and attack/defend carts/payloads. That's all. Granted they've added in capture the flag and the 1v1/3v3 duels, but they're not really the "main" game, as in those modes won't come up in quick play or competitive so you know they don't get a lot of focus.

Playing a few matches can be fun, but it does get a little dull after a while - you can try to change it up by playing other heroes, but by the way the matchmaking works for QP or Comp, if you don't play the hero you've invested a lot of time in then you're kinda fucked. It's not like you'll be paired with people of a lower level than you often, you go in with the assumption that people are going to play with their "mains". For instance, I suck balls as Genji, but I can never play as him to get any better because the other team's guy playing as 76 will mow me down with precision aiming since that's who he's played all the time, so in order for me not to lose I'll just go back to playing Mei or Reinhardt who I have a lot more playtime in.
>>
>>379857321
I gotta agree their loots system is absolute horse shit. It's a blatant, self aware, unapologetic form of blizzards limitless greed.
>>
>>379858146
>muh worth
They're worthless to me as rare items I'd have to pay up my ass to have. That's just a nice little shitty excuse they give to try to Jew you out.
And of course, the people that either spent 300 bucks on boxes or were incredibly lucky to get a rare item will want the Jewish shit to continue and make others miserable like it made them. Crabs in a bucket.
>>
>>379858236
It's fine if the game is free to play and it doesn't affect gameplay, like Dota 2 and TF2

>>379858319
Not him, but Rising Storm 2
>>
Its just another LoL.
>>
>>379857149
the same reason i dont LOVE transformers movies, its a mass appeal trash game with a shallow plot and simple character development so you dont scare the normies.

Most normies dont even notice the story. They just enjoy the simple (excelent and perfectly polished) gameplay.

So instead of robot cars, you get waifus and husbandos and you expect praise from the neckbeards
>>
>>379857892
this.

during fights its just a colorful mess, which isn't a good thing.
Plus, in TF2 you could 1v10 if you were good enough, and still win even if your team was shit. In OW, you might be the best player in the world but your team will still drag you down
>>
>>379857321
it promotes dangerous gambling habits for kids
>>
I hate it because after reaching level 200ish I just didn't feel like playing it anymore, there's so little variety it's hard to not get bored with it. But it's the only god damn online games my friends want to play, they're addicted to the fucking gachas en the waifus, and they drop money on it, and the more they invest in it the less they want to play anything else because they have some fucking skins and emotes in this repetitive shooter.
>>
The best heroes in the game are the ones that take the least amount of skill possible.

Lucio, Mercy, Reinhardt and Winston.
>>
>>379858464

You know, anon, some people actually just play the game.
>>
>>379857149
That's not Titanfall 2
>>
I dropped the game before I got to lvl100 because I don't like competitive games where you're so dependant on your team, same reason I don't like MOBAs. The perfect ratio of teamwork/individual skill for me is something like Dirty Bomb but I got tired of that too after only 300 hours
>>
>>379858786
I get the feeling you exclusively play S76 or Hanzo.

Try playing different heros.
>>
>>379858715
In TF2, instead of a colorful mess, you'll get a brown mess. Great.

In Overwatch you can 1v10 but both QP and Comp has built in MMR so it always tries to match you against equal players.
>>
Only decent skin from this event was Tracer's, and Junkrat's Chinese new year skin with golden gun will never be surpassed in style anyway.
>>
>>379857149
It has pretty much nothing I like in an FPS.
>>
>>379858636

>Caring about story in a multiplayer-only game.
>>
>>379858931
I'd rather waste my time in a game that doesn't disrespect its consumer and try to Jew him out. Sorry.
>>
>>379857149
They needed more than 1 year to nerf Roadhog.
>>
>>379857149
It's a treadmill for micro-purchases. It works just like a mobile game.
>>
>>379857149
/v/ isn't one person etc.

people who hate things are always more vocal about it
>>
>>379857149
It's worth 20$ but not full price.
>>
>>379857878
All three of those characters are currently still some of the best in the game.
>>
Which is it more fun on?

PC or Consoles?
>>
>>379857149
worst*
ftfy
>>
>>379857321
Entirely valid reason
I like the game but the microtransactions are bullshit
>>
I play Paladins.
>>
File: 20170305233947_1.jpg (469KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170305233947_1.jpg
469KB, 1920x1080px
TF2 literally kills it in every way possible. In style, humor, gameplay, community, memes, everything. What does Overwatch have?..... NOPE. Nothing.

Also I liked the map variety in tf2, sprays, weapons, pic related just fun to mess with the map and make it even better
>>
File: 1461635407379.jpg (31KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
1461635407379.jpg
31KB, 505x431px
>>379858993
>In TF2, instead of a colorful mess, you'll get a brown mess. Great.
>>
>>379858913
>Lucio
new lucio has a very high skill ceiling
>>
>>379859052
He was "nerfed" before. I don't know if you remember but his hook used to go around corners.
>>
>>379857149

I don't.

I'm just not interested in playing it, because I don't play online.

And I think the character designs are repulsive.
>>
>>379859327
Epic false flag tumblr
>>
>>379858383
I'd rather have a game designed by professionals than some fan made shit
>>
>>379859327
tf2 is dead as fuck. get over it, valvefag scum.
>>
>>379858913
>Lucio
>low skill ceiling

Haven't played the game recently?
>>
>>379857149
>/v/ being contrarian
>ever
haha yeah right as if
>>
File: angrymanul.jpg (124KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
angrymanul.jpg
124KB, 500x386px
>>379859327
>sprays

Such a shame you won't ever see something like this ever again once TF2 dies
>>
>>379859042

>Paid $40 and not a dollar more.
>Free maps every now and then
>Free new characters
>Events with new game modes and entirely different ways to play

Sure, the lootbox and coin system is dumb, but that only matters if you're a retard sheep who just NEEDS the newest skins or they can't play. Those people help pay for all the free shit I'm getting.

Just don't be a retard anon. It's not that hard.
>>
>>379859327
>that picture
thank fuck tf2 is dead
>>
>>379859527
http://steamcharts.com/app/440
kek
I wonder why blizzard doesn't release numbers :^)
>>
>>379859808
It only matters if you don't want to play a game where the developers wants to Jew you.
>>
>>379859849
75% of tf2 "players" are idle in achievement maps to farm items you stupid fuck.

TF2 is stale and boring as fuck.I literally only play overwatch now.
>>
>>379859336
Pretty much two colors in TF2, brown and red.
>>
File: 1494482951833.jpg (585KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494482951833.jpg
585KB, 707x1000px
The game itself isn't too bad, but the jewish business model, the awful artstyle and the reddit-tier character designs and dialogues, as well as the awful playerbase and the shoehorned 'muh esports' shilling make me hate and not want to play it.
>>
>>379859327
>le memes and reddit humor are a positive thing
can valve just fire all their game developers (oh wait that already happened)
>>
>>379859849
If Overwatch went F2P it would probably double those numbers
>>
It's boring to me because it relies heavily on team play to accomplish anything and the movement and shooting just feels mediocre. TF2 requires team play at a high level but individual skill on a character matters a lot and there's a lot of nuance to it.
>>
>>379860078
[citation needed]
Nice try blizzdrone.

>>379860274
If Overwatch was 10 years old no one would be playing it.
>>
>>379859849
I refuse to believe those numbers. Any time I choose to revisit TF2 a number of things happen.
1. I have to turn on 2fort if I want matchmaking to find me a game in a reasonable amount of time.
2. I'll keep running into the same people endlessly in matchmaking
3. Some modes like competitive and MvM often don't have enough players to start depending on the time of day/day of the week.
4. Even when going through the server browser, I see maybe a couple thousand players at best that are mostly in trade servers.
>>
>>379857149
I can't aim
>>
>>379858993
I guess you've never played TF2.

And no you can't. Unless you're facing a retarded enemy team, or playing Widow, you will get 3+ kills at most before dying or having to back off.

Watching OW 'pros' in pugs or in tournaments is laughable.
>>
File: 2014-01-12_00005.jpg (516KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-01-12_00005.jpg
516KB, 1920x1080px
>>379860129
???
>>
>Tracers accent
its incredibly grating
yanks seem to love it, but do brits actually like it?
>>
>>379857750
Honestly I understand the jewing.

Blizzard is baying for petazillion terrabytes of bandwidth, and if they can pay for it by jewing other playings for cosmetics, I'm all for it.
>>
>>379858786
>I hate it because I got bored after several hundreds of hours of playing
Name a game that doesn't get repetitive if you've been playing it for that long
I'm sure there are some but not many
>>
>>379860331
Overwatch costs 60$ and has 10 times valve's numbers.

If they went f2p they'd get millions.
>>
>>379860348
I constantly get koth/payload/capture point matches, don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>379860527
>and has 10 times valve's numbers.
Source?
>>
Every Blizzard game for the past several years is exactly the same.

>Blizzard takes genre
>Surgically extracts every ounce of complexity from it
>Smooths over the resulting gaping hole with a big dose of Blizzard Brand Polish
>Crams in microtransactions to better nickel and dime their playerbase

Every single one of their releases have been like this now. Diablo 3 with its ridiculous RMAH, Starcraft 2 survived the complexity gutting but got split up into 3 separate games that had to be bought to get access to all the units, Hearthstone and its expansions and booster packs, Heroes of the Storm, and finally Overwatch.

What's sad is that they've succeeded just about every single time because their games are such bland tripe that there's nothing for the average normie to be upset about.
>>
terrible balancing and not an arena FPS
>>
>>379857149
it's boring?
>>
>>379857149
It's boring and slow
Chokepoints: The Game
>>
>>379858786
by level 200 you probably have gotten all the entertainment from just fucking around with the characters, but after that I think you need to be into competitive and mastering the game
>>
>>379860831
It worked for counterstrike

And it's only slow at low levels.
>>
>>379860348
The match making sucks, but provided you don't pick meme modes, you're always going to find a match quickly. Even at 5 AM on Wednesday like I do.
>>
>>379860485
From what I understand, the VA is from Yorkshire and she was trying to do a London accent so it just sounds weird to bongs. I find it cute.
>>
>>379860942
This.

At higher level the game is a non-stop sanic speed clusterfuck. In a good way.
>>
>>379860942
>worked for counterstrike
CS is that game for people too bad to play Quake. It got popular due the huge amount of kids at baddies that couldn't play Quake.
>>
>>379860487
No excuse
Blizzard has a huge company and servers don't actually cost that much anymore
The reason they're doing this is because they want to make overwatch their new flagship. They want this game to stick around for a long time. In order to make that happen they need to be constantly creating content, which they can't justify if they're not making money off of it.
That's fine with me except for the fact that they really haven't released enough content and more importantly the ammount of psycholical manipulation involved in trying to sell those cosmetics is ridiculous.
I love the game and I still play it but the microtransactions are bullshit
>>
>>379860942
>>379861231
Counter strike actually requires you to know how to aim
>>
>>379860474
Looks like shit.
>>
>>379860703
30 million purchases dawg.
>>
>>379861432
Great argument, kid
>>
>>379857149
-Terrible community.
-It's a "balanced" by Blizzard
-It's a Blizzard game
-Loot box bullshit
-Terrible designed maps
-Comp is a complete joke
-No depth
-Moba shit
-Devs seem to care more about "shipping" and other irrelevant bullshit than fix the damn game

The list goes on.
I wish I knew about the jew practice they had in this game, because If I did I wouldn't of ever bought the game. Also I lost a bet to my friend and paid him $10 because I said he would get caught hacking in a month's time. He's been hacking since season 2 and made it all the way to GM.

Good job Blizzard
>>
>>379860942
>worked for counterstrike
And if I don't like Counterstrike?
>And it's only slow at low levels.
How do levels affect the movement speed of the characters?
>>
isn't /v/ busy now shilling for quake champions LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>379861557
thx, go back and "play" on your idle hat server :)
>>
>cooldowns
>no ammo
>all weapons reload entire clip at once
>weapons that don't require aim
>stuns
>>
The game is sterilized. It's devoid of complexity, humor, skill and freedom that normally comes from PC games. It was meticulously made to be as inoffensive as possible. You can just hear the boardroom meetings when you listen to the character's bland and repetitive exchanges before a match.
>>
File: jeff_tf2.png (57KB, 933x265px) Image search: [Google]
jeff_tf2.png
57KB, 933x265px
>>379861525
Team Fortress 2 has more accounts than that.
That doesn't mean concurrent players.

>>379861720
Reminder Jeff Kaplan himself said TF2 is one of the greatest games ever made. OW kiddies on suicide watch
>>
>>379861583
It affects how well people play heros. You won't have a Bastion camping in the corner with a Reinhardt standing in front. You'll have Pharas all over the sky, Lucio speedboosting everybody, Genji jumping all around the map and so on.

I played with my friend who just bought the game and low level games are absolutely boring and slow because everybody is so terrible.
>>
>>379861720
>idle

Old memes.
>>
>>379861582
Half of your arguments are bullshit and the other half aren't even arguments at all. Fucking retard.
>>
I honestly hate playing as and against every character in this game. I don't know how blizzard does it.
>>
File: 1396983890544.jpg (650KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1396983890544.jpg
650KB, 3008x2000px
It's not that I hate it, it's just that there are better FPS titles I could be playing. They copied mechanics from a ton of other games and didn't even bother to implement them well. The map design is terrible too, it's like they took the worst maps in TF2 and used them as a reference or something. The whole game looks and plays like it was meant to cater to children who have never played an FPS before. All that polish didn't do much to hide it's lack of depth.
>>
>>379861583
>How do levels affect the movement speed of the characters?

More like the pace,durationi of the fights

High level players
-group faster (so more fights)
-run competent dive comps
-use their movement abilities better, and every cooldown
-use cover better and do less stupid moves(last longer)
-get more rezzes and support (ults longer fights)
-supports and tank use their abilities better so you have sustained fights
-better aim and kill skill so often the individual fights get very intense and down to the last hit. Low levels there is usually a huge skill difference or player being out of position that leads to easy kills.
>>
>>379862139
git gud
>>
>>379861993
>>379862184
And yet, game is slow as fuck compared to TF2 or Quake.
>>
>>379861941
TF2 was great when it came out. Now it's just garbage. Only 3 maps (turbine, forts, orange) ever get played and its all hats focussed.

Overwatch has vastly improved the TF2 formula.
>>
>>379861525
>purchases
>of a free to play game
That means fucking nothing
>>
>>379861941
>TF2 is one of the greatest games ever made
Too bad OW is even better. Not surprising the actual devs on Valve are jumping ship.
>>
It's too slow
>>
>>379857149
tell me why you hold that opinion
>>
>>379857149
/v/ hates it because it's popular outside of /v/.
>>
File: 1493149603524.png (281KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493149603524.png
281KB, 400x400px
>>379862271
>Overwatch has vastly improved the TF2 formula.
>>
>>379861941
>Reminder Jeff Kaplan himself said TF2 is one of the greatest games ever made.
No wonder Overwatch is garbage when their dev team has such shit taste.
>>
>>379862259
>>379862259
Yes they are very "fast" but Overwatch feels more dynamic to me. There are simply more dynamics going on in OW.

Looking to see what Quake Champions brings to the table.
>>
>>379861736
>all characters move at the same speed (bar tracer and genji with a whopping 10% faster movement speed)
>technical skills are removed by blizzard
>extent of skill-based movement is zarya hopping and concussion rocket usage for a short horizontal burst
>>
>>379862323
>Too bad OW is even better.
Nice delusion blizzdrone
>>
>>379862405
Great argument
>>
>>379862427
TF2 is great though.
>>
I know comparisons have been done to death, even in this thread, but the maps and game modes makes it feel like I'm playing TF2 even though it's a different game. I know there are some people who have been playing CS since pre-1.6 still playing GO and people who played CoD from 4 all the way to the current games but I'm not like that, I don't want to invest in an FPS that feels derivative, I want something fresh.
>>
>>379862481
>Overwatch feels more buzzword to me. There are simply more buzzwords going on in OW
Nice argument, m8.

>Looking to see what Quake Champions brings to the table
Microtransactions, MOBA-like heroes and slow games. Pretty "dynamic" you'll love it.
>>
>>379862497
You too, Pcbro.
>>
>>379862271
Overwatch has been "hat focused" from the get-go with these absolute cancerous events that revolve around earning exclusive hats (skins). Did you enjoy the summer games? WELL HERE IT IS AGAIN, FAGGOT! And you just know they'll add next to nothing new this time around. It's going to be a long year.
>>
>TF2 thread on /vg/ hits post limit in days
>OW thread on /vg/ hits post limit in hours

Hmmmmm really makes you think
>>
File: 1467061577526.png (67KB, 181x201px) Image search: [Google]
1467061577526.png
67KB, 181x201px
>>379857149
>This is by far one of the best multiplayer game in years
>>
File: 1495340626047.gif (980KB, 227x221px) Image search: [Google]
1495340626047.gif
980KB, 227x221px
>>379862027
>.t Blizzdrone
>>
>>379862579
>unbalanced shitstorm of characters
>maps full of chokepoints (fucking 2fort has more ways to get in than most OW maps)
>moba abilities
>low skill ceiling
>slow as molasses
>incoherent art style
What did it improve exactly?
>>
>>379862787
They should both be gassed, to be honest.
>>
>>379862680
>quake is the deepest and most interesting game of all time
Do you even know what depth is?

Someone should make you game with 1 rocket launcher and 1000000 player movement speed so you can play your boring masterpiece forever
>>
So many angry TF2 players in this thread. Really makes you think.
>>
File: 1467061737465.jpg (252KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1467061737465.jpg
252KB, 960x1280px
>>379862787
that must mean that CSGO and Rocket League are dead right

because the generals on a moroccan gay cruising website don't get replies

yeah that must be so, you're on to something there
>>
>>379862952
>quake is the deepest and most interesting game of all time
Care to quote the exact post in which I said that? If you can't I'll assume you are a retarded blizzdrone.
>>
File: Teamcomp in a nutshell.png (665KB, 1900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Teamcomp in a nutshell.png
665KB, 1900x1200px
Heroes are bullshit.
Your team refuses to change, while the other is God.
Mercy has never ending ult so enemies never die
You always fight people 200 levels above you.
Mei is everything
Roadhog can hook you from 1000 kilomets away
Hanzo just keeps using dragons and kills everything and gets 40 seconds of peace.
Highly HIGHLY unbalanced. I cannot have fun without getting rekt the fuck out.
Pic related
>>
Because it's garbage. I haven't been as bored by a multiplayer game in fucking years. Everything is pure and pristine and safe, there's nothing in it that innovates or even expands upon existing games. If it wasn't by blizzard it wouldn't even have a quarter of its autistic playerbase that only cares about skins and waifus
>>
>>379857878
Genji and soldier are overpowered right now.

They cant balance for shit for other reasons though, half the cast arent viable picks in a competitive environment
>>
>>379857149
have you ever played a shooter in your life or are you a girl
>>
>>379862402
this. every. dam. time.

When will you all learn what a huge bunch of hipster trash the majority of /v/ are?

Here are just a few games /v/ raved about before they were popular
>Minecraft
>Battlefield Series
>Souls Series
>TF2 pre F2P
>>
File: 1492918615430.jpg (43KB, 818x827px) Image search: [Google]
1492918615430.jpg
43KB, 818x827px
>All the Blizzard damage-control in this thread
>>
>>379863186
>They cant balance
Well, we are talking about Blizzard after all.
>>
>>379857149
Since TF2 is shit now, it's currently my favourite multiplayer game.
>>
>>379857321
>caring about playing dressup
That's pretty gay
>>
File: garbo.png (202KB, 755x869px) Image search: [Google]
garbo.png
202KB, 755x869px
>>379862787
Why are you browsing /vg/?
>>
>>379863296
Evolve was the best multiplayer game of all time
>>
>post in an overwatch thread
>people disagree with you
>UGHHHHH FUCKING BLIZZARD DRONES UGHHHHHHH!!!!
>>
>>379863113
>dying to Hanzos ult

oh I'm laffin how is bronze?
>>
>my reddit casualized videogame with le epic quips and le meme community
What did /v/eddit mean by this?
>>
File: 1493729246077.png (7KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1493729246077.png
7KB, 112x112px
>>379862996
so many paid blizzdrones with no argument in this thread
really makes you think
>>
>>379857149
There's brown people in it.
>>
>>379862952
Too bed Quake has great level design, tons of fun weapons, great single player bolstered by community content, very fun game modes, and everything else that makes an FPS good. Otherwise your "fast plus rockets" comparison that sounds like it comes from someone who never actually played the series might have some real ground in reality. Too bad m8
>>
>>379862952
>can't tell the difference between "fast" and "deep"
No wonder why you love OW, LAMO
>>
>>379863553
>>le reddit maymay xD

Great argument anon
>>
>>379857149
first and foremost because it's popular
it has its flaws but lots of strong points as well which the people here seem to ignore
>>
File: hhh.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
hhh.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>379857149
I found it lacking with surprisingly little content and game play modes. It was obviously kiddy land as fuck and looked like a gay rainbow. I was disappointed, glad i waited for a free weekend.
>>
File: 1493561945097.jpg (36KB, 800x453px) Image search: [Google]
1493561945097.jpg
36KB, 800x453px
Why do so many girls play this game?
>>
>>379864031
Because its a casual social game
>>
>>379863197
>>379862402
Not an argument.
>>
>>379864031
they dont
>>
>>379857892
TF2 was just a ripoff of General Chaos so who cares
>>
>>379857149
Because it's an FPS videogame for people who don't like videogames.
>>
>>379864031
>game is a cartoon made for children
>most women are mentally children.
there ya go.
>>
>>379864193
They do. I know a shitload of girls that play this
>>
>>379864031
Is easy and popular.

The correct question would be "Why do so many girls stream this game?", and the answer: "easy money and attention from beta males".
>>
File: 1480732939733.jpg (368KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1480732939733.jpg
368KB, 894x894px
>>379864242
>TF2 was just a ripoff of General Chaos
The blizzdrone delusion is reaching levels not yet seen.
>>
>>379857149
it's incredibly shallow, entire heroes are redundant (3 fucking snipers already, 2 turrets, countless shields) and the map design is so fucking dull and uninspired. every single map for each mode plays exactly the same; the only difference is how they look. "braindead" is the one word i would use to describe overwatch.
>>
>>379864193
I just had a girl on voicechat a few games ago.
I've never met a girl playing tf2 or cs go before.
>>
>>379857149
I dont hate it, i just grew out of the FPS multiplayer craze, played TF2 for years and had my fill. That's how it is, you move onto other things, even if you think you want to keep doing something forever something will come that'll make you walk away from it.
>>
>>379857149
Broken shit like Pharmercy combos.

At least Hog is finally getting nerfed so he's not "i press hook into group and get kill :D"

Need to make Mercy's regen kick in after a longer period of time, or put her floating on a fuel system like Pharah. Or just undo the 35% lift boost to Pharah's jump jets from a couple patches ago.
>>
>>379858715
Hol up
So you be sayin
that Overwatch is more of a team-based game than TEAM Fortress 2 because it rewards good teamwork and punishes terrible synergies?
Really jiggles my butt
>>
>>379857149
>The game will never be balanced because of how blizzard so desperately wants to appeal to both casuals and pros along with the characters having vastly different skill floors and ceilings
>blizzard inconsistent with everything they do, like how they have a nicely designed map like eichenwalde that they actively try to fix the problem parts then they have the attack/defend maps, or how they nerf Mcree or soldier yet they never actually go through with.huge nerfa on the trio that has almost always been meta, Lucio, Reinhardt, and Ana
>The community is so easily swayed by tier lists and YouTubers, making playing an off meta comp enrage people, even in quickly
Still like to hop on sometimes and play though. The worst part about it for me is that my friends are obsessed with the game and want to play it every day while I just want to play other games than csgo or ow
>>
>>379864621
This too. You always run into girls on voicechat
>>
>>379864267
Very succinct
>>
>last day of event
What did you guys get?
>tfw 4 legendary skins but none is what I want
>>
It's MIND NUMBING

I don't know why did I bought it. It's so insipid
So fucking much
And slow
>>
>>379857149
>shit netcode
>shit balance
>buy boxes goyim
>gamebreaking bugs
>ghost hits
>tumblr writing
Yeah, i kinda regret spending my money and time. It was fun for a while. But it's not improving at all. How did it become GOTY?
>>
>>379865226
>How did it become GOTY?
According tho who? Activision's GOTY awards?
>>
>>379858715
One of my favorite things about TF2 was that because the skill ceiling was so high you could eventually become good enough to carry almost any team that could find their way out of spawn.

The game did a good job of allowing strong players to be strong and weak players to make up with it through in-built mechanics. I had a lot of fun becoming known on servers as the guy you specifically countered back when everyone still used the server browser.
>>
>>379865226
D44M was GOTY
that or Total War Warhammer
>>
>>379857149
it's a moba not a shooter
>>
Shallow gameplay
Terrible fanbase
Huge shilling, which makes me not want to play it instead

Porn is good, but I will never play this game because of this.
>>
I dont hate this game, its just boring.
>remove all skill based movement mechanics from tf2 and quake
>make all the abilities brain dead and easy to use with few exceptions
>have some characters basically require no skill so even 30 somethings with bad reflexes can contribute

its the perfect storm of bland in offensive waifu bait fun, blizzard is a brilliant company. I wish i could design something this "good". After playing a shitload of FPS over the years it was just to slow and mechanically boring. That combined with no private servers, the embarrassing rick rate at launch and lack of custom game modes was the final nail in the coffin. The fact that it is constantly discussed here and even praised/defended when it so clearly lacking in core features expected on PC for the last ten years is a fucking joke. But /v/ will continue to discuss it and defend these business practices because apparently its okay if bilzz does it :DD
>>
I got burnt out on it after getting plat. The meta is always stale and the community is shit and people throw literal tantrums over mic if you don't pick what they want. Everything gets nerfed nothing gets buffed and that's boring. Season one was great and i loved it, hero stacking was hilarious and almost everything except the poo in the loo girl was viable.
>>
>>379865409
TGA
>>
GIVE ME THE D.VA LEGENDARY SKIN REEEEEEEE
>>
>>379866092
>2014
>Dragon Age: Inquisition
>2015
>The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
>2016
>Overwatch
Is an ironic prize? I mean, they can't be serious, right?
>>
>>379857149
>can't go fast
>carrying is a foreign concept to this game
>none of the weapons sound fun to fire
>stealth barely exists
>too much emphasis on MMO class functions to be an FPS
>no pre-selected categories for people who want to play one thing in particular (this would probably be an arcade/quickplay thing since maining is cancer)
>ult economy punishes hero-switching, a critical element of the game
>entire game and map design revolves around chokepoints
And the most important of all:
>always 6v6
Jeff prattles on about teamwork how meat grinder shooters aren't what they're going for but it would make this game actually interesting. Blizzard just doesn't want to break the mould. If they wanted to be lazy I'm pretty sure more than half the maps could just be enlarged and it could support having more players in one game.
>>
>>379864810
3 whites and a blue this whole update. I bought McCree and Winston's dances.
>>
cooldowns are absolute garbage in any genre except RTS games, god knows why they decided to put them in the one genre they would fit the very least

also you can't really go do your own thing like in TF2, the game is basically like dota in that regards, and dota fucking sucks to play without friend stacks
>>
>>379859132
>fps
>consoles
pick one
>>
>>379866340
How the fuck could inquisition be GotY in any universe? Seriously i'm not exaggerating when i say it's one of the WORST rpgs iv'e ever played. I hate it with a burning compassion, i liked dragon age 2 more than that garbage.
>>
File: 1415329411799.jpg (11KB, 283x302px) Image search: [Google]
1415329411799.jpg
11KB, 283x302px
>>379857149
>This is by far one of the best multiplayer game in years.
Seriously?
>190+ posts
SERIOUSLY?
Why is /v/ so retarded with giving (Yous) To BLATANT as fuck Troll posts?
>>
>TF2 is stale and boring as fuck.I literally only play overwatch now.
How is this possible? Overwatch was boring to me after the first 10 hours or so I put into it. While with TF2 I'm still having fun learning how to mechanically git gud with each character and I'm 170 hours in.
>>
>>379857149
It's extremely fucking casual
>>
File: 1482085473919.jpg (70KB, 955x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482085473919.jpg
70KB, 955x960px
>>379859817
>Thank Kaplan Overwatch doesn't let its community make their own servers and maps! Someone might make a reddit meme map and host it on a server I'd never go to, and that's just awful!
>Oh yeah, that's the spot Jeff! Don't stop!
>>
>>379868854
I'm at 2281 hours myself. TF2 is fun to do my own thing with. I usually play other games these days but if OW gets too gay I just go play TF2 instead. OW is definitely a better serious team game while TF2 is good at being fun. I like fun more often than not.
>>
>>379857149
It's just kinda boring. Extremely basic inputs, character interaction, options. It's like TF3. It's fun with friends for the goofiness but that's about it to me. If it wasn't a Blizzard run game there wouldn't be a competitive community for it.
>>
>>379857750
It launched at $40 ($60 for collector edition with skins)
>>
>>379857149

There's lots of things flawed with it in terms of goals. I think it has good core gameplay/potential though.

It's a game targeted at CASUALS, COMPETITORS, and the fuck around TF2 crowd so there's shitloads of way this is going wrong.

Casuals and competitors: This is not a hard game to play and many of the characters are fun the screw around with. However whether the quick play or the competitive, this game is inheriantly set up to be competitive period. The match set ups and player numbers always make this into some quasi-level professional competition with the other team.

On the flip side of things, the game is too casual/screwey for more serious FPS players to want to do on a competitive level.

TF2 fuck around crowd:

No private/player run dedicated servers, easily accessed custom modes (thanks blizz for taking in your Starcraft 2 policy), and various other things that made TF2 and other FPS games fun to play around with.

It's trying to reach various goals and hamstring itself in the process. It has nicely designed characters/waifus, runs nicely, and so on. But I have zero urge to play the game.
>>
File: IMG_7328.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7328.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>379857149
NEVER!!!
>Piss poor characters.
>No talent to git gud.
>Cheap map design.
>Press Q to win gameplay.
>M-muh waifus.
STUPID GAME WITH STOOPID CHARACTERS!
>>
File: 1493930948368.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1493930948368.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>379857149
>6v6 only
>no mods
>no community servers
>no custom gamemodes
>no plugins
>no commnuity made cosmetics
>no community made maps
>cant run on overclocked
>half of the characters are useless
>one of the worst communities in existence
>most cosmetics are trash
>all the good cosmetics are time restricted
>>
>>379871223
>6v6 only
>no mods
>no community servers
>no custom gamemodes
Why are you lying?
>>
its fun for mindless shooting and playing with bros

i dont know how people can play this for hours on end though. its probably that comp ranked delusion that forces you to grind out the game even after you stopped having fun

vanilla tf2 was better simply because at no point did it become tryhard shit
>>
>>379871456
He means 6v6 max. Pathetic.
Mods as in modifications, not moderators. There aren't any.
There are no community servers or custom gamemodes, everything is run and controlled by Blizzard.
>>
>>379871456
name a single time the game lets you play with more than 12 players, with mods such as texture and sound changers, with fully community run servers or with community made custom gamemodes
>>
>>379871676
Are you retarded? You can create your own gamemodes now. Blizzard added that months ago.
>>
>>379857149
>Baby's first multiplayer FPS

Its the perfect game for normies, camwhores and streamers i give you that. Blizzard knew where the real dosh lies after Hearthstone.

As a game its nothing special i wouldnt call it bad. Its just gets extremely boring if you ever played any team based fps before.
>>
>>379872406
the sliders on the custom match menu which are entirely regulated by blizzard, not allowing the players a lot more freedom in the likes of games like TF2 for game modes
>>
>>379862787
>vg
I dont want to imagine the amount of waifuposting, cropped porn, erp, avatarfagging in those threads. Every moba thread on vg is a unique nighmare.
>>
>>379872406
>You can create your own gamemodes now.
Cool, when's Freeze Tag?
>>
>>379872406
So where's OverWare?
>>
>>379857960
Your main issue is that you're a vain faggot who likes to play dress up to impress other people online instead of focusing on gameplay.

Take the cock out of your ass and the game will be more enjoyable.
>>
File: 1438059713600.webm (611KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1438059713600.webm
611KB, 350x350px
>>379857149
>This is by far one of the best multiplayer game in years.
>>
File: why nott.png (3KB, 306x269px) Image search: [Google]
why nott.png
3KB, 306x269px
>>379857149

It's popular.

Anyone who says otherwise is lying. This shithole always hates on everything popular because it's popular.
>>
>>379875576
Whatever makes you feel better about your babby shooter.
>>
>>379875576
being popular =/= being good
>>
>>379875734

Great argument.

>>379875773

That's true but most of the complaints about it are pretty fucking stupid. I'm not saying it's flawless just that' it's irrationally hated here.
>>
>>379857149

Playing competitive matches with a few friends is the most fun I've had in a multiplayer FPS game since Halo 3. The community is alive and active, the game gets updated (for free) a lot, and most of the heroes are easy to pick up but have high skill caps.

Really no major complaints, but I also don't actively try to dislike popular games like 95% of /v/ does.
>>
File: a drunk fox.png (77KB, 474x398px) Image search: [Google]
a drunk fox.png
77KB, 474x398px
>>379876054
>playing competitive matches with a few friends is the most fun
>playing with friends
Gee, I wonder why it was fun.
>>
If you arent good, its not fun. Unless you're some beta bitch that plays to get dumpstered in normals.
>>
File: 1495409195015.png (497KB, 521x903px) Image search: [Google]
1495409195015.png
497KB, 521x903px
I don't really play anymore I just masturbate to Ana
>>
>>379857149
it's shit
>progressive
>ugly
>uninspired characters
>lore is shitty
>cosmetics
it's shit i hate it.
>>379875576
fuck off normalfag
>>
>>379876796

No thanks.
>>
>>379857149
>Abilities that would be called hacks in any other game
>Characters that literally do not have to aim to deal damage with their weapons
>Shitty netcode that "favors the shooter", meaning that you can use abilities, see them go through and die, then see that you didn't use any ability in the killcam

It's a shit game and you have shit taste for liking it.
>>
>>379860348
1. It's not the game's fault it went F2P and retards only play 2fort. Also >matchmaking
2. Anecdotal. You're still finding a game, aren't you?
3. Don't play shit gamemodes.
4. There's plenty of servers and plenty of players for a game that's TEN YEARS OLD. I'll bet OW is dead as a doornail in five.
>>
>by far one of the best

You're dumb as fuck, my dude.
>>
>>379875576
I have like a bit over 100 hours into it and I'm fairly bored of the game. The fact that characters can hard counter each other (and don't say they don't when Bastion can single handedly be shut down by Roadhog or Pharah), the fact that you can accomplish little alone, and the lack of overall depth really make me dislike the game as far as "serious" playing goes. Granted, I did enjoy most of my time playing it so I can't complain.

Also the cosmetic system they use is pretty fucking cunty.
>>
>>379876978
The 2 (two) heros that don't require aim (Symmetra & Winston) can only deal damage to anybody about five feet ahead of them. None of the abilities would be called hacks in any other game aside from maybe S76s ult but it's his ult. He's not using aimbot every 5 seconds.
>>
>>379857776
yes
>>
>>379876978
All of this could apply to TF2 as well lol
>>
>>379872406
oh neat, I can play prophunt in Overwatch now?
>>
File: 1397842605841.jpg (63KB, 500x729px) Image search: [Google]
1397842605841.jpg
63KB, 500x729px
Pictured: TF2 Shitter
>>
>>379878246
>prophunt

How's life with autism?
>>
>>379878480
>changing the subject when you get btfo
>>
File: 1441637613683.png (143KB, 364x329px) Image search: [Google]
1441637613683.png
143KB, 364x329px
>>379877827
>Genji
>Reinhardt
>Lucio
>Mercy
>Bastion
>Torb
>D.va
>Tracer
>Reaper
>Sombra
>Orisa
>Requiring significant aiming to be good with

Come on son. You can play all of these characters well even if your aim is trash. I love Reinhardt but I'm not retarded enough to think that landing firestrikes and charges is hard or requires much aim.
>>
Hello blizzard marketing department
>>
Rainbow 6 siege is better...
>>
If you pay $60 for a video game, you should have all of its content forever.

No argument can be made against this.
>>
>>379857520
The game is kept alive over the years either by paid dlc and free cosmetics which spilts the community and costs everyone over time for content or free dlc and grindy/paid cosmetics which keeps the community on equal footing and only costs autists who pay real money for virual items.
>>
>>379878896
yes yes now please keep buying the $40 a year p2w dlc goyim
>>
>>379857149

too hostile towards single queue players and wacked out balancing
>>
>>379878896
Siege is one of the absolute worst games atm for microtransactions and not having the entire game when you buy it.

25 000 renow for an operator? Get the fuck out of here jewbisoft
>>
>>379878970

Well fuck I only paid $40, how much of the content do I deserve then?
>>
>>379878079
No it couldn't. There is not a single character in TF2 that gets free damage just by being close to the enemy (not even Pyro, even if it is easy to land the flame it's not guaranteed lock on).

There are also no character abilities in TF2 and the netcode, while not perfect, is still miles ahead of OW.
>>
>>379857149
Terribly balanced, like all blizzard games
Terribly optimized, like all Blizzard games
Little content, few maps few weapon types
No story at all.
>>
>TTKs of an arcade shooter in a game with differing base health values and damaging abilities
>>
>>379857149
The thing that bothers me about overwatch is how they handle balancing.
>oh boy time to complain about genji
They don't even have to nerf him, they could have just made other heroes better.
They also could have made sombra or orisa counteres, but they fucking didn't.
For how slow they add or fix things, the sombra AND orisa release really let me down.
>>
>>379879763
Genji has so many tools at his disposal that buffing everyone else to be so generally competent would make the game an absolute clusterfuck.
>>
File: 1481245363936.jpg (18KB, 583x328px) Image search: [Google]
1481245363936.jpg
18KB, 583x328px
>>379862787
>OW threads on /vg/ are almost exclusively porn and waifuposting

Really limes my coconut.
>>
>>379857149
>by far one of the best multiplayer game in years
First of all, learn grammar.
Secondly, you're fucking wrong, It's Quake Champions.
Finally, you're a huge fucking faggot if you enjoy this "game".
>>
1.It has mainstream popularity.
2. Triggered by "SJW elements".
3. Autism
>>
File: 1492129924555.gif (593KB, 1962x1255px) Image search: [Google]
1492129924555.gif
593KB, 1962x1255px
>>379864031
>it's """"""""""representative"""""""""""
>obvious shilling with stronk women and hot dudes
>lots of cosmetics
>easy as hell but the game tricks you into thinking you're good (see "play of the game" etc)
>popular among streamers
>>
File: 1495722114691.jpg (161KB, 1000x604px) Image search: [Google]
1495722114691.jpg
161KB, 1000x604px
>>379858950
This.
>Titanfall 2 has free DLC that affects gameplay as well
>No cancerous fucking loot box system, you can just buy what you want
>New things come out every month for it
>Meanwhile the only stuff that ever gets added to Overwatch are cosmetic shit
>>
File: 1495365541656.jpg (37KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495365541656.jpg
37KB, 540x540px
>>379880747
muh grammar ur a faget if u liek dis gaem

Ha, great argument anon. You are definitely NOT underage
>>
File: Dirtybombmerch.jpg (725KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dirtybombmerch.jpg
725KB, 1920x1200px
Don't mind me, just being a much better character shooter than Overwatch.

Too bad the unlock system is pretty fucking jewish, though.
>>
>>379880747

>it's not a game if I say it isn't

I don't even like this game but you sound like such a pretentious little faggot
>>
>>379881773
>Dreamworks faces

yeah na
>>
>>379857149
Personally i dont hate it. Its just mechanically boring (with couple hero exceptions) plus hard CCs and cooldown based combat doesnt belong to an FPS game. Skill floor is also absurdly low and currently the rating system with onetricks is fucked up. These days i only log to overwatch when i can get full time with friends.

Rainbow 6: Siege on the other hand is amazing game and underrated af. First time having a blast with a multiplayer FPS since pre-hat TF2 days.
>>
File: redeye.jpg (137KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
redeye.jpg
137KB, 620x349px
>>379881773
Supreme taste

Redeye best merc
>>
>>379882379
Where?
>>
File: 1495900683292.png (327KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
1495900683292.png
327KB, 600x590px
>>379881607
>reddit spacing
>e-celeb picture
Hmm...
>>
>>379881773
You are still worse than RtCW:ET.
>>
>>379881773
>Hood with visor on it

Are these a real thing?
>>
>>379881773
The only good thing was the movement system
The sliding, wall jumping, shit was cash
>>
>>379882741
To be fair, ET isn't really a character shooter. It's a class based one, like TF2.
>>
>>379883016
Yeah. Is just that I was really disappointment at DB, I expected a new ET. Serves me well for being hyped.
>>
File: hoodie.jpg (30KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
hoodie.jpg
30KB, 960x576px
>>379882851
Yes. Probably restricted to insanely expensive designer brands, though.
>>
>>379860007

JewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJewJew
>>
File: cw-9.png (170KB, 1027x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cw-9.png
170KB, 1027x1500px
>>379881773
>God Tier:
Team Fortress 2

>Great Tier
Dirty Bomb

>Good Tier
Quake Champions
Paladins

>Mediocre Tier
Overwatch

>Shit Tier
Keystone
>>
>>379882379
OW has the dreamworks faces much worse.
>>
>>379883304
Is it really fair to put Keystone there when there's literally nothing revealed about it yet? Or is it an approximation based on how DE handled Warframe?
>>
>>379857149
>Why does /v/ hate it?
Why does tf2 fags hate it?

There, fixed it for you.
>>
I enjoyed it, got it for 280 Argentinian Pesos, thats roughly $18, by using a proxy. Lootcrates are also in pesos, so I pay around $1.80 pr. crate. Not that it's needed. You level up all the time, and I have been a lucky bastard with my skins and so forth.

All in all, p. good.
>>
>>379857149
I don't hate it, it's fairly fun. I play a fighting game when I want something more competitive and overwatch for just dumb fun.
>>
Because /v/ cant into basic teamwork then proceeds to bitch when they cant play it like tdm
>>
>>379857750
It's keeping all the updates free and they're only cosmetics. I think it's a good trade-off.
>>
>>379883551
Are you joking, nigger? I've been playing it for the past 3 weeks. It's shit. The problems are core to the game and can't be fixed unless they literally remake the game, ground up.
>>
>>379857321
>Dota2
>Autistic playerbase
>Access to all the content right from the start
>Cosmetic items you have to play for

>Overwatch
>Autistic playerbase
>Access to all the content right from the start
>Cosmetic items you have to play for

Yet somehow one game has to be bought while the other is free.
>>
File: confused tracer.png (2MB, 816x935px) Image search: [Google]
confused tracer.png
2MB, 816x935px
>>379886692
>Comparing a MOBA to a FPS
>>
>>379884138
>never played TF2
Wtf i love Overwatch now.
Wtf i love playing same simplistic maps over and over again with even more simplistic heroes with even more simplistic mechanics. WHOA
>>
>>379857321
>never spend a dime for skins
>still got all the skins I need and enough coins to get anything I'd fancy
I wonder how it feels to be autistic
>>
>>379886945
Overwatch isn't an FPS.
>>
>>379857892
>I have shit taste so it means the game is bad!! Developpers should only cater to ME!!!
>>
>>379885784
Wait what? I thought the alpha signups were for an alpha a fair bit into the future?

In that case, I stand corrected.
>>
>>379886989
>simplistic mechanics
>simplistic heros
How's bronze treating ya?
>>
>>379887059
If Overwatch is a MOBA and not an FPS, so are Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare.
>>
Honestly just got bored with it faster than any game I've ever played. Ultimates are fucking retarded and basically make competitive retarded in a lot of maps. Heroes are boring as fuck besides Mei maybe. No way to consistently rush certain capture points without getting slaughtered by the same fucking heroes. And finally made by Blizzard who has now destroyed their own mmo (on purpose since they won't release classic or bc servers), Diablo franchise, Starcraft franchise, refuse to balance Hearthstone etc. I 100% guarantee this game will die fast as fuck for either the new call of duty or star wars in november
>>
>>379887059
>Overwatch is not a FPS
>you shoot in first person

Anon...
>>
>>379887605
That's because it's not a solo carry game. You have to rush the objective with at least another teammate or at stall until someone else arrives by teleporting around as Tracer or something
>>
>>379887646
>you don't battle in a multiplayer online arena in quake
MOBA is the most retarded acronym I've saw. It only exist because RIOT didn't wanted to call his game "dotaclone" or ASSFAGGOTS.
>>
>>379887457
No, first test was on the 26th, and evety weekend since. It just abysmal. It has about a fourth the skill ceiling of CoD. the game is entirely simple, directionless, and boring, all while relying on a central gimmick that is just dumb and does nothing for dept or fun.

Each character has two basic ass skills (Crouch slide and self-heal, etc) and one weapon... BUT WAIT, A GIMMICK!

The game has a card system. Basically you make a deck that deals you cards, in order, of the course of the match and the cards do various things:

>Permanent upgrade: like a perk from call of duty, lasts throughout the rest of the match.
>Momentary: gives you a momentary effect, faster move speed, modified skill, infinite ammo for 20s, etc
>Weapon: Gives you a different/better weapon with finite ammo

This might sound complex or something, but it's not. It's just fucking boring and requires no thought. Plus unlike Warframe, or something like CoD or Paladins, there's no potential to make a "build."

None of that matters because the gameplay is just so mediocre. I hate Overwatch because it has awful movement,but this game is even worse, worse even than CoD. At least CoD now has ground sliding, double jumping, wall-running, sprinting, mantling etc. Keystone has nothing. Just a basic sprint and jump.

The other problem are the maps. They look nice, but the designs are fucking terrible. It's clear DE has no idea how to make maps for multiplayer FPS games. Again, I keep going back to CoD (just because it's considered the lowest common denominator), but even the maps in that game are all fairly good (some great) and a some of their level designers have roots in games like Quake. DE seems to think that throwing some shit on the ground and then making it symmetrical makes a good map.

It's awful. I can see literally no reason you'd play this over TF2, DB, Paladains, etc.
Thread posts: 298
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.