[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this game get so much hate on here? It's one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3797.png (149KB, 279x363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3797.png
149KB, 279x363px
Why does this game get so much hate on here? It's one of the best games of this console generation. Someone explain the hate
>>
I wanted the missing link to complete the saga
>>
Anyone who thinks MGS V is a bad game and MGS 4 was anything other than shit should be banned from /v/
>>
>>379852818
Because it is not finished but will be after tomorrow.

Also david bowie is alive and faked his death.
>>
>open-world
>peace walker mission system

the game deserved to flop
>>
>>379852948
They were both better than 2
>>
>>379852818
The hate is primarily extraneous to the game itself which is close to perfect.

>marketing
>hype
>personal expectations
>content deemed unsuitable to the finished game
None of which were shipped on the disc itself, so any arguments concerning the above are easily dismissed as critics roleplaying as video game directors.
>>
>>379852818
>It's one of the best games of this console generation.

But it's not a good metal gear game
>>
>>379852818
Chapter 2 being half repeat missions + Hideo releasing a video of the cut content. If the game would have ended with chatper 1 it'd be my goty
>>
>>379852948
This senpai
>>
>>379852818
The story was ass and pretty boring- in a series that is loved primarily because of its story.

The gameplay was fantastic, but there was also some serious shortcomings in certain areas that harmed the games long term lifespan- signifigant weaknesses in both MGO and FOB, in addition to motherbase being nothing more than a pretty place to walk around in.

Had motherbase given us more character interaction, minigames, interactions with other characters, the game would have been much better received as well.
>>
People expected something the game had no interest of providing.

Kojima wanted to make a different kind of MGS and that's exactly what he did.
>>
>>379854596
I wouldn't mind the multiplayer's shortcomings if Online Mode didn't hold half of my goddamn money and resources hostage and make the iDroid run like idiotic slow dogshit.
>>
>Open world is empty with literally 2 people and a jeep
>PW mission system that steps back to PO
>Unfinished
>People wanted a Drakengard like story, but instead we got a Kingdom Hearts one with unlikable characters. Tone is all over the place.
>Paid Demo

Pretty much people expected it to save video games, but all it did was be as sloppy as most AAA titles. It wasn't completely terrible and didn't have many gltiches, so thats good atleast.

I would give it a 7/10, but its far from anything greater.
>>
>>379854596
>some serious shortcomings in certain areas that harmed the games long term lifespan

Like what?
>>
File: 583407672.jpg (36KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
583407672.jpg
36KB, 640x432px
>>379852818
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCs0xxUS5as
>>
>>379852948
>Eastern Europe
I will never understand what they were thinking with that.
>>
>>379852989
how the fuck does David Bowie factor into this at all
>>
cus faggots around here have shit taste.
>>
>>379852818
like all fun games with levels, once you make them open world they suffer. that's it. if the game isn't super good like mirror's edge then open worldliness fucks them completely. if the game is strong like final fantasy or metal gear solid it only makes them acceptable but ultimately watered down and lame versions of their previous selves.

degamification they should call it, you slowly remove all the gameplay from a franchise and get left with a virtual themepark based on the franchise. open worlding a game is the 'for western audiences' version of a pachinko machine.
>>
>>379853069
It didn't flop.
>>
>>379853086
Mgs 2 is the best of them all (except gameplay, thats Mgs 3)
>>
File: tpp.png (96KB, 644x103px) Image search: [Google]
tpp.png
96KB, 644x103px
idk, I had fun while it lasted.
>>
>>379855943
MGS5's Open world took nothing away from the fun of its game play. You can speculate whether or not you would have enjoyed the game better without open world but thats all it is, speculation. The gameplay is stellar and arguably the best in the entire series, with several well fleshed and designed segmented areas spread across said world, so quit talking out of your ass.

Open world design is not inherently bad. We get that you and a lot of others are tired of it by now with this recent influx over the decade but this stupid meme needs to die.
>>
>>379855517
>Open world is empty
Give me one example of a rich open world game. Not trying to be hostile here, migh tbe my next buy.
>>
>>379856245
Any GTA basically. 4 is really good, 5 is good too but definitely has some empty areas.
>>
>>379856245
Unironically Bethesda games
>>
>>379852948
4 was better than 5, 2 was better than 5, fucking PEACE WALKER was better than 5.
>>
>>379855862
>The Man Who Sold the World
>Diamond Dogs
>Major Tom
MGS V is basically an hommage to David Bowie.
>>
It could have so much better, but Konami ruined everything.
>>
>>379855862
Im sure you believe that he just haplened to die from his """secret 18 month""" cancer battle 2 days after his last album came out and was the theme song for a game about a guy who fakes his death featuring the song "the man who sold the world" about a man who faked his death.
>>
>>379856245
GTA give you people to fuck with
RDR/Far Cry give you that, and animals to beware and hunt.

Its literally better than nothing.
>>
>>379856569
and Bowie was supposedly so involved in Kojima's ruse cruise that he faked his death? References and homages don't mean shit except that Kojima likes Bowie
>>
>>379856569
>the man who sold the world
we have the superior midge ure cover, not the bowie version
>>
>>379856761
MGSV was fucking optimal for a hunting minigame to develop rations.

but nooooo
>>
>the rip off that was Ground Zeroes retailing at $20-40
>story with not much interesting happen and lots of filler missions or story bits left behind into audio logs
>there is no reason to explore mother base at all practically. Its huge but lifeless outside of those moments where you can interact with Paz
>the world itself is huge but it takes forever to get around in without fast travel and is empty with not much to do in it save for repeat missions
>there reaches a certain point where building bases, upgrading/buying weapons, or sending soldiers on missions not only takes forever but takes up a lot of resources. Its somewhat avoidable and it takes a long time to get there thankfully but when it does it feels like the F2P model at its worst
>if you care about ranks you likely wont use most of the items you spend hours developing because the game takes points off your overall score for using certain items
Its still a fun game but its the kind of game thats hard to want to replay or start a new playthrough on.
>>
File: 1469074183518.gif (2MB, 375x300px) Image search: [Google]
1469074183518.gif
2MB, 375x300px
>tfw I loved doing the side stuff over the actual game
>Could spend hours doing it
>Just walk around, raid bases, and repeat
>Also so minor missions while I'm there.
>Main missions suck, and I don't really want to do them
>Realize I have been spending 5 hours instead of playing the actual story.
>Turns out everyone hates the side missions

Feels like I lost control of my life in a video game.
>>
>>379856631
yes, I do believe that, because there is literally no reason for him to fake his death besides to boost his album sales, and definately not to promote some video game he has minor ties to
>>
>>379852818
MGSV's mechanics are fantastic for an action game, but that's all it has going for it.

The story is terrible
The environments are bland
The missions are repetitive
The characters are dull and uninteresting except for Kaz
Its missing a whole chapter
It fell short on its RPG elements at mother base
>>
File: IMG_20170611_112915.jpg (756KB, 1653x935px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170611_112915.jpg
756KB, 1653x935px
Amazing game
>>
>>379852818
It's a great game, but not a good metal gear game
>>
File: HTS.png (88KB, 759x111px) Image search: [Google]
HTS.png
88KB, 759x111px
>>379856208
im trying to 100% the game right now. just got 2 more missons i need to S-rank and a billion mission objectives
>>
>>379858841
same, i'm at 86%, just have EXTREME Sahelanthropus and a bunch of objectives left
>>
>>379858841
I've been thinking about 100%ing it but I don't know if I have it in me to Srank everything and especially do all the fucking objectives.
>>
It's a rehashed unfinished peace walker with a robot Big Boss that barely says anything. It's hardly a main series MGS at all. The fact that it's "one of the best games this generation" shows how pitiful games are this gen.
>>
>>379859387
I thought it was assumed that it is a spin off? And yes this game has some of the best gameplay and content of any other game this gen.
>>
>>379858127
>10 real-life days to complete a single mission
>B rank
This game is too easy.
>>
>>379856241
>You can speculate whether or not you would have enjoyed the game better without open world but thats all it is, speculation.
Except there's no need for speculation. GZ is literally proof of that.
>>
story was a huge let down, but I really liked just about everything else about it
>>
It was fun but needs to get a Competent Director's Cut that removes all the shitty padding.
>>
File: IMG_20170611_121646.jpg (695KB, 1606x907px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170611_121646.jpg
695KB, 1606x907px
>>379860314
I did better this time
>>
>>379855687
>tfw konami owns all the right to the FOX engine
>all they use it for is pachinko cutscenes and PES
>>
>>379856245
Even bethesda games have better open worlds than MGSV
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.