[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously, what was up with this shit? >Fuck you to consumers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 2716100-ambcert.jpg (226KB, 960x463px) Image search: [Google]
2716100-ambcert.jpg
226KB, 960x463px
Seriously, what was up with this shit?

>Fuck you to consumers (well mostly drones and idiots buy on launch year anyways)
>Made it impossible for Nintendo to sell GBA VC games
>>
>>379836105
>Made it impossible for Nintendo to sell GBA VC games
How?
>>
no one would have bought gba games anyway since their emulator was pure ass.
>>
I thought it was neat.
Bought a 3DS at the new price, but got the games and the certificate anyway.

The problem was Nintendo seriously thinking they could charge $250 for a fucking gaming handheld.
I didn't refrain from buying it initially, because it was too expensive for me, but because anyone could see the device was doomed at that price tag.
>>
>>379836418
yet the switch is a $300 handheld

Anyway, the gba emulator shuts everything down and doesn't have the features of other vc games. The 3ds wasn't built to emulate gba games.
>>
>>379836205
They made them exclusive for ambassadors

>>379836259
I assume they had to rush the GBA VC.
And since they weren't going to make any money out of it, they just said "fuck it".

They did make one for the WiiU though. Not sure how good the GBA emulation on WiiU is. Considering how shit the VC emulators for the WiiU are, I wouldn't be surprised if it's shit.

>>379836418
It was retarded to base the launch price on the hype.
>>
>>379836105
I don't even understand what happened to mine. I got a 3DS XL and transferred the licenses to it and all of a sudden, I could't find them on the store anymore. It's like a new 3ds voided it.
>>
>>379836259
>no one would have bought gba games anyway since their emulator was pure ass.
It's not emulated, they run natively. Literally natively. 3DS has all of DS hardware in it, part of DS hardware also included GBA's ARM7 chip which is how it runs natively.
It's also why you can't use save states and why it goes through the GBA bios boot logo and everything.
>>
>>379836105
>idiots buy on launch year
Well, those idiots got something you didn't and had to come here to bitch about it.
>>
>>379836692
Nice assumptions. The reason why there's no GBA on the VC is because the 3DS can't use StreetPass/SpotPass while running GBA games. The 3DS doesn't emulate GBA games as it does with SNES games. It simulates them because it uses the 2nd CPU, which is the same one the GBA has, to run these games.
>>
>>379836105
just hack your 3DS

fuck Nintendo
>>
>>379837329
Check your download history they're not in the shop.
>>
>>379836674
>yet the switch is a $300 handheld
you are retarded
>>
File: n3ds.jpg (423KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
n3ds.jpg
423KB, 3000x2250px
im still mad we never got this in the US
>>
File: 1458770396175.png (45KB, 596x658px) Image search: [Google]
1458770396175.png
45KB, 596x658px
>>379837764
Again, it seems like the GBA emulation was rushed considering it shuts down features.

>>379837626
I waited until the N3DS.
So I got SNES games.

Also, I have access to GBA games too, see
>>379837832

>>379838297
Weren't only a few Club Nintendo members able to buy one?
You can import one from ebay if you want.
>>
>>379838828
it was offered to 3ds ambassadors
>>
>>379838237
He misses the point, but he isn't entirely wrong, so calling him retarded seems wrong.

The Switch is being sold as a home console, but it is a handheld.
>>
>>379838828
>GBA emulation was rushed considering it shuts down features.
it isn't emulation, it's running on the ARM7 inside the 3DS, literally running on GBA hardware, GBA can't run 3DS home menu features
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.