[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's nintendo E3 >retro studios annouces Metroid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

File: samus_aran_metroid_prime[1].jpg (130KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
samus_aran_metroid_prime[1].jpg
130KB, 1024x768px
>It's nintendo E3
>retro studios annouces Metroid prime: dread

How should it be designed, more like prime 1 or prime 2? 3 is out of the question of course
>>
It should be designed more like Project Dread
>>
>yfw it's the scrapped prime 1.5 with 4 fucked up ai in a space prison
>>
>>379824953
I always thought that concept was weird as fuck
>>
>>379824789
>>It's nintendo E3
>>retro studios annouces Metroid prime: dread

Ugh. I hope not. Metroid fans don't deserve any more games.
>>
>>379824789
More like Prime, but bosses like Echoes
>>
>>379825129
I hope you mean having the challenge of prime 2 as well
>>
>>379825175
Yes, sure.
>>
>Prime
Into the trash it goes

NOBODY FUCKING WANTS A SHITTY UNDERPOWERD COWADOOTY SINGLEPLAYER GAME ON A CHILD CONSOLE DO YOU FUCKING GET IT?

Bring 2D Metroid back or make a 2.5D game
>>
>>379824789
2 is the only good game in that series.
>>379824953
Also, this. 2 could have been so much more.
>>
>>379825234
>or make a 2.5D game
GOD FUCK NO. As a non-religious person, I feel compelled to go to church this Sunday and pray for your forsaken soul...
>>
I'd rather not have more generic Prime shit and have an actual Metroid game made inhouse at Nintendo.
>>
>>379825360
please stop responding to the same guy shitting up prime threads for 2 years, he just wants attention
>>
>>379825034
This is obvious bait but I dont care
>Metroid fans don't deserve any more games
>previous two games are legitimately bad, even by outsider standards
>somehow it's our fault
>>
>>379825448
>obvious bait
>responds to it anyway

You are just as bad
>>
nintendo ip so it would have some retarded gimmick like samus can turn into a booger and go into monsters noses and get boogerloot
>>
>>379825837
Would play
>>
>>379825448
Let's be honest, you havent even played Federation Force
>>
>>379824789
What if they just make Other M but actually good this time.

They just release another game named Other M that's good that completely erases the original.
>>
Ew. I don't want another lousy first-person Metroid.

Give me another 2D platformer, preferably one without all the crappy game-interrupting dialogue that Fusion had.
>>
>>379825448
FF is an ok side game Tbh
>>
>>379826071
I'd be ok with this just no shitty ship setting, it sucked in fusion and it sucked in other M.
>>
>>379826071
>Other M dev says Prime series aren't canon
>All future Metroid games don't regard Other M as canon
it's like ceramics
>>
>>379824789
We're not getting another fucking Prime, that ended when no one bought that piece of shit 3DS game. A 2D Metroid game is far more likely.
>>
>>379826546
Sakamoto never said they weren't canon he called them side games
>>
>>379826587
Seeing as how the last one was in 2003 I doubt that
>>
>>379826212
Amen.
>>
>>379826664
Do you want me to cross post from the other thread I'm in to shut your autistic ass up?
>>
>>379826598
Primefags have autism, they think their spin off games are main series games so you need to say "in the timeline" that way they can understand english.
>>
>>379826760
What? Am I wrong? The last 2d metroid game was 2003
>>
>>379826882
Time to crosspost

Takahashi: "So at this point we have two different types of Metroid games. We have the Prime style of Metroid game and we have the more traditional style of Metroid game. We feel that we do need to take care of both of these styles of play. And the hope is that at some point in the near future we'll be able to share something about them."

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-planning-a-future-for-both-2d-and-3d-metroi-1590142491

Tanabe: "I'm the producer of the Metroid Prime series, and [Metroid series co-creator] Yoshio Sakamoto is the one in charge of Metroid itself. I'm not sure when he's planning on making such an announcement so I can't speak for him."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx

Tanabe: "So I’d like to first clarify the difference between the 2D games and the Metroid Prime games. First off, I’m assuming you’re familiar with Yoshio Sakamoto. He is sort of the keeper of the Metroid series. Yes. For me, I’m more on the side of the Metroid Prime with the first-person view. To be honest, since Sakamoto is on the side of the 2D games, I can’t speak for him at this time. I won’t be able to tell you what’s in his mind."

http://kotaku.com/everything-we-could-find-out-about-that-new-metroid-gam-1712003930

Reggie: “Look, we know that the fans want a straight Samus Aran game. We also know that the best way to launch a game like that is to surprise and delight them, to give them a launch date, in an environment like this let them play it vs. what other companies do which is to announce a project that you may not see for five, six years. It’s just not the way we do things. We know the community wants to see a straight-up Metroid game. We know it.”

http://kotaku.com/nintendos-reggie-talks-metroid-amiibo-and-of-course-1713347550

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLAu113idcs
8:35 "Next TRUE installment"
>>
i really hope dread is the next metroid game because it will literally never come out
>>
>>379827243
Um ok but how does this change the last 2D metroid game being in 2003?
>>
>>379827307
>I don't know how to read hints the post
Don't be autistic like the other thread please.
>>
>>379826292
fair enough. If it weren't for he fact that Nintendo can't design a controller that isn't stupid, I wouldn't mind seeing the core concept the mixed combat/movement system in Other M refined into workable system in what ever the next title may be.
>>
>>379827595
If done properly, the movement system in Other M could really help push the franchise forwards into new/better areas.

They could work it to create some new suit upgrades, areas and environment puzzles and have some interesting boss fights.

Combat could also be improved, other m showed its possible to have some sort of melee system in a Metroid game

The game had some nice ideas and concepts but ultimately it failed in every aspect
>>
>>379824789

Prime > Prime 2 but Nintendo can't make a game as good as that again. It was an accident that it happened in the first place.
>>
>>379825034
Fuck off Sonygro.
Your fanbase is literally the only one with this retarded mentality of fucking over people being good
>>
>>379828515
>Fuck off Sonygro
Haha, you're wrong

Im a Nintendobro and I finished Other M 100%
>>
>>379828619
>I finished Other M 100%
Oh so I was right on the nose then. Falls in line with the cinematic trash you lot enjoy.
>>
>>379828896

I thought it was mediocre, but not a bad game. I'm glad it was made, because I actually enjoy Metroid games, unlike you.
>>
>>379829021
>I actually enjoy Metroid games
Yet you liked the game that was the least "metroid" in the series.
Even federation force can claim a prime style control scheme.
>>
>>379825129
This seems like a good middle-ground. Definitely liked the greater vibes of isolation vibes of MP1. The pitch black pirate labs in Phendrana after you get the thermal visor still spooks me a little.
>>
>>379829189

Nah I'm pretty sure you just hate all Metroid apart from the Prime games, but you keep on demanding Metroid games that you wont purchase
>>
>>379829457
Are you trying to say I wouldn't purchase another Other M?
Because you're right.
The previous 2D and 3D games had nothing in common with Other M in the slightest.
>>
>>379829774
>Are you trying to say I wouldn't purchase another Other M?
>Because you're right.

Then you better stop asking for Metroid games, becaus e you know that is what you will get.
>>
>>379829890
Hey FF controlled like a prime rather than Other M so it's a step in the right direction at least.
They just need to keep Sakamoto away
>>
>>379830037

Controlling like one isn't enough, it has to actually play like one.
>>
>>379830123
Atmosphere and playing are two different things anon.
Play refers to the control.
Atmosphere refers to the feeling.

They're already half way there in other words.
>>
>>379830215
>Level design is "atmosphere" and not gameplay
kys yourself
>>
>>379830123
>playing like one isn't enough, it has to play like one
Excuse me?
>>
>>379830436
That's how it's always been sonny.
>>
>>379824789
>not Metroid 5: Dread
>>
I'm going to give it another shot at some point, but I couldn't get into Prime 2 at all. I loved the first for the sense of isolation and then the second starts you out with cutscenes and NPCs to talk to and it just put me off.
>>
>Prime shit

Not interested.
>>
So I finished Zero mission and AM2R, should I jump into the Prime games or play Super first?
>>
>>379830037
He's the producer of the 2D games so be happy we're never getting a Metroid like Other M again, goodnight.
>>
>>379830823
The only NPC to talk to is U-Mos, and you talk to him about 4 times for a minute each across the whole game.

>>379830854
Do either, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>379824789
they're working on a vr metroid game. won't be out for a long time, though.
>>
>>379830823
>NPCs to talk to and it just put me off.
You mean the only other lifeform that isn't dead or sealed away?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.