[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would you halt production on a console WHILE it's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: mini-nes.jpg (265KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mini-nes.jpg
265KB, 2000x1000px
Why would you halt production on a console WHILE it's the #1 best selling console in the world?

Shouldn't you wait until the sales dip at least a little bit?
>>
Because Nintendo is the autism company
>>
They want to ensure that, if they re-release the console, or if they release something similar (SNES Classic Mini), then they would sell every single one they manufacture. Hell, they could announce a N64 Classic Mini over E3, and even though that system didn't even have 60 games, you are guaranteed to see any production amount sold out within days. Because people will know that it will only be released in small quantities, and then not become available outside scalpers.
>>
Because they have some virtual console subscription shit for the Switch and they want to use that to sell the console.
>>
>>379843212

Huh? The 64 had like 300ish games IIRC.
>>
>>379843410
Yes, I was being facetious. Although honestly, I don't think that the N64 had that many really great games. Sure, you have Mario, Zelda, and Star Fox. But past that, you start getting into titles like Quest 64.

My point, though, was that the system would sell like hotcakes, even with Quest 64 as a "selling point", precisely because everybody knows that Nintendo underproduces and will cut the supply short after just a year. N sells like NES Classics, but they're guaranteed to sell any sort of SNES Classic, N64 Classic, Game Boy Classic, or anything else they feel like putting out now.

Nintendo wants some cash? Just throw together all the Virtual Boy games and sell a VB Classic. It's practically guaranteed to sell out the full production run. Actually, VB Classic would be pretty good, since it's next to impossible to find those games anywhere.

That's why Nintendo pulled the NES Classic while it was still a best seller, and left everyone to the scalpers to get a copy.
>>
Artificial scarcity.

They want to make it to seem like Nintendo systems are premium products not everyone can get a hold of, so they undership to create a sort of "Better get one before it's too late!" mentality; they did the same thing with the Nintendo Switch and it's working alarmingly well.
>>
Because they released the Switch.

They don't want normies buying a $50 nostalgia meme console when they want then buying the brand new actual console
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.