[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanted to get into King's Bounty for a while. Where do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (33KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
33KB, 460x215px
I wanted to get into King's Bounty for a while. Where do I start? Any games I should avoid?
Any info before getting into it?
>>
Game's fucking awesome. I wish it would get some more recognition. Start wherever you want, but I would suggest chronologically. The legend and armored princess (crossworlds) are the best. The later entries were slightly worse I think. Overall, great games.
>>
>>379839810
Start with Crossworlds, it's literally an upgraded version of Armored Princess, so you don't need to buy AP separately. Once you finish Crossworlds, play Dark Side, it has the best gameplay mechanics and tactical depth in the entire KB series, but you should still play Crossworlds first, because it's a really good game overall.

SOme may say that you should start with The Legends, but, IMO, it's really dated gameplay mechanics wise, compared to Crossworlds and is a joke compared to Dark Side.

Warriors of the North is the most grindy and bland game in the series, so I haven't finished it myself, but the music is amazing, so you should at least listen to the OST.
>>
>>379840174
Chronologically sounds cool since I prefer playing games sort by release date, is there a proper list of all the games?

Usually I look on Wikipedia for lists but the article is kinda shit and it starts off with Amiga and Genesis games. Should I play them too?

>>379840218
Thanks! I don't mind old gameplay mechanics since I play a lot of old games, too. I'm a bit confused though: are Armored Princess and Crossworlds the same games?
>>
>>379840514
>are Armored Princess and Crossworlds the same games?
Basically, yes. Do not buy Armored Princess separately, if you can get just Crossworlds. Crossworlds adds a lot of ork units to the game and some other shit, the only reason to play AP over CW is the difficulty: some of the orc encounters will tear you a new one, until you learn how to deal with them. Their shamans are absolutely fucking nasty.
>>
>>379839810
I bought every olderish king's game in a bundle and got 20 hours out of it until the samey nature of combat got boring. I can't be bothered to play again because every fight is the same shit over and over again just with a few different stats and barely any progression.
>>
>>379840931
That was with the legends by the way.
>>
>>379839810
Paladin Amelie best grill
>>
>>379840931
>>379841020
The point of KB games is to experiment with your army composition and play with different units all the time, which is something the game literally pushes you to do due to the limited nature of recruitable units, so you are forced to swap unit types that are being used as the losses accumulate and your leadership increases. If you try to play with a constant army composition all the time by trying to minimize your losses as best as you can, the game can get grindy. That's the reason i love Dark Side so much, it has the best unit variety in the game and each unit, new and old, gets new passive and active abilities, giving you more shit to experiment with.
>>
>>379841530
I went with Summoner Amelie and had a fucking blast.
Phoenix and Chaos Dragon plus all support units is pretty fun.
>>
>>379841537
I think i will restart the game with a lower difficulty and not the hardest like last time. If i remember right, i always had to grind and avoid enemies when i'm in new areas to even be able to survive most rounds without too many causalities. After i realized that it will be the whole game i just lost the desire to repeat it so often.
I think my save stopped after the pirate islands or something. I hope i can get faster through the game with lower difficulty without micromanaging every single troop.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.