[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not trying to shitpost here and would geniunely like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1496721576131m.jpg (49KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
1496721576131m.jpg
49KB, 1024x678px
I'm not trying to shitpost here and would geniunely like to hear some opinions.

If we talk about the game of the decade, I think many people can agree on these:

1980s: Super Mario Bros.
1990s: Ocarina of Time
2010s (so far): Dark Souls

Would you agree with these?

And whats the game of the 2000s? Here are my canidates:
Shadow of the Colossus
GTA: San Andreas
World of Warcraft
>>
replace ocarina of time with doom
>>
Dark Souls is dogshit
>>
Replace dark souls with minecraft
>>
File: filth2.jpg (12KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
filth2.jpg
12KB, 480x270px
>>379833152
you are a soulsfag and therefore you opinion doesn't mean shit
>>
>>379833264
>>379833438
this
>>
>>379833152
So basically game of the decade means whichever game's dick is more sucked off by the most vocal fanbase.
>>
>>379833264
>>379833438
can't argue with that. both changed a lot of things for the industry and are still popular today.
>>
File: consida the forowingu.png (669KB, 963x832px) Image search: [Google]
consida the forowingu.png
669KB, 963x832px
>>379833152
>2010s (so far): Witcher 3
>>
what criteria can you use except 'game that changed the most things'

I mean if you have a better way to make the decision, then go for it

Mario brought back a sense of "this is magic" to a dying industry, and it was a combination of a quick and intuitive interface and a very creative expression of platforming, and a pretty cheap sale price

Every game on earth has a bit of Doom in it now, you may not like Doom, but to believe it's not the king of kings is a little silly

for 2000s wasn't it world of warcraft? We all hate it now, but holy shit it changed things

Dark souls is a good choice, because it showed everyone that 3rd person shit doesn't have to be awful shit made for babies, people are still being influenced by it
>>
>>379835138
>dying industry

American revisionism.

>every game has a bit of Doom in it now

Multiplayer games, at best

>to believe it's not the king of kings

lol

>world of warcraft changed things

Name one (1).

>3rd person shit

And we're done, even braindead drones who agreed with the rest of your post will have to give up now.
>>
File: 1352368403661.jpg (25KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
1352368403661.jpg
25KB, 500x504px
>>379835983
You wouldn't know since you were probably 6 at the time but EVERYBODY played World of Warcraft or had someone in their immediate family who played that shit. Aside from sports games WoW and the Wii combined is what made gaming a normie-accepted hobby.
>>
>>379833438
This.
>>
>I'm not trying to shitpost here
>>
>>379836304
I played the superior Lineage II thank you very much.

I also don't believe the narrative that WoW brought in normies. Wii is a different case.
>>
File: IMG_8876.gif (14KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8876.gif
14KB, 416x416px
>Would you agree
No, but that's the beauty of personal experience. Super Mario and Ocarina are arguably among the most influential (and popualar), but they don't strike the same chord as other games during the era did with me.

>80s
>>Missile Command, Galaga
>90s
>>Metal Gear Solid, System Shock 2
>Y2K
>>Deus Ex, Tales of Symphonia
>2010-Present
>>Dragon's Dogma, Human Revolution, Rocket League

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter because contrary to the /v/ collective; There are a fuckton of great games throughout history. It's almost ridiculous to narrow the 1990s down to one game because of how blatantly fertile it was, but when you take a step back all decades end up looking like it.

Fuck, I love video games.
>>
>>379833519
FUNNY RASPY VOICE MAN FUN
>>
>2000: Anything that isn't Red Alert 2
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.