[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bloodstained devs have a poll up asking if they should use c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: screenshot 20102.jpg (203KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot 20102.jpg
203KB, 1280x720px
Bloodstained devs have a poll up asking if they should use cel-shading for their environments. I think they should, as the backgrounds are bland looking realism style, and the characters look anime.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13159228
>>
will look like shit either way
>>
>>379837605
>will look like shit either way

The environments are what are pulling it down. The models look great. They look like NDS Castlevania sprites transformed into 3D.
>>
There's a bit of a disconnect between the backgrounds and the models, but I think they already did a pretty good job at making that difference way more slight over time. Trying to turn the whole thing cel-shaded might throw a wrench in the whole thing.
They should have gone 2D to begin with. They have no excuse to go with Unreal when Hollow Knight managed to look much better at a tenth of the budget.
>>
>>379837864
>Hollow Knight managed to look much better at a tenth of the budget.
And tenth of the detail.
>>
>>379838296

And that's the thing people forget. It's vector graphics, so flash tier shit with no detail and everything looks, I don't know, wet liquid or melting. Art style looks like adventure time, so just a tiny step above smiley faces. The color usage is pretty bland too.

What happened to super detailed sprite work like Symphony of the Night? With time, we've gone backwards, not forwards. I dreamed of a PS2 Symphony sequel in the early 2000's, and how gorgeous it would look at twice the resolution, twice the detail, and twice the size. Instead we got shit that looks 1/10 as detailed.
>>
>>379838296
So? Still looks a ten times better. Maybe Iga should have considered making his game simple and good looking rather than the complete mess it looks like. Knowing your limitations is an important part of game development.
>>
>>379838535
Hollow Knight still looks better than Bloodstained. If they succeeded at the advanced sprite-work you're speaking of, it'd be one thing, but it isn't. They wasted more money to make a worse looking game.
>>
>>379838596
>So? Still looks a ten times better

No. HD Sprites are total garbage.

>Maybe Iga should have considered making his game simple and good looking rather than the complete mess it looks like.

Well, that I agree with. It should have targetted the 3DS, for a 240 resolution, and be 2D.
>>
>>379837495
>cel shading

When will this meme end
>>
File: mfw.png (600KB, 600x775px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
600KB, 600x775px
>>379838754
>Hollow Knight still looks better than Bloodstained.
>>
Give it some time, it probably won't look amazing ind the end but there's still a LONG way to go before we're at the end of asset creation.
>>
They should make it look like ASTAL with parallax.
>>
Tweet suggestions/questions to Suhartra Iida, the director. Next update will be him answering questions. Use the following hastag:

#AskCurry @SwordOrWhip

Here is an artist's rendering of him.
>>
>Bloodstained devs have a poll
>http://www.strawpoll.me/
>no source
try harder retard
>>
it's not a matter of cel-shading or realistic looking, when the lighting is consistent it gives a more cohesive look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU2wfqVHE64
>>
File: iga-san portrait.jpg (206KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
iga-san portrait.jpg
206KB, 1280x720px
>>379840705
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.