[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come webm related is still the best co-op game? >no contrived

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: hold-the-door.webm (2MB, 950x540px) Image search: [Google]
hold-the-door.webm
2MB, 950x540px
How come webm related is still the best co-op game?

>no contrived left4ded style shit where you need other people to rescue your dumb ass
>instead you need people to cover all the entrances and wedge doors while you zip cuff the suspects
>actually tense tactical shooter in old school rainbow 6 style
>get severly penalized for shooting indiscriminately, again emphasizing teamwork through organic design
>you must be brutally efficient and well coordinated to get a score above 80 or to not lose your entire squad to one guy with an AK
>complex level layouts with randomized suspect/civilian placements for that replay value
>some runs are destined to go to shit because you're just a guy in a world where bullets really fucking hurt
>police brutality simulator
>punching and macing zip cuffed suspects are never penalized

The way I see it we have 2 types of co-op games now: contrived L4D clones where you're a cripple who cant do a single pull up and borderlands "anything is fun with friends even watching paint dry" optionally loot & shoot snorefests.
>>
>>379840297
so whats the game called OP
>>
>>379840297
I miss the SWAT games. Why can't we have complex games anymore?
>>
>>379840423
The game is called not on steam because fuck you but it's better than abandonware it was a year ago
>>
>>379840423
Swat 4
>>
>>379840469
They tried to resurrect rainbow 6 (I don't count siege), it didn't go so well

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236510/Takedown_Red_Sabre/

As for SWAT, there was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd139Nin33M

By literal whos and also pre rendered trailer so contain your orgasms
>>
>>379840297
Battleblock Theater/Castle Crashers
Terraria
RoR (solo runs a shit)
Payday 2 (pretty l4d but with better content and rewards good players who survive on their own)
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

I'm sure there's more. Besides, what's wrong with l4d teamwork? I'd say one of the less satisfying things is winning a coop game by carrying the person next to you.
>>
>>379841279
>Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
I would have accepted R6 athena sword since swat is a brother from another mother but anything past that is ubi running the series into the ground
>>
>>379840297
Your L4D comparisons are shit.
>>
>>379840905
Man I'm so hyped for Ready or Not, I can't wait to see more. Sadly I think the devs said they're not gonna be at E3 or anything.

inb4 "ANAL STAIRCASE LOL"
>>
>>379841831
How left 4 dead forces cooperative play
>lol you got smoker'd son better wait for rescue

How a better game encourages cooperative game
>design the level to be unpredictable and all the enemies deadly
>deduct points for being trigger happy

>>379841962
>Man I'm so hyped for Ready or Not
Why? I'm certainly interested but I don't know who the developers are and all I've seen is what I'd call a mood setting trailer
>>
>>379842606
It never forces co-operative play. A good player can go through any map completely on his own.
>>
>>379842745
Sure, but all it takes is one unlucky special spawn and you're fucked. Game is designed from ground up to make players codependent, and while it was a cute idea at the time it became standart for co-op focused games.
>>
>>379843392
There's no special in the game that can't be dealt with solo and they all have audio cues, even ones that play the moment they spawn, to make sure you know that they're coming.
>>
>>379842606
>how left 4 dead encourages coop
>game design that punishes players for not playing as a unit through deadly (but somewhat forgiving, which fits the overarching design of the game) AI
>how swat 4 encourages coop
>game design that punishes players for not playing as a unit through deadly (and very unforgiving, which fits the overarching design of the game)

Really ripcording my brain cells
>>
>>379840905
What happened to takedown? Was it that bad? I remember watching it for a bit and then I got it in a bundle slightly after launch and the servers were cut because players were non existent.

I played with bots and it seemed ok.
>>
>>379843949
They ran out of kickstarter money and released and unfinished buggy mess was my understanding.

>>379843718
Which doesn't help much when they can be hidden behind a literal horde of zombies. I think you're still missing the point. Dark souls CAN be beaten using a guitar hero controller but then again your dick CAN be reattached after you've lopped it off at the root for a bet.
>>
>>379840297
You can play that game seriously or just pissing about and its still fun. play any style you want.

Me and my friend always go spec ops the line when a hostage dies.
>>
It's the best because you and your friends just have to pirate the same torrent and connect to the same IP to play online
>>
>>379844886
All ranged weapon have varying degrees of penetration
Boomers don't present an immediate threat unless they're at melee range
Smokers can not grab you through infected
Hunters can be stunned
Jockeys can be stunned
Spitter acid can be moved away from and is also blocked by other infected
Chargers can push through common infected, but have to connect to grab you and can still be killed in one hit to the head even at melee range, in addition to being one of the loudest and biggest targets

Of course, you shouldn't get into a situation where you're surrounded by common infected in the first place.
I think the problem here is that you're not one of those good players I mentioned earlier. It doesn't take a thousand hours of practice to achieve the required skill level to solo maps in L4D either.
>>
>>379845613
so youre meaning to tell me that i can play THIS with a FRIEND for FREE? now if only i had a friend
>>
>>379846126
>he doesn't know about tunngle
cyka blyat
You can also buy it on gog for a couple of dollars
>>
>>379846292
Nah man, you just literally pirate the same torrent (it's possible that different versions could work, but we never tested it) and nothing else. One starts a multiplayer match, the others just join by IP.
>>
rainbow six siege is the best rainbow six ever released.

you like the single player ones because they're easy as fuck. not so easy when you HAVE to be creative and fast not to get shrekked. nothing you do in any game will ever be as operator-as-fuck as the best moments of siege.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.